Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pgtipz

Receiving the DTT channels in East Cork (Ballinacurra/Midleton area). I'm using an existing tv aerial and the 'Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000' tv tuner card (also good for BBC HD) in my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Peddyr

All four muxes active today from Three Rock on channels 54, 58, 61 & 64 with all four TV & four radio stations on each mux. Signal & quality good. No EPG. "DTT Test Signal" and test card being displayed on TV3 for the last two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

STB wrote: »
    That model phillips has an MPEG2 tuner which is not compatible with Irish DTT

The Phillips model that has the MPEG4 hardware in that range ends in H rather than D and would allow you receive both UK Freeview and Irish DTT obviously.

(incidentally selling them in France for €473 at the moment - http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-PHI32PFL5403H-PHILIPS-32PFL5403H.htm)

A freeview box will not pick up Irish DTT either. No UK products will unless they have an MPEG4 H264 processor.

The Neotion Cam does not work with this TV either......
    Thanks STB..

It is a bit of a disaster really, not willing to fork out another 4-5 hundred for a TV a few weeks after buying a new one!

I was banking on that CAM device coming up with a solution.

Thanks again,

mcquaim

• Registered Users Posts: 43 904473

There is only a Test Card on display for TV3 tonight. DTT Three Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

904473 wrote: »
    There is only a Test Card on display for TV3 tonight. DTT Three Rock.

Ditto with Spur Hill

also see : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055502190

• Advertisement

Also, on Three Rock the RTÉ mux is being duplicated on channels 58, 61 and 64 at the moment. No EPG data on the other channels.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Karsini wrote: »
    Also, on Three Rock the RTÉ mux is being duplicated on channels 58, 61 and 64 at the moment. No EPG data on the other channels.

I'm only pulling in channel 54 this AM- but a lot stronger than normal.

All channels are black tonight

Three Rock

Three Rock

Working fine here (well except for TV3). Something on your end maybe?

Three Rock

Ditto this morning.
    Rescanned- and have 80% signal strength, 95% signal quality.
    Only 1 mux picked up- all channels saved, but nothing being transmitted. No TV and no radio.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Plugged in my old DTT trial box last night. Its displaying EPG info, but neither of my Sony tellys (W4000 and V4500) does so even after a re-scan.

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Plugged in my old DTT trial box last night. Its displaying EPG info, but neither of my Sony tellys (W4000 and V4500) does so even after a re-scan.

Do a reset, and choose UK as the country- my W3200 picked up the EPG this way (not sure why).

Turned on my telly this morning and my digital stations have returned.

Three Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

Reception from Woodcock Hill is perfect, Sony W4500 showing the enhanced teletext.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

getting 9/10 quality from Mullaghanish on attic aerial and Panasonic z81 32". No epg but have text

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've finally tried out DTT from Cairn Hill. I'm pretty happy, I'm picking it up with the Humax trial set top box and the oneforall aerial that came with it. 42% strength, 100% quality. Not too bad from a mast 55 miles away.

The aerial's "pointing" partially through a window and partially through the cinder block wall to the left of it. With a clear view out through the window, signal strength rises up to a max of 56%.

I can also receive the cairn hill signals along with Three rock and Clermont carn through the rooftop aerial.

TV3 came back today and now TG4 is displaying a test card instead.

Three Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gbluesg

The DTT from 3Rock seems to be gone this morning. Anybody else having problems.

DTT from Clermont Carn gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

All 4 DTT now on from Cairn Hill - TG4 now back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

DTT ok for Three Rock and Greystones and TG4 is back.

Its interestsing how all the testing sites seem to have the same changes when they occur?

Has the EPG info returned? Can't check, not at home at the momemt.

Has the EPG info returned? Can't check, not at home at the momemt.

Yes, it has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

I am successfully receiving the Irish DTT stations in Dublin on an MPEG4 ready LCD and the picture quality is excellent on an indoor aerial.

I would like to set up a similar configuration for an elderly relative living in Monkstown in Cork.
    Has anyone living in that area tried to get DTT and if so what were the results like?

gtg60, what are you using for DTT reception? Did a re-scan on my Sony W4000 series telly, still no EPG info.

gtg60, what are you using for DTT reception? Did a re-scan on my Sony W4000 series telly, still no EPG info.

Mvision HD200 Combo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

See my post (#138) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59401133

This may explain why you're not getting EPG -(it's there but your receiver may be picky with the format). I'm sure someone who has loads more experience will come along - Watty?

anyone in Mullaghanish getting EPG, my panasonic z81 showing up nothing

• Advertisement

Thanks for that fat-tony. My Humax HDCI 2000T trial box displays EPG info too.

Advertisement