Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Watched ep04-ep09 last night.

Oh how I've missed Ari & Drama. Quality viewing. I haven't laughed as hard in ages at a show.

Now to play to waiting game until I'm home to watch the new ep(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Really good episode. Loved Eric's storyline.

Sloan. wub.gif

Werner putting Vince in his place was good, too. Drama & Turtle sorely need something to do, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode. We finally know
    whats going on between Vince and Werner. Vince is going to learn alot from him. He's going to make him a great. I can almost see it fast forward to the end of season 8 which ends with Vince recieving an oscar for best actor
    . Loved the E storyline.
    Sloan is definately coming back into it. Seth Green really was an ass in this episode. E really did show some restraint not to lay him out and ruin it for Charlie.

Edit: Ari was great as usual.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, enjoyable episode alright.
    Good to see Sloan back although I thought she looked shockingly thin.
    . Ari
    Loved his speech to the ladies group and his "apology". Hah.
    I wonder about
    the tips that Werner's giving Vince. Is he really helping his acting or is he just going to turn Vince into the type of actor Werner himself wants
    Liked E's storyline and good to see they pulled Drama and Turtle back a bit. As much as I like the characters, I prefer when the storylines concentrate on E, Ari and Vince. Wonder will we see Billy back this season. (Or is he still going to be in 24 after the strike caused last season to be aborted)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Yep, Sloan sure looks like she needs a good feed of spuds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i still think
    werner is still f8cking with vinne, i really dont think he is helping him more than trying to get him to put in such a bad performace that werner is completly justified to cut him out completely.
    sloan though mmmm......

oh and
    seth green is a d1ck, what a punch from charlie! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

I saw a clip for next weeks episode (it's on hbo website).
    The director throws Vince off the movie and Ari is called to the set to sort things out. He arrives by helicopter, he's then tells a distraught looking Vince that everything is going to be ok. E asks 'How?' Ari's classic reply - because the Jew has arrived and he hates German's!!!!

Looks good! Bad news - there's only two episodes left!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

TarfHead wrote: »
    Yep, Sloan sure looks like she needs a good feed of spuds ;)

If by spuds you mean cock then yes I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Like there was ever a doubt. Ot now, I think the film is lame. Hopefully it has a knock on effect in the later episodes but it's fail right now. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Loved Ari's impression of Babs ones of the funniest things he's ever done, be interesting to see where the Smoke Jumpers stroy goes from here, Drama and Turtle are being kinda wasted in this season so far havfe had nothing much to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just saw the trailer for tonight's ep, looks quite interesting in the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Anyone know when season 5 will be released on DVD in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭protos

thought the latest episode was excellent. Poor turtle .......... The season was fairly awful for the first two thirds of it, but the last few episodes have been really good .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Great episode...Not a wasted frame from start to finish. Disagree that earlier episodes were poor (bar the drugs one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Nice episode!
    Thought Stellan Skarsgård was a sketch, the storming of the studio boardroom was great! Didn't see the movie getting binned, but looking at the fiasco that it was becoming, it was the right move.
    Funny to see Turtle getting some action, although I can't help but feel he's being set up for a fall. Drama is a tool, but a damn funny one, and Ari had some stellar one-liners as usual.

"'Cause the Jew has arrived and he doesn't like Germans!"
    :D

Here's a good link* for those of you looking to watch the latest episode (ignore the pop-up when you click the play button, just close the pop-up and click play again.

*If this is offside mods please remove.

That was an absolutely excellent episode. Really turned everything on its head. Didn't see it coming. All the performances were great.
    Ari as usual was gold :D. His war references were great. Dana was really good aswell. She really tried to put her foot down. Verner storming into the board room with Ramstein playing was inspirational.
    I thought that Vinces pride really got in the way. After last week it seemed that he'd listen to everything Verner told him. He did look back at his performances and saw bad habits. Did anyone else think that Vince looked like he really wasn't confident in his acting ability? Its like he isn't looking deep inside himself for the performances and he knows it now. I wonder if he'll go back to some old acting teacher to brush up on his technique?

Poor Turtle.
    Something good finally happened to him and everything else fell apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Really good episode.

Started off really good and I was well pleased to see Turtle getting some good.

The scene with the Director
    storming into the conference room was hillarious especialy when drama said "You want me to take him down Vince?"
    and when dana came out of the meeting and quoted Jon Ellis as saying
    "This is why I hire women to blow me and not run my studio"
    Ari was as usual excellent....

Only one more episode for this season :eek: :( and then we will have to wait until the summer for some new ep's. Next week will be awesome...."The ramones" anyone?

Also Gary Cole (Ari's Mate) has been confirmed as a regular for Season Six and I think Sloane has also.
    I read somewhere recently (could have been wikipedia) that there could be at least up to season 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

vince better get a film soon

vince better get a film soon

I don't think that its looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I love where they're going with Vince this year, lets face it it was all becoming a bit predictable, every season, movie is on verge of collapsing and not being made, Ari/E save the day, end the series on a high, this one has ripped the rug from under Vince in a huge way, pity Billy wasnt in this series, am glad Dom dint become a recurring character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Billy was a ridiculously annoying character - someone we really grew to hate by the time they made Medellin. Glad he got the boot.

As for Vince seeing flaws in his old performances: I think they weren't there but Werner sewed a seed of doubt in his mind and he "saw" them on film. Only one episode left now. I don't want it to end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Crap, didn't realise the break was nearly upon us.

How long? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Crap, didn't realise the break was nearly upon us.

How long? :(

A year :eek:

They won't start filming again til next year and I presume it'll be back on the screens in September like this year.

Patience never was my strong point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Filming is due to start in January with the first ep's supposed to be aired in June/July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

neacy69 wrote: »
    Filming is due to start in January with the first ep's supposed to be aired in June/July

Not soon enough >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

krudler wrote: »
    I love where they're going with Vince this year, lets face it it was all becoming a bit predictable, every season, movie is on verge of collapsing and not being made, Ari/E save the day, end the series on a high, this one has ripped the rug from under Vince in a huge way, pity Billy wasnt in this series, am glad Dom dint become a recurring character

I agree totally. The first 3 seasons ended on a high and even last though last season ended on a downer by the fact that medellin was sh1t, at least it wasn't a total downer in that the film actually got made. I really was not expecting this season to be such a bummer season but I liked the direction it took. My original posts on this season confidently predicted that it was going to end with smokejumpers bringing vince almost back to his high and this would lead to the Ramones project. Maybe even end with Martin Landau on the phone reminding him about it. It would have been nice and light and... predictable.

Still think the Ramones will end next season though. Think first 8 eps or so will be the lads in the doldrums. Maybe even Vince, Johnny and Turtle back in Queens with E in LA with Charlie and Ari. Low presence of the LA sections at the start and then the last 4 or 5 will see them going back and rebooting really.

But that's just my 2 cents worth (And it's overvalued at that)

Advertisement