Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just a quick question. If you pick a wrestler who has had completely different aliases, do you get that alias as well

I suppose as it's your roster it's up to you how you use your wrestler. For example if you wanted Gregory Helms but didn't want his Hurricane persona then that's your call.

Edit: Another pick that has shocked me by michael! In his prime though he was a mega star.

Edit 2: jayhaitch is up next after checking the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I've gotta say I'm very happy with my first pick. After the shock selection off the Bulldogs, I thought i'd a good chance of getting one of my top two picks. (HBK) being the other.

Who's Next?

Two to go.

Just so everyone knows, I didn't get much/any sleep last night and was working literally from 8am to 7pm today, so i'm most likely gonna go to bed soon and i wont be on then til tomorrow afternoon (i reckon). Just so you wont be waiting on me if Jayhaitch and b.ie curious pick tonight. :)

Very interesting and odd picks so far i must say though.

Andre never entered my head, sadly. A tag team as a first pick is crazy! Although an amazing team at that. Shawn was an obvious choice but a great one at the same time.

Interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

A tag team as a first pick is crazy! Although an amazing team at that.

For alot of their career they were single wrestlers too. Just pointing it out as people tend to dismiss tag teams today. Yes they were a great tag team at a time when being a tag team meant something but on their own, particularly in Dyamite Kid's case he was equally just as great.

WOW! Awesome pick by Jayhaitch!

No i have to rethink my pick... :(

For alot of their career they were single wrestlers too. Just pointing it out as people tend to dismiss tag teams today. Yes they were a great tag team at a time when being a tag team meant something but on their own, particularly in Dyamite Kid's case he was equally just as great.

Honestly, i'd have thought that they wouldnt be allowed as a team because Bulldog was such a big singles star. its like picking the Hart foundation bret and jim. Bret was a huge singles star, and jim was more known for his tag rasslin', but it can get a little awkward and everyone else seems ok with it so i dont mind the bulddogs going together.

I mean,... does that mean that i can pick Los Guerreros?

• Advertisement

Yeah Angle was on my shortlist. :pac: Wonder who b.ie curious chooses.

No because Eddie went on to become a world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Honestly, i'd have thought that they wouldnt be allowed as a team because Bulldog was such a big singles star. its like picking the Hart foundation bret and jim. Bret was a huge singles star, and jim was more known for his tag rasslin', but it can get a little awkward and everyone else seems ok with it so i dont mind the bulddogs going together.

The rule was that neither member could be a world singles champion. Bulldog never won a world title and he wasn't as big a singles star as many others

Honestly, i'd have thought that they wouldnt be allowed as a team because Bulldog was such a big singles star.

2 points, I'm just playing by the rules as layed out. I shouldn't be penalised for that. Secondly, if you think the British Bulldog is the primary strength of my pick you need to type Dynamite Kid into youtube or read my my post.

And it's not like picking the Hart Foundation at all from a rules point of view or from a wrestling point of view either. The Anvil was not Dynamite Kid.

No, Im just saying that think when the majority think of the british bulldog they think of his singles career.

Anyway, enough of me ruining this game :)

Question:

Say i want to pick the team of Mr A and Mr B. both insanely popular guys, but Mr A was a world champion in another promotion (ECW, WCW, etc) does it still count as a team as he never won a world title within the WWE universe?

Question:

Say i want to pick the team of Mr A and Mr B. both insanely popular guys, but Mr A was a world champion in another promotion (ECW, WCW, etc) does it still count as a team as he never won a world title within the WWE universe?

I think that would technically be allowed yes. As long as they were an established tag team in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

apologies for missing my turn(was out off the house till like 5:30 this morning and then work at 11). just to make sure i am 100% no confused. example if b.ie curious picks @ 12 am then KKV has 24 hours to post his pick

apologies for missing my turn(was out off the house till like 5:30 this morning and then work at 11). just to make sure i am 100% no confused. example if b.ie curious picks @ 12 am then KKV has 24 hours to post his pick

Yeah it's 24 hours from whenever the last pick was made. So if b.ie curious chose at say 11:52pm tonight then KKV would have until 11:52pm tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cool cheers. have a few picks going around my head

Well the last selection was at 20:17. So we have to wait that long for my turn at most.

I'll more than likely be on all day tomorrow :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just wondering Spongey..Why wouldnt you have chosen The Rockers instead of jsut Shawn Michaels..I know Janetty didnt have a great singles career in WWF/E but he did hold the Intercontinental title..Im just wondering

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just wondering Spongey..Why wouldnt you have chosen The Rockers instead of jsut Shawn Michaels..I know Janetty didnt have a great singles career in WWF/E but he did hold the Intercontinental title..Im just wondering

Can't pick a tag team where one or both members held a world title. Shawn Michaels has

callaway92 wrote: »

He wasn't able to as Shawn Michaels won the WWE title. That's the rule. Neither of the Bulldogs ever did hold the WWE title so I could pick them.

Plus, i believe if he picked the rockers he'd be stuck with the rockers from their prime. I believe current-day shawn would be a better pick than the shawn of years gone past.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Plus, i believe if he picked the rockers he'd be stuck with the rockers from their prime. I believe current-day shawn would be a better pick than the shawn of years gone past.

So true, Shawn only learned how to not suck on the mic in 1995 for a start. But he was still a sh*tkicker in the ring. Vince135792003 proved that with his clip when he had to spend 10 minutes carrying that plank, Bulldog to a decent match. Something he'd have to do again in 1996.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

Has it been decided how the second round picks are going to be done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ec18 wrote: »
    Has it been decided how the second round picks are going to be done

I think the general consensus is a second and third draw etc.

Can't believe the Hulkster hasn't been picked yet btw. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Bubs101 wrote: »

Can't believe the Hulkster hasn't been picked yet btw. Shocking

Does seem a bit weird.

But i suppose the whole point is that people are picking who they'd prefer to build a roster around. With Hogan you are limiting yourself to a very specific style of sports entertainment. Most of people picks so far have the ability to mix up what they put on show.

Hogan's reputation has tainted what he did for wrestling in a lot of peoples eyes.

That said I'd pick him if my original desired choices weren't available.

Looking like another pick may be skipped :(

The good thing about having the Hulkster on your roster is that you have instant draw power just from his name along. People will pay to see Hulk Hogan.

And If i picked hogan, I believe his prime would be l when he wore his yellow trunks and Slammed Andre. Not 2008 by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The good thing about having the Hulkster on your roster is that you have instant draw power just from his name along. People will pay to see Hulk Hogan.

And If i picked hogan, I believe his prime would be l when he wore his yellow trunks and Slammed Andre. Not 2008 by any means.

I really don't think that Hulk will be coming round to me, I'd be unbelievably surprised, but I would pick him in a heartbeat, not least because the NWO would be piss easy to form. Nobody is going to pick Nash or Hall in rounds 2 or 3

That match he had last year in Memphis only drew about 2000 people. People will pay to see Hogan on the big stage, but not so much on his own

I really don't think that Hulk will be coming round to me, I'd be unbelievably surprised, but I would pick him in a heartbeat, not least because the NWO would be piss easy to form. Nobody is going to pick Nash or Hall in rounds 2 or 3

Or will they?...

Which raises another question:

If i pick Hogan, Hall and Nash, am i stuck with an nWo in its prime?

Its prime being No Way Out 2002 - WrestleMania X-8?

Seen as this is a wwe-strict thing?

Or is it OK if that particular team were organised outside of WWE, provided they were also a faction within WWE aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Which raises another question:

If i pick Hogan, Hall and Nash, am i stuck with an nWo in its prime?

Its prime being No Way Out 2002 - WrestleMania X-8?

Seen as this is a wwe-strict thing?

Or is it OK if that particular team were organised outside of WWE, provided they were also a faction within WWE aswell?

I dont think you would have to be restricted to the wrestlers prime while he was in the wwe just as long as they were in the wwe. Just look at Flair, his prime was in wcw even though he did have good years in wwe

• Advertisement

24hours is a long time :(

I think we should re-do the time limit. I mean at this stage, it looks like the finals will be held on Christmas Eve.

Advertisement