Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

once medical and vetting stages are done and pass there is nothing else to do but sit and wait! Get comfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patientlywaitin

Can anyone help, I have split with my partner after sending my vetting away so I need to contact them. How do I do this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Can anyone help, I have split with my partner after sending my vetting away so I need to contact them. How do I do this?
    Thanks

Ring the main switchboard and ask to be put through to Vetting.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

once medical and vetting stages are done and pass there is nothing else to do but sit and wait! Get comfortable!

Lets hope this month is lucky for us eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

Lets hope this month is lucky for us eh??

Too right! I'm definately ready for the call! They must be getting close to us now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thompson11

Hi guys do any of you's know if there is gonna be an April and may intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

do you think with the policing powers being transfered to stormont will affect recruitment in the psni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

do you think with the policing powers being transfered to stormont will affect recruitment in the psni?

yes I would safely say so, it wont affect this years campaign but there will prob be changes for the future recruitment drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 .snowy.

psni wrote: »
    So you've done everything and now you're just waiting. Pull up a seat and hope they don't leave you waiting too long! You'll be in good company.

Waiting can vary. I applied in July 2007, had my exam about a month after the closure of the campaign. Then had second assessment early September. Medical at Halloween, got the call to start in January '08 early December. Some of the people I started with took several attempts and few years.

You can ring up and ask what number you are in the merit list too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

Is anyone else going mad with waiting? My vetting is cleared after 2 and a half years and my medical is cleared too. Whew! I have to say its been very tough! Anybody else out there feeling the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Stoic , you certainly live up to your name ! Thanks for posting your experience here - it illustrates perfectly just how long vetting may take.

Ah Delancey,
    I am sure you must have seen it all on here. It sure has been an experience let me tell you. I have been doing all that I can to try and leave the prospect of a job in the PSNI on and back burner and just get on with my life in the mean time. Its not easy and I have been reletively unsuccessful! hehe. Once you have you heart set on something, its tough to rein it in and tread water. But its given me lots of time to think, read, study and mature! Not to mention do a bit of physical training too. I'll be watching this site pretty close over the next while I am very sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

Is anyone else going mad with waiting? My vetting is cleared after 2 and a half years and my medical is cleared too. Whew! I have to say its been very tough! Anybody else out there feeling the same way?

i think i'm the new you!

Well at least we are in good company. I think our wait should be over soon. What do you think? We just gotta be cool.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Is this seat free? Good. Looks like I am in the waiting room and I am glad to have a comfy seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭psnaye2023

2021 Bump

Advertisement