Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

plazzTT wrote: »
    Good news if it's coming back next week anyway.

Anyone know why Radio 1 Extra (the Longwave 252 version) isn't on DTT, and if they plan on adding it?

It's available on DAB when it's on. Really missed it on DTT last night for the Bohs match.

According to a PDF on www.rtenl.ie they do intend to carry the DAB services. When they will I wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Karsini wrote: »
    According to a PDF on www.rtenl.ie they do intend to carry the DAB services. When they will I wouldn't know.

I forgot there was a whole rake of other DAB radio channels not on DTT. RTE Choice, RTE Gold etc. I suppose I was expecting RTE 1 Extra seeing as it's on Sky also. But I think that's supplied by WRN or something.
    Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

RTÉ 2 is broadcasting on DTT on Holywell Hill at the moment - the other three stations are just the coloured bars described in other posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

byrnefm wrote: »
    RTÉ 2 is broadcasting on DTT on Holywell Hill at the moment - the other three stations are just the coloured bars described in other posts.

Ditto Woodcock Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭roverdublin

RTÉ 2 is up from Three Rock, with EPG Info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still just RTE2, useful as the Donegal game is on 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TVSetup

Hello,

I have just installed a new Sagem DTR 67250, when I do a channel search I get the four Irish TV stations and radio stations. I am not getting any picture on the TV stations. I get sound from RTE 2 & 2FM.

I connected it up to my existing TV aerial (external, roof top.) and the cable goes through a spliter box in the attic.

Does anyone know why I am not getting picture on the channels.
    The signal strength is in the high 70 to 80 percent and the siginal quality is in the 90s.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Your equipment is not MPEG4 compatible and the DTT in the Republic of Ireland is testing so even if you could get a picture you would onlpy get it on RTÉ Two.

Hey Mossy,

Thanks for the info..

When you say "equipment is not MPEG4 compatible" do you mean my TV or my DTT receiver.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Your receiver has that lovely word 'Freeview' as a selling point which will mean MPEG2 and not MPEG4 that you require. I presume yout TV has no DTT Tuner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OopsHelp!

The Sagem has can take software updates.
    Is it possible to update it to deal with MPEG4?

That would be cheaper that having to get a new one..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No.

MPEG4 needs more powerfull HW. Only Software based receivers on Modern Laptops/PCs can update to MPEG4.

Can anyone recommend a good DTT receiver that will work.

I would like a good one for one TV with a HDD drive and a cheaper version for a TV in the kitchen.

I would appreciate some advice on makes & models people have found good and where to buy. Thanks.

Best to wait till the service launches officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,061 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

watty wrote: »
    Best to wait till the service launches officially.

Any idea when their aiming for yet? I know rte said september was not realistic any more. Is there any pressure on any of the parties involved to put together a digital service or are things sort of on hold?

The Problem is BCI

While BCI is telling RTE there will be a Onevision deal, RTE will not even plan a launch date, as the plan would be to Launch when Onevision launches.

This SHOULD have been decided by end of May. The reality is that PayTV is dead and BCI will never ever admit it.

So EVENTUALLY either Onevision or someone else or mothball of payTV will happen, THEN RTE will be able to anounce a launch date.

So at the moment no-one knows. Probabily not even Onevision or BCI.

BCI and Onevision are STILL negotiating THREE months after awarding contract, which is not signed nor accepted. The original bid, legally is the deal.

It's pathetic. OTH it took from 2001 to 2008 to persuade ANYONE to tender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Any idea when their aiming for yet? ?

Tuesday ( I wont tell you which one though :D )
    2012 ish

as Watty says It's pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

RTÉ 2 is back on Mullaghanish also.

RTE 2 is working in Cork city also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Insufficient signal strength from 3-Rock to lock on anything from the Mux in Lucan village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Unable to lock anything in Dungarvan also.

Has anyone used on of these combo boxes.
    I was thinking of getting the Mvision HD 200 Combo.

http://www.satworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=49

Was hoping to run satellite free view off the same dish as my sky service, will this work?

With the built in DTT it would allow me have the Irish stations as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

TVSetup wrote: »
    Has anyone used on of these combo boxes.
    I was thinking of getting the Mvision HD 200 Combo.

http://www.satworld.ie/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=49

Was hoping to run satellite free view off the same dish as my sky service, will this work?

With the built in DTT it would allow me have the Irish stations as well..

i bought one from here ( there is also great info about setting up etc)

i havnt installed it yet but will do what you want.

you may have to change the lnb on the sky dish to allow extra connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

RTE 2 is also transmitting from Cairn Hill but the EPG on all 5 channels are in GMT, not IST or GMT+DST
    Even the TV lisitng in GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

RTE 2 also live on Kippure, test cards for RTE1, TV3 and TG4. Radio stations are also working.

mj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I'm in Athy county Kildare : RTE 2 is also live from Mount leinster 666.00mhz and I'm also recieving RTE 2 on frequency 794.00mhz .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Correct EPG info for all channels, but obviously only showing colour bars on 1/3/4 still.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

MYOB wrote: »
    Correct EPG info for all channels, but obviously only showing colour bars on 1/3/4 still.
    Still showing in GMT time zone not IST time zone. On the EPG guide it tell me the name of the program and when it start and end, e.g. on RTE 1
    00.00 - 01.50 Dial M for Murder. Current time - 01.58
    when the correct info is
    01.00 - 02.50 Dial M for Murder. Current time - 02.58

Are you sure thats not down to your TV/decoder? Its accurate here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Signal strength from 3Rock still too low to lock (in Lucan village). Mux is up and running though- I can see the presence of the services- just unable to lock. This is across the board- incl. the radio transmissions.

Advertisement