Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle/ Northwood/ Crunch/ Other Gym Membership Offers Go Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 scumfrog

€250 thats all you pay, good deal innit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

New gym open above Kilbarrack Shopping Center called Unique Physique

Pay as you go 15 euro per week,

Small enough place but had all I needed, Won't suit everybody but handy if you're local or are not going to gym everyweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Strulf

Thanks scumfrog, i'm a member now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Does anyone know if I can transfer membership in Northwood?.

I've six months left on my membership, I hate the kip & planning on returning to TotalFitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just to let you's know I think Northwood is back up to €295, was in today and all the promotional signs are gone and overheard the girl telling somebody on the phone membership is that price!

I joined friday! Just in time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

anyone know why? went there at 7pm and everything was shut.....lots of others turned up also and were as confused as I was as to why....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Hi PirateShampoo, all of Ben Dunnes gyms were closed today. I believe they will re-open tomorrow. G'em posted this information yesterday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055585437

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Does anyone know if I can transfer membership in Northwood?.

I've six months left on my membership, I hate the kip & planning on returning to TotalFitness.

Give ya a hundred for the 6months if its possible to exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Temporary Dub

Any youths aged 16-21 in the Laois area can join either the new public leisure centre in Portlaoise or Portarlington for 60 euro for 3 months

This includes gym and swimming facilities.

Pretty good, once you go 10 times over the summer you will have saved money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Just to let you's know I think Northwood is back up to €295, was in today and all the promotional signs are gone and overheard the girl telling somebody on the phone membership is that price!

I joined friday! Just in time! :D

Does anyone know if the offer of €295 is for membership as far as September 2010 or something? I could of sworn that I heard an ad on the radio during the week announcing that membership to the gyms was €295 until the end of September 2010...

Thanks

• Advertisement

The Carlisle is offering 15 months for €275. Don't know about the other two though.

Give ya a hundred for the 6months if its possible to exchange.

If it can be exchanged then sure, its yours for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

SK1979 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the offer of €295 is for membership as far as September 2010 or something? I could of sworn that I heard an ad on the radio during the week announcing that membership to the gyms was €295 until the end of September 2010...

Thanks

Yeah thats the deal on now, so it's for 15 months...here's the leaflet I got in Northwood yesterday IMG_0067.jpg

Has anyone been successful in flipping membership in Northwood?.

I understand the only way is to give 'em a medical excuse?.

I'm biting the bullet & leaving in favour of TF (Malahide Rd).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaherne

I signed up to westwood for missus and I for the full year paying in cash in full 2 weeks agoHowever i might be transfering abraod for work reasons and was told i cant get a refund but can trasnfer the membership for the year.I paid 875 each for the two memberships and would be looking for 500 each for them.PM if intrested.It was for leopardstown however the membership is valid in all 3 clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Hi

I'm rejoining crunch and was offered a half price joining fee someone else signs up with me, it'd be 50Euro each and then 64Euro a month DD, if anyones interested give me a shout before Monday!
    Otherwise I'm going to have to try convince them to still give it to me at 50..
    Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Effigy

Does anyone know other good gyms besides TF, Crunch and Westpoint in the D15 area??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Totalfitness are doin an offer at the mo, 150 euro for the rest of the year on condition that you pay 55 per month in 2010 see totalfitness.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lone_shark

Am looking at joining Carlisle in Kimmage over the next week,does anybody know of there are any special offers or deals on at the moment,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Effigy wrote: »
    Does anyone know other good gyms besides TF, Crunch and Westpoint in the D15 area??

Two other's that spring to mind are Coolmine and the NAC (National Aquatic Centre) - Haven't been in either for a few years so not sure on what they are like at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DaWozzMan

Hey Lone_Shark,

I am looking to join Carlisle over the next day or so.

you can mail me on dawozzman (at) yahoo . ie

Should be able to get a discount for joining in a group

lone_shark wrote: »
    Am looking at joining Carlisle in Kimmage
    DaWozzMan wrote: »
    I am looking to join Carlisle over the next day or so.

Guys, as far as I'm aware, the Carlisle are not doing group deals anymore. It's €295 for 15 months membership. Ring them in case I'm wrong, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lone_shark

Guys, as far as I'm aware, the Carlisle are not doing group deals anymore. It's €295 for 15 months membership. Ring them in case I'm wrong, of course.

Your right,rang them yesterday,they are doing the 18 month deal which is pretty good,thanks anyways DaWozzMan

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DaWozzMan

Yup just rang them there.

Offer was €295 for 18 whole months(78 wks) to the end of Jan 2011.

Pretty darn good esp as I know I would be using the swimming pool at least twice a week or over 150 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Anyone know if Crunch Temple Bar are doing any special offers at the mo? I know normally their membership is like 660 for the year...which seems unthinkable given that Northwood etc are doing deals @ 295!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Anyone know if Crunch Temple Bar are doing any special offers at the mo? I know normally their membership is like 660 for the year...which seems unthinkable given that Northwood etc are doing deals @ 295!!

Just called into Northwood today. They're doing a deal to end of July for €200 per person for a year, or €500 for 3 people. I'm very tempted. Seems excellent value. Facilities look good too.

Does anyone have experience of Northwood? Is it very busy? Do you ever have to wait on machines / free weights? Is the swimming pool ever very busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

figs wrote: »
    Just called into Northwood today. They're doing a deal to end of July for €200 per person for a year, or €500 for 3 people. I'm very tempted. Seems excellent value. Facilities look good too.

Does anyone have experience of Northwood? Is it very busy? Do you ever have to wait on machines / free weights? Is the swimming pool ever very busy?

Hey - I'm looking to join there, count me in for that deal, I may have one more to sign up too

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Hey - I'm looking to join there, count me in for that deal, I may have one more to sign up too

PM'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭retenzo12

if anyone else is short for a trio for northwood i be interested too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

gaherne wrote: »
    I signed up to westwood for missus and I for the full year paying in cash in full 2 weeks agoHowever i might be transfering abraod for work reasons and was told i cant get a refund but can trasnfer the membership for the year.I paid 875 each for the two memberships and would be looking for 500 each for them.PM if intrested.It was for leopardstown however the membership is valid in all 3 clubs.

Hi Gaherne

I'm interested in your Westwood memberships, but as a new Boards member I can't PM you.

Can you PM me with your email address or phone number if you're still selling?

Thanks

T

Advertisement