Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Epicurus wrote: »

Thats chilling stuff,and again very toned down to reality of it all.So you can imagine the real stuff.
    Great bit of work without going over the top.
    Tomorrow should be a very good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Agree on Whitney being stupid in it.

''He loves me, we're soul mate, I'm only doing him a favour for his mates''

Nope, sorry, I don't care how vulnerable you are, a girl of Whitney's age and experience couldn't possibly believe it. I don't buy it for one second, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

It's not a case of being naive - that's what people are missing. It's a case of being damaged and vulnerable and reaching out for "love" or any form of affection or attention from anyone at all. She knows the truth deep down - that much is clear - but in her mind she has nowhere else to turn as noone wants her. I think EE is portraying this very well and as a previous poster said, reality is a whole lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

ya because i read on the website that an actually young girl that went threw this helped whitney with the story and the writers of the show are telling this girls story....she said he drover her home, he put his number in her fone and he took hers and everything.

its a gud story line......but scary to think about it.....

cant wait to see what happens tonight in it......will she get away r will rob drag her back into the house???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I havnt seen EE in agggess... can someone fill me in as to what Whitney is actually doing??

last I saw was when Lauren found her and she carried on walking into the club..

• Advertisement

Misticles wrote: »
    I havnt seen EE in agggess... can someone fill me in as to what Whitney is actually doing??

She's a prostitute and that Rob guy is the pimp.

And get this, she dosen't even realise it and thinks she's just doin "favours" for his mates. She thinks her and Rob are in love and are "soulmates".

How unrealistically stupid is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

She's a prostitute and that Rob guy is the pimp.

And get this, she dosen't even realise it and thinks she's just doin "favours" for his mates. She thinks her and Rob are in love and are "soulmates".

How unrealistically stupid is that?

/facepalm

but I suppose some girls can be so vulnerable and naive to think that a guy who is "treating" them well or flashing the cash is being good to her and she feels compelled to do these "favours"

also there was 10min eposide on friday....and whitney went to the party and only realised what was actually going on because of another girl 2years down the line. and then that rob fella told her he was only interested in her because of her body. he locks her in a room and when she hears voices she breaks out a window and jumps from a porch. a family see her and she asks for a phone and rob roars at her out the window and its over........so u dont know if he got her or she got away or what....which is pretty annoying by the way....because you cant really stop in the middle of a good story line like that :mad: :mad:

/facepalm

but I suppose some girls can be so vulnerable and naive to think that a guy who is "treating" them well or flashing the cash is being good to her and she feels compelled to do these "favours"

Nope, don't buy it for one second. It MIGHT have been a bit more believable if she had gotten really close to this Rob guy over a period of a few months, but a couple of meetings in the last few weeks and they're soul mates? Nah, no chance. Not a girl of Whitney's age or experience. Highly unrealistic IMO.

I know whitney's vulnerable but she's a sassy girl and that lad he looks too young, they cast the role badly, I could see her being more drawn into prostituting by someone a bit older who's got a bling lifestyle. In the same way as she tried to go for Max, if the guy was more of a hardnut and 'father figure' it would be more realistic. I know girls who've got into it through that, working in sex clubs where the blokes are all rich and flashy.

Also, from what we've seen of her personality, there's nothing to indicate she would let that lad act in violence against her. Maybe if they'd have shown him feeding her drugs I would have believed it. That is also how 99% of girls get caught in the situation and it would be more realistic.

As for Janine "I know the type" heh yeh we know you do!

Nope, don't buy it for one second. It MIGHT have been a bit more believable if she had gotten really close to this Rob guy over a period of a few months, but a couple of meetings in the last few weeks and they're soul mates? Nah, no chance. Not a girl of Whitney's age or experience. Highly unrealistic IMO.

I know whitney's vulnerable but she's a sassy girl and that lad he looks too young, they cast the role badly, I could see her being more drawn into prostituting by someone a bit older who's got a bling lifestyle. In the same way as she tried to go for Max, if the guy was more of a hardnut and 'father figure' it would be more realistic. I know girls who've got into it through that, working in sex clubs where the blokes are all rich and flashy.

Also, from what we've seen of her personality, there's nothing to indicate she would let that lad act in violence against her. Maybe if they'd have shown him feeding her drugs I would have believed it. That is also how 99% of girls get caught in the situation and it would be more realistic.

As for Janine "I know the type" heh yeh we know you do!

4612774_f260.jpg
    even supplying her with drugs
    4612776_f260.jpg
    When Whitney changes her mind, Rob forces her in the car and to the party he has organised

It seems they cut parts out!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Eastenders-Red-Nose-Day-Special-Whitney-Dean-escapes-Prostitution

They can hardly go all out especially with the controversy they got from the baby story.
    Its called watching your back and keeping it partly unreal so people dont get to upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,897 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan Kirkwood hinted at surprising developments in store for troubled mum Heather Trott, who has experienced a tough time in Walford lately.
    He said: "Heather will find love with a mystery man whose identity will shock everyone. You might even know him already."

So who? Patrick, Darren, Greg or Phil or someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    lol Patrick!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

lol Patrick!

Her and Darren were a pretty unlikely combination, so I wouldn't rule out anyone! Maybe it'll be Shirley:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ian was looking for a new woman last night. Heather wouldnt mind working in the cafe or the chippy and herself and Bobby share a love of cheese. Perfect match.

Jack will need someone when Ronnie leaves but he prefers dumb blonde Mitchells :p

Patrick and Heather is just so wrong as was her and Darren - for some reason I could see Patrick with Kim maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

My money's on Patrick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Jack will need someone when Ronnie leaves but he prefers dumb blonde Mitchells :p

Patrick and Heather is just so wrong as was her and Darren - for some reason I could see Patrick with Kim maybe
    I thought the word on the street was
    Jack and Kat "bond" over the baby-snatching situation after Ronnie leaves
    ?

In light of what's said in the above link, perhaps in their rush to move that story along they've switched course.

Would anyone have expected anything less?

It was either she flee London for good or stick around and face charges. I don't see how anyone could let her off over what she did. There was a baby snatched at the end of the day, nevermind the placing her dead son in the baby's cot to stage the wrong baby's death.

Would anyone have expected anything less?

It was either she flee London for good or stick around and face charges. I don't see how anyone could let her off over what she did. There was a baby snatched at the end of the day, nevermind the placing her dead son in the baby's cot to stage the wrong baby's death.

I wouldnt send her to prison for it,not exactly in full faculties when she did it and when she tried to go back it was when ambulance had arrived.

But in saying that during the time when you baby isnt breathing you would ring an ambulance or stop someone on the street for help.Not wander around like that. Purely fictional basis that happened.
    But then again because of her history it is possible she was having some kind of episode like someone who is shell shocked.
    So no as she was mentally unstable or emotionally unstable she shouldn't go to prison.

• Advertisement

wel i kinda thought that alright but i also thought she might have been carter off 2 d funny farm :)

i think it might be a blast from the past....or someone right under our noses.

but did ye see the way they were holding hands when they dropped the custody battle thing and after the way he hugged jody????....could be darren but that could be 2 obvious.....but that is what makes u thing WHO??? and then bam its him :eek:

i cant wait till she find loves because i love heather.....and it about time she met someone :D

caseyann wrote: »
    I wouldnt send her to prison for it,not exactly in full faculties when she did it and when she tried to go back it was when ambulance had arrived.

But in saying that during the time when you baby isnt breathing you would ring an ambulance or stop someone on the street for help.Not wander around like that. Purely fictional basis that happened.
    But then again because of her history it is possible she was having some kind of episode like someone who is shell shocked.
    So no as she was mentally unstable or emotionally unstable she shouldn't go to prison.

That's delusional tbh.

Being emotionally unstable isn't a reason to get off prison for a crime of that nature.

And even if she did have an ''episode'' when she swapped the babies, she should clearly be punished for holding on to the baby for as long as she has.

i agree she had an eposide when the baby died and she went blank but she was not mental ill or anything like that since the paramedics arrived untill now.....she knows what exactly she has done ....and by not doing anything about.....she is making it worse for herself. plus she is pushing everyone away so they dont see the baby and flips when he goes out......that is not been ill, thats been paronoid about gettin caught and covering your tracks. and she has had soooooo many chances to make it right but doesn't....thats planned!!!!

personally if some kidnapped my child i would want them behind bars not in a hospital for a couple of months......

kaa wrote: »
    i agree she had an eposide when the baby died and she went blank but she was not mental ill or anything like that since the paramedics arrived untill now.....she knows what exactly she has done ....and by not doing anything about.....she is making it worse for herself. plus she is pushing everyone away so they dont see the baby and flips when he goes out......that is not been ill, thats been paronoid about gettin caught and covering your tracks. and she has had soooooo many chances to make it right but doesn't....thats planned!!!!

personally if some kidnapped my child i would want them behind bars not in a hospital for a couple of months......

Exactly.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Ian was looking for a new woman last night. Heather wouldnt mind working in the cafe or the chippy and herself and Bobby share a love of cheese. Perfect match.

ha ha very good :D

That's delusional tbh.

Being emotionally unstable isn't a reason to get off prison for a crime of that nature.

And even if she did have an ''episode'' when she swapped the babies, she should clearly be punished for holding on to the baby for as long as she has.

Whats delusional :confused:

If I were Kat I'd kill her - she may not have been in her mind when she took the baby but afterwards she knew what she doing she has keep the baby so long she deserves a hefty prison punishment imo

If I were Kat I'd kill her - she may not have been in her mind when she took the baby but afterwards she knew what she doing she has keep the baby so long she deserves a hefty prison punishment imo

ya because i read somewhere when the truth comes out and Kat gets Tommy back......Kat says if she ever sees Ronnie again she will kill her!!!!!

But apartly when she gets Tommy back she has problems bonding so there is another story line straight away.....i understand why she can't bond but i hope it's not dragged out.

• Advertisement

Whats delusional :confused:

It's delusional that you think that Ronnie shouldn't go to prison over what she has done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement