Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Please please dont post copyrighted material in this thread :( its going to be deleted otherwise.

Polarexpress edit ur post plz

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    In chemistry the clove oil experiment is not very likely to come up on its own in section A because there is very little real chemistry in it. However it could come up as half a question. If i was to pick an organic chemistry experiment to come up ethene or ethyne are more likely.

I agree, there isn't enough in the experiment to warrant a full question on clove oil. I think ethyne is more likely than ethene. It hasn't come up since 2003 where as ethene was in the mandatory section in 2004 and was asked in section B in 2005 and 2006.

for the titration question, percentage of hypochlorite in bleach has never been asked.

Relative Molecular Mass of a volatile liquid hasn't been on since 03 either for the third question. There isn't much that can be asked there when you take out the organic and titrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 polarexpress

Yuuugib they are not the EXACT questions more like tips. therefore it is not copyright material. and the moderator will see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

For economics predictions aren't needed. Start off by making sure you know the fundamental principles really well. Then there are enough easy topics available for anyone to do well in

Elasticity, National Income, Market Theory, International Trade and Payments, Money and Banking, Factors of Production, Supply and Demand, Inflation.

There's a lot of topics there but in reality none of them are very hard to study. Once you understand the concepts it's just a case of some very easy learning.

At the end of the day you have to answer 4 out of 8 questions in section B. If you can't do that with reasonable competence you really need to ask yourself if you should be bothering with the subject

The only other obvious advice is answer all the micro questions (usually 3) that come up in B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

I dont think marginal costing will come up in accounting.. i really hope it does. However I've noticed a trend and if this trend continues Absorption costing will be up on the paper (Hnrs & Pass).....what a bumer! Does any one have any thoughts on Home Economics??? I don't think Lipids will have a major part in the exam because it's to predictable...what do ye think???? then again the new course has been on the go since June 04 & hasn't come up. I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

I dont think marginal costing will come up in accounting in the REAL LEAVING CERT.. i really hope it does. However I've noticed a trend and if this trend continues Absorption costing will be up on the paper (Hnrs & Pass).....what a bumer! Does any one have any thoughts on Home Economics??? I don't think Lipids will have a major part in the exam because it's to predictable...what do ye think???? then again the new course has been on the go since June 04 & hasn't come up. I wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

anyone know whats coming up on the examcraft hisotry HL? please pm me i hav most exams if u need dem!! pm me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Business:
    ABQ: Marketing Mix (part A), International Trade - benefits/drawbacks (C)
    The Labour Relations Commission/Labour Court (Long Q1)
    Human Resource Management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I think that Manufacturing Account is due to come up in the Accounting Higher Level paper. If it does, since its much harder than the Sole Trader etc...I think that they'll put a flexible account in the management section.

I have a feeling that accounting paper might be quite tricky this year too.. 2007 was a nice surprise.. I wonder what they ll do for this years one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

just from what ive been told.
    Irish(best predicter ever,always gets it right)
    fiche blian ag fas ,clare sa speir,lig sinn i gcathu
    oiche nollaig na mban,dan do mhelissa,an mhathair
    stair-gaelteachtai,ruraiocht/fiannaiocht,mean cumarsaide

geog-Know Rock Cycle to a tee,definitely coming up.

A/C-Manufacturing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 purpleeblue

wudnt be so sure bout pickin Boland as a definite!shes a probability but shes on da course again in 2 years nd she wasnt on my mock paper!learnt my lesson coz she was da only poet i learned 4 it!!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

English - Adrienne Rich is pretty much guaranteed to come up at this stage, Mahon and Boland are likely too

/Me contemplates just studying Rich :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yes Im hearing a lot of Rich and Donne myself,

I'm one of the few to actually like Donne so i'm going to study him very well, (not saying that I wont prepare for any others...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Stair na gailge...

Well i was looking at the past papers on stair and there is aways two or more women poets.. sweet.. there is only six on the course:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

This might be useful for all the Accounting heads. It shows the topics that have come up since 1997.

My money is on:
    • Manufacturing Account
    • Correction of Errors and Suspense (possible 60 marker?)
    • Depreciation
    • Interpretation of Accounts (obvious, but this isn't actually a guaranteed question as some people assume)
    • Published Accounts (100 marker)
    • Club Account

Section 3 is very difficult to guess but maybe
    • Budgeting (Production)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

conzymaher wrote: »
    English - Adrienne Rich is pretty much guaranteed to come up at this stage, Mahon and Boland are likely too

/Me contemplates just studying Rich :p

I was just planning on only studying rich, mahon n boland anyway!!

The temptation of only studyin 2 though given the strong hints everyones hearing!!!:p

Rich and...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I am 100% positive Plath will be up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

How so sure? We havn't studied her! Our english teacher is fairly confident of Rich also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I have a feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

I am 100% positive Plath will be up again.

Three years in a row?? Hasn't happened before?? There's a first time for everything i s'pose......

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Era I would study all 5 market structures to be quite honest.

There are 5 now!?!.... what have i missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I'm getting a little bit worried about Geography. For physical geography section, all I've prepared are the questions that have come up in the last two years as I just presumed they will repapet themselves. I was grand for the Mock, as the same thing came up as what came up in 06 and 07 but now I'm starting to get slightly nervous about the thing.

Also, is anyone else doing the Global Interdepedence book option for the 80 mark question? What are people's predeictions for this? All we did in class was the Big 3(global Warming, Desertification and Deforestation-came up in both of the last two years) along with Fair Trade, Aid and the Sustainable Use of Resources. Is this enough?

I ve been on accounting seminat in ucd.. and omg.. they said that instead of published incomplete records(2) might come up.. awwww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 marus aureilous

month 2 go heard des 4 my subjects

irish pp2
    a cearrbhach mc caba nd lig sinn igcathu
    b an bhean og(hope it doesnt) or clare

poetry
    a bimse buan and nil aon ni(coz of o searcaigh n da news) or gealt

b jack or faoiseamh a

b part
    one of oiche nollaig na mban(30 years since his death this year0 ir da other 3 which havent come up mathair da meidir aris or mellissa always 1 fella 1 women got grinds off da fella hu writes fiuntas 2

english pp1 text b diary wasnt der last yr hopefully b der

pp2 othello 2 of theme character(iago) or setting plus imagery and appeal

them and issue and litery genre(c c came up 4 last 2 yrs)

poetry(normally 1 man 1 women 1 old 1 new)
    1.mahon or larkin
    2.boland
    3.donne(of course next year)
    4.rich
    dese r my 1 cud b different no frost id say nd dnt tink montague
    accounting
    getin grinds off fella wit 4 no1 students n past 5 yrs
    says q2. depreciation
    3.suspense
    4cashflow/incomplete records(2003) one
    5. ratios
    6. published
    7 club
    8.cvp
    9. budgets materials one
    dunno bout others sorry best of luck 2 all nd any otha tips wud b immense n geog chem r french plz

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

its ridiculous to say nil aon ni is comin up because of o searcaigh in the news.the paper was made before o searcaighs scandal came out and also Nil aon ni is definitely not coming up its been up so much so not this year so sorry but your way off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

The english poetry right..
    This is crazy right.
    But we've only covered 3.
    An bhfuilimse screwed go huile is go hiomlan?
    He is some idiot. been teaching for years and yonks and he sort of realised today that there is a high chance that we will be left stumped.
    We've done Rich, Mahon and Boland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 marus aureilous

ya same wit cc der teacher relised we nly did themes lik seriously bad. hopefully nil aon ni wnt cum up but heard of it b4 dis o searcaigh ting nd dey can change it throughout da yr fter bein made n october lik. hopefully faoiseamh a geobhaidsh and bimse buan nd gealt 3 easiet poems ive ever done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Yuugib wrote: »
    I ve been on accounting seminat in ucd.. and omg.. they said that instead of published incomplete records(2) might come up.. awwww :(

:eek:

Our teacher is leaving that out completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Here is what I think:

Maths - Higher Level:
    Paper 1
    - Factor Theorem Proof
    - Perfect Square Problem (a-b)^2 >0
    - Induction of an inequality
    - First principles sinx and the quoient rule
    - Integration - Volume of a cone

Paper 2
    Macluarin approximation of pi.

Geography - Volcanos, Rejuvenation

Physics
    a is proportional to F
    Boyle's Law
    Fundamental frequency (tension/length)

Aside: I heard that back in 1997 English Paper 2 was given out in a particular school before Paper 1. Anyone know if this is true?

Advertisement