Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Well guys you won't be waiting 24 hours for me! Just added my first pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So dez_warlock has chosen Stone Cold. Can't argue with that pick!

Well done for being quick off the mark dez. :cool:

awesome Dez! very quick and great pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Made my first pick, Vince is up next. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Cool, things are moving along nicely now.

Great choice by RebelRockChick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Any chance of taking Furious-Red's place in the draft ? , considering he didn't post for the first round ?

Whoa excellent choice by RebelRockChick. Naitch hadn't entered my thoughts yet. I wonder if Vince was going to choose him?
    Any chance of taking Furious-Red's place in the draft ? , considering he didn't post for the first round ?

Well he's technically still in the challenge because it's two strikes and you're out. I could stick you on the reserve list in the event of someone deciding to drop out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Throw me on that as well good sir, please.

Ye that would be great ! Hopefully ill get in and win !.

P.S if i do not get into the draft my pick to win is Bubs 101 after his win in ATH, surely all his momentum will guide him to victory :)

Awesome pick, El Chick.

Nature Boy is outta there. I'm sure Vince will be alive/online tomorrow, so we're fairly getting things going. Pity we had such a tough start to it all :(

6. Vince135792003
    7. Spongey1975
    8. michael.etc
    9. Jayhaitch 2
    10. b.ie curious
    11. KKV

I reckon Vince and Michael will be quick to choose (As i see them on a lot) but im unsure of the others' activity. Regardless, 5 down, 5 to go :)

• Advertisement

OK Danger Dave, Reganio 2 I will whack you both on the Reserve list so if there are vacancies you can hop on board.
    I reckon Vince and Michael will be quick to choose (As i see them on a lot) but im unsure of the others' activity. Regardless, 5 down, 5 to go.

Well Spongey and jayhaitch2 were active yesterday so with a bit of luck we won't have much hold-ups for the forseeable future.

I'm itching to make my pick. I've a few names in mind and some of them will undoubtedly be picked but hopefully one or two will be around. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't thought about my pick at all yet. The obvious ones are being chosen so far, Rock, Austin and Flair all would've been in my top 5 picks anyway. I'm sure the Brets, Shawns and Hogans will be gone soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Ah, this looks like it's gonna be fun. Would have loved to have taken part but in fairness I'm only ever on 3 or 4 days of the week so it wouldn't have been fair on everyone else. Ah well, I'm going to enjoy seeing how it all plays out anyways. Good luck everyone. ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Fozzy wrote: »
    I haven't thought about my pick at all yet. The obvious ones are being chosen so far, Rock, Austin and Flair all would've been in my top 5 picks anyway. I'm sure the Brets, Shawns and Hogans will be gone soon enough!

Yep, and I'm down at no 20 for the first round so am really struggling to think of any megastars that will still be available by then.

Bloody hell, first round and I'm struggling to think of a pick, that can't be a good sign! :D

Whats the current time limit for making your pick? still 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I just picked. I guarantee everyone the explaination for my picks won't be as long in the future. At the very least watch the Dynamite Kid video though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I just picked. I guarantee everyone the explaination for my picks won't be as long in the future. At the very least watch the Dynamite Kid video though!

I prefer the longer explainations, why didnt you go for a bigger, more obvious name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just thinking after Vince's pick, who is gonna pick Chris Benoit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As long as Chris Masters is still available I will be happy.

The Bulldogs is an awesome pick and I had fully intended as using them for 2nd pick at the very latest.

Hopefully the picks will come quick and fast.

rovert wrote: »
    why didnt you go for a bigger, more obvious name?

Just to be different.

Depending on internet availability where I'm staying, I mightn't even be able to see who people are picking. So I'd imagine alot of my picks might be a bit different.

• Advertisement

Just to be different.

Depending on internet availability where I'm staying, I mightn't even be able to see who people are picking. So I'd imagine alot of my picks might be a bit different.

If you are going down this route you need a grand plan for all your guys make sense cumulatively.

I presume if myself or reganio are inserted into the draft, we'll be put to the bottom of the draft ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

rovert wrote: »
    If you are going down this route you need a grand plan for all your guys make sense cumulatively.

Just out of interest Rovert, why didn't you choose to play?

I'm surprised by Vince's pick as I didn't think anyone would go for a tag team so early. They were in my thoughts though for a tag team down the line.
    I presume if myself or reganio are inserted into the draft, we'll be put to the bottom of the draft ?

Yeah you'd have to go to the back of the queue if you get in.
    Whats the current time limit for making your pick? still 24 hours?

Yeah it's still 24 hours. Hopefully spongey will be on today and we can keep things rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

That Bulldogs pick has completely buggered one of my first couple of choices, bah!

This is already pretty interesting i reckon.

I'm surprised by Vince's pick as I didn't think anyone would go for a tag team so early..

I know I picked a tag team but in my imagination I think I'd use Dynamite and Davey as singles wrestlers who occassionaly tag up. Not that it matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I had figured by the time it got to me in 9th, I'd struggle to get one of my top singles picks so I was planning on a different tag team. I think its a good strategy if you get the right team.

24 hours is an eternity in the world of Fantasy WWE drafts:)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Just out of interest Rovert, why didn't you choose to play?

I didnt really understand the rules, that and it would get in the way of my trolling.;)

Spongey just chose the Showstopper! Damn!

I think michael.etc is up next now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Its hard to get a good tag team where one hasnt been a world champion and are both good singles wrestlers. I had them in mind but didnt think they would go so early

Just a quick question. If you pick a wrestler who has had completely different aliases, do you get that alias as well

Advertisement