Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options
  • 06-08-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

So, the word from HBO is that the new season of Entourage will debut on 7th September in the US.

Season 4 ended in Cannes with Medellin flopping and the boys selling it to Harvery Weingard for $1. The opening episode of season 5 sees Vince and Turtle in Mexico, avoiding having anything to do with the film, which is getting slammed by critics. Eric, Drama and Ari remain in L.A. where they focus on their individual careers. Drama begins to garner recognition while E gains new clients for his management company, while Ari attempts to dig Vince out of the hole created by Medellin by negotiating him into a new movie.

Guest stars for the upcoming season include rappers Bow Wow and T.I., Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Sopranos), Mark Wahlberg (Italian Job), Tony Bennett (singer), Andrew Bynum (LA Lakers), Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight), Lukas Haas (Zoolander), Giovanni Ribisi (Friends, Saving Private Ryan), Fran Drescher (The Nanny), Kevin Pollak (The Usual Suspects), and golfer Phil Mickelson.

This season will also see the return of Dom, the friend who featured for a couple of episodes before being cut off for stealing the Shrek doll from Phil Rubenstein.

Here's a teaser trailer (check out Vince's beard!), and a behind-the-scenes snippet.

Behind the scenes here:

http://www.hbo.com/cdn/wms/u/webcon/entourage/season5/entourage_s5_bts1_wm_384.wmv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I was wondering where that show had gone. Hopefully the new season is better than the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Can't wait for this. Entourage is one of the best shows around at the moment: funny, well written and acted, with some very likeable characters. Ari Gold is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yay Herc from The Wire is back on TV!! Sounds good although I thought they migt be running out of steam towards the end of the last Season. Lets home they can up their game a bit for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

I can't wait, Entourage is the best thing on TV at the moment. That guest-list has got me drooling, especially the foxy Jamie-Lynn Sigler (ahh Meadow how I've missed you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Cant wait! just caught up on it all!!!

how many classic quotes can one man have...Ari Gold is the bomb!
    everything he says is just priceless

great tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

A few months back I posted an article on the upcoming season 5, which gives some hints at story lines. Its located here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055265845

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

another new promo, done comic book style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yessssssssssssss!

One of the most entertaining shows on tv, love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Looking forward to this I must say!

And yeah, Ari Gold = best character on TV right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

What a class show. I've been waiting for the new season for months now. Only a few days left.

As everyone else has said, Ari is the best character. Drama is the next best imo. Victory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jonny85

I can't wait.

Although I don't like the idea of Don coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Season five debuts in the US this Sunday at 10pm ET.
    jonny85 wrote: »
    I can't wait.

Although I don't like the idea of Don coming back

What's interesting is that he was originally written out because of negative feedback from the audience. Despite the fact that he's the most dislikable character, Doug Ellin (executive producer) has made it a personal goal to bring the character back, possibly giving him a more sympathetic storyline, i.e. a terminal illness etc.

Michael Phelps also just shot a cameo appearance for the show in NYC last week.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Any ideas when Season 4 will be going to DVD?

As far as I know, RTE have just finished Season 2, and I have the DVD's up to Season 3..

Basically, I need more of a fix. Anywhere one can watch Season 4 or 5 as it debut's in the States?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

connundrum wrote: »
    As far as I know, RTE have just finished Season 2

I thought they were up to date with Season 3 - where they just got funding for Medellin - season 4 uses Medellin as one of it's story lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

TarfHead wrote: »
    I thought they were up to date with Season 3 - where they just got funding for Medellin - season 4 uses Medellin as one of it's story lines.

I haven't watched it on RTE for a few weeks but afaik it was season 3 that they were showing last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

My apologies, they are indeed in the midst of Season 3.

From cdwow.ie..

Entourage: The Complete Fourth Season

DVD

Released 09/09/2008

Television & Documentary

Region:1 (USA, Canada)

€27.99

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

I've seen a few clips and read a few snippets of interviews with some of the cast and they're promising Season 5 will be better than 3 and 4.

I love the show but seeing one of the clips of Ari going off on one and screaming 'LLOYD' made me realise how much I've missed having new episodes to watch.

Some of the things said about the upcoming season are (Although not really spoilers I've put them in spoiler tags to avoid ruining it for someone)
    Dana Gordon is back. The studio guy who bought the Ramon's script to spite Vince dies and Ari goes to the funeral to try get the script. I'm sure Ari will of course be sensitive and discreet!!!!
    "I really feel like this is my favorite of all the seasons, because it's finally getting to something," Piven said. "If it's just about a bunch of guys [looking for sex] because their best friend is famous, that's not really that interesting. You start to wonder, 'So what else have you got for me?' This season, you'll see."
    And speaking of which, Lee’s show begins its fifth season Sunday. When we last left Vincent Chase & Co., their big movie “Medellin” had bombed at Cannes.

“The new season pretty much deals with fallout from that,” Lee said.

We can tell you that Billy Walsh, the insane “Medellin” director, is pretty much out of the picture due to the fact that he gets a gig on “24” that was canceled because of the writers strike.

We also hear that Fran Drescher, aka “The Nanny,” makes a cameo, along with Olympic sensation Michael Phelps, golfer Phil Mickelson and Dorchester’s own Mark Wahlberg, whose real-life adventures in Tinseltown are the inspiration for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭coillcam

Really looking forward to seeing Mark Wahlberg this season. Love to see him be a bit more involved than a walk on seeing as, like already mentioned it's his show.

• Advertisement

coillcam wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing Mark Wahlberg this season. Love to see him be a bit more involved than a walk on seeing as, like already mentioned it's his show.

I think this is going to be more than his last (and only) appearance. He mentioned in an interview he gets to 'go at it' with Ari.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Remind me again, who's Don?

datk wrote: »
    I think this is going to be more than his last (and only) appearance.

'only' ?

Re-watch season 1 episode 1. Vince & entourage pass Wahlberrg with his entourage and he & Turtle shout out to each other.

Remind me again, who's Don?

Dom, ex-jailbird, a guy who grew up with them, became (briefly) Vince's 'security' - had to be moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

Season 4 is on dvd you can get it from play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

xbox36016 wrote: »
    Season 4 is on dvd you can get it from play.com

Pre-order. | Due for release on 06/10/2008

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a real pain in the ass that season 3 isn't available as a single box set.

TarfHead wrote: »
    'only' ?

Re-watch season 1 episode 1. Vince & entourage pass Wahlberrg with his entourage and he & Turtle shout out to each other.

Yeah that's the one I meant. This will only be his second appearance. I just hope it's longer or more to it than a walk by and shout out.

Not long to wait now!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

I watched the opening epsiode today - interesting start to the season. It's seems to have a little more depth than the earlier seasons of livin' the high life. It's about Vince's comeback from the flop of Medillin.

Watch this space to see how the season develops as a show.

Advertisement