Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

Seems like TV3 is down this evening.. (see attachment)

This is what I got about half an hour ago (Dungarvan Transmitter)
    rest of the channels are there including the RTENL Test channel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

Souriau wrote: »
    No EPG on my TV either from Cairn Hill
    Even there is no subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

Thanks all, didn't realise how much I used it until it was gone! Much handier than the teletext.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

bf1 - same from Mt Leinster yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

EPG and TV3 gone from Mullaganish last few days.

TV3 is back today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Denethor

Tuned a Sony Bravia for my neighbour here in Tralee today getting the digital tests loud and clear no EPG except for some info for TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Denethor,

Are you seeing the "Aimsir Laithreach / Wimbledon" in the EPG for TG4?
    I've been seeing only this since i got my TV 2 weeks ago, signal from 3 rock i think. Nothing for other stations.

Also are you seeing MHEG5 text? I seem to have standard teletext on all stations.

At least TV3 is back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Denethor

yes MHEG5 Aertel working very well Mullaghanish

actually the Aimsir Laithreach was appearing on the EPG but I didn't think anything of it because the Aimsir happened to be on TG4 at the time!

Have they boosted the power output from Mt Leinster in the last few days? Signal strength is much stronger now than it was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Denethor wrote: »
    yes MHEG5 Aertel working very well Mullaghanish

actually the Aimsir Laithreach was appearing on the EPG but I didn't think anything of it because the Aimsir happened to be on TG4 at the time!

The Audio is out of sync with the pictures on all channels
    Yes the digital teletext on RTE1 and RTE2 is working well
    nothing on TV3 or TG4
    No subtitles on any channels
    On TG4 the EPG is dated 28 June at 23.30
    quite good signal from Cairn Hill

• Advertisement

Audio's in sync from Mt Leinster. Are you using one of those MPEG4->MPEG2 CAMs? I have one that occasionally goes out of sync. Definately will be replacing it with an STB once there's something official available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

No reception only test card on TV3 and TG4 from Woodcock Hill last evening. I am using a Hauppauge HVR 900H USB Tuner on Desktop PC running Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Stephen wrote: »
    Audio's in sync from Mt Leinster. Are you using one of those MPEG4->MPEG2 CAMs? I have one that occasionally goes out of sync. Definately will be replacing it with an STB once there's something official available.

No, it s the LG 32LF7700 freesat with build in MPEG4
    today RTE1 and RTE2 is back in sync but test card on TV3 and TG4
    I hope they, RTENL, will test a HD signal as I love to see what HD really look like on DTT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Ugh, test card on all channels now, rte 1/2 with a 'mode ident' message (Spur Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fredd

Same from Three Rock

Test card on all mt leinster channels also-radio is working.
    much reduced power also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

parasite wrote: »
    Ugh, test card on all channels now, rte 1/2 with a 'mode ident' message (Spur Hill)
    Also from Woodcock Hill near Limerick However EPG is back working and can get the 4 radio stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Test card on all channels off Mullaghanish with Ident Mode on RTE1 and RTE2, all Radio stations working and EPG restored also. Power seems the same if not actually better.

Blank screens and no audio here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Test card on all channels from Spur Hill!:(

I guess this is it until DTT is launched properly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Zonda999 wrote: »

Who knows.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Test card on all channels from Spur Hill!:(

They're obviously doing a lot of testing. I can't even pull analogue from 3 Rock today (and RTE went down from Sky via satellite too- earlier this AM- I had a frantic phone call from the parents in Portugal wondering what was up!)

I'd suggest trying it every day or two- they are actively testing- though the September date is gone by the wayside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

MYOB wrote: »
    Samsung T200HD LS20TDVSUV/EN, ...

That V in the model number is CRITICALLY important; it seems its a non-UK market model which has MPEG4; the standard one (TDD) seems to be more common on English language sites and doesn't have MPEG4. ...

To confim this - the V is very important - was about to purchase a LS20TDDSUV/EN and was told this WOULD NOT WORK IN IRELAND - the LS20TDVSUV/EN does work

Prices in the UK are £169.99 from Richer Sounds (who I beleive will ship to Ireland)

Still just the test card, EPG and radio from Woodcock Hill. Has anybody seen a TV broadcast around the country over the past few days? RTENL says:
    "These test transmissions will operate for varying durations and are subject to regular variations and prolonged interruptions. The test transmissions will cease in the majority of areas once testing is complete and permanent transmissions will not commence until the service is formally launched by the broadcasters."
    Perhaps it is the end of it for a while...back to watching snow drift across the Nevada desert during CSI....

I sent a mail to RTENL and was told that the test card will be up for another week at least:
    "Unfortunately the colour bars will stay for at least another week, but even when they are removed and program content is restored this will be temporary. The DTT transmissions will be subject to various engineering tests until the official launch of the service in early 2010."

gfinn wrote: »
    I sent a mail to RTENL and was told that the test card will be up for another week at least:
    "Unfortunately the colour bars will stay for at least another week, but even when they are removed and program content is restored this will be temporary. The DTT transmissions will be subject to various engineering tests until the official launch of the service in early 2010."

Early 2010- so do they have a new date for the official launch? It was supposed to be September- then November- now early 2010?

smccarrick wrote: »
    Early 2010- so do they have a new date for the official launch? It was supposed to be September- then November- now early 2010?
    I asked when the official launch was and that's what he said. I wish they would launch anyway, independant of a commercial partner.

I asked when the official launch was and that's what he said. I wish they would launch anyway, independant of a commercial partner.

Realistically they are not going to get a commercial partner. They waited too long- most people have access to Sky or UPC- it doesn't make sense to launch another commercial service in our market. The Mux is up and running- all they have to do is flick a switch for the satellite feed...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Good news if it's coming back next week anyway.

Anyone know why Radio 1 Extra (the Longwave 252 version) isn't on DTT, and if they plan on adding it?

It's available on DAB when it's on. Really missed it on DTT last night for the Bohs match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭scath

Website has been updated at RTÉ NL to reflect launch date is up to RTÉ and the BCI, not them. I would say that here has played a part in that and that's good. At least everyone knows what's happening so all good. Mind you www.digitaltelevision.ie could do with updating.

Advertisement