Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I think a lot of times, Men can be quite shy when it comes to making a move...
    He sounds like a gent.

I am sure it will be worth the wait.. Nothing to worry about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

Quality wrote: »
    I think a lot of times, Men can be quite shy when it comes to making a move...
    He sounds like a gent.

I am sure it will be worth the wait.. Nothing to worry about..

ah thats a relief as i thought the same thing ... fingers crossed i don't end up in tears!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

nikki 122 wrote: »
    wow good advice the world needs more lads like you!!!

thanks! :)

as for your problem, just when you out with him, go "so when are you gonna ask me out?".

he'll do it then, some guys are just a little cautious about getting rejected. especially at that age.

aye wrote: »
    thanks! :)

as for your problem, just when you out with him, go "so when are you gonna ask me out?".

he'll do it then, some guys are just a little cautious about getting rejected. especially at that age.

god what if he said never girls don't like rejection either!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Here's another angle nikki 122. You meet up, go the flicks or whatever and he gets snogs on tap. Why should he change anything? From his point of view he has it pretty good. There's little reason for him to step it up a notch and become exclusive. He could turn around and say he's met someone else and if you haven't established where you both stand, you don't really have much recourse to blame him for looking elsewhere. I'm not saying he is looking around. Not at all, but if you really want something more permanent then state your case. He won't as he has little reason to.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

NIkki122,

Next time he tries to kiss you, you could just pull away.

He's bound to ask why. Then you can tell him you're not all that comfortable with just constantly snogging someone you're not going out with.

You're not directly saying you want to go out with him, so no fear of a shame-fest :P

And you're putting the ball directly into his court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Just an update. I've blocked Jon from accessing my profile, and I've dropped Paul as a friend, just so that Jon has no way of getting information and sent Paul an email explaining exactly why. I suppose you can call it the tallaght01 method of moving on. His number is also gone from my phone (and no, it wasn't memorized). I made sure to send Jon an email taking back my apology to him.
    Bridges burned, etc., etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

If your partner gave you a gift that for some bizzare reason he seemed to think you'd like, but in actual fact it was a bit thoughtless, tactless and it left you feeling hurt, would you tell him or would you just chalk it up to "male stupidity"

I know mine is not the biggest problem in the world and I probably should just let it go but for some reason I can't and I'm getting increasingly p****d off. I've mentioned elsewhere that my bf gave me a pair of running shoes for valentines day. A gift that's about as romantic as a dry fart. Granted I'm dieting to try and lose the bit of weight I gained after quitting smoking, and I take my dogs walking every day but outside of that I loathe sports, a fact he well knows, and I didn't need runners - I have 2 pairs at home!

I guess I feel hurt because it seems like he got the shoes just for the sake of getting me something, or else he's subtly hinting that I should move my fat a** more. I don't know, it can't be that he's actually that clueless, can it? This was our first valentines and I went to a lot of effort to make it special but now I can only associate it with feeling hurt.

The ironic thing is that he's said from day one he'd never surprise me with jewellery because he hasn't got a clue - I doubt even the gaudiest piece of costume jewellery would have bothered me as much as a f****** running shoes.

Should I just let it go, or should I somehow raise the issue with him so he knows how I feel? I don't know what to do. :(:confused::(

Oh ffs. What a load of nonsense.
    Just an update. I've blocked Jon from accessing my profile, and I've dropped Paul as a friend, just so that Jon has no way of getting information and sent Paul an email explaining exactly why. I suppose you can call it the tallaght01 method of moving on. His number is also gone from my phone (and no, it wasn't memorized). I made sure to send Jon an email taking back my apology to him.
    Bridges burned, etc., etc..

Update. We friends. Update. Not friends. Update. Dodgy atm. Update. he seen my rant. Update. i apologized. Update. I deleted him from facebook.

That whole situation sounds like its infested with people needing to grow the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Davei141 wrote: »
    Oh ffs. What a load of nonsense.

Update. We friends. Update. Not friends. Update. Dodgy atm. Update. he seen my rant. Update. i apologized. Update. I deleted him from facebook.

That whole situation sounds like its infested with people needing to grow the **** up.

Indeed, it is. That's why it's over now. Oh and I only had one update, so the update scheme you went with kind of didn't work out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Indeed, it is. That's why it's over now. Oh and I only had one update, so the update scheme you went with kind of didn't work out. :(

Don't mind him Meta, good for you, you did the right thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

delighted to hear that metaoblivia! nobody needs more stress in their lives, and i think it's well about time to move on from all the weirdness in those relatoinships :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php
    Lie dectector.

We got the powah now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, i do most of that stuff anyway. im just not generally comfortable around people.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    NIkki122,

Next time he tries to kiss you, you could just pull away.

He's bound to ask why. Then you can tell him you're not all that comfortable with just constantly snogging someone you're not going out with.

You're not directly saying you want to go out with him, so no fear of a shame-fest :P

And you're putting the ball directly into his court.

thats a good point he only said to me last night that he really likes me and he is not going to be with any one else but i don't know if i should believe him as he used to be such a player!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Here's another angle nikki 122. You meet up, go the flicks or whatever and he gets snogs on tap. Why should he change anything? From his point of view he has it pretty good. There's little reason for him to step it up a notch and become exclusive. He could turn around and say he's met someone else and if you haven't established where you both stand, you don't really have much recourse to blame him for looking elsewhere. I'm not saying he is looking around. Not at all, but if you really want something more permanent then state your case. He won't as he has little reason to.

thats fair enough I quess it's hard for the lad to always make the 1st move at least I'm getting somewhere now...thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Sorry for being harsh, its just your clearly not going to be happy with that situation. best rid.

The best way to over someone is under another!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

We've been together 2 years. he just doesnt give me hugs and kisses so much anymore. Like hardly ever. I often try to cuddle up to him but more often than not he keeps his hands to himself. I dont know whether he's lost interest or if its just coz we've been together a while now. :(:(:(

you need to reinvent the flame you once had!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

phi3 wrote: »
    We've been together 2 years. he just doesnt give me hugs and kisses so much anymore. Like hardly ever. I often try to cuddle up to him but more often than not he keeps his hands to himself. I dont know whether he's lost interest or if its just coz we've been together a while now. :(:(:(

is this the same guy who watches telly over your shoulder while you're having a smooch on the couch?? i'm thinking that this is you again, but girl you are clearly unhappy in this relationship so either talk it out with him or get out of it.

Apologies if i've gotten you confused with another poster.

• Advertisement

maple wrote: »
    is this the same guy who watches telly over your shoulder while you're having a smooch on the couch?? i'm thinking that this is you again, but girl you are clearly unhappy in this relationship so either talk it out with him or get out of it.

Apologies if i've gotten you confused with another poster.

I know but it doesnt seem worth throwing it all away for stuff like that.

I know but it doesnt seem worth throwing it all away for stuff like that.

yes but what have you actually got? what is "it all"?

from your posts you don't seem in the slightest bit happy in this relationship at all. you feel like the spark has gone but yet you lack the courage to make the break. you're only together 2 years, what will it be like in 10?

yes but what have you actually got? what is "it all"?

from your posts you don't seem in the slightest bit happy in this relationship at all. you feel like the spark has gone but yet you lack the courage to make the break. you're only together 2 years, what will it be like in 10?

Coz i like him i gess. I have no other excuse.

Coz i like him i gess. I have no other excuse.

From your other posts about your boyfriend, you're staying with him because he likes you, not the other way around. you're staying with him because if you don't, you won't get any love and affection at all. Your words, not mine.

The boy has said that he loves you but sometimes he thinks only as a friend.

You're not happy in this relationship at all from what I can see. You're putting up with stuff.

Its no way to live your life, from your posts you've said that you have "other stuff" going on in your life. Maybe you ought to focus on the other stuff and get all that sorted out and get yourself happy before you can think about a relationship.

You're obviously unfulfilled and life is way too short.

From your other posts about your boyfriend, you're staying with him because he likes you, not the other way around. you're staying with him because if you don't, you won't get any love and affection at all. Your words, not mine.

The boy has said that he loves you but sometimes he thinks only as a friend.

You're not happy in this relationship at all from what I can see. You're putting up with stuff.

Its no way to live your life, from your posts you've said that you have "other stuff" going on in your life. Maybe you ought to focus on the other stuff and get all that sorted out and get yourself happy before you can think about a relationship.

You're obviously unfulfilled and life is way too short.

I dont think i ever said im staying with him coz he loves me coz im not convinced that he does. Yes my life is unfullfilled but thats not his fault. We understand eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Phi3

I think you have got to that "comfort zone"..

Do you try to make efforts yourself, I think what Nikki said earlier is a good point, try and relight the fire...

Get yourself some kinky gear and set the mood, See how that works?!?;)

I dont think i ever said im staying with him coz he loves me coz im not convinced that he does. Yes my life is unfullfilled but thats not his fault. We understand eachother.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213385&page=3

post 41. You said it. If I leave him i'll get no love and attention at all. Read the thread girl, its the same stuff 8 weeks later.

Not to be patronising but you're 23. You've a lifetime ahead of you. If you're unfulfilled do something about changing it. Why are you settling? You're not even sure if he loves you. Do you not think that you deserve someone who does love you?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213385&page=3

post 41. You said it. If I leave him i'll get no love and attention at all. Read the thread girl, its the same stuff 8 weeks later.

Not to be patronising but you're 23. You've a lifetime ahead of you. If you're unfulfilled do something about changing it. Why are you settling? You're not even sure if he loves you. Do you not think that you deserve someone who does love you?

No im not sure i do deserve it and i also know it'll never happen.

sorry to interupt, but i really think you need someone to make you feel amazing so if i were you i would talk it out first because you never know he might think the same thing, but if he is not bothered then leave it and find someone new!

• Advertisement

No im not sure i do deserve it and i also know it'll never happen.

Crap. Utter sh1te. Tripe. Rubbish. How many ways can I say it?

Although I do know that it won't happen if you stay with someone who doesn't fulfill you at all. You're missing out on someone who could.

What on earth have you done that makes you think you don't deserve it? Thats utter sh1te imo, negative defeatist sh1te.

Advertisement