Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Cathooo wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: OMG! I assume he's well out of the picture now? He sounds scary!

That was 2 years ago, we're actually on speaking terms now. I slag him about it and he says he has seen the error of his ways! :rolleyes:

I really hope he has though, for the sake of who ever he may end up with!

I am now going out with my current bf nearly 2 years, and thankfully he isnt showing any signs of strangeness!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

lmao! i know a guy who, after 2 days in lanzarote, meeting my friend there, told her he loved her. she was not into him as anymore than a friend, and he later flew over to ireland from england to hang out 'as friends'. apparently had something going on with some chick in cork, and flew in to see her a coupla months later, but ended up in dublin, told my mate the chick he had been seeing was 'moving too fast'... told him she loved him after about a month or something... we lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Cathooo wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: OMG! I assume he's well out of the picture now? He sounds scary!
    narco wrote: »
    lmao! i know a guy who, after 2 days in lanzarote, meeting my friend there, told her he loved her. she was not into him as anymore than a friend, and he later flew over to ireland from england to hang out 'as friends'. apparently had something going on with some chick in cork, and flew in to see her a coupla months later, but ended up in dublin, told my mate the chick he had been seeing was 'moving too fast'... told him she loved him after about a month or something... we lol'd.

:confused::rolleyes:

Now that is weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

catyb20 wrote: »
    2 years ago i broke up with a boyfriend of 4 years....

It was really hard to do, but he just got too clingy and protective, especially when i started college ( i got around 10 calls a day to see what i was at) and loads of texts.

It got to the stage that when i didnt text back after 10 mins i got a text to say i have 20e on my phone so have no excuses not to text back! :confused::eek:

Anyway, broke up with him, and it was the hardest break up! I was on the worst guilt trip!

But what does he do?

He could'nt get mad or start crying or whatever, instead he goes and asks me to marry him! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I said no and thought nothing could be worse than that, but it turns out it got much worse, he went and bought a ring (after me saying no) and asked me again!

Ah God in a little way you have to feel sorry for him though, he was infatuated with you....scary times for you though, good thing it's all good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh lord, i could go on and on about all the stupid ex#s i've had, but i'll keep it short and sweet. One guy rang me and txted me for about 9 months after we broke up, he cried on the phone any time i answered, i changed my number 3 times, but he kept getting it (found out afterwards who was giving it to him) he used to ring the 2 local pubs every weekend night a few times a night asking for me, he used to ring the house phone and leave messages for my parents..he used to ring and say he was outside with his friends and they had batons and they were going to beat all my friends up, he said he was going to burn down my house and my brothers house etc..stupid freak. the worse thing is, i have a daughter with him , so i have to be in contact with him, but he still doens have my mobile number..
    Another ex, broke up with me on stephens night to go off with a girl who was 11 yrs younger than him, he took her skiing and when they caem back they broke up cos he realised she was cheating on him, i was stupid enough to get back with him then , but we broke up on mutal terms not long after that..we remained friends until i found out he was with the young girl again, i txted him asking him why had he got back with her etc that she was an idiot, and the next thing i get a txt off her telling me not to txt him anymore! he obviously showed her the txt i sent..anyway, they have a child now..with a stupid name.

• Advertisement

:eek: My ex's have been angels compared to some of ye! Honestly can't say I hate or am afraid of any of them or what they'd do, all relatively nice enough guys. Pricks, but nice enough ones ha ha ha. Did ye not see any of this strange behaviour while ye were going out though???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah feck it at least yee have your health!

I was a c*nt of an ex. Tried to end it twice, then realized not what I wanted. She moved away, made new friends, she then wanted to end it and ended it by text after I said no to a "break" days before. I flipped, went from beggin her back to not talking to beggin again. Wasnt thinkin straight, went on for a month or so. I said and did some stupid stuff, invaded her privacy, got really down n basically didnt know how to react really. Never thought I'd act like such a muppet. Paid the price for it though, lost a decent friend who now hates my guts and would prob cross the other side of street if she saw me I Made a complete fool of myself in front of alot of people (Did find out who my real mates where, i.e. the ones that got me pissed every night on the tare). Thats a good while ago now. Just remember as horrible the things people do, people make rash decisions when not thinkin straight. haste,repent at lesuire etc

thats my two cents anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

whats up with men :mad: my boyfriend drives me mad all he cares about is hes car and hes mates. the other day someone crashed into the car and he was all pissed of with me like it was my fault i told him it was hes fault he treats the car like hes baby but not me god men get a life

what do you ladies think :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Men are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

not sure where your going with this?

....but they have their uses...;)

• Advertisement

Men are focused creatures...I'd much rather a car bore the brunt of his obessive tendancies than me.
    Space is my friend.

G86 wrote: »
    not sure where your going with this?

....but they have their uses...;)

:D

How would we survive without......

.....their jar opening skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads with e0980 on this one. Men are indeed great. The very fact that he's passionate enough to get so worked up over a crashed car tells Pighead that he is probably a wonderful lover. You should be counting your blessings instead of sullying his good name.

Pighead has read your paragraph 6 times now and each and every time the conclusion reached is that he's probably actually a bit too good for you. Somebody had too say it. Tough love and all that jazz.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm a man and I'm great! I heard a story once though, about a woman. She was mean and died.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ashisback wrote: »
    whats up with men :mad: my boyfriend drives me mad all he cares about is hes car and hes mates.

ok
    break up with him then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm a man and I'm great! I heard a story once though, about a woman. She was mean and died.

your sure your a man?

have you checked like?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

whats up with men :mad: my boyfriend drives me mad all he cares about is hes car and hes mates. the other day someone crashed into the car and he was all pissed of with me like it was my fault i told him it was hes fault he treats the car like hes baby but not me god men get a life

All men think the same of women. If someone crashed into my car, i think i would annoyed like probably many others for dayssss.

Meh, I'm off to Lesbania!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

MarkR wrote: »

Yeah i heard that same story. Her name was Pandora i think.

if i crashed my car hell give out to me cuz then he has to fix it sometimes he can be great he just gets me worked up with hes car its a new car and the money he spent on it was for our house but no it had to be for the car. he called a blond dope the other day sayin that we women are stupid i was so hurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Men are great, it's your boyfriend that's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Woop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Barlow07 wrote: »
    All men think the same of women.

Elaborate on that generalisation if you would please...

If your man isn't showing you enough love, get rid of him. There's plenty of others out there willing to treat you right. And in all fairness, liking a car over your love, thats my fellas like me had a hard time finding someone, because of muppets who think too highly of themselves to show a bit of TLC to their woman.

Just as a matter of interest, what type of car was it? My bets on either a Honda or BMW...

ya your right stargal

no it wasnt a honda or a bmw it was a subaru i cant really leave him cos of our son

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Meh, I'm off to Lesbania!
    That place doesn't exist anymore. Pighead went there last year and converted every last non believer of the sacred todger.

Its now known as welovetodgerania. Lovely girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Stargal wrote: »
    Men are great, it's your boyfriend that's crap.

Yeah , i bet he's a real mammys boy and has his shirts ironed for him ,dinner on the table to the second and dreams of becomming a hollywood superstar.

You will turn into his mother which is what he wants .He's got to go imo

Pighead wrote: »
    That place doesn't exist anymore. Pighead went there last year and converted every last non believer of the sacred todger.

Its now known as welovetodgerania. Lovely girls.

Damn you Pighead, that was my last hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah, should have added Subaru to my prediction. Boy racer type per chance? Tell him to sort out his priorities.

• Advertisement

i dont want to turn into hes mother hate her to bits and she hates me cos im bot doing a great job bringing up our son or her son

Advertisement