Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Dungarvan 10m Race - 64:37

Magic day for me...went up determined to beat my PB of 66:10,
    but Sub 65 was going to be a push.
    Decided to do as many 6:30 miles as i could and just kept it going really.
    Absolutely over the moon to get sub 65.

Myself and Sungod met Abhainn and Showry afterwards which was nice.

My day has just been finished off with the 'Pool beating Chelsea and the boy from sunny spain notching 2 ...

What a day !

Typical SUNGOD on the way home in the car,i was delighted and he was asking me what do i expect to take off that time up in ballycotton !
    No let up from him !
    I just said " Let me enjoy the day,ballycotton is weeks away."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great result! (Both Dungarvan and Torres!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Terrific result, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Some time Sosa, well done.
    Nice to meet you even though you're a Liverpool supporter (bitter Chelsea fan here).

Cheers lads.....

• Advertisement

6m @ 8:16 Pace

This rates as one of the most enjoyable runs i have had recently.
    After the exertions of yesterday it was great to go out and have zero pressure,not worried about anything.
    Myself and Sungod more or less relayed the race mile for mile throughout the run.
    Weather was beautiful,it was snowing at the start and then the sun came out and thawed it all out.
    Glorious.
    Back for a scorching hot jacuzzi then ...fantastic.

No idea how my week is going to pan out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well done Sosa in Dungarvan, fantastic running. Do you mind me asking how long you've been running because if my memory is correct it ain't that long which makes your time all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Excellent! Great to get a PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Woddle wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how long you've been running because if my memory is correct it ain't that long which makes your time all the better.

i think its just over a year :eek:

he thinks im hard on him but with the improvement he's shown in 1 year god only knows how far he can go

Well done Sosa in Dungarvan, fantastic running. Do you mind me asking how long you've been running because if my memory is correct it ain't that long which makes your time all the better.

November 07 i did 2 mile for the first time.
    First 5m Jan 08,First 10m early June 08.
    SUNGOD tells me that im running 3 years and i should be looking at 60 minutes by now,you people have no idea what i have to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Maybe you should consider joining an athletics club? You will make more improvements along the way. :cool:

Eurox wrote: »
    Maybe you should consider joining an athletics club? You will make more improvements along the way. :cool:

I am a member of a club Eurox,but i just joined so that i could name a club when i register for races,planning on getting involved a bit more though in the coming months.

5m @ 8:07 Pace

J*sus,that race has taken the sting out of my tail !

Thought after yesterdays recovery run that i was fine,i was wrong !
    I started developing a few aches and strains yesterday evening but woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow and just had to go out again.
    I really thought i was fine,but i was shattered ...planned on doing 6 but reduced to 5.
    Definitely not doing anything tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Eurox wrote: »

SOSA needs no club. Sure he's got a personnel coach who accompanies him on his runs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Sosa wrote: »
    5m @ 8:07 Pace

J*sus,that race has taken the sting out of my tail !

Thought after yesterdays recovery run that i was fine,i was wrong !
    I started developing a few aches and strains yesterday evening but woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow and just had to go out again.
    I really thought i was fine,but i was shattered ...planned on doing 6 but reduced to 5.
    Definitely not doing anything tomorrow.

If you run hard, a 10mile race will take a lot out of you. Don't worry about it, just ease your way back.

Abhainn wrote: »
    SOSA needs no club. Sure he's got a personnel coach who accompanies him on his runs:D

I have to agree with you Abhainn,tbh some of those celebrities should employ SUNGOD to whip them into shape,theres no let up from him,he's relentless...i'm turning my phone off for the rest of the week...not able for him at the moment.

If you run hard, a 10mile race will take a lot out of you. Don't worry about it, just ease your way back.

Ah yeah,im not worried about it...Only the SUNGOD feels no pain !
    I will take it handy this week ( pace wise ) and see how i am at the w/e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sosa wrote: »
    i'm turning my phone off for the rest of the week...not able for him at the moment.

i know where you live

6m @ 7:33 Pace

Felt much better this morning,thank god !
    I have the winter league tonight also so looking forward to that now.
    I was not sure if i was going before i ran earlier...but i will be fine.

I have to say,im a bit surprised how much that race took out of me.
    I really did not expect to be so tired for 3 days after it.
    It was the hardest i have run,and looking back on it,i did way to much last week.
    I was out Mon-Fri but kept the mileage low.
    Mon - 6m @ 6:40 Pace#
    Tues - 6m @ 6:50 Pace
    Wed - 6m @ 8:00 Pace
    Thurs - Winter League 5.2m @ 7:05 Pace
    Fri - 4m @ 8:00 Pace

You live and learn.
    I got into Ballycotton but will not be trying for a PB.
    Im going up to enjoy the day out

Winter League
    5.2m @ 6:42 Pace ( 34:55 )

After this mornings 7:30 Pace 6 miler i did not really know what pace i would be going at tonight.The beauty of it being that you are not allowed wear a watch so you dont know until you take the last bend in the track how you did.
    Im very happy with the pace tonight,next week is the final week,so i will be looking to break my current PB of 33:37.
    I have loads of races coming up,it does not make sense to do them all,you would be wrecked,so i will have to pick and choose.

• Advertisement

6.1m

I noticed recently that my garmin was not beeping at the same mile markers that i would be passing,so i went down to the local park this morning to re-calibrate it,worthwhile as i did 5k and it told me i did 5.17k,so i adjusted accordingly.
    So i was gaining 170 metres per 5k that i was not doing,not life threatening but i want to keep it as accurate as possible for my pace calculations.
    I will probably do this once a month.

So that was 5k + 1.5m down and 1.5m back up.

Dont know the exact pace,but it was definitely over 8 min per mile

16m @ 8:15 Pace

I felt very tired this morning,and was tired throughout the run.
    I did a double session on thursday and went again yesterday morning to re-calibrate the watch,could have done without that really.
    But,hey...its done now and im happy with the week....44.2m

With about 2.5m to go i pushed on a bit today as the legs were stiff and i wanted to loosen them out a bit.
    I did the last 2m @ 7:15 Pace and 7:05 Pace...

Going out toninght for the first time in a bout 10 weeks...cant wait.

14m @ 7:25 Pace

SUNGOD arrived up to my house with that look in his eye this morning.
    I knew the pace would be upped.

This is my favourite route as its very scenic,but it is one of the toghest as there are plenty of hills.
    I must drive out and take a few pics for Sloggers thread on the main forum.

Delighted with 7:25 Pace,feel great now,looking forward to rest of the week.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2057171

Myself and SUNGODS run from this morning if anyone cares to have a look.
    Not as much detail as some of you with GPS,but it gives me what i want.

6m @ 7:47 Pace

Very tired this morning,legs a bit sore from yesterdays 14 miler.
    I think my body is telling me i need a bit of a break.
    I have had 3 badly planned weeks.
    I was sick for a full week,then i did alot of tempo runs for 5 straight days,hardly any taper before i pushed myself to the limit for the Dungarvan 10,then i did 44m last week when i should have rested a bit.
    Add all that to yesterdays 14 and todays 6 ...i need a break.

So,i will not be running now until thursday night which is the last night of the winter league,i would like to beat my current best time of 33:37,we will see how i feel.

5.2m in 32:22

New PB for the winter league tonight,pushed all the way as it was the last night,felt i badly needed a rest earlier in the week and after around 60 hours rest i was ready to go tonight.
    First mile was tough,i just kept going after that.
    Hard to believe my PB for a 5m race is 32:50 and i did 5.2 in 28 seconds less tonight...shows my improvement since i set that PB last august.

Great stuff Sosa, any decisions yet regarding a spring marathon. I would say your in great shape for it and you have a few 16 milers under your belt.

Great stuff Sosa, any decisions yet regarding a spring marathon. I would say your in great shape for it and you have a few 16 milers under your belt.

I missed the boat for connemara,woddle....SUNGOD kept telling me to sign up,but i thought i would not be ready by late march,and left it go...I regret that decision now.
    We met Abhainn after the Dungarvan 10 and got talking,he was saying that i might be peaking for a marathon soon,but i dont have any options open to me...Connemara closed,Will not be going foreign,Wifes birthday same day as cork marathon......I would not fancy Newry as i believe the support is not great...
    Belfast in early May could be an option.
    Berlin is my preference ( have to try persuade the Wife ) ...If that fails ,I will certainly be doing Dublin...but that is not until October...long time to wait.

Basically,all i have to do is pick a marathon worldwide and my butty SUNGOD is almost certain to be already signed up to it,so i dont have to worry about companionship.

Good stuff, I reckon your well on sub 3 pace anyway. Berlin is fantastic and my wife a non runner loved the experience and really got into it, lots of shopping there aswell. ;)

• Advertisement

Good stuff, I reckon your well on sub 3 pace anyway. Berlin is fantastic and my wife a non runner loved the experience and really got into it, lots of shopping there aswell. ;)

Your as bad as SUNGOD,i will not be aiming for sub 3 whichever marathon i do,i was thinking more along Sub 3:15 ( like yourself )...I think i could manage 7:25 Pace after the right training programme.

I have been reading your log and you are doing very well also,your mileage has gone up big time,best of luck with the Sub 3:15 attempt,i'll be keeping tabs on you.

Advertisement