Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I like the idea in theory but what if someone made their pick quite late, say at 2am, then the next person would have to make their pick before 2pm since they'd only have 12 hours. Most people probably wouldn't come on to the board until later in the evening and would find they've missed their pick.

I don't really think that that would be much of a problem once people knew the order. Like if you knew that you were meant to be going in the next three or so you are going to check the thread more regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think that it's fine as it is, everyone's going to know now that it holds up the rest of us if you don't post soon. And at the same time it will allow for someone who has a genuine reason for not being able to post within 12 hours. I think that a lot of people would end up being skipped if you made the limit shorter, and that's probably worse than waiting a day

If its your turn, i think you should be able to pick whenever you want, but the next person has until 10pm the following night.

eg: if its ec's pick now, im next and Fozzy's after me. EC can pick at half nine tonight, and i can pick at 11pm. But fozzy can still wait until 10pm the following night to choose.

At least that way if its your turn to pick, you're not sitting around waiting to pick, despite it being your own turn, and that way, if Fozzy was online, he could see that both ec and myself have picked, so he could pick after me, and whoever is after him would then have til 10pm the following night.

So i think 10pm should be a cut-off so to speak.

If that makes any sense to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

whens the cut off for furious red?

3 minutes. I think for everybody's sake you should just get it out of the way now. Furious Red has had his chance

• Advertisement

ok i'll make my pick now

12 minutes.

*edit*

i mean 2... well.. 1 now..

And ec18 chooses....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ec18,

Post your pick in the other thread remember. :)

aw c'mon.. surely he can do so in both?! :(

• Advertisement

If its your turn, i think you should be able to pick whenever you want, but the next person has until 10pm the following night.

eg: if its ec's pick now, im next and Fozzy's after me. EC can pick at half nine tonight, and i can pick at 11pm. But fozzy can still wait until 10pm the following night to choose.

At least that way if its your turn to pick, you're not sitting around waiting to pick, despite it being your own turn, and that way, if Fozzy was online, he could see that both ec and myself have picked, so he could pick after me, and whoever is after him would then have til 10pm the following night.

So i think 10pm should be a cut-off so to speak.

If that makes any sense to anyone?

What if someone makes their pick at 9pm? Or would the person after them have til the day after at 10pm to pick? That'd be increasing the limit to 25 hours in that case

Regarding the time limit, I found a flaw in my own idea. If there's a cut off point say at 10pm and no one has made their pick then we will all have to wait until 10am the following day meaning effectively you'd still have a long delay.

I think for the moment we should do as Fozzy suggests and leave it although if it becomes a persistent problem we can maybe take another look at it.

Nice pick ec18. Certainly would have been my number 1. Unmatchable charisma, not going to upset the backstage with his politics, great heel and face and was willing to lose to virtually anybody to put them over. Nice

just posted my pick in the other thread.

What link do you put in for youtube videos?

Fozzy wrote: »
    What if someone makes their pick at 9pm? Or would the person after them have til the day after at 10pm to pick? That'd be increasing the limit to 25 hours in that case

True i guess.

Well, EC just layed the smackethdown!on our candy asses...:o

ec18 wrote: »

I would also like to know this.

Is it [youtube][/youtube] :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I would also like to know this.

Is it [youtube][/youtube] :confused:

It's square brackets with youtube, but you only use the bit of the url that comes after the =

ec18 wrote: »
    just posted my pick in the other thread.

Good pick, ec18.

For Youtube videos I think you do as KKV wrote but you use caps locks.

yeah i used that put the link from the address bar of you tube in but the video isn't appearing

As ChopperByrne says, take away everything before and including the = sign

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you just use the bit where it says 'Embed' and place all of that between the Youtube tags.

Just testing it with this video:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=anG9CbHsCIo

*edit*

it worked, so the code is:

[YOUTUBE]anG9CbHsCIo[/YOUTUBE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know I am number 18 (17 now I suppose), but will be very surprised if someone else takes my first choice.

Viva Espana

Yeah exactly as chooperbyrne the bit after the = between youtube tags in caps

You don't use the full address, just the woXpsFgM5h0 bit

Fozzy can you update the bit on the first page showing the choices? I'm unable to do so anymore.

Also dez_warlock is next to choose so let's hope he's about sometime soon. :D

dez_warlock
    Last Activity: Today 20:02

Also dez_warlock is next to choose so let's hope he's about sometime soon. :D

I'm expecting a good 6 or 7 24 hour waits before I get my go, only for the two people in front of me to take my two realistic picks

Fozzy can you update the bit on the first page showing the choices? I'm unable to do so anymore.

Done. I'll try remember when I see picks

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm expecting a good 6 or 7 24 hour waits before I get my go, only for the two people in front of me to take my two realistic picks

Well unless your picks are Torrie Wilson and Cody Rhodes, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

But hey, everyone knows i want Kane. But if someone else takes him im not gonna be upset. After all, thats the fun of it. Getting your pick taken is the challenge :)

Advertisement