Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yeah I'm debating whether to go with the unpredictable or not. It really comes down to whether I think other posters will spot what to me is the "value" pick of the draft in the first round.

We could be thinking of the same person for all we know, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Yeah I'm debating whether to go with the unpredictable or not. It really comes down to whether I think other posters will spot what to me is the "value" pick of the draft in the first round.

Surely you would go with the excellence of execution if you got the chance? TBH, I think it's obvious that the more modern wrestlers, the ones who have made it big in the past 20 years will be picked first, so I'm just hoping that by number 16 I can still get a legendary main eventer that I like. TBH, my diva is of real importance to my roster, but she's not an obvious one so I'm hoping that I can leave her til round 7 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Number 5, not bad. I'm hoping my 1st choice will still be available by then...

I might just pick Kane first to screw with you

Oh yeah, Kane. I forgot about him.

I was actually planning on picking Torrie Wilson :)

[/sarcasm]

Wow.. this second pick is taking forever. Time is going slooooooowly :( I think i might make another draft song. My CM Punk one only took a few minutes so i guess it'd pass time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Minto wrote: »
    Star Trek board last I heard! I miss him really (along with kenbtonbomb, lol)!

He's on the Mac forum a lot I think. My favourite internet poster ever, what a guy

Are we having discussion in this thread too then? Or will there be a separate thread for picks?

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    TBH, my diva is of real importance to my roster, but she's not an obvious one so I'm hoping that I can leave her til round 7 or so

I'm going for my Diva in round 3! I think it's important to get the I'm also going to pick a manager in round 4. Then build my main event and midcard accordingly.

@MNG: Should we allocate championships to our roster once they are finalised? It would add more substance to the choices and might make it easier to determine a winner.

In retrospect, Kentonbomb was better IMO. Both great guys though

Fozzy wrote: »
    Are we having discussion in this thread too then? Or will there be a separate thread for picks?

I think it's a bit of everything tbh!

In retrospect, Kentonbomb was better IMO. Both great guys though

Both future "Boards.ie Pro-Wrestling Forum" Hall of Famers for sure!

championships are a bad idea. there arent even 20 notable championships in WWE history.

Also, i agree that for the second round of picking, we should be randomly selected again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

@MNG: Should we allocate championships to our roster once they are finalised? It would add more substance to the choices and might make it easier to determine a winner.

I suppose at the end when we're summarising our roster we could add championships if people feel it would be worthwhile.
    Fozzy wrote:

It might make it easier for the likes of Furious-Red and others who haven't been on to get up to speed with where we are.

If Minto doesn't have a problem with posting his pick again I'll start another thread for picks (although he can just cut and paste what he has I guess)

well im going to bed now. I look forward to waking up tomorrow to see all the good wrestlers gone.

'night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Right I've started a separate thread for the draft picks. This thread therefore can be for discussing the contest, asking questions and all that jazz.

If Minto wants to cut and paste his post from this thread explaining why he chose HHH and whack it on the other thread it would be appreciated. ;) Apologies for not starting another thread sooner. It would have made things a lot tidier.

Furious-Red can make his pick on the draft pick thread now when he gets around to it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Number 20. Fukk. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Both future "Boards.ie Pro-Wrestling Forum" Hall of Famers for sure!

Aw man, i'll never be able to fill those shoes! :(
    Minto i'll just have to settle with being Podcast pioneer with you so!
    VR!

championships are a bad idea. there arent even 20 notable championships in WWE history.

Also, i agree that for the second round of picking, we should be randomly selected again :)

You don't need to 20 championships. Everyone would chose a World champion, midcard champion and a third or even fourth tier championship, only rule is that it must have been defended once on WWF/WWE television. So you theoretically couldn't have the NWA title as your main title (I'm almost sure it was never defended on WWF/WWE TV), but you could have the WCW United States as your second tier championship.

I thought it was already decided on randomly selecting again for the second round, but maybe not. Although, I'm not averse to leaving things as they are since I'm number one, lol!

Minto i'll just have to settle with being Podcast pioneer with you so!
    VR!

Hell yea, we're the first guys to go in, obviously! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Hell yea, we're the first guys to go in, obviously! :D

If you were gonna do it like a WWE Hall of Fame, I'd book triple h as my Bret Hart (main event) and you 2 as my Blackjacks:

WWEHOF_Blackjacks.jpg

I thought it was already decided on randomly selecting again for the second round, but maybe not. Although, I'm not averse to leaving things as they are since I'm number one, lol!

I still think the numbers should be reversed, seeing as I'm number 16. Any sign of Furious Red?

If you were gonna do it like a WWE Hall of Fame, I'd book triple h as my Bret Hart (main event) and you 2 as my Blackjacks:

WWEHOF_Blackjacks.jpg

I dunno if I should take that as a complement or be offended, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dunno if I should take that as a complement or be offended, lol!

I think he is accusing you of counterfitting

I make it 8 hours and 40 minutes until the time limit expires, come on furious red!

I make it 8 hours and 40 minutes until the time limit expires, come on furious red!

Not looking forward to at the very least 10 of these ridiculously long waits:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Anyone check to see the last time he was online?

I still think the numbers should be reversed, seeing as I'm number 16. Any sign of Furious Red?

In the NFL the draft numbers stay the same don't they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bestinwest90

ya the numbers should def be reversed, Its Will Make a Better Draft People have to admit!!

ya the numbers should def be reversed, Its Will Make a Better Draft People have to admit!!

It's been discussed already, if that is done, the person who got first, will have to wait 38 draft pick to make his second pick and that is much worse than keeping the numbers, or as i suggested earlier, repicking them for each round!

It's been discussed already, if that is done, the person who got first, will have to wait 38 draft pick to make his second pick and that is much worse than keeping the numbers, or as i suggested earlier, repicking them for each round!

presumably that means there staying the way they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Let's just get through the first round.

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    presumably that means there staying the way they are?

I wouldn't think so! As Vince said, lets get through the first round first. Can anyone contact Furious Red and get him to pick already?

Advertisement