Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Thanks Bubba - that sounds encouraging -perhaps we'll have something in the next week or so .

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Russler wrote: »
    Had a wierd one the other night about Gordon Ramsey.....something about him asking me how to poach the perfect egg?

Might have been the bottle of wine I'd drunk taking effect come to think of it:D

Were you able to tell him how to poach the perfect egg?

Just thinking, first a dream about pregnancy and now one about a perfect egg. If your next one involves Michael Phelps (or Duncan Goodhew depending on age) asking how strong a swimmer you think you are - you are in trouble! :D

Bubba1981 wrote: »
    I'm a Guinness drinker so patience comes naturally :D - if I were a betting man i'd put my money on this Monday coming being the day for merit numbers being released - I just have a feeling...

Someone pop them a quick call and see if there's any update though

I tried to call a few times today but no answer. I reckon they are onto us. :D

I'll give it another go later in the week. The problem will be that as soon as the first boardie gets his or her merit list and posts it, Recruiting will be inundated. Leads me to the assumption that they will not give anything out over the phone. Well, until 4pm on Christmas eve and then close down for 2 weeks! ;)

Getting a bit anxious now as the wait since April is almost over. Well this part of the wait at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

I tried a few times today too and no answer, is it wishful thinking that we may be getting close??:confused::confused:

Misterjay wrote: »
    Were you able to tell him how to poach the perfect egg?

Just thinking, first a dream about pregnancy and now one about a perfect egg. If your next one involves Michael Phelps (or Duncan Goodhew depending on age) asking how strong a swimmer you think you are - you are in trouble! :D

Michael Phelps ? Duncan Goodhew ? Mark Spitz even ? Tch ! The only swimmer I have dreams about ( frequent and enjoyable ones too ) is Sharron Davies :D 47 years old and still got the body of a 21 year old :p
    What a babe !!!
    Anyway , apologies for digressing - interesting that no answer from recruitment :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

I tried a few times today too and no answer, is it wishful thinking that we may be getting close??:confused::confused:

I tried too. No answer....the operator sounded very surprised that we couldn't get anyone.

I tried too. No answer....the operator sounded very surprised that we couldn't get anyone.

Similar experience. The operator tried different numbers for me yesterday and this morning. Alas no answer.

Fingers crossed that means it is almost complete and they are too busy licking envelopes or the like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mika_

Hello everyone, I've got a letter this morning from PSNI and was very surprised, because I didn't expect any to come in any time soon. The biggest shock came when I read it - the vetting people stated in the letter, that they were unable to process my application any further, because on the 4th of april - the c15 recruitment closing date i was not a resident in the UK for 3 years. Well, I was never a resident in UK, because i live in the ROI, however i never knew that there is such a requirement for PSNI, for a mainland UK police service - yes, but not for PSNI?
    Any help on this one please? Completely shocked now, because this was REALLY unexpected.

In tht case Mika all applicants from the Republic are wasting their time - this does not sound right at all . Did the letter give any details of an appeals process ?

No, there's nothing in the letter about any appeal process, there's a number to ring. I did, but after speaking to two different persons still didn't get any clear answer to this. Got the other number from them to ring, so i'll try that and will let you know.

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure I havnt seen anything like that in any correspondance, check the eligibility terms on the website.
    I finally got through to appointments today, still cannot say when the list will be out. I think I am going insane!:mad:

mika_ wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I've got a letter this morning from PSNI and was very surprised, because I didn't expect any to come in any time soon. The biggest shock came when I read it - the vetting people stated in the letter, that they were unable to process my application any further, because on the 4th of april - the c15 recruitment closing date i was not a resident in the UK for 3 years. Well, I was never a resident in UK, because i live in the ROI, however i never knew that there is such a requirement for PSNI, for a mainland UK police service - yes, but not for PSNI?
    Any help on this one please? Completely shocked now, because this was REALLY unexpected.

Mika - I had a look at the PSNI website. Please understand I am by no means an expert on this. It seems to state that anyone who is a national of an EEA country is eligble to apply. ROI is included in this as are most other states in the EU. It does state the following:

"Please note applicants from Bulgaria and Romania do not have the automatic right to work in the United Kingdom. For further information please visit the Home Office UK Border Agency website for details."

The web address I got this info from is: http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/Nationality.aspx

You stated you live in ROI. If you are an Irish citizen then you will have a very strong case for appeal. However if you are a national of a state not in the EEA (or Bulgaria or Romania) and are currently living in ROI then this might be why the application has been stopped.

Sorry I cannot offer you any concrete answers here. I really hope it works out for you.

Good luck.

Im pretty sure I havnt seen anything like that in any correspondance, check the eligibility terms on the website.
    I finally got through to appointments today, still cannot say when the list will be out. I think I am going insane!:mad:

I guess I will stop trying to get through today. I'll leave it another couple of weeks and set a reminder to start pestering again at the end of the month.

Taking bets on Christmas Eve at 4pm and then the phones go off. Odds anyone? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcb2009

No, there's nothing in the letter about any appeal process, there's a number to ring. I did, but after speaking to two different persons still didn't get any clear answer to this. Got the other number from them to ring, so i'll try that and will let you know.

Hi Mika, that is really worrying as I have not been resident in the UK for all of the last 3 years but was completely unaware of that as entrance criteria. Are you a European national?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

Hi Mika had you sent back vetting forms or had you medical yet. I too live in ROI and have a medical in the next few days but have not recieved any vetting forms. Is this normal to have med date but no vet forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

rio2009 wrote: »
    Hi Mika had you sent back vetting forms or had you medical yet. I too live in ROI and have a medical in the next few days but have not recieved any vetting forms. Is this normal to have med date but no vet forms.

Hey, i recieved my medical date before i recieved my vetting forms, infact i had my medical completed and a letter telling me i passed it before recieving my vetting forms. Hope that helps

I do reside in ROI, however I'm Lithuanian citizen and according to requirements, which ones i've double checked now about a thousand times it says, as long as you are a citizen of EEA, excluding Bulgaria and Romania (in other words as long as you have a right to live and work in UK) you are eligible for a position. Basically, that leaves me with the same rights as Irish citizens, who are joining PSNI, am I not right here?

To the questions above ^^ yes, I've done my medical (passed) and last week sent out the vetting forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcb2009

Hi Mika, I'm not sure what's going on but I wish you the best of luck in getting everything sorted out. From what you say it does seem like you should have the same rights as a ROI citizen but I'm no expert on the subject. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

hey mutter man are we the only ones left in the waiting room from c14?

Oh this is a prize I'm still here :D, are you or am I about to turn into granpa c14 :cool:. I passed another medical by this point still told its all perfectly normal to be waiting as long (worst of all it really is) and all I know is "its still in processing" whatever that means. Anyone care to sedate me till they call :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

mutter_man wrote: »
    Oh this is a prize I'm still here :D, are you or am I about to turn into granpa c14 :cool:. I passed another medical by this point still told its all perfectly normal to be waiting as long (worst of all it really is) and all I know is "its still in processing" whatever that means. Anyone care to sedate me till they call :D

I also have been waiting 20 months for a call - - - - my understanding is that merit means nothing and that vetting calls all the shots - - - wonder if you two have been around the globe as much as I have?

• Advertisement

Track wrote: »
    I also have been waiting 20 months for a call - - - - my understanding is that merit means nothing and that vetting calls all the shots - - - wonder if you two have been around the globe as much as I have?

ouch nasty well this may sound horrible but I feel better not being on my own lol (misery is never as bad in groups). and on that score your likely right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

I do reside in ROI, however I'm Lithuanian citizen and according to requirements, which ones i've double checked now about a thousand times it says, as long as you are a citizen of EEA, excluding Bulgaria and Romania (in other words as long as you have a right to live and work in UK) you are eligible for a position. Basically, that leaves me with the same rights as Irish citizens, who are joining PSNI, am I not right here?

To the questions above ^^ yes, I've done my medical (passed) and last week sent out the vetting forms.

Well best of luck mika looking at PSNI website there no mention of 3 years residency and Lithuania is part of EEA dont know where they get info from

mutter_man wrote: »
    ouch nasty well this may sound horrible but I feel better not being on my own lol (misery is never as bad in groups). and on that score your likely right :D

I feel the same way! As long as there are a few others pulling their hair out - it is much easier to endure. :)
    Ones with my merit started 8-9 months ago - though I'm prepared to wait another damn 20 months to get in - - - I want this so bad I'll never give up/in.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

I feel the same way! As long as there are a few others pulling their hair out - it is much easier to endure. :)
    Ones with my merit started 8-9 months ago - though I'm prepared to wait another damn 20 months to get in - - - I want this so bad I'll never give up/in.
    Good luck

Why so long waiting on a start date mate?

I've never thought about checking my vetting as I've only lived in 3 different houses all in Norn Iron so I would assume it was a fairly straight forward.....hopefully:rolleyes:

Russler wrote: »
    Why so long waiting on a start date mate?

I've never thought about checking my vetting as I've only lived in 3 different houses all in Norn Iron so I would assume it was a fairly straight forward.....hopefully:rolleyes:

It's difficult to check your vetting progress 'cause vetting won't talk to applicants; I've travelled a bit and appreciate the effort vetting is putting into my process, but.....it seems an awful long time to wait in this day of technology/internet. Ah well, we'll get there in the end

Good luck

Same thing here top to bottom and it makes it coubly hard to see people with the same merit or better yet lower merit scores (especially if they are the same backround) getting in months ahead of you alright.

OMG I am actually shaking writing this!!!!!

THEY ARE OUT!!!!

Just rang recruitment and I got my merit score in the 150s!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Don't be posting exact merit listings people!!! Just give a range - your exact merit number could be used to identify you!

I just called - merit number in 120's - RC background - really pleased - i just wanted to be in top 440 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Just got my score between 60 and 80:D holy crap batman!

I'm a non so hopefully I'll get a call fin the next few months:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I was in C14 and people in my merit pool area 700-720 have started long ago but despite that I have (with a lot of nail bitting and so on much like the others here) held on. Now however having gone for C15 I find my merit position at 240-260 so guess whos bouncing off the walls :D:D:D

Advertisement