Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

The Walsho wrote: »
    I'm pretty worried about Physics too, but it's my last exam and my second last one is one the Wednesday beforehand, meaning I'll have the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to focus on Physics.

Well if its going to be anything like our mock paper was, then I'll be very worried. I'm really considering dropping down to ordinary level. Just don't think its worth it if I get a bad paper as I'll fail with flying colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joeceppi

Well if its going to be anything like our mock paper was, then I'll be very worried. I'm really considering dropping down to ordinary level. Just don't think its worth it if I get a bad paper as I'll fail with flying colours.

i didnt even do the mock paper!! i need to a honour but i know piss all in the subject. makes me regrett sleeping for the last two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

the mock was pretty hard but physics aint too bad once you get to know it :) i find the papers rough going, im just hoping all the stuff sticks & will come to me on the day. its not for 2weeks though, plenty of time, plenty of time (bad attitude i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I can't see us getting a paper as bad as that mock.

I'm relying on those four feckin' days to learn basically the whole course. Is it wrong that I think I'll manage?
    I've usually gotten A's in physics tests, but I always knew what the teacher was going to ask. Got a D in that mock but have done nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

The Walsho wrote: »
    I can't see us getting a paper as bad as that mock.

I'm relying on those four feckin' days to learn basically the whole course. Is it wrong that I think I'll manage?
    I've usually gotten A's in physics tests, but I always knew what the teacher was going to ask. Got a D in that mock but have done nothing since.

I'm only relying on about two days. Physics is so easy to study for so you'll be grand. You can go over the whole course in one day and then perfect it and do questions the next day. It's literally just going through the book and learning off. easy peasy. If you've got As throughout the year in Physics one day of study will bring it all back to you. Four days and you'll easily get an A.

If you've been getting Cs you'll probably get a C in the leaving, more if you cram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Peleus wrote: »
    I'm only relying on about two days. Physics is so easy to study for so you'll be grand. You can go over the whole course in one day and then perfect it and do questions the next day. It's literally just going through the book and learning off. easy peasy. If you've got As throughout the year in Physics one day of study will bring it all back to you. Four days and you'll easily get an A.

If you've been getting Cs you'll probably get a C in the leaving, more if you cram.

I'll echo that sentiment. I'd usually get As in class tests. I managed to scrape an A2 in the mocks cos I paniced before it and crammed like a mofo. Turned out grand cos I knew everything in the back of my head and a little cramming over a day or two brought it all back. I'm relying on that again for the real thing! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

This Place is amazing :D:D

English (honours)

Othello:

Iago
    Jealousy

Comparative:

Literary Genre
    Theme and Issue

Poerty:

Mahon
    Rich
    Donne
    Larkin

Maths (honours)

Paper 1:

Facter Theorm
    Induction
    1st principles Quotent Rule
    Integration of a cone
    De Moivres Theorm

Paper 2:

Cosine Rule
    Perpindicular Distance
    Approximation for Pie

whats the chances id be able to contort a valentines day essay into one of the topics on wednesday?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

okay.. i heard for English HL poets Boland Rich Larkin and Mahon, Mahon is supposed to be a sure thing but what if its a hard Q like write a letter.. so defo dont rely on just one poet...
    I also heard its L. Genre and T&H for comparative god im praying its T&H!!

History.. I have studied Parnell, Eucharistic Congress, Mussolini to a tee so would be dead hady if they come up and my techer is predicting those but defo study other stuff i have just dont kno other essays aswell as those.. eek!!

Irish OL... heard its that stupid story lig sinn na gathu???has never come up so maybe?? also heard Bean Og aswell... no idea on poems

Anyone have predictions for Homec or Bio?? would be gr8 help..

joeceppi wrote: »
    whats the chances id be able to contort a valentines day essay into one of the topics on wednesday?? lol

I think if you have a essay planned already.. use the images rather than titles.. im defo doing that.. you could hopefully twist the image to suit you ... its worth doing if you have a good esay planned??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

The way I see the english poets - 3 came up last year and ones from the 1500's. So getting most of Boland Mahon Larkin and Rich will be a given. Although my least favorite Rich is perhaps the easiest to write on due to the development in her views throughout her career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

turgon wrote: »
    The way I see the english poets - 3 came up last year and ones from the 1500's. So getting most of Boland Mahon Larkin and Rich will be a given. Although my least favorite Rich is perhaps the easiest to write on due to the development in her views throughout her career.

I'm concentrating on Mahon, Larkin and Rich, with Montague in reserve too. Hope Rich comes up, sooo easy to write about.

I think if you have a essay planned already.. use the images rather than titles.. im defo doing that.. you could hopefully twist the image to suit you ... its worth doing if you have a good esay planned??

i just have this essay which im positive would get an A1 if i could use it (which would be very handy) it would be better than what i could come up with on the day but its not very adaptable.

joeceppi wrote: »
    i just have this essay which im positive would get an A1 if i could use it (which would be very handy) it would be better than what i could come up with on the day but its not very adaptable.

This is what i do.. well did for my mock and it helped
    I opened the choices for the essay first and had quick look at images and titles picked few that stuck out and then went off and did the rest of the paper... while thinking of a essay to come up with
    in my mock a pic of a little asian girl smiling came up as a image it rreally stuck out so went off did my texts and thought about a story of adopting a little asian girl but put myself in the shoes of the woman adopting her... got 73 out 100 so did something right..
    maybe if you thought of a broader essay you could use.. like problems in ireland maybe?? could write a story about homeless ppl a day in the life of a homeless man, garda, its soo hard to predict i know especially since its worth alot of marks... hope im being bit helpfull??

mahon and rich are easy poets to write about.. i can picture a horrible question tho... like... write a letter to a mahon
    how hard would that be and it has come up before... id would be a kick between the legs specally if you knew that poet inside out... bloody leaving cert... any one doing Wuthering Heights??
    could use a hand!!!

i got something similar in my mock for a page and a half of an essay but im not confident i can do it again, what your saying makes sense...its paper 1 so i should do fairly well anyway whatever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mahon and rich are easy poets to write about.. i can picture a horrible question tho... like... write a letter to a mahon
    how hard would that be and it has come up before... id would be a kick between the legs specally if you knew that poet inside out... bloody leaving cert... any one doing Wuthering Heights??
    could use a hand!!!

ye id be fairly good on wuthering heights only with respect to relationships really...Im doing father and son...

But im hoping for Economics Elasticity and Monopoly..Seems to be the 2 80-90% likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 owniedalad

any predictions for honours irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

What is likely to come up (according to my teacher):
    Lipids
    Marriage
    Food Processor (or any other small motor appliance)
    Iron/Vitamin C
    Fibre
    HACCP
    Cereals (wheat)
    Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

In economics elasticity didnt come up last year, so I would be really surprised, and dissappointed 'cos its handy, if it didnt come up this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nats89

Experiments- ethyne and soap
    Clove oil is tipped to come up but theres not enough in it for a full question.
    Rates of reaction could come up since its been a while
    Titration: concentrate on the redox ones esp the iron tabs one

For the rest of the paper i've heard that ionisation energy is a good possibility for question 5 and also that pH including the ion product of water is likely in another one

The senses are prob gonna come up in biology esp the diagrams of the eye and ear.

Hope that helps!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

nats89 wrote: »
    Experiments- ethyne and soap
    Clove oil is tipped to come up but theres not enough in it for a full question.
    Rates of reaction could come up since its been a while
    Titration: concentrate on the redox ones esp the iron tabs one

For the rest of the paper i've heard that ionisation energy is a good possibility for question 5 and also that pH including the ion product of water is likely in another one

The senses are prob gonna come up in biology esp the diagrams of the eye and ear.

Hope that helps!!!:D

if rates of reaction exp doesnt come up i will be surprised esp the straight line graph

soap wont come up because it came up twice in the new course
    ethyne can come up
    clove oil can come up and there can be a whole question

why do you use whole cloves 6 marks
    state 2 precations to take while conducting thexperiment 12 marks
    draw a labeled diagram of the aparatus used 18 marks
    describe the color of the material obtained at the end and name it, 9 marks
    what is an aromatic compound 5 marks

there you go a FULL question on clove oil there are ALOT more questions they can ask and who ever told you that a full question cant be asked is retarded. ofcourse the marking scheme might be messed up cuz i thought the question up as i was typing, they can go on and ask about benzene etc too

yeah ionisation energy hasnt been asked for a while it can come up in question 5 or possibly the half question because in question 5 i think they will ask about sigma and pi bonds in benzene

there will be a full qustion on water hopefully dealing with BOD and water/sweage treatment or a half question on it

a full question on either equilibrium or pH, and half question on the other

2 organic questions 1 with fules the other with synthesis, delta H calculation

for titrations

hipoclorite or iron tabs, or possibly vinegar

biology
    well this is dificult but know
    genetics (crosses + protien synthesis)
    ecology
    food
    photosynthesis (respiration)
    and all of the experiments especially IAA and isolation of DNA and the food tests

then

blood/heart
    lymphatic system
    musco skeletal

all 3 of these

or human reproduction

physics

DO EXPECT A FULL QUESTION ON HEAT (and not an experiment)
    q11 STS to deal with carbon 14 beta emmision (highly likely) or may be in the form of geo thermal heating as the full heat question but i doubt it
    full question on lenses and waves and an exp on depth real / imaginary etc
    quark composition question 10a
    half question extra on fission/fusion
    2 or more questions dealing with electricity and electro magnetic induction

exp

boyle or a vs f
    thermistor / metalic conductor
    depth of block/liquid
    length or tension

good luck to every one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OriginalName

For Art History I've been hearing alot about the Impressionists coming up from my teacher
    Anyone able to back this up?

Any idea on what pass prós are coming up in Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

accounting

manufacturing
    club
    interpretation
    published
    flexible budget

biology
    respiration exp
    photosynthesis
    reproduction
    ecology
    dna
    genetics

senses has never come up so might this year
    osmosis experiment never up either!

english
    othello - iago based question

theme/issue
    genre

remember a female poet always comes up and an irish poet,
    im hoping for boland!

good luck!xxx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

jessie11 wrote: »
    accounting

manufacturing
    club
    interpretation
    published
    flexible budget
    I hope your right.....If manufacturing and club/published doesn't come up I'll be lucky to pass.....Might even get a B if this prediction is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It'd be perfect if Manufacturing, Club, Published and Flexible(?, the one with the manufacturing and trading after it) come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

blue-army wrote: »
    I hope your right.....If manufacturing and club/published doesn't come up I'll be lucky to pass.....Might even get a B if this prediction is right!

im the same if your worried try do interpretation its a guaranteed question,our teacher had a grid done with what has come up each year and manufacturing does look the most likely!:)

jessie11 wrote: »
    im the same if your worried try do interpretation its a guaranteed question,our teacher had a grid done with what has come up each year and manufacturing does look the most likely!:)
    We only spent 40mins doing it....Our teacher said it was hard to do well in...but easy to get a C in.....
    Are there any formulas that come up regularly that would be worth learning off?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Okay im only after discovering this site now, after pickin up some very useful points so thanks lads....k im just gonna stab a guess at a few subjects here, hope im not too far out!! lol

English :

Paper 1...Sport and music are usually well catered for in the essays!!! not gna bother guessin the comprehensions!! lol
    Paper 2...Im def agreeing with everyone about Mahon and Boland, easy out as well! lol ....the othello question will have something got to do with iago no doubt, no matter what the question is anyway youre goin ta have ta put a lot of iago in it anyways!!! :P I would absolutly LOVE if Literary Genre came up!! That or Cultural Context!! :P

Irish (honours) fiche bhlian ag fás, Lig Sinn i gCathú, na Mórcanúintí, na gaeltactaí, and on paper 1 one of the comprehensions on some old religious dude....just saying that because our mocks were hogged with religion!! lol essay on an timpeallacht, slad ar na mbóthire, an córas sláinte!!! :P

Maths (Pass) : im guessin algebra MIGHT come up...no promises haha!!

Geography (honours) : ....we were told that a karstic region is very likely to come up so dat should be handy enough???

French (honours) : my teacher AND my grinds teacher are full sure of something on either fast food/obesity or racism??? i know everyones saying drugs but like thats not goin gto be the only topic....probably something on languages too??

Economics (honours) : Barely ever changes.... Elastisity, National income (EEEWWWW!! lol), demand, economies of scale, market structure....probably oligopoly, F.O.P....probably enterprise but MAYBE land???

Biology (honours) : our teachers almost sure that 2 out of enzyme immobilisation, DNA thingy and the osmosis experiments will come up!!

could someone pleeease help with some long questions on biology....all i know is ecology....living in the country and all!! lol :D

• Advertisement

nice sig! haha :D

Advertisement