Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ashisback wrote: »
    whats up with men :mad: my boyfriend drives me mad all he cares about is hes car and hes mates. the other day someone crashed into the car and he was all pissed of with me like it was my fault i told him it was hes fault he treats the car like hes baby but not me god men get a life

what do you ladies think :mad:

Men are great. if you you dont like the one you have, just get another one. I am really not sure what the problem is here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Unless Im No1 in his life - forget it

I refuse to be someone else's 2nd when I rate them as No1
    Go fishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

hes not from maynooth i am hes from cork

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

whats up with men :mad: my boyfriend drives me mad all he cares about is hes car and hes mates. the other day someone crashed into the car and he was all pissed of with me like it was my fault i told him it was hes fault he treats the car like hes baby but not me god men get a life

Tsk. Its his own fault for letting a chick near it.

Now, must dash - the exit beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Well if its any consolation, my bf is totally and utterly obsessed with football. I actually think its getting worse. It's very worrying all the same. How can men talk about football so much? Why would they even want to?!
    He insists on talking to me about it all of the time when he knows i really couldn't give a fiddlers. This whole Ireland manger debacle is beginning to consume him and its driving me bonkers at this stage!!! If Terry Venables gets the job..well put it this way, i'm off!! Couldn't listen to another second of it!
    I feel your pain sister!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Uh worst day ever.
    I bumped into the 'love of my life' (at the time) ex today. He gave me the look of death and we just ignored each other though he said hello to my friend.
    Im so sick of ex's not being friends with me.I always try and be civil and friendly with them but not one of my ex's speaks to me.Its upsetting :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

panda100 wrote: »
    Uh worst day ever.
    I bumped into the 'love of my life' (at the time) ex today. He gave me the look of death and we just ignored each other though he said hello to my friend.
    Im so sick of ex's not being friends with me.I always try and be civil and friendly with them but not one of my ex's speaks to me.Its upsetting :(:(

take it as a compliment. You broke them GOOD! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

LouOB wrote: »
    Unless Im No1 in his life - forget it

I refuse to be someone else's 2nd when I rate them as No1
    Go fishing

That's quite selfish advice considering the fact that they have a kid. Wouldn't you like a bf to put your kid first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I dont have children at the moment - OP didnt say about kids. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Meh, I'm off to Lesbania!

let me know how that goes!
    I keep threatening.....not happening.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Clare, marry me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

What did you do to them that makes them all dislike you panda?

Yeah let us know how the whole Lesbian thing works out for ya, I'd be interested, it's the only thing I have left at this stage!:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

panda100 wrote: »
    Uh worst day ever.

ah chick thats crap. But maybe thats the only way they can deal with the relationship ending. Sometimes if someone feels really strongly and it then ends, it just hurts too much so they amputate you from their life. It can be a case of all or nothing.

Just try not to let it get to you hon. *big hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Do you mean lesbos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbos_Island

Lesbania is an entirely different place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

SW81 wrote: »
    Lesbania is an entirely different place ;)

I was only trying to help typical stroppy lesbian

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

With the exes that left me with the exception of one I would be civil and that's about it. Any small talk beyond "Hello", "hope you're well" and "goodbye" is pretty much off limits. Generally their existence is acknowledged politely but that's about it. They lost the right to anything but my manners, when they left and by the methods they took to do so. The one I do talk to, while hurting me at the time was much more mature and clearly cared about me and my feelings even though hers had changed. Nice person basically.

With exes I've left I would be friendlier but wouldn't be too friendly in case it made them uncomfortable. I've found that if love was discussed and it splits down the line true friendship is almost impossible. Now many may disagree, but I've also noticed that what people define as friendship often isn't anyway. With ex relationships there can be an imbalance where one is more invested in hope than the other. Where there was real chemistry and passion, friendship is frankly a downgrade. I don't do downgrades. Any ex that dumped me and then said "let's be friends" or even "you're my best friend", got short shrift from me.

With casual exes where the L word didn't come up I would be the same as I would be with anyone I knew. One or two are friends.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

irishbird wrote: »
    hey you know me teebies, i am a soft touch :p

Been there burnt the t shirt several million times!

Wibbs wrote: »
    With the exes that left me with the exception of one I would be civil and that's about it. Any small talk beyond "Hello", "hope you're well" and "goodbye" is pretty much off limits. Generally their existence is acknowledged politely but that's about it. They lost the right to anything but my manners, when they left and by the methods they took to do so. The one I do talk to, while hurting me at the time was much more mature and clearly cared about me and my feelings even though hers had changed. Nice person basically.

With exes I've left I would be friendlier but wouldn't be too friendly in case it made them uncomfortable. I've found that if love was discussed and it splits down the line true friendship is almost impossible. Now many may disagree, but I've also noticed that what people define as friendship often isn't anyway. With ex relationships there can be an imbalance where one is more invested in hope than the other. Where there was real chemistry and passion, friendship is frankly a downgrade. I don't do downgrades. Any ex that dumped me and then said "let's be friends" or even "you're my best friend", got short shrift from me.

With casual exes where the L word didn't come up I would be the same as I would be with anyone I knew. One or two are friends.

I think everyone should adapt this attitude ...**** all this ex nonsense they are for a reason like the ones given in this thread
    I wish i had of listening to people's advice on my ex's :(

but well said

/claps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok guys quit with the piss taking. OP he is a bloke everything is your fault, not matter if you had anything to do with it or not. Is he like that all of the time, and i also find it interesting that you say that his mum doesn't like you cuz you're doing a good job bring up your son and hers. Why are you bring up her son. I think you really need to look at your relationship and see if it is worth fighting for. Yes you want to do what is best for your child but, saying that your child will not have a happy life if his parents are not happy in the situation.

Any more lesiban jokes or off topic posting will result in a ban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Semiosis

if i crashed my car hell give out to me cuz then he has to fix it sometimes he can be great he just gets me worked up with hes car its a new car and the money he spent on it was for our house but no it had to be for the car. he called a blond dope the other day sayin that we women are stupid i was so hurt

so the poor fella is great when it comes to fixing your car. a + in my books
    what was the blond doing to invoke this remark from your fella? :D
    most men like there cars a fact of life,Question for you,do you know how to change a fuse,can you hook up jump leads your self,can you change your oil filter yourself....if not learn and because your a dumb women maybe your should ask your bf for help on this.:cool:

Semiosis banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Jules wrote: »
    Ok guys quit with the piss taking. OP he is a bloke everything is your fault, not matter if you had anything to do with it or not. Is he like that all of the time, and i also find it interesting that you say that his mum doesn't like you cuz you're doing a good job bring up your son and hers. Why are you bring up her son. I think you really need to look at your relationship and see if it is worth fighting for. Yes you want to do what is best for your child but, saying that your child will not have a happy life if his parents are not happy in the situation.

Any more lesiban jokes or off topic posting will result in a ban!

Seems to me you're doing a bit of piss taking yourself, ban me for being off topic if you like, but I find it hard to take your response to the OP seriously when you preface it with such a sweeping generalisation. Have to say I'm a little surprised Jules.

In my experience when things go wrong people generally take things out on their partners, then afterwards apologise. Thats why i asked if he is like that all the time.

Im talking about my past general experiences. Im not insulting anyone directly.

And i wouldn't ban you for that semisos was banned for calling the op dumb. no other reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Jules wrote: »
    In my experience when things go wrong people generally take things out on their partners, then afterwards apologise. Thats why i asked if he is like that all the time.

Im talking about my past general experiences. Im not insulting anyone directly.

And i wouldn't ban you for that semisos was banned for calling the op dumb. no other reason.

Fair enough, I wasn't insulted :), just wanted to make a point about generalisations, now back on topic! OP while it's good and healthy to vent and get others opinions at the same time, you need to look seriously at your relationship with your SO. If it's bad you need to consider your options, and staying together for the sake of a child should not be the only reason, it wont work in the long run and will just build up resentment. You need to talk (and listen:)) to each other and see what can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

nipplenuts wrote: »
    and the basta*d stole all your punctuation too!
    Tee hee! :D

OP, I take exception to you calling the thread "men". Your boyfriend is not representative of all men. Maybe you should start a thread in Personal Issues? Although you'll probably get more support over there if you use punctuation - not being smart, it's just that it's sometimes difficult to understand what you're saying. I remember a mod over there saying that very thing to someone who posted without using punctuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Take me with you :p

Weidii banned for one week.

You should read all of the thread!

• Advertisement

Excuse the merge but please can we keep the relationsip rates to the one thread... this is not PI!

Advertisement