Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Honours Business: (Business On-Line book)
    Q1:
    People in Business (ch. 1-3)

Q2:
    Domestic Environment (ch. 19-23)

Q3:
    International Environment (ch. 24-26)

Q4:
    Management and Enterprise (unit 2, 3)

Q5:
    Management and Business in Action (unit 3, 4, 5)

Q6:
    Management and Business in Action (above)

Q7:
    Business in Action (unit 5)

ABQ:
    probably marketing mix

Hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Anyone want to predict whats coming up for Physical/Regional Geography? i.e. primary activites in sub continental etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Would I get away with JUST RICH and MAHON????

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm doing Rich and Boland, go for it if you want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

gaz d wrote: »

thats the only two im focusing on from now on!! I'll eat my hat if they are not on the paper!! But i'm pretty sure I won't have to!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Thats fine it means i wont be the only one leaving early if they dont come up!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PeteZahut

ha look if ur gonna study just 2 poets they should be rich and boland...a female poet comes up every year and wit plath coming up last year that leaves just rich and boland...wat r d chances of plath doing a double again???....any tips for history??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm studying 4 poets
    Larkin
    Donne
    Boland
    Plath

with a quick skim over rich (can't stand her poetry really).

I think its risky learning just two as even though one of them might not come up the question might not suit you like and I think it would be too risky.

What I'm gonna study anyway, my 'tips'

Ireland 1912-1949

Rise of Sinn Féin and 1918 general election
    Treaty Negotiations and lead to Civil War
    Cumann na nGaedhael

Ireland 1949-1989
    Impact of RTE and Vatican II
    Impact of EEC on Fisheries
    First Economin Expansion
    Basically a Q on one of the Case Studies

Europe
    Stalin Show Trials
    Vichy State
    Rise of Nazi Party

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

It's not really like that Plath with come up, is it? I'm praying to God for Larkin, though I've studied Boland, Donne and Frost as well. I think hogey143's tips sound quite likely for History, but I might add "rise of Fianna Fáil" as well. I think in Honours Irish for Stair na Gaeilge Rúraíocht, Méan Cumarsáide, Fiannaíocht, Ogham and the dialects are supposed to be likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

gaz d wrote: »

The sure way to get a poet without studying them all is either doing all the Irish poets or all the Women, but Im just doing Mahon and Rich. We'll be fine..gaurantee it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

add Boland to Mahon and Rich list, other wise its very risky imho

No one has predicted plath at all so I'd say its fairly unlikely she'll come up.

I also studied Larkin, Boland and Donne (we never did frost) as there all fairly likely, Rich is also very likely but I can't stand her so I'm staying away.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Chemistry Experiments:

Chromatography
    EDTA titration
    Effect of temperature on rate of reaction
    Organic practicals - maybe clove oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

aw nooo... please no chromatography :( dont have any more strenght to cover that :(
    organics... it could be mixed one like in mocks :D

Tad bit dodgy but just looks like I'm studying Boland & Rich. I honestly think one of them will definetely come up

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

1huge1 wrote: »
    No one has predicted plath at all so I'd say its fairly unlikely she'll come up.

I also studied Larkin, Boland and Donne (we never did frost) as there all fairly likely, Rich is also very likely but I can't stand her so I'm staying away.

I agree with you there, Im only studying her because she's an easy one....but I hate her! "I hate men, Im a feminisist.....no.....wait........WAIT!.........Now Im a lesbian!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

anybody who is just doing women poets would be mad to leave out plath. a few yrs ago they put up bishop 2yrs in a row. Mahon has a good chance of coming up bt my feeling is that it wont be a nice question! dont kill me now thats just what i think!

few of ye are worried bout geog, from the sounds of it your WELL sorted! i really mean that, there is no need to be worried. i did same last yr and got an A2.

Accounting
    Q5 will be there
    Incomplete is unlikely!
    Q1 will prob be manfacturing but dont bank on it!

ye are on the right track for irish
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Anyone else thinking human resource management for business long q?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

no i dont think HRMwill come up.

• Advertisement

annie19 wrote: »
    no i dont think HRMwill come up.
    Really our business teacher has said its very likely, teamwork and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

BUSINESS:
    id be fairly confident that human resource managment will be there and i wouldnt be suprised to see a full question on change managment ( teamwork/empowerment/impact of technology on business costs and personel) apparently the tax forms were answered badly last year so could be up again possibly as a SAQ though.

I think the ABQ will have something to do with Privitisation or expanding(challenges and advantages or else compariing and contrasting Debt) and the trade possibly or TNC's locating in ireland as the C part.

Other long questions: Employment equality act wouldnt be a suprise, non legislative methods and something to do with trade unions(Q1)
    Planning organising and controlliong possibly aswell.

IRISH:
    Already posted it back a bit but my teacher is extremely high up with irish dept so... she recokons the 4 hons poems that havent come up guaranted 1, lig sin i gcathu fiche bliain and clare.... at least one of gealt and bimse buan and she said the reason they said nil aon ni isnt off the course might be cause its on the paper.

English:
    Role of women in society/ iago and either imagery or jealousy.

Boilogy:
    Senses, Gentetics(protein synthesis, a cross, fenetic engeneering and evolution) Osmosis, Digestion circulatory system skeleton system. IAA for experiments with the serial part as the theory and FOOD TESTS aswel.

Im fairly postive about them !!

Agree on the business, if osmosis comes up in honours biology though ill be pleasantly suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

Physics
    Photoelectric effect,X-rays,CRT
    Preassure Boyle's law Accelleration
    Forces of nature , quarks
    pipes
    all of heat
    Lenz's law

English
    Literary Genre , theme
    Donne,Montague,Boland,Rich
    Othello - Dramatic Scene , Desdemona & Iago as polar opposites:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blondynic

geography teacher thinks that compare and contrast the mezz and the paris basin will come up!dont know about it though!!..
    Oh and boland and mahon so everyone is saying!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 joeceppi

can someone give me any advice, tips etc for higher level physics.
    im really in a bad position as it stands!!:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Any ideas for Accounting...
    .It's my worst subject and I just need a pass...

I'm thinking of just studying Manufacturing A/Cs and one Sole Trader (just in case)
    Club A/Cs , Published
    and budgeting.....

We haven't done Q5 but is there any formulas that come up every year that I could just learn off....(as I said I only need 40%)

BTW any ideas for section 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

blue-army wrote: »
    Any ideas for Accounting...
    .It's my worst subject and I just need a pass...

I'm thinking of just studying Manufacturing A/Cs and one Sole Trader (just in case)
    Club A/Cs , Published
    and budgeting.....

We haven't done Q5 but is there any formulas that come up every year that I could just learn off....(as I said I only need 40%)

BTW any ideas for section 3?

For section three I would say a Budgeting question will come up along with another question with a mix of Marginal and maybe Absorption.

Q5, is that Interpretation of Accounts?? I would stay well clear of that question as it is tough to do well in.

For section 2, I find Club a/c's, Service Firm and Suspense account questions easy enough, along with cash flow statements. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

joeceppi wrote: »
    can someone give me any advice, tips etc for higher level physics.
    im really in a bad position as it stands!!:(:eek:

go through the book, learning definions and formulae OBH.
    Try do questions using the formulae learnt.
    try understand the formulae, makes them easier to remember.
    and don't worry, we have 3 hours for physics and the exams not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Peleus wrote: »
    go through the book, learning definions and formulae OBH.
    Try do questions using the formulae learnt.
    try understand the formulae, makes them easier to remember.
    and don't worry, we have 3 hours for physics and the exams not too bad.

I'm pretty worried about Physics too, but it's my last exam and my second last one is one the Wednesday beforehand, meaning I'll have the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to focus on Physics.

Advertisement