Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

8.2m @ 7:48 Pace

Felt good starting off this morning,ran 4m to meet a friend who i planned to do 6 with,but at the 8.2m mark i passed my house and went in,mile 6,7,8 were very tiring and even though the last 2m was downhill for most of it i decided that there was no benifit in doing it.

Good luck to everyone doing ballycotton tomorrow,looking forward to reading all the reports.

8m @ 6:48 Pace

Set out to do 8x7mm,I dont do that often enough and thoroughly enjoyed it,could easily have done 70 mins for 10m today ( something i have never done in training ).Running normally makes time go by fairly quickly but when you are going faster than usual it absolutely flies by !
    I was home before i knew it,legs felt great ( good decision to cut Saturdays run short ).
    I dont know yet how the rest of my week will pan out ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Sosa wrote: »
    8m @ 6:48 Pace

Set out to do 8x7mm,I dont do that often enough and thoroughly enjoyed it,could easily have done 70 mins for 10m today ( something i have never done in training ).Running normally makes time go by fairly quickly but when you are going faster than usual it absolutely flies by !
    I was home before i knew it,legs felt great ( good decision to cut Saturdays run short ).
    I dont know yet how the rest of my week will pan out ....

I read the staRT OF YOUR thread. Did you decide on Cork or Berlin.
    Going on your kilmacthomas and dungarvan 10km time you are on the 3 hour mark. Imagine when you get into marathon mode.

I read the staRT OF YOUR thread. Did you decide on Cork or Berlin.
    Going on your kilmacthomas and dungarvan 10km time you are on the 3 hour mark. Imagine when you get into marathon mode.

I would like to do Berlin,but looks like Dublin.
    Not even thinking about it because its 7 months away.
    Going to concentrate on the shorter distances for the summer.

8m @ 7:11 Pace

Done the same route as yesterday and tried to get under 7:15 Pace which i did,would not have been able to replicate yesterdays pace.
    Real spring feel about the weather today ...very enjoyable.
    Might run tomorrow...might not...

• Advertisement

10m @ 7:24 Pace

I have been thinking about my training as of late and on the back of that i have tweeked it a touch.
    For this week and next week i will do 5 runs in 4 days ( i like my rest days ) 45m each week...i have decided not to go over this until i start my marathon training in the summer.
    Also, i reckon i have been doing my long runs to fast and my short runs not fast enough...
    So this week i have done :
    Mon - 8m @ 6:48 Pace
    Tues - 8m @ 7:11 Pace
    Thurs am - 10m @ 7:24 Pace

and plan to do :

Thurs pm - 4m under 7:00 Pace
    Sat - 15m @ 8:00 Pace

Now, i know that 8m is not short but i just wanted a bit of quality and miles behind me for this week and next week.
    The following week,i'll only do 30-35 as i have the 4m race that i want to have a right cut off,want to get sub 24 in that.

4m @ 6:39 Pace

Wanted to do this before dinner but was to weak from the hunger ( only had a salad for lunch ...Rabbit food :D ),so i had to wait until 8:30 when it should have been digested enough ....First 3m were a bit quicker but i could feel that big bowl of liver ( and the few cuts of bread ) i had floating around my belly on the last mile :D

All in all a good day ...
    Rest tomorrow and a 15m LSR on Saturday morning before i sit down and torture myself watching the 'Pool try salvage something against Man.U.

14.7m @ 7:41 Pace

Lovely morning again ....felt good most of the way round,the last mile i was tiring,but i have put a good week in and thats to be expected...

44.6m this week...similar next week

8m @ 6:57 Pace

Didnt set out to do this really,just had a look at the watch at mile 6 and i was 30 seconds over so i needed 2 x 6:45 Paced miles to get under 7 min miles so i pushed on and had 20 seconds to spare at the end :D

Feels good to start the week with a good quality run.

20.1m @ 7:39 Pace

Planned on 12 but felt so good i changed that to 15,and then after a while i thought fcuk it,might aswell do my first proper 20m while i was feeling so strong.
    Must have been the few Guiness i had yesterday,i have no other explanation for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bam33

Hi Sosa,

You are doing really well. I am planning on starting some running this evening:eek: Any advice for a complete beginner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

20.1m @ 7:39 Pace

Planned on 12 but felt so good i changed that to 15,and then after a while i thought fcuk it,might aswell do my first proper 20m while i was feeling so strong.
    Must have been the few Guiness i had yesterday,i have no other explanation for it.

You're going very well Sosa, its great to be able to turn a 12 into a 20 when you're running at a strong pace.
    I know what you mean about doing good long runs the day after a few drinks. While its not to be recommended all the time, I too have experience of these morning after "penance" runs:)

Bam33 wrote: »
    Hi Sosa,

You are doing really well. I am planning on starting some running this evening:eek: Any advice for a complete beginner?

I am not the fella to be giving advice Bam33,plenty of people on here would be though.
    I just run and dont think to much about it or plan it that well tbh.

what i will say though is take your time and ease into it,if you read the start of my log you will see how i "broke" myself into running as such.
    Just try enjoy it and not kill yourself,you will see progress after a while.

You're going very well Sosa, its great to be able to turn a 12 into a 20 when you're running at a strong pace.
    I know what you mean about doing good long runs the day after a few drinks. While its not to be recommended all the time, I too have experience of these morning after "penance" runs:)

Yesterday was possibly the worst i have ever prepared for a run,never mind a 20 miler....the Guiness must have loaded with me up with carbs

6m @ 7:38 Pace

I was going to give today a miss but Sungod was doing his last run before the ultra on Sunday so i went with him,must have been the best day of the year,i even put a bit of sun cream on :D

12m @ 7:11 Pace
    .4m @ 8:15 Pace ( Recovery )

Great morning again....
    I felt fine after wednesdays 20,but very tired after Thursdays 6,and doubted that i would do 12 today.
    I have had two very good weeks (90+ miles ).
    Next week i will do only around 30m as i have a 4m race next Sunday.

I was thinking of doing :
    Mon - 6m - Under 7:00 Pace
    Tues - 6m - Nice and easy
    Wednesday - 6m - Under 7:00 Pace
    Thurs - Rest
    Friday - 6m - Nice and easy
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Race

Any suggestions ? or would that be ok ?

6m @ 7:30 Pace

Handy 6 this morning in blustery sunshine.
    Major cutback on miles this week in prep for 4 miler on Sunday.
    Want to set a new PB

6k ( 3.72m ) Tempo Run

1k warm up - 4:20
    4k @ 3:45 Pace ( 6:02 Pace per mile )
    1k warm down - 4:45

Very happy with this,was not easy but will certainly do more of them as they are obviously good for your race prep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭OBWON

What is your current 4 mile PB?
    What are you hoping for at the weekend?

OBWON wrote: »
    What is your current 4 mile PB?
    What are you hoping for at the weekend?

24:03 ...
    I would be happy with anything under 24.

• Advertisement

6m @ 7:36 Pace

The legs were a bit heavy after yesterdays speed session,so i was content with the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

6k ( 3.72m ) Tempo Run

1k warm up - 4:20
    4k @ 3:45 Pace ( 6:02 Pace per mile )
    1k warm down - 4:45

Very happy with this,was not easy but will certainly do more of them as they are obviously good for your race prep.

That's lively running, looking good for the weekend. Were you comfortable running that quickly on your warm-up and warm-down?

cfitz wrote: »
    That's lively running, looking good for the weekend. Were you comfortable running that quickly on your warm-up and warm-down?

I probably did the warm up k a bit fast as i struggled to do my first fast k,but 2 and 3 were ok,and the fourth was a push.

Not ideal to be legging it around the local park like a lunatic trying to dodge people taking up the whole path with the little dogs.
    I must try do this at the track in future,i must look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I probably did the warm up k a bit fast as i struggled to do my first fast k,but 2 and 3 were ok,and the fourth was a push.

Not ideal to be legging it around the local park like a lunatic trying to dodge people taking up the whole path with the little dogs.
    I must try do this at the track in future,i must look into that.

well worth it Sosa, it's only 3.50, as long as you want, showers and all

showry wrote: »
    well worth it Sosa, it's only 3.50, as long as you want, showers and all

I presume you can go down anytime...sure €3:50 ...
    Where would you get it ?
    Thanks Showry...hows the injury coming along ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I presume you can go down anytime...sure €3:50 ...
    Where would you get it ?
    Thanks Showry...hows the injury coming along ?

I think it's open all day Sosa, I usually go over at lunchtimes. There's organised sessions on Monday evenings as well I believe.

The injury's not great, looks like a problem with a tendon, will be off the road for another couple of weeks anyway.

showry wrote: »
    I think it's open all day Sosa, I usually go over at lunchtimes. There's organised sessions on Monday evenings as well I believe.

The injury's not great, looks like a problem with a tendon, will be off the road for another couple of weeks anyway.

Hope it clears up soon for you

10k @ 7:31 Pace

Went out to Tramore to do the upcoming Splashworld 10k route.
    Its challenging to say the least,some very tough climbs but having said that alot of fast sections there aswell,but still,its not one for PB's as the hills will take it out of you.

I threw in 4 x 30 second bursts of Sundays race pace aswell today ( as recommended by RF )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hey Sosa, is that the 4 counties 4 miler in Gowran on sunday by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Best of luck on Sunday Sosa. Another good PB Id say!

Advertisement