Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Cnut! nuff said

Jesus :O

/keep breathing honey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The ring isn't an engagement ring, btw. It's just his ring which he made me take and "wear as long as you love me".

I'm wearing no jewellery. Grrrrrrrr.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Have not contacted him and have heard nothing from him (the spineless %$&£)...
    Funny enough, that's the best thing he could have done for you subconsciously or not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Clingy, controlling, arrogant, pushy, dominating, offensive, yet switches to the "I love you more than life itself" crap when he senses that I've had enough.
    Standard stuff for immature types. Life will knock the edges off that in time.
    He'll possibly read this, then text me informing me how hurt he is that I think such things.
    Lack of self awareness. Always a good one that.

Take your f**cking ring back, and find some weak little bitch to push around, asshole.
    Ouch even I felt that one.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Rozabeez wrote: »
    The ring isn't an engagement ring, btw. It's just his ring which he made me take and "wear as long as you love me".

I'm wearing no jewellery. Grrrrrrrr.

Is his name Danny Zuko? 'Take your piece of tin' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Keep breathing Rozabeez ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Being friends with an ex...yes or no? Recently got dumped and still like the guy...haven't spoken in 2 weeks now and it's getting easier but I miss him...get back in touch or just leave it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

MayMay wrote: »
    Being friends with an ex...yes or no? Recently got dumped and still like the guy...haven't spoken in 2 weeks now and it's getting easier but I miss him...get back in touch or just leave it? :(

totally leave it!

So hard :(

• Advertisement

Bad plan. If you dumped them it's just selfish to keep them around and if they dumped you you'll hang around with the hope for something more in the back of your mind. Either way baaaaad plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

azezil wrote: »
    My gawd you're never going to meet a partner if you bad mouth every ex you've been with so publicly, ok you got hurt, we all do but if you need to talk to someone about it do it with a close friend, in private!

It's times like this I'm glad I'm gay :rolleyes:

Ok I hope that you were taking the pee with the comments above. In the event that you are not:

Having an anonymous rant about your ex partner is hardly bad mouthing them publicly:rolleyes:. I have read through this thread and there is not one post that would provide enough info to identify any ex.

Your last sentence astounds me. You make a sweeping generalisation that gay people dont rant about their ex's publicly, like being gay makes you immune to this:confused::confused:. I would never presume that somebodies sexuality (gay, straight, bi, tg or whatever) would determine how they react to any situation including a breakup.

Ok and breathe. Rant over:D:D.

I am assuming a lot of people who go to beers etc know roz and her man , i'm sure thats all that was meant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

not after 2 weeks
    when youre over it and dont have any hopes there anymore, send a text to see how things are going if you still want

but being friends with exes in general, thats fine I find

Thanks, I know ye're right, it's just hard that's all. But thanks for the advice. I know myself it's the only way to go. Doesn't make it any easier though. But I'll get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

I am assuming a lot of people who go to beers etc know roz and her man , i'm sure thats all that was meant!

Damn right!

Nothing more exciting than an internet split/bust up :D

I'd advise listining to what wibbs has to say because he made a few good posts in the past.

SheRa wrote:
    Your last sentence astounds me. You make a sweeping generalisation that gay people dont rant about their ex's publicly, like being gay makes you immune to this. I would never presume that somebodies sexuality (gay, straight, bi, tg or whatever) would determine how they react to any situation including a breakup.
    I was thinking the same. Weird one for azezil too though I would be the same with the oul privacy TBH. No one is immune to being an over emotional whining wreck at times, man, woman, gay, straight or farmyard animal, though chickens are hard arses.
    Plan_D wrote: »
    I'd advise listining to what wibbs has to say because he made a few good posts in the past.
    Damn I need to get a picture of that for posterity. The trick is finding the very scarce good posts from the general dross I write...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

But Azezils post was before Rozs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

SheRa wrote: »
    Ok I hope that you were taking the pee with the comments above. In the event that you are not:

Having an anonymous rant about your ex partner is hardly bad mouthing them publicly:rolleyes:. I have read through this thread and there is not one post that would provide enough info to identify any ex.

Your last sentence astounds me. You make a sweeping generalisation that gay people dont rant about their ex's publicly, like being gay makes you immune to this:confused::confused:. I would never presume that somebodies sexuality (gay, straight, bi, tg or whatever) would determine how they react to any situation including a breakup.

Ok and breathe. Rant over:D:D.

+ 1

I assumed that post was a P take cos its too ridiculous otherwise.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough, that's the best thing he could have done for you subconsciously or not.

Oh I know. I guess I am disappointed in him as a friend.

• Advertisement

Leave it for now. See how you feel in 3 months.

Yeah leave it for now. I know it's hard, it's been 2 weeks with no contact for me, would like to just say hello to him, see how he is but if he's not bothered to make the effort I don't see why I should...I wish him all the best though. Just sad cause I thought we could have been better friends than this you know but there's been no contact at all....oh well, if that's what he wants I'll leave it that way.

Get a new boy, it'll take your mind right off him. Maybe I'm on the rebound but better to have my attention on someone new than thinking about something that was never going to go anywhere.

Meh, ex boyfriends, ban them all to a different planet, ban them all I say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Yeah leave it for now. I know it's hard, it's been 2 weeks with no contact for me, would like to just say hello to him, see how he is but if he's not bothered to make the effort I don't see why I should...I wish him all the best though. Just sad cause I thought we could have been better friends than this you know but there's been no contact at all....oh well, if that's what he wants I'll leave it that way.

Get a new boy, it'll take your mind right off him. Maybe I'm on the rebound but better to have my attention on someone new than thinking about something that was never going to go anywhere.

you got my vote there !

Amen sister :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Bring back hanging I say!:D:p

Karen33 wrote: »
    Bring back hanging I say!:D:p
    by the goolies ;)

Ha ha ha ha

Hanging by the goolies, I'm sure they still do that in some countries, let's find out where and give them an airline ticket each ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*grin*

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

2 years ago i broke up with a boyfriend of 4 years....

It was really hard to do, but he just got too clingy and protective, especially when i started college ( i got around 10 calls a day to see what i was at) and loads of texts.

It got to the stage that when i didnt text back after 10 mins i got a text to say i have 20e on my phone so have no excuses not to text back! :confused::eek:

Anyway, broke up with him, and it was the hardest break up! I was on the worst guilt trip!

But what does he do?

He could'nt get mad or start crying or whatever, instead he goes and asks me to marry him! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I said no and thought nothing could be worse than that, but it turns out it got much worse, he went and bought a ring (after me saying no) and asked me again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

catyb20 wrote: »
    2 years ago i broke up with a boyfriend of 4 years....

It was really hard to do, but he just got too clingy and protective, especially when i started college ( i got around 10 calls a day to see what i was at) and loads of texts.

It got to the stage that when i didnt text back after 10 mins i got a text to say i have 20e on my phone so have no excuses not to text back! :confused::eek:

Anyway, broke up with him, and it was the hardest break up! I was on the worst guilt trip!

But what does he do?

He could'nt get mad or start crying or whatever, instead he goes and asks me to marry him! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I said no and thought nothing could be worse than that, but it turns out it got much worse, he went and bought a ring (after me saying no) and asked me again!

:eek::eek::eek: OMG! I assume he's well out of the picture now? He sounds scary!

Advertisement