Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage - Season 5 - Spoilers

Options
  • 31-03-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/index.jsp?cat=c006df59-29cb-46b3-9834-bece9a4ae02d&categoryName=entourage

Hollywood is back in business—in both fact and fiction.

The writers are back to work on HBO's Entourage, and we just ran into Doug Ellin at a Writers Guild event, where he spilled a thing or two on the forthcoming fifth season and beyond.
    Keep reading for the scoop on what's ahead for Vinnie, Ari and the rest of your favorite Hollywood posse...

Episodes Made to Order: You may have noticed that while season three ran 20 episodes, season four was just 12. So, what's on tap for the boys' fifth go-round? Ellin says they currently intend to produce 12 half-hour eps. But in the event that HBO decides to order more at the last minute, Ellin is up for it, saying they don't cement storylines or story arcs ahead of time. They just go with the flow: "Each episode is written, we see [how it plays out] and then figure out what would naturally happen next." Consider Entourage the anti-Lost.

Strike That: Sure, the show often mimics what goes on in Hollywood, but the writers' tentative plan to satirize the strike has been scrapped. Ellin feels that most people are over the whole debacle and would prefer to deal with different material, so that's what they're doing. Sadly, the three-month work stoppage will still make its mark on year five, postponing its scheduled June premiere until September.

Dom and Gloom: Ellin says Dom (whom Vince had to oust from the crew after he stole that shockingly important Shrek doll) will likely return. Domenick Lombardozzi, the actor who plays Dom, is one of Doug Ellin's close friends, and Ellin wrote him in intending for Dom to be a permanent fixture of the entourage. Unfortunately, he didn't anticipate the audience's negative reaction to the character, which ultimately led to Lombardozzi's early exit. Ellin has a personal goal to bring Dom back, but this time he'll have a storyline we can empathize with. Giving him terminal cancer is one idea they're considering.

Did Vince Dump Debi Mazar? Publicist Shauna's sporadic appearances on the show are not a sign of Ari-esque troubles ahead. Mazar is considered a series regular, but she isn't in every episode simply because so much of what Shauna does is handled by Mr. Gold. Still, Ellin insists they love having her on whenever possible, and he shares that Mazar appears in three of the four [upcoming] episodes already shot.

Don't Stop Believin': It's no surprise that Vince and the boys will be romancing their fair share of females come September. What else is in store for the future? A trek out to Joshua Tree, where something a little, um, trippy goes down. Ellin says he has four more seasons of scandalous behavior in reserve, insisting that Entourage will probably run through year eight. How does he envision the show coming to its final end? "I see all four guys getting shot up in a diner." Genius.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

"Each episode is written, we see [how it plays out] and then figure out what would naturally happen next." Consider Entourage the anti-Lost.

that _is_ how lost works.

they could have done the strike, it would have been funny, when it actually back this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

when it actually back this week?

This refers to season 5. Its back on TV in September in the states. Not sure even sure what season they're on on tv here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

rosboy wrote: »
    Not sure even sure what season they're on on tv here:D
    I think season 4 is starting on itv in a few weeks. i'd say rte is only on season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I thought I watched Season 5 :confused: Must've been Season 4. Wonder when Season 4 is on DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Damn, thought it'd be on sooner. This & Rescue me are missing greatly from my viewing schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

connundrum wrote: »
    I thought I watched Season 5 :confused: Must've been Season 4. Wonder when Season 4 is on DVD

Season 3 was two in two parts - about 12 episodes in each - then Season 4 only had 12 episodes. The DVD's are out for Season 3 Part 1 and Part 2. If there passed trends are anything to go by - Season 4 DVD will be launched just before Season 5 is aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just saw an ad for entourage season 4 coming in April.
    EDIT: I'm sure not now...I've seen them all but confused about which episode is from which season.

Anyway, It shows Vince running into the water playing aquaman.

creggy wrote: »

Anyway, It shows Vince running into the water playing aquaman.

Off the pier ? That's the end of season three I think (so wanted to see an actual Aquaman movie after seeing that clip)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

play.com don't seem to have any reference to season 4. They're usually pretty good with that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

iMax wrote: »
    Off the pier ? That's the end of season three I think (so wanted to see an actual Aquaman movie after seeing that clip)

Yes that's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

The written intro for this weeks WWK had

"Plus, is an Entourage guy leaving? "

I couldn't view the video in work so waiting til I got home - and up pops a picture of Ari/Jeremy Piven
    Apparently Ari is going to be offered a job running a movie studio, no word on if he takes it, I'm assuming not. I wasn't expecting Jeremy Piven to be leaving but you never know. The other storyline is Vince gets involved in a love triangle with a supermodel and an ad exec (a male one)!![/QUOTE]

Only five months to wait :(

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/index.jsp?sid=nav-gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

More guest stars joining Entourage

The fifth season of the hit comedy series 'Entourage' will have an all-star cast.

TV Guide reports that appearing as themselves in the new series will be Mark Wahlberg, Tony Bennett, golfer Phil Mickelson, 'The Sopranos' star Jamie-Lynn Sigler and actor Eric Roberts.

Other guests confirmed include Lukas Haas and Giovanni Ribisi (as screenwriters), Fran Drescher and Kevin Pollak (as a Beverly Hills couple) and Bow Wow (as a new client of E's).

The new series of 'Entourage' premieres on US television in September.

Fffffffffffffffffffff.... September ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement