Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

dont know of its to late but im gonna give a quick read over the rosters and pm MNG asap. apologies for not voting earlier

Don't forget who posted your Royal Rumble Pool prize (I can't remember what it was!) out to you 2 years ago, before you make your final decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Don't forget who posted your Royal Rumble Pool prize (I can't remember what it was!) out to you 2 years ago, before you make your final decision!

Stop with the bribes Vince :pac:

Stop with the bribes Vince :pac:

Every vote counts!

My gut instinct tells me that if you compared this to the Eurovision, I could end up being the UK entry of the competition. In other words, votes will be hard to come by!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Every vote counts!

My gut instinct tells me that if you compared this to the Eurovision, I could end up being the UK entry of the competition. In other words, votes will be hard to come by!

you'd be surprised ;), would think you'd be one of the eastern block myself.

dunno if thenew avatar suits tho

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK just saw F-R's votes so I'll add them to the final score as promised. It changes things a bit but the top bunch are still the same so no major controversies. :p

Will post the result soon.

• Advertisement

Here are everyone's votes from the Draft challenge. Top place was worth 10 pts, second place 7 pts, third place 5 pts, fourth place 3 pts and fifth place was worth 1 point.

Bounty Hunter

1. MNG - 10
    2. Vince - 7
    3. Michael.etc - 5
    4. Fozzy - 3
    5. RebelRockChick - 1

Vince

1. Fozzy - 10
    2. Rebel Rock Chick - 7
    3. Michael etc. - 5
    4. Bounty Hunter - 3
    5. Danger Dave - 1

ec18

1. Rebel Rock Chick - 10
    2. Spongey - 7
    3. Danger Dave - 5
    4. Bubs 101 - 3
    5. Furious Red - 1

gimmick

1. Rebelrockchick - 10
    2. Michael Etc - 7
    3. Fozzy - 5
    4. Vince - 3
    5. Spongey - 1

Mr.Nice Guy

1. RebelRockChick - 10
    2. Fozzy - 7
    3.Vince135792003 - 5
    4. michael.etc - 3
    5. Jayhaitch2 - 1

RebelRockChick

1. Fozzy - 10
    2. Gimmick - 7
    3. Vince135792003 - 5
    4. Mr. Nice Guy - 3
    5. Michael. Etc - 1

michael.etc

1.Vince135792003 - 10
    2.Fozzy - 7
    3.Rebel Rock Chick - 5
    4.Gimmick - 3
    5.Mr Nice Guy - 1

Deleted User

1. Bounty Hunter - 10
    2. Danger_Dave - 7
    3. Furious-Red - 5
    4. RebelRockChick - 3
    5. MNG - 1

Jayhaitch2

1. Fozzy - 10
    2. Mr Nice Guy - 7
    3. Rebel Rock Chic - 5
    4. Danger Dave - 3
    5. Spongey - 1

Spongey1975

1. Rebel Rock Chick - 10
    2. Mr Nice Guy - 7
    3. Danger Dave - 5
    4. Bubs 101 - 3
    5. EC18 - 1

Fozzy

1. Vince135792003 - 10
    2. RebelRockChick - 7
    3. michael.etc - 5
    4. gimmick - 3
    5. Mr.Nice Guy - 1

callaway92

1..Danger Dave - 10
    2..Spongey1975 - 7
    3..Orestes - 5
    4..Fozzy - 3
    5. michael.etc - 1

Danger Dave

1. Bubs101 - 10
    2.Spongey1975 - 7
    3.Mr nice Guy - 5
    4.RebelRockChick - 3
    5 B.ie Curious - 1

orestes

1st - ec18 - 10
    2nd - Danger Dave - 7
    3rd - Spongey - 5
    4th - Vince123456 - 3
    5th - Mr. Nice Guy - 1

Minto

1. Vince - 10
    2. Rebel Rock Chick - 7
    3. Fozzy - 5
    4. MNG - 3
    5. Bounty Hunter - 1

b.ie curious

1. RebelRockChick - 10
    2. ec18 - 7
    3. gimmick - 5
    4. Vince - 3
    5. Spongey - 1

Furious-Red

1.Spongey - 10
    2.Minto - 7
    3.Jayhaitch - 5
    4.gimmick - 3
    5.MNG - 1

Total Scores...

RRC = 88, Fozzy = 60, Vince = 56, MNG = 40, Spongey = 39, Danger Dave = 38, michael = 27, gimmick = 21, ec18 = 18, Bubs = 16, BH = 14, Minto = 7, F-R = 6, jayhaitch = 6, orestes = 5, b.ie curious = 1, callaway = 0, KKV = 0.

Fozzy, Minto and Michael.etc are all great men. The only really surprise was that I thought Bounty Hunter would do alot better even though I disagreed with his main event.

For the hell of it, here's what I sent in to MNG in it's entirety:

1. Fozzy- Great roster with some great matches. The only card that is an equal of mine in terms of wrestling (just calling it as I see it!).

2. Rebel Rock Chick- Similar to Fozzy, great roster. Just misses out on the number 1 spot as I feel Fozzy had a better card in terms of match quality.

3. Michael etc.-Very good card in terms of getting the best out of everyone on the roster.

4. Bounty Hunter- Some great picks. Had the chance to get third but thought you had the chance to book a legitimate dream match (Hogan and Cena) and instead you put Yoko into the mix. I disagreed with that move.

5. Danger Dave- Solid picks with simple, logical matchmaking.

Notable mentions:
    MNG- Some fine picks. Just missed out on the top 5.
    Gimmick- Again some good picks but not enough to make my top 5.
    Jayhaitch- Should have made my top 5. You had the roster to do it but I disagreed completely with how you made your card up (the minimal role of Blassie, the main event of Angle/JBL).
    Minto- Good picks but completely unbalanced roster by selecting basically 9 heels and 1 babyface (Triple H) who at his peak was better as a heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

****e, really sorry MNG. Was going to vote but I ended up going to Dun Laoghaire at the last minute yesterday and didn't get back until 4 A.M. Might edit this and stick my vote up their for clarity

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ****e, really sorry MNG. Was going to vote but I ended up going to Dun Laoghaire at the last minute yesterday and didn't get back until 4 A.M. Might edit this and stick my vote up their for clarity

It's OK my main worry was that a missed vote or two might lead to question marks over the eventual winner but RRC was pretty much a runaway winner so there's no doubts about the result. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Congrats RRC on a superb roster and congrats to everybody who took part on a great challenge. Shame its over

Well pleased with 5th, higher than expected. Also pleased that i've learned a hell of a lot more about wrestling because of this.

• Advertisement

cheers KKV for voting my roster the best, nobody agreed with you though seing as you gave me 6 more points than everyone else combined :D

thought now might be a good time to re-suggest this
    This is just a suggestion but id like peoples opinions on it:

The other draft thread makes for great reading/Viewing as it is essentially a description, picture and good Youtube link for every decent WWF/E superstar there has every been. A huge amount of time has been put into creating it by some (most) of the the regular posters on this board and will IMO be a loss when it enevitably dissapears off the top page of the board after we finish with it.

Therefore I suggest that when all is said and done we change the name of the thread and make it into the Pro Wrestling boards Off Topic/Ask a question thread. This like the draft itself is inspired by something from the Soccer forum (The off topic thread) but wouldent have to be just non-wrestling chat. It could also serve as a place for people to ask questions that they deem not worthy of there own thread. For example if someone who hasnt watched WWE for years is wondering what happened to such and such a star (which has happened) they can ask here. Or another example I was recently going to ask whatever happened to Earl Hefner but didnt thinkk it deserved its own thread however convieniently Earl then did an interview that ended up meaning a thread spawned here.

It would give a place for offf-topic chat, Questions to be asked and for the draft thread to be preserved. Could maybe even help the Mod, as it would give a place that off-topic wrestling posts could be moved to perhaps. Would be interested to hear Fozzy & MNG's opinion as MOD and draft organiser but if anyone has an opinion on weather this would be viable speak up.

this only a suggestion, shoot it down if you want. Personally would like to see the other thread perserved in some way and cant see any logical reason why it would get stickied tbh.............

so the idea would be when the draft is done with to change the name of the other draft thread and create a hybrid of the following 3 threads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198773 Ask a question thread
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253671 Off Topic thread (soccer)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055322368 The Other draft thread

to make the Off topic/Ask a question thread which will have its first 10+ pages as the Draft.

That's up to Fozzy really.^

I pretty much expected this thread to drift off on its way through cyberspace but I do think an off-topic thread for the forum would be quite good. Seems to work well on the soccer board although I don't frequent it much.

yeah when i first suggested it (i.e the above post which at the time was just off the top of my head) Fozzy said he would leave thinking about the idea till post draft. Just look at the amount of people who have said they have learned a lot from the picks and their explanations, id like to see them preserved somewhere.

anywhoo Vince your probably right I should have booked Hulk Hogan vs John Cena in the Card i put up, although it woulda happened down the line (think i mentioned that) and It would have seemed a waste to use that right at the start of my promotion which is how I set up the backstory to the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Ill just post why i picked my Top 5. It be cool if everyone else followed Vince idea and post why we gave are top 5.So we can see why the winner is RRC

1. Bubs101 - I really liked the build up you gave your card, also from start to finish on your roster the matches have the potential to be 5 star.
    2.Spongey1975 - 7 The Reason i gave this my 7 was simple, Id like to see every match.
    3.Mr nice Guy - 5 I really like the last 3 fights on this card . Bret vs Kane with Paul Bearer would have been brilliant. Roddy piper vs CM punk the same.
    4.RebelRockChick - 3 Really well balanced roster and a deserved winner ! . I just didnt really like the under card match/and Ventura match.
    5 B.ie Curious - 1 I have a soft spot for the Ultimate Warrior, that and you build up an interesting match between himself and Big show . DDP vs Jake the snake is a perfectly balanced match up allowing for a long running feud.

KKV- I personally thought your main event was not great, you needed a Big star to feud with Undertaker.

Bounty Hunter - you threw it away ! if booked right i think your card could have won the draft.

orestes- Lance Storm ! :p

P.S Im shocked i got 6th . Thought my roster would be seen as average and left under the radar.

I think a once a year draft at the start of the summer might be a good idea. 1 additional rule could be those that enter a second time are not allowed to pick anyone they selected in the first draft.

I think a once a year draft at the start of the summer might be a good idea. 1 additional rule could be those that enter a second time are not allowed to pick anyone they selected in the first draft.

I think that's a good idea. There could be prizes on offer for the next one too.
    It be cool if everyone else followed Vince idea and post why we gave are top 5.So we can see why the winner is RRC.

1. RebelRockChick - I based my choices mainly on the picks chosen, the drawing power, the overall roster balance, wrestling ability and finally creativity. I felt RRC had the strongest roster in most of these areas.

2. Fozzy - He was really close to being my number one. The hardest thing for me was deciding who'd be in first place. I went with RRC as I felt she had more drawing power but Fozzy was always going to be up there as his picks were clever and there was a lot of time and effort put into his ideas.

3. Vince - Another strong roster. In terms of wrestling ability it was hard to top. Also made a lot of astute picks. I was particularly impressed with the Bruiser Brody pick as I wanted him! Good drawing power to boot.

4. michael.etc - Very impressive in the areas I was looking for. I felt it was slightly let down in the area of wrestling ability which is why I didn't place it higher but I thought the picks were very smart and the ideas impressive.

5. Jayhaitch2 - I was surprised this roster didn't score higher as I felt there were good picks and a good overall balance and for me, in terms of creativity, I would rank this right up there at the very top. I found the ideas very interesting and I could see myself watching this if it was a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Hmmm. I think I still have the page of notes I made up on everyone's roster (yes, I put a lot of thought into my vote!) so if I find it I'll post it up. Some of the comments I made were quite funny, especially when I felt people failed to build a card that suited their roster.

All in all, this has been a great distraction during a dull summer. I am personally delighted with my 1 point. Danger Dave is my new BFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Jayhaitch- Should have made my top 5. You had the roster to do it but I disagreed completely with how you made your card up (the minimal role of Blassie, the main event of Angle/JBL).
    quote]

Yea,fair point. The Blassie thing. While I know about him historically and understand the role he played in wrestling history, I didn't feel I could really push him more because I never saw him at his peak.

I do think Angle JBL would work as a main event if it played out like I had it in my head. Not sure if I got that across in my write up...but if I didn't well then I don't deserved to be voted for anyway.

I had contemplated Angle/Owen or Angle/Shamrock as a main even but then I struggled to tie up my card. I tried to focus on a more rounded card.

The feedback is greatly appreciated.
    5. Jayhaitch2 - I was surprised this roster didn't score higher as I felt there were good picks and a good overall balance and for me, in terms of creativity, I would rank this right up there at the very top. I found the ideas very interesting and I could see myself watching this if it was a show.

Thats exactly what I was going for.

And Big Thanks to Mr Nice Guy and Furious Red who both gave me a vote

Yeah, I mean it's all opinions. It's just when I saw Owen and Angle on your roster I was thinking "BOOK IT". But everyone has different ideas.

cheers KKV for voting my roster the best, nobody agreed with you though seing as you gave me 6 more points than everyone else combined :D

Well judging from the results, i think my opinion of a good roster differs very greatly from everyone else's opinion of a good roster.

:P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Well judging from the results, i think my opinion of a good roster differs very greatly from everyone else's opinion of a good roster.

:P:pac:

Tell me about it, I clearly haven't a clue what I'm talking about at all! 5 points for me and I didn't vote for the person who won it, I gotta do some more research before we do this again :o

Although I think picking Storm in round 2 made that abundantly clear to everyone from the get-go that I might not be a great bet in this little adventure :D

Can't find that page of notes, but on jayhaitch2, I remember thinking you'd missed out on the obvious Owen/Angle match, that using Scott Hall as a face did not play to his strengths, and that there is a legitimate reason you see so few 2 face on 1 heel handicap matches that aren't simply squash matches.

KKV, like I said way back when, you're card lacks faces. I only know BBM and BB as heels, and it would be hard for me to accept them as top faces. What you did have was basically a roster of guys to feed to Taker, which is alright if you're booking for 6-12 months, but with just the one show it reduced the PPV to essentially a one match affair.

Danger Dave (my new BFF) would have made it into my top five if it weren't for calling a match between two technically sound females a bitch fight, and double jobbing the wimmins while not giving wrestling time to the Miz.

Vince, I couldn't fault your card (would have loved to use Lawlor as top heel, myself). Still think you pulled a fast one re: Ultimo Dragon and Billy Kigman :P

Vince, I couldn't fault your card (would have loved to use Lawlor as top heel, myself). Still think you pulled a fast one re: Ultimo Dragon and Billy Kigman :P

In hindsight, while I was within the rules with that pick, ethically it was a bit wrong!

KKV, like I said way back when, you're card lacks faces. I only know BBM and BB as heels, and it would be hard for me to accept them as top faces. What you did have was basically a roster of guys to feed to Taker, which is alright if you're booking for 6-12 months, but with just the one show it reduced the PPV to essentially a one match affair.

Personally, I didn't think so.

I thought that my roster was pretty good for the most part (but obviously i put it together, so my opinion will be somewhat biased). I thought that i had a roster where, whilst taker would obviously be the major character, whilst one person could wrestle him, everyone else's gimmicks were strong enough to ensure that they could keep the rest of the cards for future PPVs interesting.

I do understand a lot of my characters (like Perfect, Hassan, etc) are very 2D, so my roster probably wouldn't last too long before it became a bit old, but i still think that it could get a decent run.

Obviously, as i said, we all have different opinions, but i didn't think my roster was as bad as others thought :(

In hindsight, while I was within the rules with that pick, ethically it was a bit wrong!
    Probably wouldn't have minded so much, but you had already stolen Lawlor off me, and I had been planning on having a lightweight division for which Dragon was my no.1 choice. Still, it forced me to be creative and form Right to Censor instead. I don't think people realise just how nerve-wrecking it can be to try and build a stable over three picks, knowing that at any moment one of 19 other people could ruin it all!

Personally, I didn't think so.

I thought that my roster was pretty good for the most part (but obviously i put it together, so my opinion will be somewhat biased). I thought that i had a roster where, whilst taker would obviously be the major character, whilst one person could wrestle him, everyone else's gimmicks were strong enough to ensure that they could keep the rest of the cards for future PPVs interesting.

I do understand a lot of my characters (like Perfect, Hassan, etc) are very 2D, so my roster probably wouldn't last too long before it became a bit old, but i still think that it could get a decent run.

Obviously, as i said, we all have different opinions, but i didn't think my roster was as bad as others thought :(
    Hey, you're talking to Mr.1-point here!

Basically Bull versus Honky would do absolutely nothing for me. HTM was at his best when the crowd was screaming for the other guy to kill him, but that wouldn't happen if he was going up against someone like BB. Same with Bossman/Hassan. You're pitting against each other wrestlers whom the crowd love to boo, which isn't great business.

I actually think you're wrong to say that your card would get stale. Looking at the future main events (which is always by far the most important part of the card), you have Mr. Perfect, Hassan, Bossman, and Honky, all of which would be perfect foils for Taker. But a number 2 face wouldn't go amiss, just so Takers next challenger would have something to do before being moved on up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Danger Dave (my new BFF) would have made it into my top five if it weren't for calling a match between two technically sound females a bitch fight, and double jobbing the wimmins while not giving wrestling time to the Miz.

Relax B.ie it was only 1 point :) . Yes i realized i did book my first match poorly . However if you look at my Card, the Miz does not fit into any of the matches i created. In Hindsight i should have pick Paul Heyman or just someone more suited to my Roster. I did stop bubs getting him :pac: .

Advertisement