Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

John Dough wrote: »
    STB wrote: »
    Regardless of EU legislation what you should be referring to is the Broadcasting Act 2009.

Sorry to inform you mate but E.U. regulation overides that act.

EU regulations do not override the Act.

The Broadcasting Act implements an EU Directive into Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

HD test is up and running on RTENL2 again...looks good :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Regardless of EU legislation what you should be referring to is the Broadcasting Act 2009.

Sorry to inform you mate but E.U. regulation overides that act.

John I had to go through 20 pages of this thread to find out what you where quoting me on and in what context. You have already been responded to by myself and various posters back in April this year in this thread. To save you having to do what I had to do that answer is here. I suggest you read the answers given 5 months ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055350262&page=41

The original response was in relation to your very weird conspiracy theory as to why TV3 are not on the DTT mux at present and what RTE's statutory mandate is. This is most certainly outlined in the act referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you need to reference a POST not a page :(

This post on last page which is page 37 (for me). Pages are different according to posts per page for each user :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

watty wrote: »
    you need to reference a POST not a page :(

This post on last page which is page 37 (for me). Pages are different according to posts per page for each user :(

You learn something new every day!
    Its not just one post Watty (the responses where from several posters!) Infact John Doughs original post is here - the next 10 posts reply to that post from various posters!

• Advertisement

You learn something new every day!
    Its not just one post Watty (the responses where from several posters!) Infact John Doughs original post is here - the next 10 posts reply to that post from various posters!
    Thanks.

If I learn something new each day myself I feel I am not yet "passed it".
    Sometimes I learn that things I thought I knew are wrong.
    Like Kennedy didn't really say "I am a doughnut" when he uttered 'Ich bin ein Berliner'
    The gaps at top of old glass isn't because Glass is a super cooled liquid
    Baird didn't invent Television.

but I think I keep forgetting since I learnt in 1994. Don't feed trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

The Cush wrote: »
    EU regulations do not override the Act.

The Broadcasting Act implements an EU Directive into Irish law.

Yeah and the difference is ??? we have to say how high when they say jump that is the cost of being a member of that club.

Yeah and the difference is ??? we have to say how high when they say jump that is the cost of being a member of that club.
    I suggest you take comments like that here. This thread is in
    Tech > Cable & Digital TV > Terrestrial > MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Advertisement