Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Season 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Anyone think 0507 seemed very much like a cliffhanger episode ? Is it going off air for a while or are we gonna shoot forward a couple of months/years ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well according to IMDB the next episode airs on Sunday night, so thanksfully there's no break. Doubt that it'll just jump forward mid-series either tbh.

This week was the best episode in quite a while, imo. Ari's comment about the only two things he hides from Lloyd was brilliant, best Ari line in ages. Really looking forward to seeing how things pan out over the next couple of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

The next couple of episodes will be good.
    I think that Ari won't take the job but will recommend Dana Gordon. That way he'll be in her good books and get Vince the smoke jumpers gig and anything else they might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The Don wrote: »
    I think that Ari won't take the job but will recommend Dana Gordon. That way he'll be in her good books and get Vince the smoke jumpers gig and anything else they might like.

Yeah Don, that sounds about right I'd say. It would go with the rumours that
    Dana Gordon's going to be in 4-6 episodes this season
    plus, as we were saying earlier it would lead to
    Vince getting Smokejumpers; getting back almost to when he was at his peak and then on to the Ramones biopic next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just finished watching 05/01 thru 05/07.

Piven is becoming quite the focal point tbh. Can't wait to see the final few episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, looks like a good call!

Very good episode.
    Happy Ari didn't take the job, but you always got the feeling he wasn't going to from the end of last week's episode.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well, looks like a good call!

Very good episode.
    Happy Ari didn't take the job, but you always got the feeling he wasn't going to from the end of last week's episode.

FFS, forgot about the new episode while browsing. Use a spoiler alert next time please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Apologies delly. But in fairness there are plenty of un-spoilered conversations in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Quality episode, feel the show is really getting back into its swing again.
    Jamie Lynn Siegler
    3.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Quality episode, feel the show is really getting back into its swing again.
    Jamie Lynn Siegler
    3.gif

Yeah, really enjoyed that episode, but you've got to feel sorry for
    Turtle
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

Loved the latest episode - the last two have completely made up for the slower earlier ones. I especially loved the last scene in the office, one reviewer said last weeks episode earned Jeremy Piven his next Emmy nomination - if last weeks episode isn't his submission this one should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think there too much piven ,they let all those awards go to their heads, piven was supposed to be a secondary character, now he first, vince second, and yes you can have too much piven.

how many shows left?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Apologies delly. But in fairness there are plenty of un-spoilered conversations in the thread.

Ah, its my own fault. I should just keep clear until i'm fully up to date.
    i think there too much piven ,they let all those awards go to their heads, piven was supposed to be a secondary character, now he first, vince second, and yes you can have too much piven.

how many shows left?

Not really, while Vince is the movie star in the series, he's not actually the main character in my eyes. Obviously the stories are centered around him, but I would see all five as having a pretty level billing.

how many shows left?

Too much piven :eek:Is that even possible :eek: Surely not!! i think there's 5 shows left for this season. 12 in total for the season.

One of the extra features on the 4th (or is it 3rd) Series DVD has a panel discussion with the cast and Doug Elin. Elin said the original idea was that Vince wouldn't be in it much - he said they thought about only ever showing his feet! - but they made the part bigger. The reaction to Ari after the pilot lead them to beef that up and it's just continued. For a few years now they've said they hoped to get 7 or 8 seasons out of it and then go with an Ari spin off, they reckon they'd have endless storylines if Ari didn't have to focus on just one client.

More and more actors/producers/sports stars etc seem to want to be in the show so while that level of interest continues I think they'll continue on. They'd be mad not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

datk wrote: »
    More and more actors/producers/sports stars etc seem to want to be in the show ..

So, Ms Sigler, in this episode, you'll be playing yourself - someone is prepared to
    give a 'happy ending' to a complete stranger on a plane
    - are you OK with that portrayal of you ?

Uh, sure ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

TarfHead wrote: »
    So, Ms Sigler, in this episode, you'll be playing yourself - someone is prepared to

She goes out with Jerry Ferrea (Turtle) in real life, so i'm sure it was a bit of a piss take between them. (Similar to when Brad cameo'd that episode of friends.)

TarfHead wrote: »

Apparently she was - hbo.com/entourage - have a snippet from Doug Elin - they had a story in mind but didn't think she'd go along with it but she was on for it. Don't know anything about her or what sort of roles she plays, I imagine there are some people who only want to portray a certain image and other's who don't care. Guess she comes under the latter!!

Of course it may all come down to - if you don't go on it you could end up on the wrong end of a joke!!!

When I read this first I thought it was the guy from Different Strokes!! Thankfully not - Midnight Caller is coming to Entourage!!! Don't think we've met a friend of Ari's who hasn't been a rival in some way - I wonder if they are friendly friends!!

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out!
    Gary Cole hugs it out with Entourage
    Entourage is going to have to ask Gary Cole to go ahead and join the show for next season.
    The Office Space and Pineapple Express actor will be a regular on the HBO comedy next year. He'll be playing an agent named Andrew Klein, an old friend of Ari Gold's (Jeremy Piven), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
    Cole got the series-regular gig after shooting a three-episode guest stint on the show this season. His first appearance is scheduled for Nov. 2.
    Season six of Entourage, which HBO picked up earlier this month, will begin filming early next year for a summer 2009 launch.
    The casting of Cole in Entourage probably isn't good news for Good Behavior, the Rob Thomas-produced ABC pilot he starred in earlier this year. The show wasn't one of the five new shows ABC picked up for midseason, but at the time network boss Steve McPherson said it was still a contender.
    Cole played drug dealer Stan Jones in Pineapple Express this summer. Other recent credits include a recurring part on Desperate Housewives and the movies Breach and Talladega Nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

http://www.vikingquestgame.com/

Very slow loading up, could be my laptop though :(

I love the little branches that the show throws out i.e. this and the Medellin site etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

didnt really enjoy this week's episode.

the only interesting thing was the introduction of ari's old mate
    gary cole(ari's mate) has signed on to become a regular in series 6

"Y'know Lloyd, you sure lay on a lot of Jew guilt for a Chinaman." Hahaha. Loved 6 and loved Jason Patric in 7: "Are you kidding? Me and sequels with water?!?!" Loved the way he plays himself as a total dick. Will be interesting to see how it goes. The outcome of the job offer was fairly pedictable. They weren't going to change JP's character too much. He's one of the main reasons many people watch it (He's certainly my favourite anyway). Was on holidays in Russia last week and entourage was on tele. Must put up a clip of the dubbing. V funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

didnt really enjoy this week's episode.

+1
    the only interesting thing was the introduction of ari's old mate

Even that wasn't enough to save it IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Just saw 6+7.
    delly wrote: »
    Not really, while Vince is the movie star in the series, he's not actually the main character in my eyes. Obviously the stories are centered around him, but I would see all five as having a pretty level billing.
    I got the feeling in season 1 that E was the main character. He just arrived out to hollywood to help Vince at the start. Drama and Turtle had been there for a while. I think now the main character role is E, Vince , Drama and Turtle in combination. With Ari second. Depending on the episode Ari features more than some of the characters in the main role. But the main role still dominates with a combinatin of the 4.

I really liked 6. Poor Turtle.
    The studio job played out like I thought. Jeremy did a great job showing how Ari was torn between the two positions.

I thought 7 was good. Its setting up the next episode if not 2/3. Jason Patric was good as were
    Drama and Turtle's pranks.:D
    Vince is going to
    have to get Ari involved in order to sort out the director. Ari will speak to Dana about it. The director will probably say he doesn't think Vince is good enough for the role. Then the director might end up getting fired or leaving.

The only thing I didn't like was
    that the explosions looked a bit too fake.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was that director based on Uwe Boll?

Just saw 6+7.
    I got the feeling in season 1 that E was the main character. He just arrived out to hollywood to help Vince at the start. Drama and Turtle had been there for a while. I think now the main character role is E, Vince , Drama and Turtle in combination. With Ari second. Depending on the episode Ari features more than some of the characters in the main role. But the main role still dominates with a combinatin of the 4.
    Yeah, I always read it that way too. What with Kevin Connolly getting top billing over Adrian Grenier. I always thought Vince was (deliberately) a pretty bland character. Especially in the first season. Then it seemed to shift to E->Vince ->Ari->Johnny & Turtle but now they seemed to have let E slide back into the pack a bit and I suppose the extra air time Ari's getting is because of the popularity of the character. I tell ya one thing though: Mrs. Ari must have some contract/agent. She gets billed in the credits and I think she's only had about 5 mins screentime this season. I know it sounds sexist but I wonder if it's just to get an actress' name in the credits, like Debbie Mazer in the first couple of seasons so it's not ALL guys on the credits.

I quite like this weeks episode - I've liked the last 3 or 4. I liked Ari's scenes with his old friend - it was nice seeing a caring compasionate side to Ari - telling Lloyd to go get him a stainless Rolex!
    Of more immediate interest, Rex Lee – Entourage's long-suffering Ari assistant, Lloyd – dropped a couple of hints as to what we can expect from the season's remaining episodes.

For example: Vince's ultimately successful pursuit of the second-billed role (opposite Jason Patric) in Smokejumpers is not going to end well.

"I wish I was being coy, but I'm not," Lee shrugged. "That's really all I remember.

"But it isn't going to be like previous seasons, where it ends with everything neatly resolved."

If the above is true then I'm glad they're resisting the urge to have
    Vince get back to the top so quickly, I reckon Smokejumpers will see him as a glorified extra and next season will see the Ramon's project come his way and that will be successful

Link to full article below:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/article/529236

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Was that director based on Uwe Boll?

Werner Herzog I would have thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I thought the latest episode was good but not that great.

Did any1 see that the real Ari Gold, Ari Emanuel's brother could be Barack Obama's Chief of Staff:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_el_pr/obama

Might see a Presidential version of Entourage, Obama as Vince, Rahm Emanuel as Ari, Biden as Drama...

Advertisement