Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

William 100............285-295.......Non Rc............?...............Passed
    Suziesaysso..........310s............Non RC
    Nobodys...............330s........... Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    Louisiana 1927.......340's......... Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    Chance?...............340-360.......Non RC..............?.............Passed
    PapaYankeeGirl...... 350s...........Non RC.............Cleared..... Passed
    Peggysue's Mama ...360s...........Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    bc 84....................360s...........Non RC.............Cleared.......Passed
    faceman08.............360-380......Non RC.............Cleared......Passed

Pablissimo..................110-120....RC......................?.... .........Appeal
    1979 SD....................200s.........RC
    Track........................300-350... RC......................?
    Townboss................~380..........RC
    Morri.......................~400..........RC
    Fo...........................~650 ........RC
    mutter man..............750-850.....RC.....................?..............Passed
    leethegreat..............950-1k........RC.........Cleared................Passed

Rio, I found this list from C14. From flicking through the posts Fo appears to have been accepted. When you have a few minutes flick through the other posts to see about mutter man. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

mcb2009 wrote: »
    How many people roughly go into each intake?

By the way, she sounded a little cross!

40 to 50 per intake. And as for her sounding cross, im not surprised!! Thanks to this forum they must be tortured :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

'bout ye BoutYe?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

psni wrote: »
    'bout ye BoutYe?

'bout ye yerself big lad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You made it! Well done. Hope you got where you wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ayedeadon

Folks i know for some of you this is the holy grail however...G ville is a load of kak. You'll learn how to put nice creases in trousers but will learn next to nothing. You realise you will be hated, spat on, attacked, and much worse when doing this job. Then there's the mountains of paperwork to watch some scrote walk away with a community service order for the 50th time, not to mention covering your arse as lots of people will sink you given the chance......so be under no illusions to what you're getting into. Oh then there's the possibility that you'll get booted out for failing something twice - there endeth the career.

Reality will kick in - but in the meantime be aware that many people will be targeting you - grooming you for information - particularly on the damn web so keep it on the qt. The load of muppets on a recent course to go through opened their beaks a bit too much on here. It's back to the bad old days - be under no illusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

just thinking only one more week left of Nov. Roll on those calls :D

Welcome to boards ayedeadon.

It's a pity your stint in the factory wasn't enjoyable. I know plenty of people who had the time of their life in there and learned loads in the process (admittedly some people struggle with self-study).

Everyone who wants to join the job already knows about the hatred/spitting/assaults and that's the same all over the world no matter what police force you join.

The volume of paperwork is the same for police all over the world as well, and the scumbags who walk free for the 50th time do so because the out-of-touch magistrates don't do their job properly. You shouldn't be disillusioned because you do your job to the best of your ability. I understand it's frustrating as hell, but that's just the way it goes. If you let it get to you, you'll drive yourself insane with stress.

I don't know why you're so annoyed that people get binned for failing exams AND resits. If you can't pass exams/resits after LIVING in a college, then you have no hope when it comes to the things you have to do in your probation. I get that you're not happy, but it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

As in every job, there is a certain amount of politics. There will always be people who will be only too happy to use you as a stepping stone in whatever way they can. It's up to you to stand out, work hard and don't let all of this grind you down.

And regarding the muppets who blabbed too much on here, well let's just say I think they've learned their lesson. ;)

The job is what you make it, and you get to choose whether you'll enjoy it or not, depending on your perspective.
    ayedeadon wrote: »
    Folks i know for some of you this is the holy grail however...G ville is a load of kak. You'll learn how to put nice creases in trousers but will learn next to nothing. You realise you will be hated, spat on, attacked, and much worse when doing this job. Then there's the mountains of paperwork to watch some scrote walk away with a community service order for the 50th time, not to mention covering your arse as lots of people will sink you given the chance......so be under no illusions to what you're getting into. Oh then there's the possibility that you'll get booted out for failing something twice - there endeth the career.

Reality will kick in - but in the meantime be aware that many people will be targeting you - grooming you for information - particularly on the damn web so keep it on the qt. The load of muppets on a recent course to go through opened their beaks a bit too much on here. It's back to the bad old days - be under no illusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

psni wrote: »
    Welcome to boards ayedeadon.

It's a pity your stint in the factory wasn't enjoyable. I know plenty of people who had the time of their life in there and learned loads in the process (admittedly some people struggle with self-study).

Everyone who wants to join the job already knows about the hatred/spitting/assaults and that's the same all over the world no matter what police force you join.

The volume of paperwork is the same for police all over the world as well, and the scumbags who walk free for the 50th time do so because the out-of-touch magistrates don't do their job properly. You shouldn't be disillusioned because you do your job to the best of your ability. I understand it's frustrating as hell, but that's just the way it goes. If you let it get to you, you'll drive yourself insane with stress.

I don't know why you're so annoyed that people get binned for failing exams AND resits. If you can't pass exams/resits after LIVING in a college, then you have no hope when it comes to the things you have to do in your probation. I get that you're not happy, but it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

As in every job, there is a certain amount of politics. There will always be people who will be only too happy to use you as a stepping stone in whatever way they can. It's up to you to stand out, work hard and don't let all of this grind you down.

And regarding the muppets who blabbed too much on here, well let's just say I think they've learned their lesson. ;)

The job is what you make it, and you get to choose whether you'll enjoy it or not, depending on your perspective.

Well said PSNI. I think most people on the boards have thought carefully about their career choice before applying and are under no illusions to the dangers they face and the long hours and stress they will be under.

If it is the job they want to do, then people are prepared to accept this as part of the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

ayedeadon makes valid points but psni has hit the nail on the head. downsides to a job only happen when someone loses interest.

I and many on the boards are fully aware of the imlications of the job and having considered these, believe that it is the career they want to pursue.

I think its fair to say that you cant let pessimists get you down. keep the heads up and keep chasing the dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ayedeadon

Did i say my stint in the Ville wasn't enjoyable? What i said was it's a load of kak. What you get taught in there is nowhere near what you need to know and concentrates on things lower down the priority chain for day to day policing. The point on realism that i mentioned is that a fair few people who go in have no idea on the reality that awaits them. When i mention exams again my point is realism. Many on here don't understand that they could be out on their ear if they don't pass - blinded by their perception of what lies ahead. Downsides to a job exist, not when interest is lost, they just exist regardless of any job. PSNI reckons that i'm unhappy and get annoyed about people getting binned for failure and seems to be under the illusion that i'm an angry disillusioned person - far from it. What i am is disappointed to see the standard of some who get in and that maany bubbles get burst on day one because of hype - most of which happens when people join forums and get themselves addicted to anticipation. My intention was to bring some realism back to the forefront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

I don't have experience in the police so I can't comment on the particular training for that, but I am ex-Army. Sometimes in training for such careers you are learning things that you don't think are relevant to the job at all. We did hours upon hours of marching and foot drill which I often, at the beginning, questioned the relevance of to combat. It is not until much later on down the line that you realise such tasks are essential to foster both discipline and team-work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

On a new topic.....who was it on here that had the inside info on when calls were going out?

Next week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Apparently calls will go out beginning of December - when it happens it happens :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

William 100............285-295.......Non Rc............?...............Passed
    Suziesaysso..........310s............Non RC
    Nobodys...............330s........... Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    Louisiana 1927.......340's......... Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    Chance?...............340-360.......Non RC..............?.............Passed
    PapaYankeeGirl...... 350s...........Non RC.............Cleared..... Passed
    Peggysue's Mama ...360s...........Non RC.............Cleared......Passed
    bc 84....................360s...........Non RC.............Cleared.......Passed
    faceman08.............360-380......Non RC.............Cleared......Passed

Pablissimo..................110-120....RC......................?.... .........Appeal
    1979 SD....................200s.........RC
    Track........................300-350... RC......................?
    Townboss................~380..........RC
    Morri.......................~400..........RC
    Fo...........................~650 ........RC
    mutter man..............750-850.....RC.....................?..............Passed
    leethegreat..............950-1k........RC.........Cleared................Passed

To update that list Mutter man should read 675-725 (mistake on my part when stating my score area). Also for C15 I'm 230-260 and well done to all so far. As for the reality as the subject was brought up personally I'm under no illusions but I still want in and I mean to put in the work I have to. If I don't make the grade or its not for me there is only one way to ever find out for sure so if I get the call I'm going to find out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MILLBILLIES

Just got merit score this morning between 280 and 290 non rc. I havent had any vetting forms or medical just got letter to say that I would not hear anything until Sept 2010. Can only assume that this is due ongoing budget issues. As while the merit mark isnt as good as some of the others I would have thought that after looking at last years scores I am certainly in with a chance.

Anyone else in this situation??:confused:

No argument its a long time to wait but pull up a chair and join the bunch on that score you certainly seem to have a good score but with what appears to be a fair number still waiting from C14 that would likely be the reason why it will drag that much further on. The waits a drag but you'l settle in soon enough :D

Just got merit score this morning between 280 and 290 non rc. I havent had any vetting forms or medical just got letter to say that I would not hear anything until Sept 2010. Can only assume that this is due ongoing budget issues. As while the merit mark isnt as good as some of the others I would have thought that after looking at last years scores I am certainly in with a chance.

Anyone else in this situation??:confused:

Millbillies - That is crap. There are supposed to be 440 places in C15 for you would think that finishing around 290 would almost certainly get you in. Based on my limited knowledge of the process it could be one of the following factors (or a combination).
    1. Not recruiting 440 due to financial restraints;
    2. 440 would be 220 RC and 220 non RC. It is a mathematical possibility that there are more than 220 non RCs with a higher merit score;
    3. There are still a large no from C14 to be offered a place;
    4. With intakes of say 40-50 and say they start in Jan it could be well be Aug/Sep before they are getting to scores around 300.

The good thing is that they have told you they will contact you again in Sept. At least you are still in the pot - little recompense I know. I really hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MILLBILLIES

Thanks for that. I know I am luckier that lots of others so just going to put it out of my mind and get on with it until September which would really be an ideal time for me with kids going back to school. Will keep an eye out for C16 and reapply again just incase.

Thanks for that. I know I am luckier that lots of others so just going to put it out of my mind and get on with it until September which would really be an ideal time for me with kids going back to school. Will keep an eye out for C16 and reapply again just incase.

Keep positive. What's for ye won't go by ye!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobs uruncle

Non RC, merit score 21, passed vetting and medical. But Ive been offered a position in the Royal Navy so Ill not be at GV unfortunately. Everybody can subtract 1 from their scores! Good luck!

Non RC, merit score 21, passed vetting and medical. But Ive been offered a position in the Royal Navy so Ill not be at GV unfortunately. Everybody can subtract 1 from their scores! Good luck!

Well done you. Good luck with the career on the high seas. Just don't let us down by crying if the Iranians get you and take your ipod off you!! :D:D

well good luck indeed sir, perhaps some of us will see you if whatever ship your assigned makes a courtesy call to Belfast or wherever :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Boards are quiet. I thought calls were going out this week?

Boards are quiet. I thought calls were going out this week?

hey i thought calls were going out this week aswell, I expected a bit more speculation lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Tomorrow is the first day of the month, could be some peoples lucky day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 von clinkerhoff

Not great news I'm afraid. A very well placed (reliable too!) source has let it slip that there will be less than 300 recruited this year. I'm gutted because I've done much better than previous campaigns and know I'm not guaranteed a place with my community background:(

Not great news I'm afraid. A very well placed (reliable too!) source has let it slip that there will be less than 300 recruited this year. I'm gutted because I've done much better than previous campaigns and know I'm not guaranteed a place with my community background:(

what? why? budget restraints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

Im not discrediting your information in any way but one thing ive learnt over the last 20 months is that the campaigns are very unpredictable and information is subject to change.

If they do only take 300 im rite on the edge and it could be touch and go.

How do appointments justify employment? I mean, people between 100 and 120 on the list may have the same score. What happens if numbers 100-110 get a place but 111-120 dont? Surely thats not fair if all those people achieved the same grade!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 von clinkerhoff

There has been no reason given as to why they'll be taking in fewer this year. Suggestions were..
    Budget - There's a good chance Mr Baggots Office clearance will see many desk-bound employes require retraining & the hearing-loss cases keep rollin in.
    Withdrawl - The events of this year with three very high profile murders and several bomb / murder attempts have put a large proportion of candidates of.
    No matter what, there rarely seems to be rhyme or reason as to what goes on and the thing is, the eager candidates will always be the last to know.

Advertisement