Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcb2009

Just called and I'm in the 180's. I don't really know what this means in terms of starting though if they're still placing people from the last 2 campaigns...Can anyone shed some light? How many people roughly go into each intake?

By the way, she sounded a little cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Russler wrote: »
    Just got my score between 60 and 80:D holy crap batman!

I'm a non so hopefully I'll get a call fin the next few months:D:D:D:D

Well done you. Just called myself. In the 140s. She could not give any more info out.

The wait continues. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Misterjay wrote: »
    Well done you. Just called myself. In the 140s. She could not give any more info out.

The wait continues. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done yerself mate....I tell you what....I never dreamt this one up.;)

I feel like a massive anvil has just been lifted off my chest.....thank the lord above that we now know were we sit with the merit scores.

I;ve heard people say that their is no point contacting vetting as they don't confirm anything but how d'you recon we'll know when vetting is passed:confused:

Well done yerself mate....I tell you what....I never dreamt this one up.;)

I feel like a massive anvil has just been lifted off my chest.....thank the lord above that we now know were we sit with the merit scores.

I;ve heard people say that their is no point contacting vetting as they don't confirm anything but how d'you recon we'll know when vetting is passed:confused:

I guess we will not know until we get the call.

Ref your dream - The bus to GV is almost at your door! :D

I guess we will not know until we get the call.

Ref your dream - The bus to GV is almost at your door! :D

Hopefully we'll all be getting aboard the good ship Garnerville a.s.a.p. :D

• Advertisement

Hopefully we'll all be getting aboard the good ship Garnerville a.s.a.p. :D

Here's hoping. A few beers this evening I reckon in presumptious celebration.

Here's hoping. A few beers this evening I reckon in presumptious celebration.

I think we all deserve it:D

Suppose the waiting is good training for the job....all those stakeouts sitting in a car all night drinking stale coffee and wolfing down sticky buns:rolleyes:

I shall be 'getting rote off' as the good citizens of Norn Iron would say on a Saturday night in Shaftsbury square!!

I think we all deserve it:D

Suppose the waiting is good training for the job....all those stakeouts sitting in a car all night drinking stale coffee and sticky buns:rolleyes:

I shall be 'getting rote off' as the good citizens of Norn Iron would say on a Saturday night in Shaftsbury square!!

Ere's me I turned round an said till my da - tell our Chardonnay I gat my score for the caps lick and it wasny too bad lick. Sweet!

Right I need to stop smiling in work now. They think I just have the normal Friday feeling! Enjoy the few scoops!

Ere's me I turned round an said till my da - tell our Chardonnay I gat my score for the caps lick and it wasny too bad lick. Sweet!

Right I need to stop smiling in work now. They think I just have the normal Friday feeling! Enjoy the few scoops!

That's how they do it Norn Iron stylie:D

I can't get in contact with my wife and don't want to tell anyone in work before telling her....I look like a deranged hyena at this precise moment in time:eek:

Here bees me I gat tha call ann I'm gonna be a peeler leek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kazo

I rang yer woman leek an she said dead on big girl yer in the 140's. I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy! Non Rc, passed the lat, med and vettin leek, so hurry up bus
    (I am actually from Cherryvalley)

• Advertisement

kazo wrote: »
    I rang yer woman leek an she said dead on big girl yer in the 140's. I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy! Non Rc, passed the lat, med and vettin leek, so hurry up bus

With all this Norn Iron spake PSNI will be having a fit. Queens (or Mrs Windsor!!) English only on this forum don't you know.

How do you know your vetting has been passed? That's the last piece of the puzzle now and I'd love to know I was on the home straight too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭poppysox

Called and got my merit score! :eek:! Nearly fell off my friggin chair when she told me.

Well done! That is flamin brill. You must be cock a hoop. I wonder when the next set of calls'll go out?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

They advise not to give out exact merit scores but my god man poppysox you deserve a big congrats for that one from all within :cool:. Very very nicely done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Nice one poppysox. You will definetly get a call soon!! As a matter of interest when did you do your assessment centre?

Thanks very much, I would have been pleased with anything below 500 to be honest.

Oops they never told me to not give out my exact score :o

Whats a cock a hoop?

I think someone posted a few days ago that it would be approx 4 weeks.

Cock a hoop just means you are over the moon. Honestly, you young people.........:P;)

Nice one poppysox. You will definetly get a call soon!! As a matter of interest when did you do your assessment centre?

I did it at the end of June

Cock a hoop just means you are over the moon. Honestly, you young people.........:P;)

lol oh right, I'm from the sticks though so we're only catching up now :D yeah I'm thrilled. I keep thinking she's going to ring me back and say 'only joking hahaha'.....

• Advertisement

Well for those of us who did not too bad, Friday the 13th was pretty lucky:D
    Just hoping there are enough candidates from both sides of the community so that the full quota ie 400 plus, can be recruited

yeah Friday the 13th is turning out to be pretty lucky for me, I actually passed my driving test on a Friday the 13th......maybe I'll play the euromillions 2nite :D

Well for those of us who did not too bad, Friday the 13th was pretty lucky:D
    Just hoping there are enough candidates from both sides of the community so that the full quota ie 400 plus, can be recruited

What happens if there isn't enough from both sides?

My understanding is, say 100 Rc candidates are sucessful, then 100 non RC candidates will go through as well. Even if there are 4000 other non RCs ready to go, only 100 will be recruited because of the 50/50 rule. I know it seems unfair but that's what we all signed up to when we applied all those months ago!:(

My understanding is, say 100 Rc candidates are sucessful, then 100 non RC candidates will go through as well. Even if there are 4000 other non RCs ready to go, only 100 will be recruited because of the 50/50 rule. I know it seems unfair but that's what we all signed up to when we applied all those months ago!:(

awk I think it'll be ok, 10000 people applied, I'd like to think that out of 10000 people there are at least 220 non rc and 220 rc that would qualify

I'd say you'd be ok!!!!!

I'm hoping the same will apply to me (140s)

I'd say you'd be ok!!!!!

I'm hoping the same will apply to me (140s)

I'd be sooooo happy with 140's!!! Had you done the assessment centre before?

I'm cock a hoop too;)
    Yea I did the assesment centre once before
    Hopefully this is my year, fingers and all else crossed

You should be safe enough with 140's, I'd say it will be your year.

That was the 1st I'd done it, talk about stressed!! :(

• Advertisement

By george that was some score for a firstie!!
    I'm away for my tea. Take care;):)

Advertisement