Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Hitman wrote: »
    Accounting: Club and Published are major predictions.

That'd be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

SRFC90 wrote: »
    nice one, cheers! i'd say ya did some work now! hoping to get an 'a' in it as it's one of my more favourable subjects as the work aint too heavy.

anybody have any ideas for ordinary irish regarding the stories n poetry??:)
    Could'nt agree more I love geography but if I'm ever stuck for a point I always bring in my own knowledge into it, for instance we had a exam question on overpopulation, had to get 15 srp's so I started going on about what I knew on tokyo and the netherlands and mali (saying how its underpopulated) etc and got full marks while the rest of the class were complaining to the teacher about not having enough srp's in the notes and thats why they done badly.

Course if your stuck you could just as easily make up figures (assuming there not to retarded and you'll get the points)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

1huge1 wrote: »
    Could'nt agree more I love geography but if I'm ever stuck for a point I always bring in my own knowledge into it, for instance we had a exam question on overpopulation, had to get 15 srp's so I started going on about what I knew on tokyo and the netherlands and mali (saying how its underpopulated) etc and got full marks while the rest of the class were complaining to the teacher about not having enough srp's in the notes and thats why they done badly.

Course if your stuck you could just as easily make up figures (assuming there not to retarded and you'll get the points)[/QUOTE]

Thats why geography is easily one of the best subjects to do for the Lc. It actually rewards some intelligence and common sense, plus its pretty easy if you have a head for random facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Eng: Mahon & Rich(hate her with a passion)

Eco:Market Form-PDM/Oligopoly
    FOP-Capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carrig2007

I am fairly certain than PUBLISHED 100 marker will come up in accounting. MARK MY WORDS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

uh we had publish for christmas.. i thought they were quite nice :) quite easy too .. so.. mm me definitely marking ur words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

Yuugib wrote: »
    uh we had publish for christmas.. i thought they were quite nice :) quite easy too .. so.. mm me definitely marking ur words :D

i was thinking of giving grinds in Accounting. Do you think there is much of a market? Are many of your friends getting accounting grinds? and if so, what areas are people struggling in?

My friend seems to be struggling in accounting, she just doesnt seems to get why the figures and things go where they supposed to go, if u know what i mean.
    I tried to help her, but unfortunately it didnt work out well )

The rest of the class are not in the better position, we have two classes in the year and there is only about 5 of us aming for a1.. so khm.. anyways i think there is deffinitely market for it, as long as u can explain it well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

Has any1 any geography or history predictions?? Ur all very good at the phychic thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

English- whichever female/Irish poets that aren't Plath or Montague. Question B's- difficult, to make up for last year's ridiculously easy smoking ban letter..woo that was great. Question A's, a language question, there weren't any last year.

History- probably more of an emphasis on the easy topics Hitler etc. than the abstract ones that were all over the paper last year. The topic thing- 1913 strike and lockout, or possibly the 1885/6 elections if they want to be mean.

Geography- a fecking language/religion question instead of 'migration' in the option. Similar to last year..it's pretty difficult to deviate. Yes, make up stuff to get the SRP quota, as long as it sounds right.

Doing 7 poets is ridiculous, obviously other parts of the course are being neglected. Out of the long questions, it's worth the least. We did 5, I focused on 2, one came up (Plath).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 natrisioga

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on the topic that will be asked in the Irish music essay section of the music paper!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Do 5 poets...not 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Okay.... english.....

Boland i reckon for the woman poet... did rich as well but doubt it cos shes on for the next 3 years... Larkin and Mahon n possibly Donne as well

Accounting...

Cash flow is too easy for a hundred marker....
    dont be shocked if manufactor doesnt come up.... sole trader is possible.... manufactor came up in 1997,2001,2005 and predictively not again until 2009....

Club accounts n published... n maybe suspense as 100 marker.

Job costing has to come up in section three...

Irish... reckon lig sinn i gcathu n clare sa speir... n fiche bhlian ag fas..

Nil aon ni hopefully not...

Honours... Oiche Nollaig Na mban & B'fheidir aris dar gcumman...

aw we havent done job costing yet :(
    Marginal costing has a high chance of comming up as well.. god i hope its going to be either it or production budget :D btw i cant remeber if a wrote about the depreciation accounts.. well they have the highest chance of comming up :D

and one more qs that had been bothering me for ages now.. u know the way teachers write mock papers.. well .. do they actually take into account the stuff that had came up already? or they can just put whatever they want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Iano2K8

Job Costing is so easy! We have only ever done 2 exam questions and basically they throw the 80 marks at ya!

Teachers i think put on what they think has the highest chance of coming up in the real thing... that what my teachers told us anyways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

oh dear i love this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

this thread shouldnt fall, predictions give us more motivation :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I hope Donne comes up in English, his poetry's the best by far of any of the poets...

Classical Studies - my teacher is widely tipping the Parthenon in Temples and the battle of Granicus for Alexander... Anyone agree?

From what I've heard, in history (for the documents):
    Vietnam War - most likely by far, Bus Boycott running a very close second, and, apparently, the moon landings are almost certain NOT to come up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

hey anyone got any ideas for honours irish... poetry, history or the novel question depending on which you do....

we are doing maidhc dainin... not very exciting fella but there is very little that can be asked really...
    - Ireland, England and the State in the 50s and 60s
    - People that influence Maidhc
    - His Youth
    - Relationship with his parents
    - Racism in the States....

Aw now decided on economics few weeks ago, my 4 qs will be :

1. Elastisity
    2. Demand + Cost
    3. National Income
    4. International Trade

other than that
    5. FOP with capital and possibly enterprise.. hm well if they are to be v. mean they ll stick it in land
    6. Money and Banking

Anyways that just me :) will be writing later with more subj :D

• Advertisement

I hope Eaven Boland comes up, find her fair easy for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

English - Mahon, Boland, Larkin, Donne. First 2 are near definites, 50/50 for the others

History - I'd love either Vietnam or the Moon Landing for the document question, im not too pushed about the bus boycott. But theres no way of predicting which one they'll go for.

French - I wouldnt be surprised if drugs came up. It was all over the news around the time they were making up the papers

Music - Surely they wouldn't go for another minor melody!?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do 5 poets...not 4

To be honest, I completely gambled my poets in 6th year:

every year, 1 female poet always shows up on the paper on the day.

We had the fortune of only having 2 female poets on the course that year.

Actually I think both of them showed up on the paper in a bizarre twist... it was 2006 if you want to check up on that yourself. I remember doing Dickinson, iirc.
    Yuugib wrote:
    Aw now decided on economics few weeks ago, my 4 qs will be :

1. Elastisity
    2. Demand + Cost
    3. National Income
    4. International Trade

other than that
    5. FOP with capital and possibly enterprise.. hm well if they are to be v. mean they ll stick it in land
    6. Money and Banking

I loved Economics! Picked it up in 6th year and scored a B2 :D Theres no reason for economics I wouldnt study the reccomended number of questions: no point in gambling - it was all so lovable :)

Economies of Scale is another one you should consider though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i hope to god Bishop comes up when i do the leaving (next year) i love her poems so far :D

Aw yes economies of scale will come up in the market structure i think.. awww well we'll see :)

For chemistry Benzoic acid have a high chance of comming up in the mocks who ever wants that info, and then acid+base titrations.. thats what they say in the school anyway :)

why does everyone think boland is coming up?
    I hope your right but how do ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

if we only have to answer on 1 poet, im gonna study boland and mahon really really well (seen as they're tippped to come up), n others not as detailed? would that make sense or is it a little foolish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It's foolish in the sense of, if neither of those come up you're screwed. You've only to answer on 1, but only 4 out of the 8 come up on the paper. It's up to you though, I believe a fair number of people make the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Accounting:
    S1 - Sole Trader/Manufacturer
    S2 - Ratio/Published/Club
    S3 - Marginal Costing/Flexible Budget

Economics:
    Capital/Enterprise
    Elasticity/Demand
    Monopoly/Oligopoly

There my guess' anyway.

• Advertisement

English is not one of my best subj so i m guessin i m just going to read over Donne, Boland (which i have no idea why ppl like so much :D), Plath, Frost, Montague.. havent done anything else so far..

aw how re the comparison going btw? theme/ cultural? whats it going to be?)

Advertisement