Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You can only edit for 3 days after the original post I think, so that won't be able to happen.

Looking forward to seeing how this mofo pans out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Count me in

...now back i go to read through the whole thread so i know what im getting myself in for.

Was this the thing on the soccer forum where you picked your team/roster and hoped nobody else picked your picks so you got them? then in the 2nd rd etc you would try again till you filled out your roster of 20. if so with 20 posters we are bound to keep pickling the same people (this Q might not warrant an answer afrter i read the whole thing...ill edit if so)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was that on the boards.ie soccer forum, Bounty Hunter? Because I heard they tried something like this before. In this one though you can't pick the same people so once someone's selected they are unavailable to other rosters.

I've just added you now. Two slots left to be filled now. Hopefully we can fill it up by this evening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

count me in

Furious-Red added.

ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT!

Come on guys (or girls). Will be a good laugh so get involved. :cool:

• Advertisement

Was that on the boards.ie soccer forum, Bounty Hunter? Because I heard they tried something like this before. In this one though you can't pick the same people so once someone's selected they are unavailable to other rosters.

I've just added you now. Two slots left to be filled now. Hopefully we can fill it up by this evening.

it was, except everone selected a team via pm to the organiser (would be way too much work for you with a full roster and 20peeps...and a life assuming you have one :D) and then at the end of each round the picks they made that nobody else made where posted as their team. i.e if you picked Fabergas, Van Persie and Ferdinand plus 8 others that were picked by others these players would be listed as your team and in rd2 youd need to pick another 8 and hope nobodyu picks your players in that rd i.e pick tactically. Main difference apart from the PM'ing is 1pick at a time in this thread.

anywhoo, just finished reading through and i like the idea and will def commit to giving it a go although I would agree with Bubs in saying that whoever draws No.20 should also get No.21 as should No.19 also get 22 as i think despite it just being luck of the draw otherwise the balance would be hugely tipped towards those with the early numbers. for instance the first person might get (just an example) Rd1: The Rock? & Rd2: (pick21) Big Show? as apposed to the guy who gets drawn last and ends up with Rd1:Macho Man? & Rd2: (pick 40) Christian?

anywhoo, just finished reading through and i like the idea and will def commit to giving it a go although I would agree with Bubs in saying that whoever draws No.20 should also get No.21 as should No.19 also get 22 as i think despite it just being luck of the draw otherwise the balance would be hugely tipped towards those with the early numbers. for instance the first person might get (just an example) Rd1: The Rock? & Rd2: (pick21) Big Show? as apposed to the guy who gets drawn last and ends up with Rd1:Macho Man? & Rd2: (pick 40) Christian?

I see the point you're making but I think it was Minto that said if we apply a system like that, whoever got the first pick will end up waiitng an age for their next pick.

Perhaps people's order could be taken into account when determining the best overall roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

MNG, maybe (if ya have the time between picks) you could do a random draw for each round. Thereby someone who has 3rd last pick in round one, might have 2nd pick in round two etc. etc. It's more work, but would prob be more fair!

I see the point you're making but I think it was Minto that said if we apply a system like that, whoever got the first pick will end up waiitng an age for their next pick.

Perhaps people's order could be taken into account when determining the best overall roster.

suppose unless people were willing to commit to make a draft pick every day or be skipped it would take ages, which i couldent see happening. Maybe a time-limit per draft rd might be needed though.

and yeah maybe take peoples order into account although ive no idea how that would work.

maybe if you just said 19 instead of 20 and start now it would work faster...
    Minto wrote:
    MNG, maybe (if ya have the time between picks) you could do a random draw for each round. Thereby someone who has 3rd last pick in round one, might have 2nd pick in round two etc. etc. It's more work, but would prob be more fair!
    should be loads of time as rds might take ages waiting on people he could even do all the draws at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Minto, don't suppose you want to use MSN to check if VR wants to do this. Would be nice to get it started tonight.

TBH, I'm all up for starting it now

• Advertisement

He's not online at the minute. We were supposed to do a podcast tonight, but I can't cos i've family over and need to pop my head in and out. So he's prob doing something with his free evening. BTW, how'd ya know I have his MSN?

I'd be fine with having draws after every round if others are up for it.

On the issue of time-limits, how about everyone has 48 hours to make their pick? Fair? Should there be more time than that? Less? We really don't want to wait forever for some people to make their minds up.

Yea, I think 48 hours is fair enough, maybe even cut it down to 24, but 28 is def ok with me!

sounds fair to me....cmon no.20 unless you wanna just reserve it for VR and hope he isnt in the first few in the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm in...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jPeq0IxbjlA&feature=related

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!

Yeah...

All I've ever wanted was my roster to be fulfilled
    It is in my hands, I must have flair, I must have flair!

Even through the darkest days
    My roster wins, always
    My roster wins, always

This is the beginning round
    Entrants begins to rise
    Between picks we wait a day
    Tomorrow's in my eyes (Oh!)

One more pick to be put down
    Bubs will play against me
    Nobody wants Andre The Giant
    This pick is mine

My roster wins, always
    This roster wins, always

I will not pick tonight, in these early hours
    I will not be denied, this pick is mine

This roster made by me is flopping (Is flopping)
    This roster made by me is flopping (Is flopping)

My roster wins, always
    This roster wins (roster wins), always

Always (KKV)

:p

RebelRockChick added!

OK we have twenty members now. With regards to VR or anyone else who missed out and wants to participate, I can stick you on a reserve list.

To be honest there's a few names on here who I'm sceptical will want to commit to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

RebelRockChick added!

OK we have twenty members now. With regards to VR or anyone else who missed out and wants to participate, I can stick you on a reserve list.

To be honest there's a few names on here who I'm sceptical will want to commit to it.

Go on without me, and thanks for the offer, but with my workload at the minute, i wouldn't have the time to commit i'm afraid.

VR!

So I guess all we're waiting for is the draw.

Go on without me, and thanks for the offer, but with my workload at the minute, i wouldn't have the time to commit i'm afraid.

VR!

Okey doke. If you, or anyone else, change their mind and want to be involved just drop a line and maybe something can be worked out.
    Minto wrote:

OK I'll do the draw tonight and the order will be announced. I'll do it old-school by picking names out of a hat.

We seem to be decided on the time limit for choices being 48 hours. If it's your turn and you don't make your choice in that time then you will be skipped.

We really can't have anyone holding things up and breaking the flow so would it be too harsh to propose that anyone who fails to make their choice is eliminated? What do you all reckon? That would be my main concern.

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »

I believe we all get randomly thrown around now? to see who picks first, second etc.?

http://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html

:confused:

Bubs101 wrote: »
    BTW, the comment about F4W listeners wasn't about you in the other thread (think it's locked now), I was more pre-empting what VR was going to say. Rovert on the other hand :rolleyes:...

Jesus christ! Have i been around here so long that i've become that f*cking transparent?! :)

VR!

i reckon it should be 24 hours. I mean, im sure everyone who has entered in has a readily-available internet connection. If you cant spare 20 minutes every 24 hours then why enter?

We really can't have anyone holding things up and breaking the flow so would it be too harsh to propose that anyone who fails to make their choice is eliminated? What do you all reckon? That would be my main concern.

if someone misses out on a draft pick early they probably wouldent mind dropping out as their chances would have diminished anyway. ive no problem with this and think its fair, afterall you asked everyone to be sure they could commit to it.

I mean, im sure everyone who has entered in has a readily-available internet connection.

Think again, there are still quite a lot of people struggling on dialup in this miserable pisshole country, sadly.

VR!

Well how about this...

A 24 hour time-limit rule. If you miss your turn you won't be eliminated but your turn is skipped. If it happens a second time though you will be eliminated.

We mainly want a rule that encourages a quick flow but isn't too harsh on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,443 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

whens the first pick or wha??..Im just back from trainin

again fair.

are peoples picks up for grabs if they get eliminated?

Another question or two, I've started looking through wikipedia for picks, anyway, how far are we going back? Until '54 or '63? Also, if we have to have a tag team, do they actually have to have teamed together or can the team be fantasy?

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    whens the first pick or wha??..Im just back from trainin

The draw to arrange the order will be tonight. We're just trying to determine what a fair time limit would be for people's picks. Any thoughts? All viewpoints welcome.

Advertisement