Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yup, fairly poor and pointless alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I didn't really like ep5 either if I'm honest. I can see what they were trying to do but it wasn't pulled off very well. The only significant part of the episode was when Vince realised he had to do the smoke jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

best part of the episode was the E didnt speak for the majority of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I thought it was the funniest episode I've seen. Great stuff. It's on ITV2 tonight, didn't realise how up to speed they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Just caught up with all 5 episodes in season 5, really enjoyed it although the last episode was very very weak I thought, pure filler.
    How many episodes are commishined for season 5?

• Advertisement

How many episodes are commishined for season 5?

12 episodes according to imdb. Thought that there would be more myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

very little happens in any ep, thats the point we never see vince actually work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Thought it was only OK. Pity they
    killed off Alan. Thought he was a great character. Hopefully now they'll bring back the Harvey Weingard (The not so subtle Weinstein knock-off :) ) to inject a little more conflict into the series
    And Martin Landau's character pissed me right off. Wanted to ram that golf club.............

what ever happend to the ramones project?

what ever happend to the ramones project?
    What's the betting that's next season. (HBO confirmed another season last week) Reckon this season will finish with the wrapping of Smokejumpers and bring Vince back almost to where he was and then next season will bring in the Ramones story. Can't see them bringing in Martin Landau's character just for this episode. Think he was there to remind us of him and that storyline. But that's just my reading of it (There are spoilers out there as to how this season ends. Please don't post them people or use tags)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Bob sold it to Alan who only bought it to spite Vince and to make sure he wouldnt be doing the movie. Bob sold it to Alan because Ari sent Bob to the wrong studio and he was upset. Vince fired Ari because of this

Bob sold it to Alan who only bought it to spite Vince and to make sure he wouldnt be doing the movie. Bob sold it to Alan because Ari sent Bob to the wrong studio and he was upset. Vince fired Ari because of this
    Yeah, so with
    alan dead now it leaves the project open again for Vince

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Didn't like episode 6. Why bring back Dom? I really hope that it was only for that episode and we won't see him now that he's back in jail.

Hopefully things will start progressing a bit faster, the last two episodes have been below par IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Yeah, so with
    alan dead now it leaves the project open again for Vince

Next week
    Vince works with a supermodel on a photo shoot for a major fashion house, and Ari seizes an opportunity at a funeral to boost his client's career.
    Dana Gordon
    is coming back - perhaps this week given the story line. No doubt Ari will be very discreet at
    Alan's funeral
    . Hopefully not!!

This season has been as strong as previous ones - I actually liked last season although some considered it weaker. Hopefully things will pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Brilliant episode, roght back to the nuts and bolts of what makes Entourage good. I think I always prefer episodes where Turtle and Drama are off together.

I actually thought
    Dom was much more likable in this episode and I will be interested to see where they go with this. I have heard that the writers are planning to
    give him a terminal illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Better this week, thanks be to fcuk.

Maybe I'm paying too much attention, but ..

In one of the closing scenes, when Drama and Turtle were discussing the day, the same actress walked left to right behind Drama three times in the space of 30 seconds.

If they need someone on set to sort out continuity, I'm there ;)

I actually thought
    Dom was much more likable in this episode and I will be interested to see where they go with this. I have heard that the writers are planning to
    give him a terminal illness.

On the show's wikipedia page, it says that one of the producers wanted to bring him back, despite audiences not reacting well to the character in Season 3. To sway people they apparently wanted to give us a reason to sympathise with him. I'm only guessing, but from the way his wife left him after we were shown how he turned over a new leaf, maybe this was the sympathising factor
    instead of giving him an illness

Still, I don't really see the point of bringing him back.
    TarfHead wrote: »

In one of the closing scenes, when Drama and Turtle were discussing the day, the same actress walked left to right behind Drama three times in the space of 30 seconds.

I'm so glad you mentioned that, I didn't want to sound crazy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

This weeks episode was pretty good. Drama and Turtle were brilliant.
    Dom's character has definately grown and I didn't mind him at all. I kept waiting for him to leg it but it looks like he has changed
    . I recon that the guys will be
    trying all they can to get him out of jail in a few episodes
    . Pity there wasn't any Lloyd.
    What's the betting that's next season. (HBO confirmed another season last week) Reckon this season will finish with the wrapping of Smokejumpers and bring Vince back almost to where he was and then next season will bring in the Ramones story. Can't see them bringing in Martin Landau's character just for this episode. Think he was there to remind us of him and that storyline. But that's just my reading of it (There are spoilers out there as to how this season ends. Please don't post them people or use tags)
    I think that your right about this and next season.
    datk wrote: »
    Dana Gordon
    is coming back
    I'd like to see her back alright.
    The tit for tat relationship she had with Ari was great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Entourage nerd / trivia interlude

I watched Saving Private Ryan at the weekend and noticed 3 links to Entourage.

Adam Goldberg - 'Nick Rubenstein'
    Giovanni Ribisi - 'Nick, co-writer of "Smokejumpers"'
    Ed Burns - Ed Burns

Then again, the first 2 also link to Friends, so .. I'll get my coat :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i really liked this week's episode, thought jason isaacs was great.

touching moment with vince and ari at the end, great choice of song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Wow - didn't see the
    offer as studio head going to Ari

Good episode - it's developing along nicely, and is growing as a show. It could never have sustained the high-livin', partying theme that it rode for the first few seasons. It's good that they're also looking at the reality of the industry, as for every success story there's 99 other sob stories.

It will be interesting to see next week, I think
    Ari will let his conscience get to him and turn down the studio job, and Dana Gordon may get it instead

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

TarfHead wrote: »

I'll fight you for it - they need someone! Continuity is shocking this series. Maybe it's always been bad but so far I've been watching this series on my PC screen so maybe it's because I'm closer to the screen. I saw the same girl walk by 3 times last week. The week of the road trip Ari's watch was in the foreground and it went from 5something to 6 something to 4 something in the space of a 2 minute clip - this week when Jeffrey Tambour is in the office Ari's PC was on show - as usual there was a family picture - with two applications open at the bottom then as the scene went on you couldn't see Sarah because there was a game of chess covering her - then the next second it was gone - guess we know how they entertain themselves during takes.

Maybe I should go back to watching it from a distance on a bigger screen.

Thought tonights episode was the best so far this season - I knew about Ari's storyline - I thought they did it well. Hope the show continues to improve. We're over half way through the series, then there's nothing for another year!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭coillcam

Just seen "redomption" now and have the latest episode en route. Was kind of taken aback a lot by this episode especially after the previous one which was a bit spoofy tbf enjoyable nonetheless. Really enjoyed redomption though.
    Was amazed with the humanity of this episode. For a show that is usually pretty light hearted it resonated with me for personal reasons mainly. Loved the music selection too. Neil Young's "Only love can break your heart" is one of my all time favourite songs. And considering Alan dies of a heart attack too, really threw me. Ooh la la playing too when Dom picks up his baby to top it off.
    Very interesting episode to digest.

Can't wait to see where the new episode goes. Only problem is when your googling stuff on the episodes you can be bombarded with spoilers:(

Loved it this week. Great final scene, when Ari tells Vince about the offer. Good choice in music, and as kronsington said it was actually pretty touching!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

Just watched 7, great episode!

Two things though, firstly. Who here thinks that Ari shouldn't
    take the offer? Surely he could remain good friends with Vince and Eric could take over as Vinces' agent.

Secondly, remember that rousing speech/moment at the end of episode 2 where
    Vince said he would do anything to become a big rich movie star? Where has that gone? He was too proud to do a kids movie and then turned down a million dollar gig because a hot model got fired??

That was a great episode. Would like to have seen a bit more Drama getting turned down but he was good nonetheless. Was lmao at E's situation. The looks on his face were priceless. I didn't see
    Ari being offered the job or the model agent offering to blow Vince coming.
    They were really well done.

The final scene was really touching alright. It made me feel like there was a real connection between the characters. They made it look really awkward and there was just the right amount of dialogue. Great song to have in the background aswell.

The best 'looking' episode so far this season.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Secondly, remember that rousing speech/moment at the end of episode 2 where
    Vince said he would do anything to become a big rich movie star? Where has that gone? He was too proud to do a kids movie and then turned down a million dollar gig because a hot model got fired??
    pretty sure it was the guy trying to blow him that made him quit...

two types of man love in that ep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement