Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Boards WWE Draft challenge - Roster submissions

• 26-06-2008 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ok to make it easier for people involved in The Boards Draft Challenge to follow what's going on, we will use this thread solely for the Draft picks. The other thread will be for discussing the challenge, questions about it, etc.

The rules of the thread are on the other thread too.

*So to reiterate this thread is for draft picks only*

* FINAL ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws, Lex Luger, Pedro Morales, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, John Morrison, King Kong Bundy, The Godfather, Debra
    2. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Mickie James, Hurricane & Rosey, Freddie Blassie, Jerry Crusher Blackwell, Flash Funk (2 Cold Scorpio)
    3. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lynn, Juventud Guerrera, Christy Hemme, Joey Mercury
    4. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP, Harley Race, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jamie Noble & Kid Kash, Shane Douglas, Goldust, Colt Cabana, Torrie Wilson
    5. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, Bob Backlund, DDP, Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake, Val Venis, Stevie Richards, Ivory
    6. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda (IRS), Jushin Liger, Bryan Danielson, Junkyard Dog, Sable, Stan Hansen, Dick Murdoch
    7. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, William Regal, Fabulous Moolah, Marty Jannetty, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Mark Henry, Chris Masters, Renee Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki
    8. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon, Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn, Bob Holly & X-Pac, Sherri, D-Lo Brown, Eugene, Brooklyn Brawler
    9. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Bobby Lashley, Finlay, Frankie Kazarian, Kofi Kingston, Stacy Keibler, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, Chris Harris
    10. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna, Jimmy Snuka, Tazz & Raven, Don Muraco & Bob Orton, Mr Fuji, Ron Simmons, Alundra Blayze, Aja Kong
    11. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane, CM Punk, Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Rougeau Brothers, Maria, Bad News Brown, Steve Williams, Paul Bearer
    12. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude, Rick Martel & Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff, The Wild Samoans, Mil Mascaras, Miss Elizabeth, Low Ki, Essa Rios
    13. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake & Typhoon, Melina, Eric Bischoff, Muhammed Hassan, Ariel, Daivari
    14. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Tiger Mask, Jim Cornette, Bruiser Brody, Ultimo Dragon & Billy Kidman, Buddy Rogers, Nigel McGuinness, Terri Runnels
    15. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus, Sergeant Slaughter, Molly Holly, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, The Nasty Boys, The Miz
    16. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian, AJ Styles, Sunny, Samoa Joe, TAKA Michinoku & Funaki, Tyson Tomko, Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas, Paul Heyman
    17. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers, Sycho Sid, Pat Patterson, Chyna, Gail Kim, Christopher Daniels, Elijah Burke & Marcus Cor Von, Dan Severn
    18. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan, Shane McMahon, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr, Stephanie McMahon, Umaga, Killer Kowalski, The Great Khali, Paul & Katie Lea Burchill
    19. Justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Mr Kennedy, Carlito & Santino, Victoria, Tommy Dreamer, Kelly Kelly, Sandman
    20. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri, Lita, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Super Crazy, Evan Bourne, Psicosis, Steve Corino

Minto has already made his choice so next up to choose is Furious-Red.

When making your choices try to make it interesting by adding a picture or a video, explaining the reasons behind your selection etc. It just mkaes it look more presentable.

Roster Submissions:

1. Minto - Done
    2. Furious-Red - Done
    3. ec18 - Done
    4. dez_warlock
    5. RebelRockChick - Done
    6. Vince135792003 - Done
    7. Spongey1975 - Done
    8. michael.etc - Done
    9. Jayhaitch 2 - Done
    10. b.ie curious - Done
    11. KKV - Done
    12. Mr. Nice Guy - Done
    13. Fozzy - Done
    14. Bounty Hunter - Done
    15. Danger Dave - Done
    16. Bubs 101 - Done
    17. callaway92 - Done
    18. gimmick - Done
    19. justbringit89
    20. orestes - Done

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just to make everything look ok, here's my post from the other thread:

Ok, since I got first pick, I'm gonna pick....

Triple H

I picked Triple H for a few reasons: one, he is my favorite wrestler and has been for years. Two, if I was to build a promotion of my own, I'd want to have him to help build stars (no burying jokes please) and he's pretty solid in the ring. Thirdly, I picked him tactically, if I have him, no one else can have him!

I did think about making a very different, more shocking/questinoablr first choice, but I'm 99.9% sure (s)he'll still be available for my second pick, so I went for Hunter!

Shocked? I doubt it, lol! Furious-Red, its your go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

My pick goes to the jabroni beating, pie eating, trailblazing eyebrow raising peoples champ the ROCK.

First pick goes to the Rock because he was one of the big two in the Attitude era and one of the most charismatic and popular superstars of all time.

He's one of the greatest on the mic, which more than made up for his less than spectacular in ring skills.

No one else can manipulate a crowd like the Rock, he's good as a face and gets real heel heat. See the concerts he did in late 2002/2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

OH HELL YEAH!

My first pick is arguably the biggest star of the Attitude era, none other than the Texas Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin! What?!

Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your ass!

Gimme a hell yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WOOOOOO….
    Flair.jpg

My first pick is undoubtedly one of the greatest wrestlers ever to grace the ring, with a career in professional wrestling spanning 36 years (Debuting in AWA in 1972).

I picked “Nature Boy” Ric Flair as he is a talented wrestler who has had a long and successful career, being one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time. Not only can he prove himself in the ring, but also on the microphone. His charisma was shown right up until his retirement at Wrestlemania 24.

“To be the man, you’ve gotta beat the man.”

“A kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, jet flying, limousine riding, son of a gun.”

“This ain’t no garden party, brother, this is wrestling, where only the strongest survive.”

“Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because it’s the best thing going. Wooooo!”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My turn. I am really thorn between going for the obvious and going for the one that I think is the best deal. Anyway here it is:

The British Bulldogs- The Dynamite Kid and the British Bulldog

By making them my first pick, I've got a guy in Bulldog who at his peak was very good in the ring and and a guy in the Dymaite Kid who as a singles wrestler can arguably be called the best ever.

Combine the 2 and you again arguably had the best tag team of all time. Here's a quick rundown on both of them:

Dynamite Kid

Someone hinted in another thread that I'd pick Bret Hart. Then it occurred to me why don't I pick the guy who Bret in his book proclaimed was the best ever and get another really good guy on top of that?!

As bad as he seems to have been out of the ring, he was equally as good in the ring a decade or maybe even 2 decades before his time.

For those that have never seen Dyamite Kid, treat yourself to this video that features matches from 20- to 25 years ago.

Here's some of the awards he's won for his work too:
    * Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Match of the Year (1982) vs. Satoru Sayama
    * Most Underrated (1983)
    * 5 Star Match award: vs. Satoru Sayama on April 23rd, 1983
    * Best Flying Wrestler (1984)
    * Best Technical Wrestler (1984) - tied with Masa Saito
    * Tag Team of The Year (1985) - with Davey Boy Smith
    * Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

British Bulldog

He was not as good as the Dynamite Kid. That's obvious. But when he was on his game, the guy could be involved in some great matches. Just some that come to mind are his matches with Michaels, Owen Hart, Bret Hart and Mr. Perfect.

Here's a 5 minute clip from his match with Shawn Michaels at Saturday Nights Main event in the early '90s:

Basically to sum up, neither have had happy endings to say the least but in an imaginary draft, I couldn't think of a better pick in terms of pure ability in the ring as these 2 in their prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Ok then, my first pick is none other than HBK himself, Shawn Michaels.

Shawn has been one of my favourite wrestlers of all time who has always got great matches out of anybody he's wrestled. He's got one of the best intros in the business and is fantastic on the mic. The first grand slam champion is gonna superkick anyone who gets in his way and if you're not down with that i've got two words for ya........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

My first pick..........

ANDRE THE GIANT

Yups. A legitimate draw across the world, in addition to being a genuinely impressive performer in his prime, and a star of one of the greatest movies ever made.....
    Andre travelled the globe, as one of the most positive examples in history of a pro-wrestler as a spectacle, and made bucketloads of cash. additionally, in his prime, he was capable of handling himself in the ring, and performing good quality big man matches, that appealed to a wide array of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Kurt Angle.

A Badass Heel
    A Face for the fans to truly to get behind.
    Intense in-ring promos.
    Hilarious backstage skits.
    Supreme mat-wrestling.
    Moonsaults off the top of a steel cage.

Whatever a promotion needs, this man could provide it all.

Its true. Its damn true!

It really doesn't need much of an explanation. Anyone who has seen Kurt Angle in the ring can tell he is one of the greatest all round performers to ever step foot in the ring. Even in the fickle world of internet wrestling fans its hard to find any disputes to the mans ability.

The Undertaker

From the silent, stalking dead man who built caskets in which he planned to bury his 'victims', to motorbike riding American Bad Ass who loved nothing more to kick ass, The Undertaker has lasted long over a decade and had audiences worldwide in the palm of his hand for the entire duration.

Even after introducing his former wife to the TV audiences and having comedic sketches with his 'brother' Kane, the Undertaker can still revert back to a lonely, deceased man with no third dimension to his character and still have the crowd chant his name.

The Original Deadman displayed his devotion to his gimmick.

The Phenom showed us his vindictive, evil, punishing side.

The American Bad Ass learned us of his great and realistic talking ability (Mic-work)

The Deadman shows us that he can introduce a whole new style of wrestling (grappling, takedowns, submissions) at his age and perfect it.

Undefeated at WrestleMania, A Royal Romble winner, WWE and World Champion...

Dead or Alive... Its still his yard.

[/cheesiness]

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be"

71.jpg

Every roster needs a top babyface and my first pick is going to be one of the most popular wrestlers in the history of the WWE, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart.

Bret Hart is undoubtedly one of the most technically sound wrestlers of all time who had the ability to work with 'big man' wrestlers (Diesel, Bam Bam Bigelow) as well as smaller guys (1,2,3 Kid). He was also a dedicated pro throughout his career and an inspiration to his locker room.

Notable achievements:

- 5 time WWE champion
    - 2 time Intercontinental champion
    - 2 time Tag team champion
    - Hall of Fame inductee

With this pick I'm getting a guy popular around the world, who can offer superb matches in the ring, a guy who takes his craft seriously and someone I know I can count on.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

"The Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich

Kerry was far and away the best wrestler of the Von Erich family. He had buckets of charisma, a great look and the in-ring skills to hang with the best around. He was the second youngest NWA World Heavyweight champion at the time that he won the belt at the age of just 24

When he was 22 he had a great two out of three falls match with Ric Flair for the NWA title. Think of how many 22 year olds could be put in a situation like that today and do so well

The unfortunate thing when it comes to Kerry is that he could have gone on to even bigger things if it weren't for what happened outside the ring. He held the NWA title for less than a month because the NWA didn't trust him with his drug problems. He also had his foot amputated in 1986, yet was still able to wrestle some awesome matches, including an AWA/WCCW title unification match with Jerry Lawler

Kerry in his prime would be a superstar today

Notable Achievements:

WWF Intercontinental champion
    NWA World Heavyweight champion
    Numerous NWA and WCCW tag titles
    WCCW World Heavyweight champion
    Numerous NWA regional titles
    Participant in the Wrestling Observer's feud of the year for 1983 and 1984
    Participant in the Wrestling Observer's match of the year for 1984

Only tribute video I could find that didn't either consist of a load of photos of him as a kid or clips of him riding a horse half naked

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

my pick is....Hulk Hogan!

The Six-time WCW & Six-time WWF/E Champion who also won two Royal Rumbles (1990 + 91) and was argueably the biggest name ever in Professional Wrestling who has been a massive draw in the WWE for the past 3 decades setting the standards for future icons of Wrestling like The Rock and SCSA. Be it as a Heel (Hollywood NWO Hogan) or a Babyface (The real American) Hogan sells, Hulkamania runs wild and, he is my promotions marquee name.

someone had to pick him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

OOOOOOOOOOOH Yeah

macho_man_randy_savage-126995.jpg

Had the WWF and Vince in particular not been so desperate to cash every cent possible from Hulk Hogan, they surely would have built the company around the Macho Man Randy Savage. He had a gimmick so great that it is still used today, cut great psychotic promos (funky like a monkey etc.). He was great in the ring (had what is generally considered the best Wrestlemania match ever with Steamboat) and has a large profile outside the world of wrestling. He also was one of the first main eventers to have a high flying finisher, now they are everywhere. He also lends great flexibility to my roster as he was both a great heel and face during his peak wrestling years. As part of his 6 title reigns (2 in the WWE and 4 in the WCW) he held the WWE belt for a year while Hogan was around, an unparralled victory over Hogan's backstage politicking. His acting career is also bigger than most of his peers, with his appearance in Spiderman ( a bigger grossing movie than Hogan's Rocky) being the highlight
    wikipedia wrote:
    Honours: * Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    * PWI Match of the Year (1987) vs. Ricky Steamboat
    * PWI Wrestler of the Year (1988)
    * PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1988)
    * PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1989)
    * PWI ranked him #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1992.
    * PWI Comeback of the Year (1995)
    * PWI Feud of the Year (1997) vs. Diamond Dallas Page

* Match of the Year (1987) vs. Ricky Steamboat
    * Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

Part 1 of Wrestlemania match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmr8ZBOFKEM
    Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkI_1Q-vFAA.

He also broke in Stephanie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Here is my pick The Road Warriors

They are 2 time WWF Tag champions
    * Pro Wrestling Illustrated

* PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 1982.
    * PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 1984.
    * PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 1985.
    * PWI Feud of the Year award in 1987 - Road Warriors & Super Powers vs. The Four Horsemen.
    * PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 1988.
    * PWI ranked them # 1 of the 100 best tag teams during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
    * PWI Top 5 Tag Team (No.1)
    Some people might find it a strange pick but after Bubs chose Randy Savage..These were my next choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Money money money money money. My first pick is the one and only

54245ec01323f47i3.jpg

The Million Dollar Man - Ted Dibiase. Any company needs a believable top heel who the fans can totally get behind in hating. The guy was fantastic on the mic, and a bloody good in ring performer as well. Charisma to burn and a very inflential wrestler. Originally he would have been my second pick, but was afraid of losing him, so got straight in at number one.
    Championships And Accomplishments

* All Japan Pro Wrestling

* AJPW Unified World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Hansen[4]
    * NWA United National Championship (1 time)[4]
    * PWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Stan Hansen[4]

* Central States Wrestling

* NWA Central States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[4]

* Georgia Championship Wrestling

* NWA National Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[4]
    * NWA National Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Stan Frazier (1) and Steve Olsonski (1)[4]

* NWA Tri-State | Mid-South Wrestling Association

* Mid-South North American Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[4]
    * Mid-South Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Matt Borne (1), Jerry Stubbs (1), Hercules Hernandez (1), and Steve Williams (1)[4]
    * NWA North American Heavyweight Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time)[4]
    * NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Tri-State version) (1 time) - with Dick Murdoch[4]

* NWA Western States Sports

* NWA Western States Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Tito Santana[4]

* St. Louis Wrestling Club

* NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[4]

* Texas All-Star Wrestling

* TASW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[4]

* World Wrestling Federation

* WWF North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time) (First)[4][3]
    * WWF Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Irwin R. Schyster[4]
    * Million Dollar Championship (2 times)1
    * WWF King of the Ring (1988)[4]

* Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame
    o (Class of 2007)

* PWI ranked him # 17 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1991.

* Best Technical Wrestler (1981)
    * Feud of the Year (1982) vs. Junkyard Dog
    * Feud of the Year award (1984) vs. Jim Duggan
    * Best Heel (1987)
    * Best Heel (1988)
    * Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

My First Pick Is

Here Comes The Pain : Brock Lesner

What A Wrestler, Great Performer!!! Doesnt Have The Best Attitude But No Deneying His Talents!!

Have a Look At Acomplishments[HTML]Championships and accomplishments

[edit] Amateur wrestling

* North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
    o 1997 winner - Heavyweight[88]
    o 1998 winner - Heavyweight[88]
    o 1999 winner - Heavyweight[88]
    * Collegiate
    o 1998 Junior College National Champion
    o 2 Time Big Ten Title (1999-2000)
    o 1999 NCAA Division I runner-up
    o Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten (2000)
    o 2000 NCAA Division I Champion
    o 2 Time NJCAA All American

[edit] Professional wrestling
    Brock Lesnar as WWE Champion
    Brock Lesnar as WWE Champion

* New Japan Pro Wrestling
    o IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[62]

* Inoki Genome Federation
    o IWGP Third Belt Championship (1 time) (First)

* Ohio Valley Wrestling
    o OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Shelton Benjamin[17]

* World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WWE Championship (3 times)[7]
    o King of the Ring (2002)[5]
    o Royal Rumble (2003)[6]

o PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year award in 2002[89]
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year award in 2002[90]
    o PWI Feud of the Year award in 2003 vs. Kurt Angle[91]
    o PWI Match of the Year award in 2003 vs. Kurt Angle - a 60-minute Iron Man match on SmackDown![92]
    o PWI ranked him # 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2003.[93]

o Most Improved Wrestler (2002)[94]
    o Best Brawler (2003)[95]
    o Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Kurt Angle[96]
    o Most Improved Wrestler (2003)[94]
    [/HTML]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

My first pick: Mick Foley

mickfoley.jpg

Three time wwe champion, first ever hardcore champion, and 8 time tag team champion. One of the most respected wrestlers in history, even though hardly the most athletically gifted performer ever he earned the respect of pretty much everybody in the industry through his sheer dedication and humility. He always gave it 100% and everyone knew it. Great matches, great spots, great promos. A true legend, and my marquee name.

Foley isn't just good, Foley is GOD!

Achievements
    * Championship Wrestling Association
    o CWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Gary Young[54]
    * Eastern Championship Wrestling / Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Mikey Whipwreck[55]
    * Great Lakes Championship Wrestling
    o GLCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * International Wrestling Association of Japan
    o IWA World Tag Team Championship (IWA Japan version) (1 time) - with Tracy Smothers[56]
    o IWA King of the Death Match in 1995
    * National Wrestling League
    o NWL Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * Ozark Mountain Wrestling
    o OMW North American Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[57]
    * Steel City Wrestling
    o SCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with The Blue Meanie
    * World Championship Wrestling
    o WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Kevin Sullivan[58]
    * World Class Wrestling Association
    o USWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Scott Braddock[59] (First)
    o WCWA World Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[60]
    o WCWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Super Zodiak II (1) and Scott Braddock (1 Last)[61]
    * World Wrestling Federation
    o WWF Championship (3 times)[62]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[63] (First)
    o WWF Tag Team Championship (8 times) - with Stone Cold Steve Austin (1), Chainsaw Charlie (1), Kane (2), Al Snow (1) and The Rock (3)[64]
    o PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1993)
    o PWI Match of the Year (1998) vs. The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match at King of the Ring
    o PWI Match of the Year (1999) vs. The Rock in an "I Quit" match at Royal Rumble
    o PWI ranked him # 46 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003.
    o Best Brawler (1991-2000)
    o Best on Interviews (1995, 2004, 2006)
    o Feud of the Year (2000) vs. Triple H
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2000)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I got a PM of MNG there yesterday saying i could make my pick onece orestes did. so here it goes

benoit.jpg

I was never a fan of technical wrestling but when you would watch Benoit match you were always amazed. He also didnt mind letting younger guys beat him .
    Championships and accomplishments

* Catch Wrestling Association
    o CWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[81] - with Dave Taylor

* Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[82] - with Dean Malenko

* New Japan Pro Wrestling
    o IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[83]
    o Super J Cup Winner (1994)
    o Top of the Super Juniors (1993)
    o Best of the Super Juniors (1995)

o PWI Feud of the Year (2004)[84] vs. Triple H
    o PWI Match of the Year (2004)[85] vs. Shawn Michaels and Triple H
    o PWI Wrestler of the Year (2004)[86]
    o PWI ranked him # 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004.[87]

* Stampede Wrestling
    o Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (4 times)[88]
    o Stampede International Tag Team Championship (4 times)[89] - with Ben Bassarab (1), Keith Hart (1), Lance Idol (1), and Biff Wellington (1)
    o Stampede Wrestling Hall of Fame[90]

* Universal Wrestling Association
    o WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)1[91]

o WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[92]
    o WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[93]
    o WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times)[94] - with Dean Malenko (1) and Perry Saturn (1)
    o WCW World Television Championship (3 times)[95]
    Benoit's five United States Heavyweight Championship reigns (two in WCW; three in WWE) are tied for the most in history.
    Benoit's five United States Heavyweight Championship reigns (two in WCW; three in WWE) are tied for the most in history.

* World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time[96]; first-ever champions) - with Kurt Angle
    o WWE United States Championship (3 times)[97]
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)[98]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (3 times)[99] - with Chris Jericho (1) and Edge (2)
    o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[100]
    o Royal Rumble (2004)
    o Twelfth Triple Crown Champion

o Best Technical Wrestler (1994, 1995, 2000, 2003, 2004)
    o Most Underrated (1998)
    o Most Outstanding Wrestler (2000, 2004)
    o Match of the Year (2002) with Kurt Angle vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio
    o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2003)
    o Best Brawler (2004)
    o Feud of the Year (2004) vs. Triple H and Shawn Michaels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Jake Roberts

jake-the-snake.jpg

The greatest wrestler never to hold a world title, mainly because he never needed one. He was able to connect with the crowd through his charisma alone, and didn't need a golden prop to get people to care about him. Instead, he used a live and dangerous animal. Jake Roberts was in many ways a precurser to Stone Cold Steve Austin, in that he was a hell raiser yet still a fan favourite. He also invented the DDT, which is now one of the most well-recognised manouvers out there.

Charisma, excellent in-ring psychology, brilliant promo work from the Snake Pit, and a huge snake. What more could you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Chris Jericho. Y2J was the first ever undisputed champion in the WWE. He is one of the best Heels in wrestling. His matches are excellent, his storytelling is above reproach. His promo's are entertaining and he can generate massive Heat.

Also with the ability to generate so much controversy just re-entering the wwe, he can easily become my Top Heel in my brand. He is also an excellent Tag team wrestler adding scope to my brand

Promo.

Championships and accomplishments
    Jericho has held the WWE Intercontinental Championship a record-breaking eight times
    Jericho has held the WWE Intercontinental Championship a record-breaking eight times

* Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
    o NWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)1[75]

* Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Television Championship (1 time)[3]

o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2002)[76]
    o PWI ranked him #4 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2002[77]

o WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)[3]
    o WCW World Television Championship (1 time)[78]

o WCW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)2[79] (Last)
    o WWE Championship (1 time)3[80]
    o WWF European Championship (1 time)[3]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[3]
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (8 times)[3] (Most Reigns)
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (3 times)[3] - with Chris Benoit (1), The Rock (1), and Christian (1)
    o Ninth Triple Crown Champion
    o Third Grand Slam Champion

* Wrestle Association "R"
    o WAR International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[81]
    o WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (1 time)[82] - with Gedo (First)

o Readers' Favorite Wrestler (1999)
    o Most Underrated Wrestler (1999, 2000)
    o Best on Interviews (2003)

P.S Was very close on picking another person but i hope to get that pick depending what number i get in round 2 .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

RD1:Hulk Hogan

I had several other people in mind but at the last moment thought who could I get now that I am No.1 in the 2nd draw that could Rival the Immortal Hulk Hogan in my Roster. hmmm how about...

RD2:John Cena!
    JohnCena002.jpg
    Argueably the biggest draw/name of all time can now go up against argueably the biggest draw/name of the Present WWE. Hulkamaniacs vs The Chain gang, as i draft The doctor of thugonomics John "you cant see me" Cena to boards.ie's flagship promotion.

Ohio Valley Wrestling
    OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[12]
    OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time)[30] – with Rico Constantino
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    Ranked #1 in the PWI 500 for 2006 and 2007[117][118]
    Feud of the Year – vs. Edge (2006)[119]
    Match of the Year – vs. Shawn Michaels - Raw, April 23 (2007)[120]
    Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2003)[121]
    Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2004, 2005, 2007)[122]
    Wrestler of the Year (2006, 2007)[123]
    Ultimate Pro Wrestling
    UPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[11]
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Championship (3 times)[7]
    WWE United States Championship (3 times)[8]
    World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[9] – with Shawn Michaels
    Royal Rumble Winner (2008)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The Fabulous Freebirds - Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy

FREEBIRDS.jpg

The Fabulous Freebirds have won numerous titles in their career as well as being the first tag team to have had music played prior and during their entrance, which was Lynard Skynard's Free Bird. Not only have Hayes and Gordy accomplished a lot as a tag team, but also singles wrestlers.

Hayes & Gordy's List of achievements:
    Georgia Championship Wrestling

* NWA National Tag Team Championship (3 times) - Hayes & Gordy
    * NWA Georgia Tag Team Championship (1 time) - Hayes & Gordy

NWA Mid-America

* NWA Mid-America Tag Team Championship (2 times) - Hayes & Gordy

* PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 1981 for Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy.
    * PWI Ranked Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy #3 of the 100 best tag teams during the PWI Years in 2003.

Universal Wrestling Federation (Bill Watts) | Mid-South Wrestling

* Mid-South Tag Team Championship (2 times) - Hayes & Gordy and Gordy & Roberts
    * UWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time) - Gordy

World Class Championship Wrestling

* NWA American Tag Team Championship (1 time) - Hayes & Gordy Wrestling

Observer Newsletter awards

# Feud of the Year award in 1983. - Freebirds vs. the Von Erichs
    # Feud of the Year award in 1984. - Freebirds vs. the Von Erichs
    # Worked Match of the Year award in 1984. - Freebirds vs. the Von Erichs, July 4, 1984, Fort Worth, Texas
    # Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2005) Hayes, Gordy, & Roberts

My second round choice is none other than,
    Mr. Perfect

07.jpg

A former two time WWE Intercontinental Champion, He is arguably one of the greatest wrestlers to ever grace a WWE ring. Along with being a great wrestler, he was entertaining and humorous. Performing in many watchable, entertaining vignettes where he displays his perfection, he is a true star of WWE Wrestling. Even upon his return to the WWE squared circle in 2002, Curt Hennig was still an amazing in-ring athlete (and its just sad that we never did get Kurt Angle VS Curt Hennig).

In fact i think i could say, my pick really is...

...Absolutely Perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

So Pick Number Was the Next Big Thing Brock Lesner. To Join Him is a Man who has being one of the most entertaining & best Wrestlers (IMO) to grace the WWE. Sadly Passed away in 2005 . Gone But Not Forgotten. Have A Look At this Video

Incase You Havnt Watched The video My Pick Is .............

Eddie Guerrero

VIVA La RAZA

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My second Pick is ......................

174434-765788.jpg

One of my all time favorite wrestlers . enjoy all of his matches even though he has some serious drug related problems.
    * National Championship Wrestling
    o NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)[3]
    * New Dimension Wrestling
    o NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[4]
    * New Frontier Wrestling Association
    o NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[4]
    * North East Wrestling
    o NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[4]
    * NWA 2000
    o NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Matt Hardy[4]
    * Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
    o OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time) (First)[16]
    o OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Matt Hardy[4][119]
    o PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the Triangle ladder match at WrestleMania 2000[120]
    o PWI Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy[120]
    o PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Matt Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in the TLC II at WrestleMania X-Seven[121]
    o PWI ranked him # 418 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003.[122]
    o PWI Comeback of the Year (2007)[123]
    * Universal Wrestling Association
    o UWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)[4]
    o WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Matt Hardy[3]
    o WWE European Championship (1 time)[8][41]
    o WWF Hardcore Championship (3 times)[29]
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)[27]
    o WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[28]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (6 times) - with Matt Hardy.[8][124]
    o Best Flying Wrestler (2000)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

First Round: The Great One

Round 2:
    A badass heel with decent mic skills to be able to hold his own with the Rock. The Kind of heel can get serious heat from the crowd. So my Second Round pic is:

The Ultimate Opportunist Edge!
    Since his heel turn he has been main eventing and winning titles while the crowd have been booing him. Personally I preferred him as the goofy face, in the days of awesomeness with Christian. But as a heel he's had fantastic success. Also he's been in some of the most memorable moments in WWE history from TLC Matches to MITB

All his achievements:
    * Insane Championship Wrestling
    o ICW/MWCW Mid-West Unified Tag Team Championship (1 time)[94] – with Joe E. Legend
    o ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (2 times)[95] – with Christian Cage (1) and Joe. E Legend (1)

* New Tokyo Pro Wrestling
    o NTPW Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Christian Cage[96]

* Outlaw Championship Wrestling
    o OCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Psycho Joe Sampson[citation needed]

o PWI Feud of the Year[97] – vs.Matt Hardy (2005)
    o PWI Feud of the Year[97] (2006)
    o PWI Match of the Year[98] – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven, April 1 (2001)
    o PWI Match of the Year[98] – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz - SummerSlam 2000, August 27 (2000)
    o PWI Comeback of the Year (2004)[99]
    o PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2006)[100]
    o PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 2007.[101]

* Southern States Wrestling
    o SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Christian Cage[citation needed]

o WCW United States Championship (1 time)[102]1
    o WWE Championship (2 times)[103][104]
    o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[105] – with Rey Mysterio
    o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)[106]
    o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (11 times)[107] – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), and Randy Orton (1)
    o World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)[9]
    o King of the Ring (2001)[10]
    o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005)[38]
    o Mr. Money in the Bank (2007)[70]
    o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

o Match of the Year (2002) with Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle, No Mercy, North Little Rock, Arkansas, October 20
    o Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Christian

and plus he has one of the best entrance themes in WWE history and a really really cool coat.
    edge-rated-r-superstar-20060303030128365-000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

First Round pick Macho Man Randy Savage

Second Round Pick..........

Bruno Sammartino
    sammartino-medium.jpg

Before Stone Cold there was Hulk Hogan and before Hogan there was Bruno Sammartino. He is the first two time WWWF (the predecesser of the WWE) champ and held the title for a quite literally jaw dropping 11 years. Needless to say in the territory days (when the competition was far more fierce due to the amount of main eventers) he was the biggest draw. An absolute legend on the East Coast, New York in particular, the WWWF regularly packed out the Garden on his name alone and saved the company from financial ruin on numerous occasions. Considering he was a commentator after his career ended it has to be assumed he was very good on the mic as well. His feud with Larry Zbysko during the territory years is considered the best ever in the Northeast. He is also a member of the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"The boss is back."

28.jpg

I said in the last round when I picked The Hitman that a top babyface was important for a roster and likewise so is a top heel, so who better to pick for my second round choice than perhaps the most antagonising heel of all time Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Piper in his prime was the most despised wrestler in the WWE and headlined the main event of the first Wrestlemania, alongside Paul Orndorff, squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr T.

Part of the brilliance of Piper was the creative methods he used to get the fans to turn on him such as the time, mentioned in his WWE DVD, when he was in the NWA and playing to a Mexican-heavy crowd in L.A who he had insulted previously. He promised to make up for his previous behaviour and play the Mexican national anthem on his bagpipes, but instead played “La Cucaracha” causing the Mexican crowd to be outraged.

While the 'Hot Rod' had many entertaining in-ring bouts in his career, he was just as famous for his 'Piper's Pit' segment which had many historic moments and is generally viewed as the best interview segment in the WWE, rather than the likes of Carlito's Cabana which followed later.

Notable achievements:

- Intercontinental champion
    - Tag team champion
    - WWE Hall of Fame class of 2005

Awards:

- PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1982)
    - PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1984)
    - PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1985)
    - PWI Match of the Year (1985) with Paul Orndorff vs. Hulk Hogan & Mr. T
    - PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1986)
    - PWI ranked him # 17 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
    - Best Interviews (1981) tied with Lou Albano
    - Best Interviews (1982)
    - Best Interviews (1983)
    - Best Heel (1984)
    - Best Heel (1985)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

A legendary heel with tons of charisma, who managed to branch out into the mainstream and who is still adored and remembered by fans to this day, when those bagpipes play you know it's going to be a memorable moment. The Rowdy One is a true wrestling great and a worthy addition to any roster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

First Round: Andre The Giant
    Second Round......

Bill Goldberg

Yep, that's right. Goldberg. I never would have dreamt that the guy i've slagged off numerous times in the past would be my second draft pick. However, given who has been picked, and who is left to consider, Goldberg is a choice based on his widespread public appeal, and the legit drawing power he carried throughout 1998-99, before WCW cocked it up.
    If i'm going to have a Monster of Andre's status and size, i need at least one believable opponent, and whom better than Bill? He connects with fans, and he can be terribly exciting when booked correctly, as a tremendous babyface force.

Here's some achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

First Pick: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Second Pick: was going to be be Goldberg but was just beaten to it!

So now I've picked:

Rob Van Dam

This wrestler is truly one of a kind. Definitely one of my favourites of all time with a great innovative move set. He is a former ECW Television, Tag and Heavyweight champion as well as a former WWE Champion, he is Mr Monday Night, the Whole F'N Show

RVD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement