Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 relaxbaby

New here Girlies and I have been reading for a long time. Have a big problem myself with my ex but wont go into it just yet. Im a bit insecure :o:o. metaoblivia I read your post and I do feel for you. I have had a similar issue. I was told tho that the reason I had to endure such hardship was because I was not really open or any good in bed. Are u confident that you were pleasing your BF. I have a lot of guy friends and nearly all have told me that bad sex life is a major reason for straying. If this guy isn't the first to stray with other women it may be worth a thought. I know that may seem very harsh to say and fickle for people to leave due to something like sex but there is no point fooling ourselves cause it happens. Like I said I have a lot of male friends and its all they think off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

relaxbaby wrote: »
    New here Girlies and I have been reading for a long time. Have a big problem myself with my ex but wont go into it just yet. Im a bit insecure :o:o. metaoblivia I read your post and I do feel for you. I have had a similar issue. I was told tho that the reason I had to endure such hardship was because I was not really open or any good in bed. Are u confident that you were pleasing your BF. I have a lot of guy friends and nearly all have told me that bad sex life is a major reason for straying. If this guy isn't the first to stray with other women it may be worth a thought. I know that may seem very harsh to say and fickle for people to leave due to something like sex but there is no point fooling ourselves cause it happens. Like I said I have a lot of male friends and its all they think off :mad:

I think you should look at who you are keeping as a friend. If a person in a realationship has a problem with how things are in the bedroom then you talk about it, you dont leave/cheat on them.

well puddleduck Im just being honest. This has nothing to do with the friends I have, they are all decent people but as a good friend they dont hold their opinions back and are all very forward and up front even tho I am a girly girl! I dont believe in false hope or beating around the bush. I dont mean any offence in my post either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Oh no, if you had read the post thoroughly, you would have seen it was a long distance relationship. Obviously there wasn't a lot of sex because he lived on one side of the country and I lived on the other, and we live in a very big country. However, we both entered into the relationship knowing that, and knowing the sacrifices it entails. And to his merit, he said he hadn't slept with her when we broke up, and I have no reason to disbelieve him. And even if he did... oh well.

Honestly, I haven't given much thought as to what I did or could have done, etc.. He said he met someone else and when you're in a long distance relationship there's always that risk. I don't blame or question myself on anything in regards to this relationship because, well... I'm either very confident or a little bit arrogant. :pac:

In any event, I'm not into creating situations that will give me insecurities, which I think is the only road your suggestion leads down. Faulting yourself for someone else's actions is no way to go through life. I agree with Puddleduck; if something isn't right in the bedroom, you should talk about it with your partner. It's no excuse to stray.

Oh god I am so blonde! I was replying to a post by someone else I just got the names mixed up how :o:o:o Sry girls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have a lot of guy friends and nearly all have told me that bad sex life is a major reason for straying.

Sure. If they're cowardly little boys with no balls enough nor respect enough to end the relationship first.

I really hope by "straying" you meant "breaking up and then sleeping with someone else". I suppose you didn't though. In which case I'd wonder what kind of friends you have?
    well puddleduck Im just being honest. This has nothing to do with the friends I have, they are all decent people but as a good friend they dont hold their opinions back and are all very forward and up front
    You may be honest but your friends aren't if they cheat/justify cheating like that.

Id never condone any of my friends cheating for gods sake what kind of person do you think I am! Yes of course I meant breaking up then sleeping with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

well puddleduck Im just being honest. This has nothing to do with the friends I have, they are all decent people but as a good friend they dont hold their opinions back and are all very forward and up front even tho I am a girly girl! I dont believe in false hope or beating around the bush. I dont mean any offence in my post either!

I wouldnt beat around the bush either, but I think to say that the reason most realationships fail is because one partner isnt what the other wants between the sheets is wrong. Most adult realationships would address the problem first before throwing in the towel. If a male friend told me that Id been dumped coz I was probably crap between the sheets Id be mightily insulted. What does he have to base it on?

Metobolivia, what a sucky situation. I think you should cut all contact and allow yourself a chance to get over it. Dont worry, Im sure youll find someone closer to home that will be a match for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

HOW TO SATISFY A WOMAN -adore, appreciate,beguile,captivate,caress,charm,cherish,coax,commit to,compliment,console,delight,embrace,empathize,enchant,enthral,hug,humour,idolize,indulge,maddage,nuzzle,palpitate,pamper,phone,placate,promise,relish,respect,sacrifice for,savour,serenade,spoil,stroke,treasure,understand,venerate,worship,--- HOW TO SATISFY A MAN-show up naked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Oh and to update all those kind enough to inquire and offer support and advice, I did drop him from facebook within minutes of reading that status and actually blocked him too (didn't want to answer any questions; I know, I'm mean). Phone number deleted from my cell and all that jazz.
    I have to say, I was really taken aback by the tactlessness of it all. A month or so after, that's fine. But just a few days? And posting it publicly where he knew I would see it... It came across as tactless to me. But maybe I'm just being sensitive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Oh and to update all those kind enough to inquire and offer support and advice, I did drop him from facebook within minutes of reading that status and actually blocked him too (didn't want to answer any questions; I know, I'm mean). Phone number deleted from my cell and all that jazz.
    I have to say, I was really taken aback by the tactlessness of it all. A month or so after, that's fine. But just a few days? And posting it publicly where he knew I would see it... It came across as tactless to me. But maybe I'm just being sensitive!
    god no you're not, that was a terrible thing for him to do, what an ass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1000 to emo!!, an arse and no mistake. You handled it very well. textbook in fact. A few days? Sheesh. You are well rid of any man that inconsistent. IMHO a woman should look for emotional and actual consistency, honesty and kindness in any man they want in their lives. Without those three you're boned. Pretty much everything else can be worked on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Wibbs wrote: »
    IMHO a woman should look for emotional and actual consistency, honesty and kindness in any man they want in their lives. Without those three you're boned. Pretty much everything else can be worked on.

to be fair, regardless of gender thats what everyone should look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Are people ever afraid your partner might stumble upon this forum? I wouldn't post about my relationship here, way too paranoid! (all is dandy though!:P)

Nor would I, I think it'd be downright disrespectful to rant about any problems in your relationship to strangers on the internet. Even bad-mouthing a recently-dumped boyfriend I'd see as bad form.

maybe people just need somewhere to vent and rant ...

some people choose the internet, other people choose they're mates and lets face it your mate, are going to have a sided view on things as it is !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well if I stumbled accross a thread and found my boyfriend "venting" about me I'd be very unimpressed.

So I have been meaning to ask for the Advice of the pros about something that is going on with me recently :rolleyes:

Long story short. I cheated on my ex boyfriend about 7 months being with him however It was with ex boyfriend and there was some serious history. Anyway I was stupid and regretted it and everntually told my bfriend at the time. He flips out as ud expect then after a while decided he will try get on with things as normal!

Of course you all probably guessed it, it never really worked out and after a few months he jst couldnt keep on going with me.

Queue about a year and a half later and we talk occasionally and have met up a few times nothing to serious :D . But Im confused and dont want to get emotionally involved and hurt.

Do you think its a waste of my time to try see if he is willing to give it another go?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I suppose the best thing is to ask the right questions.

Why did you cheat in the first place?
    Was that reason ever dealt with and fixed?
    Why do you want to give it another go?
    Is it that he seems like a safe bet as you've not met anyone new?
    Is the background reason(s) for the split still there?

That's just your side. On his; do you think he would work on the relationship in a fresh new way? Can he let go of the past?

I reckon if you work those on your side you have some chance of figuring out what's what.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Ok please gimme some feedback.....
    Some big boobed girl just commented on my new boys bebo with a comment. It was full of kisses and said call me. Recongnised her from pictures....he added her !! I'm fuming...do I have a right to say anything in your opinion?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Ok please gimme some feedback.....
    Some big boobed girl just commented on my new boys bebo with a comment. It was full of kisses and said call me. Recongnised her from pictures....he added her !! I'm fuming...do I have a right to say anything in your opinion?:mad:

i would definitely ask him about her, i couldn't help myself. there are girls out there that are all kisses and "call me" with mates or she didn't know he wasn't single anymore. don't throw the baby out with the bath water, get the full story before your mind wanders and don't accuse him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Piste wrote: »
    Nor would I, I think it'd be downright disrespectful to rant about any problems in your relationship to strangers on the internet. Even bad-mouthing a recently-dumped boyfriend I'd see as bad form.

i'd agree with you but..

People seem to have a problem with communicating to there friends about such problems I do and its always good to get a perspective on something if your unshore, and the internet can be a wonderfull place to do that granted some bloke could get mersolously chastised buy a bunch of internet women but.... what makes me chuckle is that they could end up with that bloke....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 susan caroline

Started seeing some guy met on dating site, didnt fancy him at all, but he has grown on me.. he has integrity and is such a kind person, and amazing in the bedroom department, we are so different but like the same things. Am growing more confused as thought could never fancy him but suddenly realised looks not everything and to make things worse he has been offered a job in saudi so might be leaving soon and realised going to really miss this guy - feeling so confused how can you miss someone you thought you didnt fancy or want at all, or maybe i dont want to admit to myself I really do like like this guy.. I know he does like me lots doesnt have to tell me, just the way he acts when hes around me - so confused never met anybody like him before - advice appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Started seeing some guy met on dating site, didnt fancy him at all, but he has grown on me.. he has integrity and is such a kind person, and amazing in the bedroom department, we are so different but like the same things. Am growing more confused as thought could never fancy him but suddenly realised looks not everything and to make things worse he has been offered a job in saudi so might be leaving soon and realised going to really miss this guy - feeling so confused how can you miss someone you thought you didnt fancy or want at all, or maybe i dont want to admit to myself I really do like like this guy.. I know he does like me lots doesnt have to tell me, just the way he acts when hes around me - so confused never met anybody like him before - advice appreciated..

Ah it comes at ya in all shapes and sizes!! I thought my guy was an arrogant dickwad when i first met him, wouldnt have fancied him at all but here we are 3 years later and i adore the ground the man walks on!
    Firstly, have a chat with yer man and see what he feels and take it from there, is the job permanent? Can you not visit him? Basically you guys need to have a sit down girl and tell him your feelings and take it from there, the best of luck to you, keep us posted;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 susan caroline

Thanks for replying, maybe there is hope then, if your still with your guy after 3 years.. this has just took me by surprise to suddenly realise you like someone when you didnt think possible, will keep you posted on what happens, hes away for a few days and missing him already so maybe will have to talk with him when he returns, but this is scary! we are such good friends and lovers but to go to the next level not sure how he will react if I tell him how I really feel worried -hes gonna run..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

I was going out with a girl for a while. Met her on holidays a while back. It all started going wrong when I was in a nightclub one night and I was like, good gracious, ass is bodacious, I'm flirtacious, tryin' to show patience, I've been lookin' for the right time to shoot my steeze (you know), Waitin' for the right time to flash them keys, Eh I'm leavin, please believin' oh, Me and the rest of my heathens, Check it, got a lock out the top of the four seasons, Penthouse, rooftop, birds are feedin', No deceivin', nothin' up my, sleeve, an' no teasin', I need you to get up up on the dance floor, Give that man what he askin' for, 'Cos I feel like bustin' loose and I feel like touchin' you, Uh uh can't nobody stop the juice so baby tell me what's the use.
    She wasn't having none of it so she left me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I was going out with a girl for a while. Met her on holidays a while back. It all started going wrong when I was in a nightclub one night and I was like, good gracious, ass is bodacious, I'm flirtacious, tryin' to show patience, I've been lookin' for the right time to shoot my steeze (you know), Waitin' for the right time to flash them keys, Eh I'm leavin, please believin' oh, Me and the rest of my heathens, Check it, got a lock out the top of the four seasons, Penthouse, rooftop, birds are feedin', No deceivin', nothin' up my, sleeve, an' no teasin', I need you to get up up on the dance floor, Give that man what he askin' for, 'Cos I feel like bustin' loose and I feel like touchin' you, Uh uh can't nobody stop the juice so baby tell me what's the use.
    She wasn't having none of it so she left me.

made me laugh!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Jessiegirl

I'm seeing someone 6 months and after another phone call where I felt he disrepected my feelings and demeaned me I sent him a text telling him I thought we should take a break. That was yesterday around 7pm and I heard nothing back - so he must be taking me literally without discussion!!

I have trust issues. He talks to all his exes and to me about them. He has female friends. The first 3 months he waffled about wanting to be friends, I started to feel used and called quits. I had more or less told him this and assumed he wouldn't care and then looked at his phone, something I've never done before. Texts to another girl asking her to be his Valentine & from what I see he knew her before me and even texted her when we were away together.
    Suddenly he decided to commit - afraid to lose me so we carried on.
    But the female friends & exes are still there, texting and talking when I'm around. I've been shown where they worked, lived, even stories about making out.

So there you go. And the last guy was for 11 years and we have a child and the failure of that relationship was one of the hardest things I've even gone through.

So I'm on a break. I'm wondering should I tell boyfriend I looked at his phone and ask about her? As far as I know he seems to have dropped contact. However the way he treated me then has left a mark even if we were not 'commited' bf & gf. He also will not try and understand me when I ask him to lay off going on about other wome & gets angry with me and tells me know I am annoying. Even accused me of not caring about him or his life. I wonder is he an attention seeker or what?

Anyway as you can tell today is a day for ranting ... lol

sounds like an attention seeker to me , well rid tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Jessiegirl

well he has a chance to reflect on our relationship, if he wants to... and I need some space anyway - I have lots of stresses lately in my life ....

One thing emo - would you tell him you looked at the phone - to explain why you have just big issues with trust? By the way he talks to me he thinks I'm just crazy and annoying and totally paranoid but he's actually saying this now when anytime I ask him a simple question.

I think he is being (and has been on occasions) a silly immature prick who doesn't appreciate what he's got. A stream of failied relationships behind him too....why can't men cherish and be happy with what they have instead of taking us for granted.

• Advertisement

tbh he is giving you every reason to look through his phone (not condoning it or anything)
    but it looks like he is playing on you insecurities by telling you all those "stories " about making out etc, not something you want to hear is it

just take a break from him , you said you have other stresses going on in your life, maybe deal with them 1st, without the added stress of someone like him in your life.

Advertisement