Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ...I can't stop running !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

10m @ 7:12 Pace Overall

I did the first 8 in 56:10 today (should have been 58)...did the last two in 15:50.
    I did not bring the garmin on purpose just to see if i culd get the pace right,but i know that i was much faster in some sections and slower in others.

I aimed to do 2x7:00,2x7:30,2x7:00,2x7:30 ..then two at 8:00.
    That would have been 72 mins which i did,but the pace all over the place.

I know the mile markers on this 10m route as i have done it plenty of times.

6m @ 7:35 Pace

Nice handy run today,i really enjoy these...a welcome break from the tempo and paced runs.
    LSR tomorrow hopefully,i am enjoy those as of late aswell

15.3m @ 7:48 Pace

Very tough LSR earlier...first 8m was all into a tough wind ( and rain ),so could only manage 8:00 pace....but did the last 7.3m in 7:37 Pace

8m @ 6:55 Pace Overall

By a country mile the hardest tempo i have done ...even the 7:30 pace warm up mile was hard and by the end of mile 5 i was like someone coming down the home straight in a marathon trying to break 3 hours....hands all over the place,breathing like an elephant,eye balls bulging....and i still missed out by 17 seconds on my pace.
    I was aiming for 4x6:30 as usual but did,6:37,6:37,6:37 and a gut wrenching 6:26 ....the weather did not help but i still thought i could do it.

All in all...over the moon thats out of the way for the week.

BTW...i was out on country roads so nobody ( i hope ) saw my distress :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Sosa wrote: »

ah , so that was you ! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

....hands all over the place,breathing like an elephant,eye balls bulging....

all I can picture is this

You missed some feed after the race yesterday Sosa, serious brackage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

8m @ 6:55 Pace Overall

By a country mile the hardest tempo i have done ...even the 7:30 pace warm up mile was hard and by the end of mile 5 i was like someone coming down the home straight in a marathon trying to break 3 hours....hands all over the place,breathing like an elephant,eye balls bulging....and i still missed out by 17 seconds on my pace.
    I was aiming for 4x6:30 as usual but did,6:37,6:37,6:37 and a gut wrenching 6:26 ....the weather did not help but i still thought i could do it.

All in all...over the moon thats out of the way for the week.

Maybe the long slow run should be that. If you did it at say 8.05 itb would be a walk in the park and therefore you are dfresh as a daisy for the tempo. Its the tempo that will improve you. We are of similar standards. Will you do the emer casey in youghal sunday. PB heaven. Probaly first .7 miles at a guess flat and then 1 mile downhill. Then a kinda of out and back last 4.5 with the last 200 metres downhill. Great food after it and results posted up on wall when you got back. Even cash prizes for the elites. I think 34.30 got 4th last year.
    3 top runners in it last year.

showry wrote: »
    all I can picture is this

You missed some feed after the race yesterday Sosa, serious brackage

Very funny Showry ...but not that bad !

Maybe the long slow run should be that. If you did it at say 8.05 itb would be a walk in the park and therefore you are dfresh as a daisy for the tempo. Its the tempo that will improve you. We are of similar standards. Will you do the emer casey in youghal sunday. PB heaven. Probaly first .7 miles at a guess flat and then 1 mile downhill. Then a kinda of out and back last 4.5 with the last 200 metres downhill. Great food after it and results posted up on wall when you got back. Even cash prizes for the elites. I think 34.30 got 4th last year.
    3 top runners in it last year.

Very unlikely...unfortunately...i asked the wife today if she would like to go out for dinner on Sunday...she was delighted and asked where would we go...i said Youghal...she said " no "

8m @ 7:27 Pace

Welcome relaxing run after yesterday's struggle

• Advertisement

8m @ 6:51 Pace

Planned 8x7:00 min miles and did it...

8m @ 6:51 Pace

Planned 8x7:00 min miles and did it...

Your intensity amazes me. No such thing as an easy day. would love to do it but my big body woulodnt manage it.
    Where is your nxt race ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Your intensity amazes me. No such thing as an easy day. would love to do it but my big body woulodnt manage it.
    Where is your nxt race ?

Funny, I was just looking at your log villagerunner thinking, 'Jeez he does a hard session every second day, how does he do it?'

Took me a long time to learn 2 sessions a week is plenty. i.e. 2 good sessions, at the right pace, specific to achieve certain goals, with all the rest just easy running. Rather than lots of sessions in no mans land (i.e. too slow for a proper, specific fitness benefit and too fast for a recovery).

Sorry for the hijack Sosa

Where is your nxt race ?

Portlaw next Friday night ...heard anything about it ?
    The flyer said it was a flat,fast course,but alot say that.

As RF said above...you do a fair few tough sessions yourself.

Took me a long time to learn 2 sessions a week is plenty. i.e.
    2 good sessions, at the right pace, specific to achieve certain goals, with all the rest just easy running

No hassle,RF...
    My primary goal is Dublin in October,so just getting one good paced run a week.
    Along the way i want to go sub 30 for 5,thats what the tempo is for.

6m @ 7:47 Pace

Decided against my LSR this morning,felt a slight niggle in my hip early in the week,took Wednesday off and felt good yesterday but felt it again this morning when i got up,so i thought i would just do a slow 6 and if i am ok Sunday morning i'll do the LSR,if not....i won't.

It was a good decidion as i hobbled for a few minutes after this mornings run...but now its fine,i dont know where it is really,not quite my hip,but it is certainly muscular...maybe my glute

Portlaw next Friday night ...heard anything about it ?
    The flyer said it was a flat,fast course,but alot say that.

As RF said above...you do a fair few tough sessions yourself.

Sounds interesting. Portlaw ?? Might happen.
    I am only of the fags so i said i would train really hard for two weeks with intensity just to show myself that the fags were killing me. Ran 90 secons slower in a 6 mile race last week. Thats not my normal week. Last week was my only 3rd time ever to do intervals.
    Once the fags are out of my system its two hard and 2 easy every week and maybe a mp run every fortnight.

Poster for next friday in Portlaw

5m w/4 @ 6:16 Pace

Knocked the LSR on the head for this week, a combination of getting up late,nice day,going off with the family...but also ( this might sound mad ) i feel that running slow aggravates the little niggle in my glute,i dont feel a thing when running fast :confused:,i wonder does anyone else relate to that ?

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/6090053

I will mind myself during the week because i want to have a right go at the Portlaw 5m on Friday next.
    My target race during the summer will be in the middle of marathon training,so i will be training hard the days leading up to that,so i wont be 100% ready for that one,so i'll try get it done this week.

5m w/4 @ 6:16 Pace

Knocked the LSR on the head for this week, a combination of getting up late,nice day,going off with the family...but also ( this might sound mad ) i feel that running slow aggravates the little niggle in my glute,i dont feel a thing when running fast :confused:,i wonder does anyone else relate to that ?

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/6090053

I will mind myself during the week because i want to have a right go at the Portlaw 5m on Friday next.
    My target race during the summer will be in the middle of marathon training,so i will be training hard the days leading up to that,so i wont be 100% ready for that one,so i'll try get it done this week.

Thats your tempo time per mile. Keep it up.

• Advertisement

Thats your tempo time per mile. Keep it up.

yeah,have to agree...only codding myself doing 6:30 paced ones....

8.7m @ 7:27 Pace

Nice and easy paced run today....really enjoyed it.
    Weather fantastic...

9.3m @ 7:28 Pace

Everything went against me today,i thought i was going to have to skip today,didnt really want to do that with the race friday night,so went late and did not enjoy it at all.
    Stomach full with dinner,slight cramp for first 4m..got into it a bit then.
    I had planned to throw in 6x100 but would not dare risk upping the pace...just incase :eek:

A handy 5m early Thursday morning...then race Friday night

5m w/5x100 @ Sub 6:00 ( 7:38 Pace Overall )

I was on the road at 6:30 this morning...i wanted to try do a couple of these to see how i feel about it as i would imagine i will have to factor in 1 or 2 early a ones a week during the summer when my marathon training is in full swing.
    Didnt mind that much as it was a beautiful morning,surprised at how many people were running at that ungodly hour.

I certainly would not be able for anything quicker that 7:30 pace that early.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow night.

Portlaw 5m - 29:33 PB

Forgot to press the start button on the garmin tonight...realised about 200 metres after the start...so i was uneasy for the next few minutes ,then i decided to look at the watch real time at the first mile marker and try do 4x6:00 from there...which i just about did,so i must have done the first mile somewhere between 5:20 and 5:30 ...way to fast,thats why i was wrecked i suppose.
    It was a really hot night,sun beaming down,it was also a very fair course only mile 4 was a bit of a pull,the rest was flat,couldnt ask for much more than that

Thats my second of Racing Flats big 8 ticked of the list :D

top notch running Sosa, good stuff outta you

Thanks Showry...not many of ye west waterford crowd at it.
    All saving yourselves for tourannena ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Nice job Sosa, impressive

Thanks Showry...not many of ye west waterford crowd at it.
    All saving yourselves for tourannena ?

There was a lot of them in Ballyandreen last night I think.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah...forgot about that one.
    You should pencil in this one for next year if they have it on again...really good course for a PB.
    the grub was not up to WW standard though...no brack...a Q out the door for a cup of tea,,,I was thinking of having a word with the organisers about it ...pity they didnt have a suggestions box :D

Advertisement