Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

For security reasons, we don't give out dates of intakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

How do you guys check this? I don;t have a clue. hehe. I am from c13 and my vetting has taken a year and a half so far. So patience is the key. had my fingerprints taken a couple weeks ago. I hope the wait will be over soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Track

I'm going freakin' bonkers in this waiting room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

ditto mate.

Calls this week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 leethegreat

think so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

think so :)

Plenty of comments on the general thread for your info.

Anyone spend so much time in here that they had to do their medical again?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭CK1Champ

I got a letter today to say I passed my medical and would be contacted again...does this mean I'm just waiting on my vetting to come through?

CK1Champ wrote: »
    I got a letter today to say I passed my medical and would be contacted again...does this mean I'm just waiting on my vetting to come through?

I also just got my pass letter for the medical this morning. :)

I had to clarify some points for my vetting a few weeks ago so I'm assuming we are just waiting on the merit list coming out to see if we stand a chance.

Good luck with what will probably be another long wait.

Ref the long wait - has anybody annoyed Deloitte or Recruiting re the merit list or feedback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭CK1Champ

Does that mean were in and a matter of when and not if??

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Misterjay wrote: »
    I also just got my pass letter for the medical this morning. :)

I had to clarify some points for my vetting a few weeks ago so I'm assuming we are just waiting on the merit list coming out to see if we stand a chance.

Good luck with what will probably be another long wait.

Ref the long wait - has anybody annoyed Deloitte or Recruiting re the merit list or feedback?

Hi mate

I bothered Deloitte a week or two back and got a very guarded response - wouldn't confirm when AC feedback is out just that 'it will be issued in line with our original timescales'.

If anybody is keen they could call recruitment but I'm sure you'd get the same response:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sassanoodle

Hi

Got a ltr this morning to say that due to a delay with the ac feedback they wont be able to provide this until Jan 2010!!

I have no idea what this means regarding our merit scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Hi

Got a ltr this morning to say that due to a delay with the ac feedback they wont be able to provide this until Jan 2010!!

I have no idea what this means regarding our merit scores.

Sassanoodle , please , please ...... in fact Pretty please ... tell us that you're not serious . Please tell me that another 2-3 months waiting has not just been tacked on to this process !

sorry to say I am totally serious. Iam very shocked because they seemed to be incontrol of everything, until now.

Its really annoying because as you said another three mths added on to this. I dont know what way this affects our merit scores, I wonder if they are out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

But may be being positive, it won't effect the merit scores. They obviously have them because of the appointments they have have already made. Wishful thinking?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

sorry to say I am totally serious. Iam very shocked because they seemed to be incontrol of everything, until now.

Its really annoying because as you said another three mths added on to this. I dont know what way this affects our merit scores, I wonder if they are out?

I rang recruitment as I got the same letter today and the scores are still not available, they are still hoping for November but cannot say when they will be allowed to release them!

I rang recruitment as I got the same letter today and the scores are still not available, they are still hoping for November but cannot say when they will be allowed to release them!

Thanks MrsMikeLowrey for ringing them. At least we know that the merit list will still be out this month!!

Appreciate your post. They have to have the merit list already in place if they have already offered places to people from C15.

Furthermore, if there is to be a Jan intake they would need to be making the calls the end of this month to allow people to give one months notice. And they cannot do that without the merit list being finalised.

Wishful thinking I know. Fingers crossed as I really don't fancy having to wait until after Christmas to even know if I have any chance of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Believe that one when I see it.....they've been using that line since mid September.....'a few more weeks yet':mad:

I am begging on my knees....please....please....please...recruitment people please put us out of our misery....Deloitte have messed things up but you guys have a chance to be the heros and rise like a Phoenix of hope from the ashes of despair:D

Please let us know our merit numbers....pppllllleeeaassseeeeeeeeeee.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

I got the same letter too, but calls for Jan will still have to go out this month.

Looks like Recruitment will bee getting hassled over the next few weeks!!

The merit lit must be ready as some C15ers
    have already started!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

at work,haven't been home yet, so who is this letter from? recruit or del?
    hoping to have feedback from ac's in nov? is that a line or a real situation?
    how could c15ers be appointed already then?

letter is from delloites.

i agree the merit list must be in place, maybe they dont want to give a date because they know that they would be flooded with calls.:rolleyes:

Just home, no letter. Mind you, that means nothing, or may be it does ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

ok, got the letter,
    says that del are hoping to have "feedback" out by jan,
    they are experienceing delays, no mention of merit list, does the merit list come from psni?
    somebody has a merit list,(ref c15ers offered places), so this should still be available in line with the schedule proposed. If not, why not?
    Not really worried about feedback at this stage, surely what is done is done, your score is your score now!

As for del, they state at the bottom of their letter, "they have no further info at this time?" does that mean they don't no why they are experienceing delays? under staffed?! 1st time round with psni recruitment?! swine flu?! psni haven't paid their bill due to budget cuts?! or they don't know what psni's position is with future intakes? i'm not saying we should speculate as to why this is happening, but if del want to avoid phone calls, they should of offered some sort of reason, that letter just wants to make me call them!

rambled on a bit there, sorry about that!

Rambling on? You'll be repeating yourself next! Sorry, it's just all this excitement is making me go a bit crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

Merit list numbers come from PSNI - Deloitte made it clear during the process that they are no longer involved following assessment centre.

I phoned PSNI yesterday and got a really helpful girl, who said they are not allowed to release merit list at present, but hope to some time this month. There is therefore no question that the merit list has been compiled, but for some reason they just aren't telling us where we are on it!

It is frusatrating, and calls in to question a "fair and transparent" process, particularly in light of the fact that some people have got start dates from C15, but I guess we just have to hope that the merit list will be out at some stage this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Got my Deloitte letter this morning , gives very little information other than feedback is delayed and they '' hope '' to be able to give us feedback by the end of January !
    In fairness to Deloitte I have found them throughout this process to be very professional and ' on the ball ' which makes this delay all the more surprising .

delancey42 wrote: »
    Got my Deloitte letter this morning , gives very little information other than feedback is delayed and they '' hope '' to be able to give us feedback by the end of January !
    In fairness to Deloitte I have found them throughout this process to be very professional and ' on the ball ' which makes this delay all the more surprising .

I'm with you on that. Also got a letter stating the same. I'm pretty confident now though that the merit list will be still be issued in Nov as per the original timelines.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

Recieved the letter just hope PSNI do the right thing and put us out of our misery and send out the merit list soon.

Advertisement