Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

cfitz wrote: »
    I often wonder about this. Is trying to run exact splits in a race actually the best way of getting your fastest time? If so, why?

no idea....

4m Recovery @ 8:25 Pace

Had planned to do a recovery 6 in the morning but i would be putting myself under to much pressure,so did 4 tonight instead ....felt it in the legs after this mornings exercions.
    Probably will not run again until Thursday.

5m @ 7:37 pace ( w/4 x 30s of 6:00 Pace )

I had not run since Monday and felt very sluggish for the first two miles but then had to restrain myself for the last 3 thankfully.
    with tomorrow nights 10k in mind i did the last mile in 8:40 ....

Butlerstown 10k - 38:25 ( maybe 38:24 )

Either way it was not 38:23 which is my PB,i was dissapointed but as i calmed down a bit i got over it.
    I was saying to Sungod after that it was my first race this year that i did not set a PB,that cannot keep going either.
    Mile 1 - 5:50
    Mile 2 - 6:10
    Mile 3 - 6:13
    Mile 4 - 6:30
    Mile 5 - 6:19
    Mile 6 - 6:16
    0.2 - 1:07

The race itself was 3 loops,each loop had 1 nice down hill,1 tough uphill,a nice long straight and a bit of a climb to get to the downhill section.

I did 1.3m of a warmdown after to total 7.5m tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

That was some first mile Sosa,
    looks like we both struggled on mile 4 but you managed to get it going again whereas I couldn't.

• Advertisement

9.6m @ 7:47 Pace

Pretty uneventful run this morning,had 15 planned but wanted to get back to see as much of the london marathon as i could.
    Wanjiru just won,in 2:05:10 ...he did mile 19 in 4:25 to blow away the competition,one fella stayed with him but any time he got near,wanjiru hit turbo speed to move ahead ....cant wait to do Dublin after watching that.

Only 36m this week,will do 45+ next week

6m Tempo

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/4351958

Was not in the humour for this today but i do like to get it out of the way for the week,delighted that i kept the fast 4m to almost exactly 6:30 pace ....last week i was up and down,legs were like jelly at the finish,but a nice warm down mile was much appreciated.
    It was the toughet tempo that i have done,i have done faster ones but probably because of the 10k race Friday night and the 9.6m yesterday morning it took alot more effort.

8m @ 6:43 Pace

Dont know what happened this morning,set out to maybe do half the 8 at 7min miles but got totally carried away,after about 3m i decided to do 56mins then i got greedy and wanted sub 54,which i did with 13 seconds to spare ...was not easy...puffing mad when done.

6m @ 7:48 Pace

Recovery

10m @ 7:17 Pace

Miles 1-4 @ 7:32
    Miles 5-8 @ 6:47
    Miles 9/10 @ 7:45 Pace

I felt more tired doing the slower ones than the fast ones :confused:
    LSR tomorrow as i cannot do one Saturday

15m @ 7:47 Pace

I got 4 seasons of weather today,rain,wind,sun and a touch of cold at times...but got through it none the less

• Advertisement

5m @ 7:05 Pace

Just the 5 today to bring me up to 50 for the week,nice pace to...felt good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

lookin good sosa keep it up.

8m @ 6:54 Pace

I had 12 pencilled in but the morning went away from me,so i went for 8x7 min pace instead ...happy with that

8m @ 6:51 Pace ( w/4x6:24 Pace )

Self explanatory tempo today ....thats the last hard workout before the wat-tramore race this saturday night

8m @ 7:27 Pace & 4.5m @ 7:40 Pace

Double whammy today as i did not have time for 12 this morning,nothing spectacular,just getting the miles in.

I had a semi hit the wall experience on the 4.5m run ....i was hungry setting out and after 2m i felt all wobbly for the remaining 2.5m ...not nice tbh...so got home anyway and ravaged the dinner and the pattern of the plate,feel grand now.

4m @ 7:43 Pace ( w/4x30s @ 6:00 Pace )

Just a tune up for tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

best of luck tommorrow
    in reply to your question ..when i see your name on line it also has a + after it
    the only thing i can think of maybe anyone who is listed as a friend on your personal page shows up with a +.
    im probably wrong

makes sense,might see you somewhere along the route tomorrow night

Waterford to Tramore 7.5m - 46:15 - 6:10 Pace

Set out for sub 47,so over the moon to get there with 45s to spare,i have never felt so well finishing a race,i wanted to keep going.
    Bring on the next one

1.5m-Warmup
    1m-Cool down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

great time Sosa well done
    looks like you will be top of the new 7.5 mile section in the best of 09 thread

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    looks like you will be top of the new 7.5 mile section in the best of 09 thread

Well,If woddle can do it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Sosa wrote: »
    Well,If woddle can do it !

:D, I've an 800 meter race aswell but I thought I might be seen to be taking the plss.
    Congrats on a superb time, I wonder could you have kept it going another 2.5 miles considering you finished so strongly, bodes well for your next 10 mile race. well done

Woddle wrote: »
    :D, I've an 800 meter race aswell but I thought I might be seen to be taking the plss.
    Congrats on a superb time, I wonder could you have kept it going another 2.5 miles considering you finished so strongly, bodes well for your next 10 mile race. well done

Throw it in ...take what you can

On the finish....really finished well and i think i could have kept that going for another 2.5 on the night ....but it was on the night,i struggled big time the first 3m....only felt good at the 4m marker and felt my best for the last 2.5m,whos to say that i would have felt that good if i had 5 to go,its all in the head.
    I was dreading the race all week because i didnt think i could keep up the pace...its tough going....your mind would be racing ( pardon the pun ) with all sorts of thoughts...negative and positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Well done Sosa, good running and good to hear you finished strong. Are you doing the john treacy next week?

asimonov wrote: »
    Well done Sosa, good running and good to hear you finished strong. Are you doing the john treacy next week?

No,Asimonov...i wont be there
    I had the race this week and had the Emer Casey 10k in Youghal May 24th pencilled in ( i heard its as flat a course as your going to get...any info on it ? )so decided to knock the John Treacy on the head.

Are you taking part yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Sosa wrote: »
    No,Asimonov...i wont be there
    I had the race this week and had the Emer Casey 10k in Youghal May 24th pencilled in ( i heard its as flat a course as your going to get...any info on it ? )so decided to knock the John Treacy on the head.

Are you taking part yourself ?

No, i was down to do it but it clashes with another run on Friday up here. The emer casey 10k the weekend after sounds tempting though...

asimonov wrote: »
    No, i was down to do it but it clashes with another run on Friday up here. The emer casey 10k the weekend after sounds tempting though...

Yeah,I'm mad to do the Emer Casey one...but probably would not bode well in the household.
    Sunday 1:30 in Youghal is probably the worst day and time to try get away...if it was 11am...id have a better chance.
    Ah well...she might want to go to Youghal for Sunday dinner or something like that...will see closer the time

8m @ 7:14 Pace

First run since Saturday night,felt sluggish for the first 4...7:30 pace...but managed the last 4 at 7:00 Pace and felt good at the end.

Might give a tempo a go tomorrow,usually do them on Mondays to get it over and done with,but after Saturdays race i thought it was best to knock it out a day or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

great race in waterford. well done.

• Advertisement

8m Tempo @ 6:58 Pace Overall

Went for the tempo today,really didnt want to,i never like the first mile of a tempo,but gradually got into it.
    Miles 2,3,4,5 in 6:37,6:23,6:25,6:28...so was happy with that ...really hard work though...i enjoyed the last 3m afterwards.

Advertisement