Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Geemac

Clermont is still broadcasting fine. However I'm looking out the window at the transmitter which explains why we're getting a signal. Must be nulled or power dropped to the north & north west.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

douglasman wrote: »
    Spur Hill DTT testing on Ch45 back online again, it was a short outage.

douglasman Is that TV or radio. I was getting TV perfect up to 2 months ago on (Ch45), epg was on and off. Since then and tonight I'm just getting radio. Can you confirm? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Are these Irish DTT transmissions in SD or HD?:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

smccarrick wrote: »
    3 Rock online- with incredibly low signal strength? Impossible to get a signal lock? I've tried an amplifier- got a stuttering DTT signal- gave up. Analogue is pretty poxy too- perhaps its really bad atmospherics?

3 Rock on reduced power still- analogue signal strength has increased- but DTT has fallen even more. Only getting 25-30% signal strength in Lucan village (with a signal amp........) Can't get a lock on the individual channels- and I never thought I'd see co-channel interferance on DTT- but I have RTE1 and TV3 superimposed on each other........ Someone in RTENL is doing some serious testing........

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

Went to grab some screen grabs of the Digi Text for Elmo last night and found Three Rock was too weak to lock on, while Kippure was sitting at 72% Signal, 100% quality for the first time in weeks, thought it was just the weather, then noticed very odd break up on the channels, as if they were jumping back a few seconds every so often - wonder are they testing the SFN again ? It's still doing it this morning and the signal level is still higher than it has been in weeks. Also the other channels from Kippure are still active, though nothing on them......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

GadgetGeek wrote: »
    douglasman Is that TV or radio. I was getting TV perfect up to 2 months ago on (Ch45), epg was on and off. Since then and tonight I'm just getting radio. Can you confirm? Thanks.

Hi, that was the five TV channels + four radio (i.e. RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4, RTENL test, Radio 1, 2FM, Lyric FM, RNG) All have been available from Spur Hill Ch 45 and Mullaghanish Ch21 for the last while, all still working. There was a brief interruption yesterday, but otherwise working fine. EPG works fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

peking97 wrote: »
    Are these Irish DTT transmissions in SD or HD?:confused:

All current DTT tests are SD 576i

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

douglasman wrote: »
    Hi, that was the five TV channels + four radio (i.e. RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4, RTENL test, Radio 1, 2FM, Lyric FM, RNG) All have been available from Spur Hill Ch 45 and Mullaghanish Ch21 for the last while, all still working. There was a brief interruption yesterday, but otherwise working fine. EPG works fine also.
    I have all radio stations on Ch 45 signal quality/strength 10/10 including radio epg.
    Ch 21 signal quality 10/10 strength 08/10 radio again only. I'm using a Pani PZ81B and there is no recognition of TV channels but as I said I had the 4 TV channels perfect for 2-3 months (at that time it displayed the TV channels in the guide as being Pay TV: but it still worked fine on the TV) :confused: anyone any ideas? I tried a full auto setup, manual tune etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭John32c

Am in rathfarnham...all DTT signals from three rock are gone--its says no signal received on all channels since the day befoe yesterday....tried a rescan but no luck

John32c wrote: »
    Am in rathfarnham...all DTT signals from three rock are gone--its says no signal received on all channels since the day befoe yesterday....tried a rescan but no luck

Signals are still there- but at a ridiculously low level (this evening I'm pulling 3 Rock at 15% strength and quality- with a signal amp......)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

I'm in Rathmines and the DTT channels from Three Rock are back on for me tonight on Ch54.
    They had disappeared for a few days, but back now OK ..
    Thankfully, the Modified file for the PZ81s is still working as the channel has not changed . If I manually scan , I only get the 4 radio channels as before ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

SRB wrote: »
    Went to grab some screen grabs of the Digi Text for Elmo last night and found Three Rock was too weak to lock on, while Kippure was sitting at 72% Signal, 100% quality for the first time in weeks, thought it was just the weather, then noticed very odd break up on the channels, as if they were jumping back a few seconds every so often - wonder are they testing the SFN again ? It's still doing it this morning and the signal level is still higher than it has been in weeks. Also the other channels from Kippure are still active, though nothing on them......

I havw this jumping on my Sony TV today also but funny thing is I am not getting it on another box I am testing

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

Oddly, on a Lyngbox, if I record a channel, it plays back the recording fine, the stuttering and slowing down is only on "live" channels...the channels are fine on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Can anybody advise if Maghera DTT tests are currently on-air?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

peking97 wrote: »
    Can anybody advise if Maghera DTT tests are currently on-air?

According to the seperate thread on Maghera, it came back the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

At the moment, on Spur Hill, TG4 has no sound and a noisy picture, all other services are as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Located in Kilkenny, receiving from Mt Leinster.

Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000
    Strong signal but can't this TV decode MPEG-4. Radio stations and EPG working fine. It also cuts the audio from channels where it can't decode the video until you go into the tuning menus, where the audio bcomes audible again!

Samsung LE40B550A5W
    Receiving everything crystal clear from Mt Leinster - lovely!

Both TVs connected to the same quite ancient aerial in the attic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Samsung T200HD LS20TDVSUV/EN, with a collapsed grid antenna somewhere in my attic that used to point to Three Rock - nice solid signal.

That V in the model number is CRITICALLY important; it seems its a non-UK market model which has MPEG4; the standard one (TDD) seems to be more common on English language sites and doesn't have MPEG4.

Bought in Power City Liffey Valley...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Originally posted by stephen: Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000
    Strong signal but can't this TV decode MPEG-4.

No, MPEG-2 only. So no video. V4500's have MPEG-4 capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Dara1979 wrote: »
    I got the Viaccess NP4 for my Sony 32L4000. it does let me see the picture but there is not a sound out of the television. Could there be something wrong with the DVB tuner or is it that the signal is too weak? Surely if it was too weak, it would come on and off???

Any ideas?!

Thanks,
    Dara

What type of Viaccess NP4 have you got?
    I have Pocket Viaccess NP4 Extra and it doesn't do anythnig for my iDTV

• Advertisement

John Dough wrote: »
    Has anyone used one of these cams to convert mpeg2 to 4 succesfully and if so in what TV or STB.;)

Yes I tried Pocket Conax MPEG-4 CAM and failed on Toshiba, Humax and Philip iDTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

I'm not receiving EPG braodcast from Woodcock hill for the past few days (but have't checked it today yet). Is this the same everywhere? I tried rescanning a couple of times as this brought it back before but no joy this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Hi there,

Just lost my 3 rock channels tonight at 10.30 pm ...

Anyone else affected ??

bob11 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just lost my 3 rock channels tonight at 10.30 pm ...

Anyone else affected ??

3 Rock coming in here- at a lower signal strength. I'm registering less than half normal reception strength.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think I'm on Three Rock and its grand. Are it and Kippure running in SFN as originally planned?

MYOB wrote: »
    I think I'm on Three Rock and its grand. Are it and Kippure running in SFN as originally planned?

Signal strength still massively down from 3Rock. I had difficulties getting a lock at all- UHF analogue is very watchable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    No, MPEG-2 only. So no video. V4500's have MPEG-4 capability.

Sorry, that was me jumbling my words up, meant to say "but this TV can't decode MPEG-4" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭a bientot

gfinn wrote: »
    I'm not receiving EPG braodcast from Woodcock hill for the past few days (but have't checked it today yet). Is this the same everywhere? I tried rescanning a couple of times as this brought it back before but no joy this time.

I would think that the person who prepares the EPG is on leave and is not being replaced so it will probably not be back for a few weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

gfinn wrote: »
    I'm not receiving EPG braodcast from Woodcock hill for the past few days (but have't checked it today yet).

I checked just a moment ago. The only channel with EPG info on Woodcock Hill is TG4 (at the moment). This has been the case for a week. TG4 EPG info is back since today. No change with a rescan.

• Advertisement

a bientot wrote: »
    I would think that the person who prepares the EPG is on leave and is not being replaced so it will probably not be back for a few weeks......

No EPG on my TV either from Cairn Hill
    Even there is no subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

Advertisement