Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

on the english syllabi it states that 6 poets should be studied. therefore students can choose 6 from 8.
    is that hard to comperhend?
    its better to be safe than sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Business - I have a feeling that Marketing Mix will appear on the ABQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Annie and kmt now now this topic doesnt specify that u should EXACTLY study the topics listed here, nobody just relys on something that people say here.. well exept that post about algebra comming up :D

Please dont turn this topic into discussion how bad it is and blah blah blah, its a bit irrelevant. People only expressing their feelings about the exams.
    Plus there are many exams that re quite predictable - eg accounting.. now i m not saying its totaly is.. but what are the chances of company qs being on the paper this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ktm18

i was just saying, i did the lc last year and its easy to get sucked into the whole prediction thing, when infact i dont think the papers have even been drawen up yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BEAT.old

http://www.bebo.com/lcpredictions

made just for you! :D

help get this thing off the ground a bit :D might aswell be doing something SLIGHTLY worthwhile when wasting hours on bebo ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

BEAT.old wrote: »
    http://www.bebo.com/lcpredictions

made just for you! :D

help get this thing off the ground a bit :D might aswell be doing something SLIGHTLY worthwhile when wasting hours on bebo ;p

I like the idea.
    Link isn't working for me though.

Accounting: I've been hearing from a lot of people that Manufacturing Accounts are coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnculloty

anyone going to have a guess at the physics experiments?? i reckon its going to be light 3 sound 2 electricity either 3 or 4 and mechanics either 1 2 or 6! agree or disagree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

anyone going to have a guess at the physics experiments?? i reckon its going to be light 3 sound 2 electricity either 3 or 4 and mechanics either 1 2 or 6! agree or disagree??

F is proportional to a just has to come up as Q1. I'd be really surprised if it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

hey what do ppl think wil come up in irish and home ec?? id say an essay abowt drugai cos a d whole cocaine thing..

what abowt home ec??

any1 got ne ideas??

deffo boland r rich for eng....

bolands last year nd richs 1st...

am learnin them 2!!

economics=> monopoly nd enterprise..
    elasticity, govt nd the economy, economic growth&development, economic aims nd obj of the govt.

gud luk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dani20008

Home ecc:
    This is an easy subject all that is required of you is to learn the 6 nutrients off by heart ..

Section A-short questions
    • 8 out of the 12 questions are food related-
    To get maximum marks give short and precise answers...e.g State one defiencey of vitimin B.12 :Anemia ( wrong) ...Pernicious( correct) very specific
    Section B and C-long q's
    • keep answers short and write in point form always
    Lipids has'nt appeared in a major question yet so i reckon Lipids,fish-omega3's and maybe heart disease could be question 1 this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

English poetry - Larkin, Donne, Mahon

Single text - Iago question or something general.

History - Vietnam

German - adjectival endings, something about racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clairefb

Timans wrote: »
    Is it Eavan Bolands last year on the course for definite?!

If so, it would make my life a lot easier as it is quite likely she'll come up.

Although, isn't this Rich's first year? Therefore, I'm expecting to see her.

even though she is up this year she is also on again next year! i personally think it will be Boland and Larkin.
    a letter is guareenteed in paper two as a question B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

dani20008 wrote: »
    Home ecc:
    This is an easy subject all that is required of you is to learn the 6 nutrients off by heart ..

Section A-short questions
    • 8 out of the 12 questions are food related-
    To get maximum marks give short and precise answers...e.g State one defiencey of vitimin B.12 :Anemia ( wrong) ...Pernicious( correct) very specific
    Section B and C-long q's
    • keep answers short and write in point form always
    Lipids has'nt appeared in a major question yet so i reckon Lipids,fish-omega3's and maybe heart disease could be question 1 this year

Is home economics easy to study i don't do it at because its not there to do . But would it be easy to study ??? as a extra subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

Brooke01 wrote: »
    Is home economics easy to study i don't do it at because its not there to do . But would it be easy to study ??? as a extra subject

PERSONALLY I FIND IT A DIFFICULT SUBJECT. EVEN THOUGH I GOT AN A IN HL FOR MY JUNIOR CERT. THERES A LOT TO LEARN AND IT TAKES UP A LOT OF MY STUDY TIME. ALTHOUGH IF U WERE WILLING TO PUT A GOOD BIT OF TIME INTO IT YOU COULD DO VERY WELL....

I do Home economics on my own since last October. Brother reckons ill get a good grade.................ya id say its a subject you could pick up. Go 4 it!:D

annie19 wrote: »
    I do Home economics on my own since last October. Brother reckons ill get a good grade.................ya id say its a subject you could pick up. Go 4 it!:D

do you think still time to do it for the LC ???. And what books are the best to buy ??? .Also i'm in a all boys school so home economics is not there as a subject so i'll be the same as you

ya go 4 t, is wat I say.
    55% of the course is pure "cop on"
    do the social elective and the food studies isnt to bad
    I have a few text books
    I find "lifelines" the best
    its short nd concise but has all the material u will need.

best of luck and let me know how u get on

ya go 4 t, is wat I say.
    55% of the course is pure "cop on"
    do the social elective and the food studies isnt to bad
    I have a few text books
    I find "lifelines" the best
    its short nd concise but has all the material u will need.

best of luck and let me know how u get on

Oh is there any project to be done in Home economics. Is it hard to do HL level, thanks for the help!! Really helpful. Thanks again !! :D:D Which helps the best exam papers or the book

ya, there was a cookery project. we had 5 assginments to do. we were given requirments and had to do each according to these. The bad news is there already sent off since last November and a teacher and princpal has to sign for it. Its worth 20%.
    But if u want to make up an Hnrs subject id say go 4 it cause you could still get 80pts from it. if i was u id stick to the textbook for the most part. The folens exam papers are the best. they have thr best sample questons. id say stick with lipids milk wheat butter and few speacil diets along with social nd u wud be fine! let me no wat u think!

ya, there was a cookery project. we had 5 assginments to do. we were given requirments and had to do each according to these. The bad news is there already sent off since last November and a teacher and princpal has to sign for it. Its worth 20%.
    But if u want to make up an Hnrs subject id say go 4 it cause you could still get 80pts from it. if i was u id stick to the textbook for the most part. The folens exam papers are the best. they have thr best sample questons. id say stick with lipids milk wheat butter and few speacil diets along with social nd u wud be fine! let me no wat u think!

Thanks still :):(:) sure i'll let you know how things are when i go back to school. thax for the help still !!! really help ful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

stick to the cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

In chemistry the clove oil experiment is not very likely to come up on its own in section A because there is very little real chemistry in it. However it could come up as half a question. If i was to pick an organic chemistry experiment to come up ethene or ethyne are more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

My Accounting teacher is fairly accurate in her predictions and has predicted them for the last few years perfect. She knew what was coming up on last year's Accounting exam and she was right. This year she's revised everything we've done that she thinks will come up which is:

Section 1:
    - Depreciation of a FA
    - Cashflow Statement

Section 2:
    - Interpretation of a/c's
    - Published a/c
    - Club a/c

Section 3:
    - Functional (aka Production) Budget

She won't do question 1 with us because she says it's a waste of time when people normally do better in the 60 mark questions and our whole class agrees with her. She said we might do marginal costing if we get time but again she said people do better in the budgets so she's not worried if we don't get it done.

All those questions that we've revised though are real easy once you get the hang of them. She doubts Incomplete Records will come up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Aw i think u should deffinetely try to do marginal costing.. i mean its such an easy qs.. and its also very fast to do :) saves u lots of valuble time.. i would be v. happy if it actualy came up in the real thing..

For Business I have the same teacher as I have for Accounting and as I said she's fairly accurate. She's actually an amazing teacher and we've finished the entire course since January and our class do really well in tests she gives us. But Business isn't as predictable so she's given us things to know which are:

- Break Even Chart
    - The Product Lifecycle
    - All 7 Acts in Unit 1
    - The EU Policy's
    - The EU Council's
    - The new product development process
    - The barriers to free trade
    - The management style theories
    - Market Research
    - Sources of Finance
    - Different types of Business organisations

She also said do question 1 of the long questions because it's usually answered well. She said if we know Units 5,6,7 really well we could leave out revising Units 2,3,4 because 5,6,7 covers us for the ABQ aswell.

For short questions she said always give 3 points of information in each question and an example can count for one of the 3 points but isn't necessary. She said do all 10 to be safe and do the short questions last because sometimes after you do the ABQ and the long questions, you can answer short questions better.

She also said don't bother doing grinds in business because what's the point when you have to learn the whole book anyway and grinds will only give you more notes to learn. She said don't write out pages of notes either. She said learn a topic and then close the book and say everything you know about the topic out loud as if you're teaching a class and if you can't do that then you don't know it well enough so you need to revise it more. We get oral tests all the time because it actually is a better form of learning.

Anyway I just thought I'd post that for anyone who wants it.

Yuugib wrote: »
    Aw i think u should deffinetely try to do marginal costing.. i mean its such an easy qs.. and its also very fast to do :) saves u lots of valuble time.. i would be v. happy if it actualy came up in the real thing..

I haven't looked at a marginal costing question but hopefully we do get a chance to do it. But our class are pretty much sorted for the budget and we've done all 3 types. Cash are the hardest, flexible are the easiest and functional is in between. I'd love a flexible budget but they came up last year so it's not likely it will come up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

Do you get the Business Studies Magazine? Would you sellt hem to me?

I haven't looked at a marginal costing question but hopefully we do get a chance to do it. But our class are pretty much sorted for the budget and we've done all 3 types. Cash are the hardest, flexible are the easiest and functional is in between. I'd love a flexible budget but they came up last year so it's not likely it will come up this year.

u2livecd wrote: »
    Do you get the Business Studies Magazine? Would you sellt hem to me?

Ye I do get the magazines but I use them. They're amazing for Published a/c's and Interpretation of a/c's. They're good in Business for ABQ's and short questions mainly. I'll scan some pages of one for you if you tell me what you want out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

well i think my irish teacher has something to do with the papers because i remeber the week before the junior cert exam she decided to write an essay with us which was word for word except for a computer and a text message which was on the irish so:

L.c higher level she says: STAIR: ogham, colaiste lovain,na gaeltachtai, gaeilge sna mean chumarsaide, cuirteanna filiochta or bard scoileanna and possible ruraiocht. she dosent reckon fiannaioht becaus eshe thinks that if an mhathair comes up (which she is recommending) the nine marker will be on treithe fiannaiochta.

Lig sin i gcathu and fiche bliain defo and she also reckons the cearrbhach could possibly be in the A section to put people of. bimse buan and gealt definatly.

na cluiche olimplca and slainte and drugs as with racsim tied in aswel.

only predications though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 polarexpress

study

Advertisement