Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I will buy a real aerial this week to see if this resolves my reception problems. It would be handy for analogue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

MYOB wrote: »
    Are you sure thats not down to your TV/decoder? Its accurate here.
    There are no adjustment made on the LG TV
    When I check the UK freeview it is showing the correct time in GMT+DST
    but when I change channel to RTE it is showing GMT only which is 1 hour behind.
    I am able to gel UK and Eire DTT
    RTE1 is 801
    RTE2 is 802
    TV3 is 803
    TG4 is 804
    Test is 805

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I get the same on the PS3s Play TV. Time is showing as one hour behind even though UK is selected as region.

In any case just RTE2 showing a picture along with full EPG data and all radio stations fine.

Edit: Woodcock Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

RTE2 coming in fine from 3Rock. (in Terenure). Other channels showing test card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

hi

i have a samsung 32b530. this is dtt compatible. i was receiving the dtt test cards last week, no problem at all, however now they are gone. when i do a new scan i get no digital channels now at all. i am pointing to meaghara and have the correct aerial.

any help would be great

thanks

• Advertisement

They are testing. I have lost them too.

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Thanks Mossy

Is it possible though that some people pointing to Meaghara would get the tests while others in a different location, pointing to Meaghara also wouldnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unlikely.

Just rang samsung there, they said i need to rest the tuner. they wont tell you over the phone unless you are right in front of the tv, which i am not.

anyone know how to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

RTE2 is on in Limerick from Woodcock Hill. But during the Galway Races yesterday the aspect was slightly off. It was like 14:9 vertically stretched to 16:9. (The RTE TWO logo touching the top of the screen) I don't know if that was everywhere, or maybe just for that programme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    ???

John mac wrote: »
    ???

I will simplify it.

These DTT broadcasts are tests
    I currently receive no channels from my local transmitter but I have in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Mossy i was pionting the ??? to glineli. who did not seem to understand your post.

John mac wrote: »
    Mossy i was pionting the ??? to glineli. who did not seem to understand your post.

I fully understand Mossys post.

My question is can 2 people pointing to the same feed, in this case Meaghara, get different DTT results. So one person get the DTT test service, which is now rte1 and rte2 running and the other does not.

I brought my tv to one of the lads house who also points to Meaghara and i was able to tune in the DTT tests fine. However, when i try at my own house i dont get anything, also pointing to Meaghara.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

glineli wrote: »
    I fully understand Mossys post.

My question is can 2 people pointing to the same feed, in this case Meaghara, get different DTT results. So one person get the DTT test service, which is now rte1 and rte2 running and the other does not.

I brought my tv to one of the lads house who also points to Meaghara and i was able to tune in the DTT tests fine. However, when i try at my own house i dont get anything, also pointing to Meaghara.

The signal power could be lower than before and your friend might have better reception for what ever reason (better aerial, cabling, amplifier etc). If he can get it from Maghera then they are still broadcasting. But are you sure he is getting from Maghera and not Cairn Hill, Truskmore or even Woodcock Hill depending (on where he is).

It would depend on your signal strength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

RTE1 back with live picture and sound from Mount leinster , RTE2 which was showing program for the last few days is now only testcard along with TV3 and TG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    RTE1 back with live picture and sound from Mount leinster , RTE2 which was showing program for the last few days is now only testcard along with TV3 and TG4

RTÉ1 also back on Mullaghanish but signal much weaker now with pixalation on RTÉ1 & RTÉ2 and the testcard on TV3, TG4 and RTÉNL Test Channel, Keep an eye on RTÉ2 as I'd swear during one ad break before the pixalation seemed to kick in it was showing in High def. A severely wet day here in Kerry may not be helping my signal either.

slegs wrote: »
    The signal power could be lower than before and your friend might have better reception for what ever reason (better aerial, cabling, amplifier etc). If he can get it from Maghera then they are still broadcasting. But are you sure he is getting from Maghera and not Cairn Hill, Truskmore or even Woodcock Hill depending (on where he is).

Hi is just outside galway, on the N17 and i am in Crusheen. So i am closer to Maghera. Galway go to Maghera aswell, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Red Giant

RTE 1 & 2 on digital back here today in Glasnevin. I wonder if there is a bias against the local competition in the transmission company (RTEnl) its in the name! No TV3 or TG4 yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Red Giant wrote: »
    RTE 1 & 2 on digital back here today in Glasnevin. I wonder if there is a bias against the local competition in the transmission company (RTEnl) its in the name! No TV3 or TG4 yet

Look back on the reception reports from previous in this forum. TV3 seems to be the channel off-air far more frequently than any of the other 3........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

RTE 1&2 coming loud and clear from Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Cairn Hill and Maghera now back with Rtes 1 and 2. Maghera strength down now about 10% - gettin same strength now from both transmitters but CH is over 100 km away from me and Maghera less than 50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fred_1985

It's nice to see RTE1 and RTE2 back in perfect digital.

Couldn't care less about TV3 or TG4 to be honest.

3 Rock signal strength increased ~20%
    No probs locking the radio stations but DTT etc cannot lock.
    Need a stronger signal.......
    Analogue signals from 3 Rock appear to have been massively increased in strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

Woodcock Hill also has RTE1 & 2 back. Regarding an earlier post on the EPG time, its accurate for me here with a Sony Bravia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lrdisco

RTE1 & 2 back from Mount Leinster here in Carlow, anyone know when the other 2 will be back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only reliably when the service launches. There is no launch date yet.

There is NO PUBLIC SERVICE. This is only an installation / engineering test phase.

Signal strength turned back up @ 3Rock. RTE1, RTE2 and TG4 onair- TV3 testcard.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

All signal lost by me from Mullaghanish, All TV and radio gone, perhaps they are migrating the equipment from the old to new antennae.

Advertisement