Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options
  • 14-06-2008 2:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So you've done everything and now you're just waiting. Pull up a seat and hope they don't leave you waiting too long! You'll be in good company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Hi, I know i've written about this a few times but I was wondering if PSNI could tell me why my merit number may have dropped by over 50 places since the first time I checked? I can't understand it unless it is to do with medical and vetting cos I thought it was based on ac score

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I really have no clue to be honest. You would need to talk to Consensia directly and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Hi guys & gals. Just gona sit in here and take it easy until i get that long awaited call. Anyone for a chat....

wanalaugh

I was really hopin to get that call last week. Theres still maybe time to get it next week. Im just hopin it takes a few days to do all the calls. If not, its another 4 week+ wait. Whats ur thoughts psni?

wanalaugh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'd love for you to get the call. They try to give between 4-6 weeks notice so people can prepare themselves. You just never know what way it's going to go. When people drop out or defer, the people on the reserve list don't even get that long!
    Wanalaugh wrote: »
    I was really hopin to get that call last week. Theres still maybe time to get it next week. Im just hopin it takes a few days to do all the calls. If not, its another 4 week+ wait. Whats ur thoughts psni?

wanalaugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Didnt realise the old thread was being split up, I kind of liked reading everyones stories at the one time.

Well guess this is the only place I will be posting from now on, ring ring soon phone, please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jonesville

I shall be keeping an eye upon this thread too.

had a missed call from a withheld number today, nearly got me going but then i thought probably off on a saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

Roll on tommorrow people another day of waiting and being stuck to the phone.Fingers crossed

Anyone know how long it takes to get the calls out? Will they be doing it all this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi

Hope you hear word tomorrow mate. I am going for my medical in the morning so hopefully fill ya all in when i get back.

All this training and not drinking my wine on sat night has made me lose 5 Lbs. Happy days!

Chat tomorrow

Alan

• Advertisement

i will be a nervous wreck by the end of the week waiting on a call :D

Good luck for tomorrow, and good going shaving off an extra few pounds, should be a bit of help, although saying that I was worried about my BMI since im heavy from bodybuilding but she measured my height at nearly 6ft 4 and weight at 14 stone 4 lbs. Im only 6ft 1 and 15 stone:p

Hope all goes well Alan...best of luck

everyone else..hope we get that call. Keep'us posted.

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Best of luck to all you waiting on a start date, this week may be your week ;)

To help you pass the time:p, have a wee look at this. It's a report from the bbc I found when I was surfing, it shows in and around the training college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Hey folks. Just to let you know I'm still here. Good luck to all those awaiting calls ;)

I think there is something wrong with my phone it hasnt rang yet lol:rolleyes:

My phone rang with an unavailable number, i heard people talkin like in an office but no one spoke to me aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lady_vi

PSNI I love the waiting room! You split the boards really well.

lady_vi wrote: »
    PSNI I love the waiting room! You split the boards really well.

*shock* What's this? Someone SUPPORTING my hard work?

(thanks!)

Heard nothing either. I wonder how long it will take to ring everyone, does anyone know?

I can't see myself getting a call anytime soon, have a bad feeling about it.

Hi

Just to let yas all know, I am now a member of this thread 'the waiting room' lol.
    Did the med and all went well, He said well done your fit for duty.
    So said he would send the report to whoever and then it's down to them. Such a relief.

Cheers everyone for the support, Was much needed and very much appreciated.

• Advertisement

congrats Alan. Now you can take it easy .... :rolleyes: or not

congrats Alan. Now you can take it easy .... :rolleyes: or not

Cheers gcbc

Went on shopping spree straight afterwards to celebrate.
    Then went to my fitness trainer and he took the smile of my face lol. Just had nice hot bath in a ton of salts to recuperate.

No word on any phone call ?

Hope you dont give yourself some kind of bad luck jinx by getting stuff for police training.

No call today, had the phone glued to me all day.

This is the worst part of the process by a mile. :(

Well true but hope the wait aint that long.
    Shouldn't scud myself hopefully ....below 50 in merit and of rc desent!

I have prob scud myself in saying that now lol.
    Father in law was talking to someone in the police recruitment and he said that aug intake is not complete so fingers crossed for ya.

You know what I forgot your background and score there for a while.

You are definitely getting in, so forget what I said about the jinx.

I aint holding out too much hope for this time but you never know how things will go

You know what I forgot your background and score there for a while.

You are definitely getting in, so forget what I said about the jinx.

I ain't holding out too much hope for this time but you never know how things will go

Think positive gc, I know it's hard that you maybe don't want to get your hopes up but I do believe in staying positive - If it's meant to be then it will happen. You have put a lot of time and effort into this and I do think you will be rewarded for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hols82

congratulations alan all that blood sweat and tears paid off im sure you will get in now....i called vetting today after 5 months i wished mine to have cleared and again the disaapointment on my face is untrue still ongoing is ringing in my ears..this rate it will be another 5 months before i hear anything. least i got the c14 ac soon to keep me from going insane.

good luck to everyone still waiting
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Welcome to the waiting room, pull up a seat ... a comfy one :D Nah, seriously hope you get the call soon. You say you're RC and below 50, I swear I thought you were under 40 years old (joking:p) Well done chap.

Good one Alan. Its good to hear good news on here.

Its also good to know that not all the calls have went out yet GCBC.

wanalaugh

• Advertisement

Its very quiet in here today :rolleyes:

Advertisement