Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

mostly everybody is predicting questions on english and economics.........

What about other subjects like Physics, Art history, and Chemistry?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

I hope Boland/Mahon come up, they're win. Mahon in particular. I just love Antarctica, and squeezing it into essays about other poets would be tricky. Same for Boland and Love, really.
    'I am just going outside and may be some time'

craxsham wrote: »
    mostly everybody is predicting questions on english and economics.........

What about other subjects like Physics, Art history, and Chemistry?????????

Theres nothing really to predict in physics. its basically the same stuff every year. tho the experiment questions could be predicted. they're so easy tho.

now back to economics... im so screwed for that test. mainly because i haven't been listening in any classes. i failed it at christmas. it was the first exam i ever failed. (i got 39% aswell) :(

Yuugib wrote: »
    English is not one of my best subj so i m guessin i m just going to read over Donne, Boland (which i have no idea why ppl like so much :D), Plath, Frost, Montague.. havent done anything else so far..

aw how re the comparison going btw? theme/ cultural? whats it going to be?)

i hope to god literary genre doesnt come up. i hate that. two out of three come up, so just learn two and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Jaycummins my advise for u is pick a couple of topics, go to exam papers and write out the marking scheme for those exam qs! First off all u need to learn how to answer the qs properly, while doing that u learn a lot of stuff plust the qs are quite repeatable :)
    Good luck!

And Chemistry.. i think that Clove oil experiment might come up and maybe something from acid and base titrations.. like vinegar or bleach exp..
    also our teacher is very pushes all the kinds of chromotography.. gas, infa-red, mass spec too .. qs on instrumentation anyways :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Hoping that Rich comes up in English. I know her stuff best. "I hate men" pretty much the same thing over and over. Donne could come up.

Physics? Agh. Unsure as to what experiments will come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

If it's Bolands last year and Rich's first year, one of them is a definite right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Boland has a better chance than rich..... boland came up in the mock...

Mahon & donne almost definites

jaycummins wrote: »
    i hope to god literary genre doesnt come up. i hate that. two out of three come up, so just learn two and you're sorted.

themes and literary genre were on my mock

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

We have 4 poems done in English and none of them are coming up in our mocks apart from Larkin because our teacher told us, so I'm oing to gamble on Boland coming up in the Leaving and hope to God in comes good.

• Advertisement

We have 4 poems done in English and none of them are coming up in our mocks apart from Larkin because our teacher told us, so I'm oing to gamble on Boland coming up in the Leaving and hope to God in comes good.

so what other three have u done that didnt come up in your mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Boland, Plath and Frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Any ideas of what'll come up 4 Honours home-ec or Geography dis year???especially in Home ec ntrition dats a whole hog of stuff!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

In English Donne & Rich or supposed to be up but dont know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

anyone hear of which pro's n poety that might be comin up for ordinary irish???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Aw now decided on economics few weeks ago, my 4 qs will be :

1. Elastisity
    2. Demand + Cost
    3. National Income
    4. International Trade

other than that
    5. FOP with capital and possibly enterprise.. hm well if they are to be v. mean they ll stick it in land
    6. Money and Banking

Anyways that just me :) will be writing later with more subj :D

Hello! Market Structures ( Monopoly, Imperfect Competition, Perfect Competition, Price Discrimination, Oligopoly ). 75 marks in the bag like.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

anyone know wats cumin up in HL Bio or HL Business??

Ow geez forgot to include that in there :D
    Monopoly and Oligopoly im studyin too :) monopoly usually comes with price discrimination..
    thanks for correctin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,156 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

English is not one of my best subj so i m guessin i m just going to read over Donne, Boland (which i have no idea why ppl like so much :D), Plath, Frost, Montague.. havent done anything else so far..

aw how re the comparison going btw? theme/ cultural? whats it going to be?)

You could start by practicing your grammar and punctuation :p

awww.. if only it was my first language :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zonic.

Everyone,
    Had my mocks last week, Boland and Mahon deffo coming up!!!
    History, Know Parnell very well!
    Geog, Italy is coming up on the regional Q
    maths, Pass...was very hard, to be honest I could hardly give you the Q's..very tough test!
    Construction, first Q, is the septic tank and all its functions

Good look to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Saundies08

shut up zonic

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ugh I hate those people...

i was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm doing economics, and someone did advise me on this already in this thread somewhere, but i was wondering; do Market Structures, Supply & Demand, Elasticity, and National income come up every year. as in four questions that always come up??

i know national income is always on it and so are market structures, but are there any other questions that definately come up every year??

Jaycummins :
    now now there were years that they decided not to put elasticity and national income as full qs.. if they dont come up as full they re in the short ones.. dont relly on it fully.. study for about 5 - 6 qs

jaycummins wrote: »
    i was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm doing economics, and someone did advise me on this already in this thread somewhere, but i was wondering; do Market Structures, Supply & Demand, Elasticity, and National income come up every year. as in four questions that always come up??

i know national income is always on it and so are market structures, but are there any other questions that definately come up every year??

Banking is very likely this year. ( characteristics of good money, functions of money, economics effects of greater supply of money, how commercial banks creat credit, restrictions on ability to make credit, M1 and M3 money supplies, definitions like legal tender, exchequer bill etc etc. How banks become as profitable as possible but still retain '' savers'' and reconcile this deficit in which you use that pyramid portfolio, and the functions of the ECB and ICB and yes they can ask about the irish central bank before somebod tries to correct me saying ICB).

International trade is a nice topic.

Elasticity is always a runner. Never definite though.

Factors of production is very likely.

Ow geez forgot to include that in there :D
    Monopoly and Oligopoly im studyin too :) monopoly usually comes with price discrimination..
    thanks for correctin :)

Era I would study all 5 market structures to be quite honest. For the sake of a guaranteed 75 marks why take the chance? Not a bother.

Good luck with it anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fanatic4Life

It's pretty much guaranteed that either Boland or Rich'll come up, Boland seems to be favoured from what I've seen in the revision books. They generally put a woman up, so if you learn either of those I would've thought you'd be sound. Obvs get one of the male poets down too, I'll prolly go with Donne. He's easiest to write about, so much material in there!

As for Irish, I was sad to hear Cearrbhach prolly won't come up. Wouldn't mind having Fiche Blian Ag Fàs, it's pretty straight forward. Poetry...any ideas? I'd love to see Oìche Nollaig Na mBan or Mo Ghile Mear. Maigdilèana would be pretty sweet too, but I wouldn't think they'll put up two by Cathal Ò Searcaigh. Still dunno really wtf to expect for Scothscèalta. Neill would be nice, or Nòra Mharcais Bhig.

History...man, it's so broad. I'd love for Vietnam to come up for the US part. Collins would be amazing, but I'd say with everything that happened with DeV this year that he's more likely...I'd be happy out if the Show Trials came up. It'd be amaze. Dunno really what to expect in the Irish history bit. Lemass would be amaze.

Geography could be fun. An attack of MNC and Globalisation questions would be fantastic. Regional stuffs...umm..I dunno..Italy would be nice. Maybe even Germany?

French is going to be painful, doesn't matter what happens here. Drugs seem likely? They could throw anything at you really.

Biology...I don't even know. Anyone have any ideas for the experiments?? I'd feel that the one to isolate DNA has a decent chance only cos it's so confusing. Haven't looked at the papers on this one yet.

I'm doing pass maths and not counting it, so...I dunno, I'm not too pushed about it. Just hope it's a nice paper. *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ktm18

dont listen to predictions, last year kingship was supposed to come up for macbeth, and it didnt. there was tonnes for history and it was really just 2006 paper again. DONT LISTEN!! but if you study both women poets one will def come up, cos the sec would be slated for not having a female poet up, they always have one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

its not the mocks dont reley on predicitions 4 d real thing
    it can easily backfire
    get the heads down OR else do ordinary level!:cool::cool::cool:

Advertisement