Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

rio2009 wrote: »
    Recieved the letter just hope PSNI do the right thing and put us out of our misery and send out the merit list soon.

do the right thing???!!! hee hee you guys are funny. I'm as gutted as everyone, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Least they sent a letter to tell us about the delay. Poor Russler's posting would have gone of the scale if we'd got to December without as much as a peep!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

rio2009 wrote: »
    Recieved the letter just hope PSNI do the right thing and put us out of our misery and send out the merit list soon.

Can someone put me right about the merit list? I was of the understanding that Recruiting do not issue your place on the merit list to all candidates. I was led to believe you have to contact them personally for the info and if you don't ask you don't get!

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

cduck wrote: »
    do the right thing???!!! hee hee you guys are funny. I'm as gutted as everyone, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Least they sent a letter to tell us about the delay. Poor Russler's posting would have gone of the scale if we'd got to December without as much as a peep!!!:D

You are quite right my good friend!

I'm trying to reign in the urge to post for the sake of it and to kill a bit of time....hopefully we'll all be able to post are (rough of course!) merit numbers in a few weeks:D

Had a dream last night that I was standing outside my old school waiting to get on a bus that said 'PSNI' on the front. There was a guy there with a clipboard calling out numbers from a list. My number was 345 and I went up to him and asked was I on the list? He said 'I can't tell you that but don't be going anywhere' and smirked at me. He then called out my number and I got on the bus to Garnerville!

I also had a dream that my wife was pregnant so hopefully these are both destined to come true:D

Russler wrote: »
    Had a dream last night that I was standing outside my old school waiting to get on a bus that said 'PSNI' on the front. There was a guy there with a clipboard calling out numbers from a list. My number was 345 and I went up to him and asked was I on the list? He said 'I can't tell you that but don't be going anywhere' and smirked at me. He then called out my number and I got on the bus to Garnerville!

I also had a dream that my wife was pregnant so hopefully these are both destined to come true:D

Hilarious. If you keep posting stuff like this you'll be asked back to OHU for a psychiatric assessment. Or in Norn Iron spake a Physic Quack.
    How freaked out will you be if your even close to 345 on the merit list? And your wife starts eating coal and ice-cream! :D
    Brilliant. Keep us all posted on the next chapter of 'Daddy Russler goes to GV'!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

I actually just laughed out loud at that! Got some funny looks in the office when I couldnt explain what I was laughing at! :D:D

Mystic Russler will keep you all updated with the latest dream as soon as I have it:D

p.s. Wish I was mystic as I'd be trying me hardest to dream up this weekend euro millions numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Hey Russler , lets be grateful that you didn't dream that you were pregnant ! If that happens , all I can say is : Be Afraid .... be very afraid

delancey42 wrote: »
    Hey Russler , lets be grateful that you didn't dream that you were pregnant ! If that happens , all I can say is : Be Afraid .... be very afraid

Might be more chance of that happening than us getting at the merit list before the end of 2009:eek:

I can just imagine Russler's next dream - he finds out he is pregnant as his wife takes the Number 345 bus to GV to start her training. Sounds like a Norn Iron version of Twin Peaks or something. Brilliant. :D

• Advertisement

Misterjay wrote: »
    I can just imagine Russler's next dream - he finds out he is pregnant as his wife takes the Number 345 bus to GV to start her training. Sounds like a Norn Iron version of Twin Peaks or something. Brilliant. :D

Awww , poor Russler.... all this waiting is starting to get to him - I can see it now : the fabled call to GV comes for Russler but alas too late , all the waiting has fried his brains and he sits in a chair in the corner of his kitchen twitching and drooling uncontrollably !

Awww , poor Russler.... all this waiting is starting to get to him - I can see it now : the fabled call to GV comes for Russler but alas too late , all the waiting has fried his brains and he sits in a chair in the corner of his kitchen twitching and drooling uncontrollably !

Not to worry. If that happens he could always get a job as an MLA at Stormont. :D

The only thing missing from this banter on a Friday afternoon is a pint of Harp or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

hey guys :) i just signed up to this today, only found it. I also recieved the letter saying that our feedback has been delayed, ah! Though i'm a bit confused about this merit list, are we getting it sent out or how do we find out?!
    thanks

rashe591 wrote: »
    hey guys :) i just signed up to this today, only found it. I also recieved the letter saying that our feedback has been delayed, ah! Though i'm a bit confused about this merit list, are we getting it sent out or how do we find out?!
    thanks

In previous years candidates had to phone or write recruitment to get their merit placings. Personally I can't see why those details are not sent out. As far as I know the same procedure applies for this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

Thanks delancey42! I'm going to start getting so anxious soon, even though i've just sent out my vetting forms 2 weeks ago! People have already started the training who applied same time, so im worried now eek! Fingers crossed for us all :)

rashe591 wrote: »
    Thanks delancey42! I'm going to start getting so anxious soon, even though i've just sent out my vetting forms 2 weeks ago! People have already started the training who applied same time, so im worried now eek! Fingers crossed for us all :)

Try not to think about it too much ( easy to say I know ).Be sure to take time to read whats on the forum - you'll see that this is a long and frustrating process and you could drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why someone got called before you or why someones vetting was done in a few months , etc.
    You've passed your medical now and done all you can so try to forget about it if you can :rolleyes::(

Anybody have any idea when the next round of calls are due so we can all start brickin' it waiting for the phone to ring?:D

Russler wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the next round of calls are due so we can all start brickin' it waiting for the phone to ring?:D

Bearing in mind there is no December intake I would reckon probably another 4 weeks before calls go out for January . Chances are that guesstimate is totally wrong !:rolleyes:

I have it on good authority that indeed it will be 4 to 5 weeks before the next round of calls go out.

Hopefully we'll all know our merit numbers by then:mad:

Just imagine , wouldn't it be the best Christmas present ever for the folks who get that call just 2/3 weeks before the 25th ? Some feeling that would be !
    Any good dreams lately ?

• Advertisement

Just imagine , wouldn't it be the best Christmas present ever for the folks who get that call just 2/3 weeks before the 25th ? Some feeling that would be !
    Any good dreams lately ?

Had a wierd one the other night about Gordon Ramsey.....something about him asking me how to poach the perfect egg?

Might have been the bottle of wine I'd drunk taking effect come to think of it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Has anyone contacted recruitment today about merit numbers? Shame that no calls for another 4 weeks at least was hoping that some calls would have gone out in the next couple of weeks.

Oh well more waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

The last time I called was last Monday and they said they're hoping mid - November for release of merit numbers - it mightn't be a bad idea for someone to call though and see if they can get something more definitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

Did they not mind you calling?

kazo wrote: »
    Did they not mind you calling?

Anytime I've called (only 2 or 3 times since campaign started) I've always been lucky and got very pleaseant people. I've been really apologetic explaining that I know they're very busy but I would like an indication of when the list will be released and they've been helpful. It all depends on who you get I suppose and as I say my calls are very sporadic as I try not to take the p*ss and I only call when I think there might be a chance of the listings becoming available, which, according to recruitment themselves could be any day now...:)

Bubba1981 wrote: »
    Anytime I've called (only 2 or 3 times since campaign started) I've always been lucky and got very pleaseant people. I've been really apologetic explaining that I know they're very busy but I would like an indication of when the list will be released and they've been helpful. It all depends on who you get I suppose and as I say my calls are very sporadic as I try not to take the p*ss and I only call when I think there might be a chance of the listings becoming available, which, according to recruitment themselves could be any day now...:)

I hope you're right bud cos all this not knowing is tearing me apart:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

Me too. I'm trying to be optimistic without setting my heart on it but it's hard. It's hard not to let it take over everything

I'm a Guinness drinker so patience comes naturally :D - if I were a betting man i'd put my money on this Monday coming being the day for merit numbers being released - I just have a feeling...

Someone pop them a quick call and see if there's any update though

I think the recruitment folks must have the patience of saints given the number of calls they get from boardies ! Lets hope it is mid-november but I can't help but have a feeling that the delay to the feedback will impact the merit list , I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but....:(

• Advertisement

"I think the recruitment folks must have the patience of saints given the number of calls they get from boardies ! Lets hope it is mid-november but I can't help but have a feeling that the delay to the feedback will impact the merit list , I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but.... "

I asked that exact question the last time I called and they said it shouldn't have an impact and that they still hope mid November for release of merit list.

Advertisement