Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought there were closer to 20 episodes scheduled for this season? God that's frustrating. The season has been going nicely as well. Given everything that's been happening I can't believe they've one ep to wrap things up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

neacy69 wrote: »
    Filming is due to start in January with the first ep's supposed to be aired in June/July

I hope not - Jeremy Piven is on Broadway until the end of February, I presume he's going to want a bit of a holiday after that. I hope they're not going to have Ari light episodes, that just won't do!!! :(

This doesn't exactly give anything away but here's a brief discription of Sunday episode.
    The boys return to New York, where Eric meets with Gus Van Sant and Drama looks to invest some of his new fortune. Vince runs into an old girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Too true this season was way too short!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

datk wrote: »
    I hope not - Jeremy Piven is on Broadway until the end of February, I presume he's going to want a bit of a holiday after that. I hope they're not going to have Ari light episodes, that just won't do!!! :(

This doesn't exactly give anything away but here's a brief discription of Sunday episode.
    The boys return to New York, where Eric meets with Gus Van Sant and Drama looks to invest some of his new fortune. Vince runs into an old girlfriend.

You could be right seeing as I read it on Wikipedia (not always that reliable ;) )
    Wiki wrote:
    Sixth season

HBO confirmed on October 6, 2008, that Entourage has been renewed for a sixth season, with filming set to begin in January 2009. The episodes are set to air in summer 2009. Gary Cole has been confirmed to be joining the cast as a regular for the new season.

Work with me here:

The last episode ended with the guys all heading back to new york......Jeremy Piven is on Broadway until Feb 09....Filming is due to start in Jan 09... Might the first few eps of the new season be set (and Filmed) in New York???

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rgiller wrote: »
    Billy was a ridiculously annoying character - someone we really grew to hate by the time they made Medellin. Glad he got the boot.

Have to agree, never took to Billy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did Drama forget he had a job or is he just headed back to New York for the weekend? I would say E also had a job but...

My wild prediction is that Vincent finally realises he's a hopeless actor and turns his hand to directing in New York, possibly a slow-burning indie flick with JLS as the female lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Boo urns to 12 episode seasons. Half hour shows should be 20-24 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Liked it. Thought there were some great scenes in it
    The way it looked like it was going to end with them all breaking off and going their own ways (for a while anyway, it's called entourage after all)
    Thought Ari was a bit subdued this one but I suppose that's to be expected
    God I hope Scorsese will be in a few episodes like Cameron was

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I was happy to see Vince do well but it was all a bit easy, no build up, just out of the blue to end on a high note.
    The scene with Turtle and phone sex was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Interesting ending - I liked the twist with GvS turning him down and Scorsese coming in at the death with a winner.

LOL @ Turtle's mother, and especially the phone séx scene.:D :D Also I laughed when I saw Michael Phelps' brief cameo, they just worked it in at short notice obviously.

When E went back to LA I thought we'd be seeing him reunite with Sloan as the lads were still in NY.

Good stuff, next season will be interesting to see how they develop it.

juvenal wrote: »
    Interesting ending - I liked the twist with GvS turning him down and Scorsese coming in at the death with a winner.

LOL @ Turtle's mother, and especially the phone séx scene.:D :D Also I laughed when I saw Michael Phelps' brief cameo, they just worked it in at short notice obviously.

When E went back to LA I thought we'd be seeing him reunite with Sloan as the lads were still in NY.

Good stuff, next season will be interesting to see how they develop it.
    Missed the Phelps cameo. Must check it again tonight. Yeah, I thought you'd see E turning up at Sloan's gaff (And thought it was her for a sec at the Turtle/Jamie-lee phone sex scene). I know the Scorsese thing did seem a bit easy but I suppose it sets it up for next season. I'm going to stop making preditions now: Smokejumpers bringing Vince almost back to his peak: First few eps of next season being in NY etc.

Looking forward to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Missed the Phelps cameo.

After E meets GvS, he's on the phone to Ari and is crossing 7th Ave at 57th St when he bumps into this bloke who turns around and says something. E does a double-take, before continuing to walk and then goes down to catch the subway back to Queens.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Glad there was a pay-off after all the tough breaks during the season. It was nicely set up for next season as well - Drama buying the bar, Vince being told that the Scorsese film was being shot in NY. It'll be an interesting change of scenery.

Overall a good season, improvement over Season 4.

Glad there was a pay-off after all the tough breaks during the season. It was nicely set up for next season as well - Drama buying the bar, Vince being told that the Scorsese film was being shot in NY. It'll be an interesting change of scenery.

Overall a good season, improvement over Season 4.

Obviously the start of next season is going to be in NY for a while, what with the bar and the shoot etc. I'm assuming they'll account for Drama being there for a while as down to mid season hiatus on his show or something. Maybe even have the show cancelled or something (Thought Drama was funnier when unemployed). Wonder what the story with Turtle will be? Wonder did Jerry Ferera request to not be in it much next season? Being in LA with Jamie? Would be a handy excuse and the same with Jeremy Piven. Didn't someone say that he's going to be on broadway for a while? Having Ari and Turtle in LA apart from the odd cameo and focusing on the guys in NY would free up Piven and Ferera.
    After E meets GvS, he's on the phone to Ari and is crossing 7th Ave at 57th St when he bumps into this bloke who turns around and says something. E does a double-take, before continuing to walk and then goes down to catch the subway back to Queens.

Ah, I remember that bit in the street. Just didn't cop who it was. Good catch man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out but after a season of doom and gloom it will be good to see Vince back on top of the world next season. Hopefully we will see more of his high school sweetheart next season with him filming in New York. Also I guess Drama's bar will feature a lot.

I liked the E and Vince interplay which really proved E's worth to both Vince and Ari.

And that Turtle is one lucky dude both on and off screen :D

I can't wait until next summer for the next series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

juvenal wrote: »
    After E meets GvS, he's on the phone to Ari and is crossing 7th Ave at 57th St when he bumps into this bloke who turns around and says something. E does a double-take, before continuing to walk and then goes down to catch the subway back to Queens.;)

I was watching it and was like "Oh thats...wait, who is that?!"

I liked the bit where
    Vince snapped and smashed the phone against the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

zuutroy wrote: »
    I liked the bit where
    Vince snapped and smashed the phone against the wall

Yea. I think thats the first time that we've seen him crack up. I had been building for the last few episodes. I thought that it was a really good episode to end the season on. The first few shots of the club and New York were really well done. It was well rounded and gave everyone equal enough screen time.

I can't wait until season 6 starts. I think that I might just re-watch one or two a week from the beginning until it starts up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Over all really enjoyed this season - nothing too mental really but just enjoyable! Ari really is the bomb [although was quiet in the last episode] have a feeling NYC will be the first few eppys alright esp with Jeremy Piven on Broadway till Feb 09 - really cant picture the show without Ari.

Cant believe its over already - seems very short for the season - thought they might go longer with the writers strikes and all that last year! oh well - dont know what ill do without Jeremy - will find something....recaps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

JPA wrote: »
    I was happy to see Vince do well but it was all a bit easy, no build up, just out of the blue to end on a high note.

well it seems like that but both e and vince burst their asses working on smokejumpers and it did pay off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Good final episode overall, however that ending almost killed it.
    E & Vince have this huge fight unlike any they've ever had before and then break-up which could (& should) have been a major plotline for next season, but they kiss and make-up less than 5 minutes later. I thought it was ridiculous. And as great as it was having Marty Scorsese appear, it was an incredibly cheap way out for the writers. It came literally out of nowhere. One minute he's broke and jobless, the next he's in a Scorsese movie. It was just bad, bad writing. Does that mean that in future whenever Vince is in a bad spot, the writers can just conjure up a role for him out of thin air without any prior viewer knowledge of said movie role?

I loved the season overall, but those last 5 minutes almost ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

E & Vince have this huge fight unlike any they've ever had before and then break-up which could (& should) have been a major plotline for next season, but they kiss and make-up less than 5 minutes later. I thought it was ridiculous. And as great as it was having Marty Scorsese appear, it was an incredibly cheap way out for the writers. It came literally out of nowhere. One minute he's broke and jobless, the next he's in a Scorsese movie. It was just bad, bad writing. Does that mean that in future whenever Vince is in a bad spot, the writers can just conjure up a role for him out of thin air without any prior viewer knowledge of said movie role?

wasnt bad writing in my opinion but it needed a double episode to really flesh out of the
    Vince and E break up and build up again
    . But remember a simialr thing happened before at the end of season 1 when it looked bad for the pair...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Class, loved seeing Vince loose it!

Would be nice if the next season is set in New York.

I agree completely on both points. I thought for a brief moment Vince's feeling something approaching emotion in his own life could be a springboard for him to start performing with some in a few auditions. I'm a bit bored with the constant stream of airheads and nightclubs and a season with Vince really struggling could have been interesting viewing, but I suppose they kind of have to stay true to the premise of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I agree completely on both points. I thought for a brief moment Vince's feeling something approaching emotion in his own life could be a springboard for him to start performing with some in a few auditions. I'm a bit bored with the constant stream of airheads and nightclubs and a season with Vince really struggling could have been interesting viewing, but I suppose they kind of have to stay true to the premise of the show.

I thought the second half if not the majority of Season 5 was of Vince struggling?

Decent ending to the Season IMO.

I really wish that I'd only come across Entourage recently, so's I could watch Season 1 - 5 as a newbie :(

connundrum wrote: »
    I thought the second half if not the majority of Season 5 was of Vince struggling?

Decent ending to the Season IMO.

I really wish that I'd only come across Entourage recently, so's I could watch Season 1 - 5 as a newbie :(

I'm talking Mickey Rourke struggling, not I have to move into a 12 bedroom house instead of a 28 bedroom house struggling. A bit of an oul heroin overdose or an abusive relationship might be good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Would have been a lot better if they finished the season with
    E in LA, Vince still pissed in with him New York and Turtle pissed off after being caught by his mother on the phone
    . As a sort of 'how the mighty have fallen' sort of thing going on. They way they wrapped it up was just too neat for my liking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My feelings on the last episode:
    I would agree with many here to say that the last 5 minutes of happy ending was a bit of a cop out. What I would have liked to have seen would be a complete breakup of our famous four. E in LA, Johnny running his bar, Turtle living with his ma and Vinny becoming a nobody. It would have left a big mountain to climb for the next series.

I remember reading that the producers had said that they could easily add extra episodes to the season if needed, but obviously this didn't happen. This could be one reason for the final episode rap up which looked a bit rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I would have liked to see Vince return to being a struggling actor in NY. Johnny getting even more successful, then screwing it up as usual, E becoming a massive manager in LA & Turtle becoming wassername's lover/manager

But I think we're being set up for the Ari spinoff anyway, Entourage as a concept is nearing the end. There's much more milage in a series set in MGA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Thought that was the best episode in a long while.

I'd disagree with most regarding the ending. IMO, they are planting the seeds firmly for next season, for it all to kick off again.
    The bit where Charlie seems to appreciate E's work as he is leaving the car was one of those seeds imo.

The scene with Turtle on the phone at the end was priceless

Loved the NY vibe. All the stuff in Queens was filmed in my old neighborhood there, very surreal seeing it again like that.

Advertisement