Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Minto wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so! As Vince said, lets get through the first round first. Can anyone contact Furious Red and get him to pick already?

He hasn't been on since 1 AM so I doubt it would do any good

I still think randomly choosing again is the best. I'm number 11, so its pretty much 50/50 asto whether i'll be waiting longer or not for my second pick. Doing it reverse, Minto can go on a months holiday now if he wants, and when he comes back it still probably won't be his pick.

Besides, if we do it randomly, we get to say:

"ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP A BIT!"

churchofmcmahon3.jpg

I just think it'd be better to sort it all out now, rather than wait for the second round and no one knows what's happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

A draw each time seems better to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bestinwest90

A draw each time seems better to me.
    yes im not even in it bbut keeping an eye on it. Def be best todo a draw each round

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Furious-Red hasn't made his pick yet? I was hoping there would be one or two picks done already by the time I came on here.

Basically if he doesn't make it by 22:39 tonight then his turn will be skipped and ec18 can then make his pick.

I'll then send Furious-Red a PM to remind him.

Is everyone fine with the idea of people who miss their pick having to wait last to make it? For example, if someone misses their turn then they go to the back of the queue? I'm fine with that personally but I don't know if others feel it's too harsh.

• Advertisement

Is everyone fine with the idea of people who miss their pick having to wait last to make it? For example, if someone misses their turn then they go to the back of the queue? I'm fine with that personally but I don't know if others feel it's too harsh.

That's a good idea. Would put me one step closer to the Rock

Sounds good to me. Missing a turn holds everyone else up for a day, so it seems like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

si i make my pick at 22:39 if red doesn't show up

ec18 wrote: »
    si i make my pick at 22:39 if red doesn't show up

Yeah just stick it on this thread here after Minto's post if Furious-Red doesn't make his pick before then:

Picks thread

And I'll update the rules so that if anyone misses their turn they go to the back of the queue because it's unfair to make everyone wait and still get to make a big pick.

sweet

• Advertisement

When you make your choice write a bit about why you went for that wrestler and put in a pic or a video. Similar to the way Minto did it. Then hopefully everyone will do likewise and make it look good.

Not long now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If i could make a suggestion. 24 hours might be too long of a waiting period. 8 hours is more realistic. People are either at work (where they can access a computer somehow) or at home between the hours of 8am-11pm.

If they weren't at home that day, tough sh*t. MNG specifically stated he'd rather people didn't enter if they didn't have time to commit.

VR!

If i could make a suggestion. 24 hours might be too long of a waiting period. 8 hours is more realistic. People are either at work (where they can access a computer somehow) or at home between the hours of 8am-11pm.

If they weren't at home that day, tough sh*t. MNG specifically stated he'd rather people didn't enter if they didn't have time to commit.

VR!

+1

VR!

I agree, to an extent. I think 8 hours may be too short. If someone picks just before going to work, then the next person (who may also be going to work) will have to pick within 8 hours (an average working day) meaning they may lose their shot like that.

12 hours seems fairer to me.

I think if we were to introduce 12 hours as the time period, there should be another 12 hour period before they drop down to the end though. As in a 12 hour period when they can make their pick but don't hold their position

so you have twelve hours to make you pick...in your current position.

Then another twelve to make a pick for that round

That right bubs?

ec18 wrote: »
    so you have twelve hours to make you pick...in your current position.

Then another twelve to make a pick for that round

That right bubs?

Not quite. Using Red's no show as an example. After 12 hours had passed you could pick, and after you picked whoever was 4th would pick and so on. But during the next 12 hour period after the first, Red could still come in and pick at anytime before dropping to 20th pick, but he couldn't lay down a claim to the wrestler you had picked in his place.

Say for example he had planned to pick Al Snow and Head as his tag team, but instead you came in and picked them instead, there's nothing he could do. But say you picked Deuce and Domino second, as long as it was still in the 12 hour period, Red could pick Al Snow and Head even if it was a place later. It's not nearly as complicated as I made it seem

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Not quite. Using Red's no show as an example. After 12 hours had passed you could pick, and after you picked whoever was 4th would pick and so on. But during the next 12 hour period after the first, Red could still come in and pick at anytime before dropping to 20th pick, but he couldn't lay down a claim to the wrestler you had picked in his place.

Say for example he had planned to pick Al Snow and Head as his tag team, but instead you came in and picked them instead, there's nothing he could do. But say you picked Deuce and Domino second, as long as it was still in the 12 hour period, Red could pick Al Snow and Head even if it was a place later. It's not nearly as complicated as I made it seem

ok

Bubs101 wrote: »

So in the first 12 hours, Red just continues to descend in the list as we all pick. And after the second 12 hours, he is brought to the bottom of the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Only another 3/4 of an hour to go and hopefully this will get going properly..Most of the people that put their names down are online a good bit so we should fly through it(hopefully)

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think if we were to introduce 12 hours as the time period, there should be another 12 hour period before they drop down to the end though. As in a 12 hour period when they can make their pick but don't hold their position

I like the idea in theory but what if someone made their pick quite late, say at 2am, then the next person would have to make their pick before 2pm since they'd only have 12 hours. Most people probably wouldn't come on to the board until later in the evening and would find they've missed their pick.

Perhaps we could designate a time frame to make your pick. Say a 12 hour period that begins between 10am and 10pm. The downside though would be it would rule out late night picks.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it as we don't want hold ups like this happening too often.

How long do they have in the soccer forum one??

callaway92 wrote: »

No-one's actually created it yet. Lloyd linked us to an American poker forum where they had 1

callaway92 wrote: »

On the soccer forum linked in the first post they picked every 12 hours.

You said a few minutes ago 12 hours would be too awkward and I agree..Its hard to say really..I know it barely makes a difference but even 18 hours..???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

How about keeping it at 24 hours but putting in some kind of 3 strike you're out rule? Like if someone misses the 24 deadline 3 times they are removed from the competition

orestes wrote: »
    How about keeping it at 24 hours but putting in some kind of 3 strike you're out rule? Like if someone misses the 24 deadline 3 times they are removed from the competition

We actually put in place a 2 strike rule. I'd say 3 strikes woudn't be much of a deterrent.

24 hours would be a good time limit if regulars were involved but it's when people don't bother coming on that we get long delays.

I'd be willing to support something like a 12 hour time limit as long as it was agreed you couldn't make picks after say, 10 pm? That would mean choices could be made at any time between 10am and 10pm but between 10pm and 10am selection would be suspended.

All feedback welcome because it's probably the main thing we need to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

We actually put in place a 2 strike rule. I'd say 3 strikes woudn't be much of a deterrent.

24 hours would be a good time limit if regulars were involved but it's when people don't bother coming on that we get long delays.

I'd be willing to support something like a 12 hour time limit as long as it was agreed you couldn't make picks after say, 10 pm? That would mean choices could be made at any time between 10am and 10pm but between 10pm and 10am selection would be suspended.

All feedback welcome because it's probably the main thing we need to sort out.

Ah cool, sorry I didn't read the whole thread, my bad man

• Advertisement

twelve hour time fram sounds best between the most active hours... 10 to 10's ok with me

Advertisement