Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Starlight I know how you're feeling. In this day and age when you break up with someone and break contact there's still ways of seeing what they're up to like Bebo.

With me, I haven't deleted my recent ex from my Bebo because I think it'd be a petty thing to do (in my situation, not necessarily yours) but I won't let myself look at his either. I don't want to know what he's up to, none of my business anyway because we're not together anymore but I just find it a lot easier not to go near his page. It's there but I won't look at it. Now if that's too difficult for you to do maybe you should delete your ex boyfriend's page. Constantly looking at it and reading in to every little thing WILL wreck your head. So delete it if you have to. If you're strong enough to keep it there without looking at it then do that. Whatever you think you can deal with best.

As for meeting someone new, you will don't worry, you're only 22, I know you liked him a lot but he obviously wasn't meant for you. Go out with your mates and have fun. You might meet someone this weekend or you might not meet someone for years, but he wasn't right for you. Now it's time for you to move on from him, your special person is out there and you'll look back and smile at this in years to come and barely remember his name. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've had a stalker, a posessive nutter and a dirty cheat

I think if I started then I'd never stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ladies,
    at one o clock today my boyfriend finally gets in touch with me. yesterday he had a very busy day in work and was in bits. so didn't hear from him much. i sent him the odd txt during the day about different things and during the night and not a word from him. and i sent one or two txt's this monring and still nothing till now.

he was out with him mates drinking last night after a very hard day. now usually when he has a hard day he is only fit for bed not out for drinks with his mates. so he could go out with his mates but not send an odd txt back to me. im seriously pissed off with him and ive pretty much told him. and it's hte first time ive been able to be pissed at him and tell him.

AND NOW he is only reading the txt THIS VERY MINUTE!!

what the hell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hey girl
    chill out the man had a hard day and went on the beer. When a man tells a women he's had a hard day it means he's had a hard day, he's going for pints and would prefare not to be disturbed. So what if he didn't answer his phone. If you can't trust him or you cant handle him going out without you that's your problem not his.
    Do the chap a favour and let him on. Surly if you loved him you could let him go. He sound like a great partner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I reckon you owe him a big apology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

heh guys im so relaxed bout what he does always. this is the first time im a bit pissed. he knows i never ever get like this. we all ready made up. i can never be mad at him for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You should make him a nice steak dinner and apologize for being so over bearing and possessive, that poor poor man.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Men need to chill out sometimes. Hed had people on at him all day, probably, and just needed to go out and just look after himself without being responsible for you or anyone else. Its normal. It doesnt mean he doesnt love you.... he just needed me time!

And texts are the worst invention for the frustration they cause. You send one. And sit. And tap your fingers. And think youre being ignored. And it builds in your head, while the recipient is getting on with things blissfully unaware.

Give the man a break (and a hug)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

sorry Mollybird i know us girls are suppsoed to stick together but i would kind of have to agree with the boys. i would send a Text but if i didnt get a reply i'd leave it at that and not get any way slightly obsessive (Sorry)
    maybe i mjust not one of those Girls...

Let him sweat!! he'l eventually give in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

You really should draw up a list of things you can do to try to make up for your awful behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mollybird wrote: »
    AND NOW he is only reading the txt THIS VERY MINUTE!

Well, if he's only reading them now, how was he to know you were trying to get in contact?
    If you want to talk to someone, call them up!

Pull that leash much tighter and he won't stick around long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

azezil wrote: »
    You should make him a nice steak dinner and apologize for being so over bearing and possessive, that poor poor man.

i hope by steak dinner your implying blowjob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I have to agree with everyone else here Molly, he just went for a few drinks after work to wind down, maybe the reason he's only reading the messages today is because he knows you have the read report tingumajig activated on you phone and if he'd have read them last night you'd have known when and expected him to ring and he probably just wanted a night with his friends without having to make excuses or explain himself. As someone else said he just wanted some "me" time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Zing, I had an x who got pissed off when I did something similar to the OP's bf, she finally sent me a message saying she was "late" after I had not replied to her messages for the day.

I drunkenly replied: "oh crapola, how late?"

Reply: "So you were ignoring me?"

Chill Molly....he won't stay around for long if you act like that, nothing worse to a guy than a girlfriend that freaks out at a little thing like that....no offence but give the boy a break. He needed a night to himself with his mates, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Sorry Molly...you're getting a bit of a roasting here :( Just apologise and tell him you were worried about him ;) I don't get the whole I'll send another txt even though he hasn't reply to the last?? So off-putting when men do it as well...patience!!

Yeah patience is your friend Molly....I know it's really annoying when you send a text and don't hear back for ages, it's very tempting to send another one but don't, you'll wreck both your heads.

Hope ye got it sorted anyway but just have patience and let him have his time to himself when he wants it, we all need it sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hey, Mollybird. I know it's crap when you're sitting at home and they don't text back. I used to get so worked up about it in my last relationship. The thing is. It's only harming yourself. He's relaxed and you're getting himself worked up. He probably just needed an uncomplicated evening with his mates and didn't think to text. It's thoughtlessness more then anything else.

It doesn't annoy me with my current bf though when he's off and doesn't text. I know it just doesn't occur to him. I've got older and mellowed out a lot as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Jeez you wouldn't want to depend on me to reply to txt message....I might read it then forget to reply. Most people who know me just call me.

Like somone said....'Im tired' is just nice way of saying I am going for few beers with the lads....just going to chill out...dont want to bother with replying to txt...emails...calls etc

I leave my mobile at home when I go out, its just a nuisance.
    I worked for a company who banned internal emails on a Tuesday, changed email policy. They basiclly wanted to people to either pick up the phone or walk round to colleague and talk. They made a strict policy that email was not to be used for urgent items. You could follow up conversation with email...it stopped people saying 'well I emailed you about it'. Same as 'well I txt you'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Mylow wrote: »
    Jeez you wouldn't want to depend on me to reply to txt message....I might read it then forget to reply. Most people who know me just call me.

This is my classic move I think I better reply to that right after I finish this phone goes in pocket five minutes later eh what was i supposed to do:confused:

Phone calls FTW

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Rob_l wrote: »

Phone calls FTW
    +1

Texts have their uses. Theyre good for 'Happy New Year' or 'Ill be 10 mins late'. But not to convey any type of emotion or an urgent request! Pick up the phone.

Theyre also quite good for making promises of an *ahem* intimate nature. Nothing like a text during a meeting which promises allsorts later. But thats just fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Hmm i dunno it depends what youre used to. Like if i didnt hear from my bf for a whole day there probably WOULD be something wrong, because we usually talk online/on the phone/text at some point during the day. but if i hed been busy all day he'd give me a quick ring before he went out just to say hi & he was off out cause he needed a drink.

although id probably be more worried than angry about it all. i think it might depend on what youre used to. if youre a couple that goes a day or so without contact then its no big deal, if you usually make an effort to speak then it would be strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

It was my daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday and her daddy dearest brought her up a bag of 2nd hand teddy bears(he did not even bother putting them in a washing machine to clean them) that what he thought of her the tight bastard! Bloody hell like he is totally un real in every sence!
    sorry but i had to get that off my chest !

gcgirl wrote: »
    It was my daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday and her daddy dearest brought her up a bag of 2nd hand teddy bears(he did not even bother putting them in a washing machine to clean them) that what he thought of her the tight bastard! Bloody hell like he is totally un real in every sence!
    sorry but i had to get that off my chest !

That's horrible but the truth is some people just don't give a toss, if he doesn't see her regularly (ie daily basis) then it's easier for him to distants himself and then the actions he takes are done more out of obligation than love. Hope she still had a good day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Baudelaire wrote: »
    That's horrible but the truth is some people just don't give a toss, if he doesn't see her regularly (ie daily basis) then it's easier for him to distants himself and then the actions he takes are done more out of obligation than love. Hope she still had a good day :)

Yep she had a small party with her big bro and big sis and had a great time it just pisses me off the way he treats his kids and the irony of it all is he is dragging me in to court so he can get guardianship! total joke ! he only uses the kids as a tax credit !:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I reckon you owe him a big apology.

+1 - i hate being hounded by text messages when i am busy or out with my mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

/takes off Mod hat, body armour and slings fitness nazi persona aside.

I'm so ploopy right now it's not even funny. My ploopiness stems not from my relationship but the difficulty we're having sustaining it. Long story short: my bf and I met last summer in Africa. Our first date was snorkelling in Zanzibar, and for three weeks our subsequent dates were spent riding on horseback alongside zebra herds in Zimbabwe, listening to hippo calls under the stars on a river boat in Zambia and bartering for wooden crafts in Malawi. Rosemantic huh :o?

Even though he's Australian and living in Scotland, we decided to give the relationship a go and we've spent the last 6 months taking it in turns to go back and forth to see each other on alternate weekends, and we're flying to Oz for his sisters' wedding in two weeks time. So far so good, it's been hard but we've kept ourselves going knowing having decided he was going to move here after we returned from the trip back (to his) home.

Of course that was until his visa appliaction was refused :( When they say the working holiday visa is for 18-30 year olds, what they really mean is 18-29 year olds. He's 30 and was refused on his age. So now our only option is a work permit, but we're struggling to find contacts to get him sponsored (he's a carpenter/ cabinet maker) plus I'm not even sure if that's an eligible occupation?

The whole commuting between Dublin/ Edinburgh thing is really beginning to take its toll on us now that we don't know what's going to happen when his UK visa runs out in June. He wouldn’t be the most talkative person on the phone (a bit of a major minus when you only see each other for 2 days out of every 14) so it means that when we see each other in person we tend to have to spend some time airing niggly little things that weren’t discussed for two weeks, and the most minor mishaps and arguments get blown way out of proportion (we made the mistake of going clothes shopping last Saturday. I should know from experience that men + traipsing around the shops + having to get the perfect outfit for the wedding = trouble; only metrosexual/gay men like shopping, and that’s a fact!!!). It’s never anything major, but somehow when it gets left for a few days the teeniest tiniest molehills become Everest-like? There’s no fault on either side, and we’re doing the best we can, but it’s just hard. It’s been 6 months of long-distancing at this stage, and we’re getting frustrated at how little time we can spend together. When you spend two weeks apart it takes a little while to readjust to the company when you’re together. By the time we find our feet it’s time for one of us to go home again!! There’s a lot of pressure for the time we do spend together to be “perfect”, and when it inevitably isn’t it puts a big dampener on everything.

Sorry, this is turning out to be a monumentally long post. I’m just so, so frustrated. I couldn’t ask for a sweeter, more thoughtful, kinder, more loving boyfriend who makes me feel on top of the world when we’re together, so is it too much to ask that he’s allowed to live in the same country as me??!

/puts fitness nazi persona back in place. Heaven forbid they see my weak side...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

g'em wrote: »
    /I'm so ploopy right now it's not even funny. My ploopiness stems not from my relationship but the difficulty we're having sustaining it. .

I am a firm believer in what is meant to be will happen... Hang in there, You can work something ok, Get him to reapply.. Or does sponsoring work over here?

g'em wrote: »
    /takes off Mod hat, body armour and slings fitness nazi persona aside.

I'm so ploopy right now it's not even funny. My ploopiness stems not from my relationship but the difficulty we're having sustaining it. Long story short: my bf and I met last summer in Africa. Our first date was snorkelling in Zanzibar, and for three weeks our subsequent dates were spent riding on horseback alongside zebra herds in Zimbabwe, listening to hippo calls under the stars on a river boat in Zambia and bartering for wooden crafts in Malawi. Rosemantic huh :o?

Even though he's Australian and living in Scotland, we decided to give the relationship a go and we've spent the last 6 months taking it in turns to go back and forth to see each other on alternate weekends, and we're flying to Oz for his sisters' wedding in two weeks time. So far so good, it's been hard but we've kept ourselves going knowing having decided he was going to move here after we returned from the trip back (to his) home.

Of course that was until his visa appliaction was refused :( When they say the working holiday visa is for 18-30 year olds, what they really mean is 18-29 year olds. He's 30 and was refused on his age. So now our only option is a work permit, but we're struggling to find contacts to get him sponsored (he's a carpenter/ cabinet maker) plus I'm not even sure if that's an eligible occupation?

The whole commuting between Dublin/ Edinburgh thing is really beginning to take its toll on us now that we don't know what's going to happen when his UK visa runs out in June. He wouldn’t be the most talkative person on the phone (a bit of a major minus when you only see each other for 2 days out of every 14) so it means that when we see each other in person we tend to have to spend some time airing niggly little things that weren’t discussed for two weeks, and the most minor mishaps and arguments get blown way out of proportion (we made the mistake of going clothes shopping last Saturday. I should know from experience that men + traipsing around the shops + having to get the perfect outfit for the wedding = trouble; only metrosexual/gay men like shopping, and that’s a fact!!!). It’s never anything major, but somehow when it gets left for a few days the teeniest tiniest molehills become Everest-like? There’s no fault on either side, and we’re doing the best we can, but it’s just hard. It’s been 6 months of long-distancing at this stage, and we’re getting frustrated at how little time we can spend together. When you spend two weeks apart it takes a little while to readjust to the company when you’re together. By the time we find our feet it’s time for one of us to go home again!! There’s a lot of pressure for the time we do spend together to be “perfect”, and when it inevitably isn’t it puts a big dampener on everything.

Sorry, this is turning out to be a monumentally long post. I’m just so, so frustrated. I couldn’t ask for a sweeter, more thoughtful, kinder, more loving boyfriend who makes me feel on top of the world when we’re together, so is it too much to ask that he’s allowed to live in the same country as me??!

/puts fitness nazi persona back in place. Heaven forbid they see my weak side...

This may sound obvious but have you considered marriage? or is that just a no-no at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

G'em. I understand, a little bit. My bf is from NZ and luckily was sponsored to work here so could stay on after his working holiday visa ran out. I'm going to NZ with him for a year but after that.. who knows what the visa situation will be?

You have a few options.

1) Get married. Drastic I know but if you've ever spoken about this or think you will one day you could look at doing it earlier. Now obviously I'm only advocating this if you really love him and think you'll get married anyway.

2) you move to Scotland and see can he get his visa renewed there (I'm not sure from your above post whether he's trying to get sponsored there or here). In NZ (and I'm pretty sure Australia) you can get a partnership visa if you meet certain criteria. i.e. long term stable relationship, living together for a year etc. If you stay in Scotland with him for a while you could get this and go to Australia.

3) Have you gone to Australia before? Would you do what I'm doing and go for a year and then see?

Not sure if these are helpful but can't think of anything else!

Advertisement