Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCpredictions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm hearing from my german teacher that relative pronouns have a good chance of coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Yuugib wrote: »
    Now ladies and gents, why dont we talk about some thing very useful, that is predictions for the lc this year. ...

Useful and predictions in the same sentence. Surely that's some sort of contradiction???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 got-it!

Anyone got predictions for irish,
    geog,
    agg science,
    french,
    eng,-im thinkin about takin a gamble and focusin on the women!
    biology,
    business

any help would be apreciated!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yasmin

:(got any tips for biology badly needed!!!
    wat comes up every year??

help for art history!!vip!!!
    is it true that i jus hav 2learn 1 sec. 4m each area lyk irsh history i can jus do christian croses development??

any help for french wats topical at the mo besides drugs??:(
    :confused::confused::confused:

thankz

yasmin wrote: »
    :(got any tips for biology badly needed!!!
    wat comes up every year??

help for art history!!vip!!!
    is it true that i jus hav 2learn 1 sec. 4m each area lyk irsh history i can jus do christian croses development??

any help for french wats topical at the mo besides drugs??:(
    :confused::confused::confused:

thankz
    Biology: every year genetics, (and a cross), ecology, photosynthesis/respiration

plus theres only 22 expirments and there's none to difficult if you keep at them and your guranteed 3 like...

other than that its guess work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 awaitingdrummer

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Useful and predictions in the same sentence. Surely that's some sort of contradiction???

No, its not a contradiction at all really... say u didnt make any predictions and decided to study Frost and Montague really well and the others not so well... you wouldnt be setting yourself up too well then. Sensible predictions are certainly useful

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Anyone predict anything for the Irish (H) paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

...say u didnt make any predictions and decided to study Frost and Montague really well and the others not so well... you wouldnt be setting yourself up too well then. Sensible predictions are certainly useful

And suppose someone said "Frost and Montague are tipped to come up this year" and people went off and studied them really well and the other poets not so well, wouldn't that be the same thing if the predictions were wrong???

Just looking at many of the posts in here from people who are desperate for any tips/predictions in terms of what might come up, it would be a fair guess that they'll grasp at whatever is "predicted" and could really screw themselves over.

Obviously the English course has changed since my day (25 years ago), but back then, they had to ask an Irish poet, so you narrowed down your course to just those poets and that got the poetry question done - no predictions necessary.

All that I'm saying is that predictions are a very dangerous thing when they're taken up by students who haven't done much/any work. A well-prepared student shouldn't need predictions.

Oh, and it is a VERY dangerous idea to use the attitude "It hasn't been asked
    in x years so it's very likely to be asked this year" or even the opposite "It's been asked every year for the past x years so it's due a rest". Previous papers are not consulted when new papers are being written.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

My Accounting teacher is fairly accurate in her predictions and has predicted them for the last few years perfect. She knew what was coming up on last year's Accounting exam and she was right. This year she's revised everything we've done that she thinks will come up which is:

Section 1:
    - Depreciation of a FA
    - Cashflow Statement

Section 2:
    - Interpretation of a/c's
    - Published a/c
    - Club a/c

Section 3:
    - Functional (aka Production) Budget

She won't do question 1 with us because she says it's a waste of time when people normally do better in the 60 mark questions and our whole class agrees with her. She said we might do marginal costing if we get time but again she said people do better in the budgets so she's not worried if we don't get it done.

All those questions that we've revised though are real easy once you get the hang of them. She doubts Incomplete Records will come up at all.

OMG! That would be such an brilliant paper!!! Except.. I love question 1.. its the exact same thing over and over... though saying that I must have done a 100 million of them by now haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I know its almost impossible to predict what's going to come up in french, but does anyone have any possibilities about the opinion or letter ??

I've been studying sport and drugs but anyone else have any 'feelings' ?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Oh god this thread brings back such horrible memories of panick! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone doing exams- and whatever hapens, remember they are only exams. As much as it feels like it good results done make your life and bad results dont ruin it. Its one small step!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

does protein synthesis come up every year? im F***ED i dont know it at all...

does protein synthesis come up every year? im F***ED i dont know it at all...
    Sure if it does you don't have to do it like, theres a fair bit of choice in biology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 less is more

My predictions for Physics:

Experiments
    -Calibration curve of a thermometer
    -Variation of the resistance of a xxxx with temperature
    -measurement of velocity OR acceleration (ticker tape stuff)
    -not sure about last one, but probably a sound experiment

The rest of the paper, you can't really guess, but the topics I think will come up in some way or another:

-experiments with electroscopes
    -capacitance formulae
    -alternating current
    -photoelectric effect
    -overtones/ harmonics
    -properties of a wave
    -total internal reflection
    -gravity
    -momentum
    -moments

I have no idea what mathematical problems will come up though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

hogey143 wrote: »
    I know its almost impossible to predict what's going to come up in french, but does anyone have any possibilities about the opinion or letter ??

I've been studying sport and drugs but anyone else have any 'feelings' ?
    Cheers

Obesity, Olympic Games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Obesity, Olympic Games?
    Drugs and the environment are due to come up aswell....maybe tying in with the olympics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

Classical Studies - my teacher is widely tipping the Parthenon in Temples and the battle of Granicus for Alexander... Anyone agree?

Who's your teacher? :P

thats exactly what ours is saying too...good change of a plots question for Alexander.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Ag Sci,

Whats to worry Ques 2 soil sci only 60 pages all in
    Ques 7 Genetics what 20 pages all in
    Doe Ques 1 and half of paper over
    Then Ques 4 couple of exp and your laughin

Must be easiest paper out there

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

month 2 go heard des 4 my subjects

irish pp2
    a cearrbhach mc caba nd lig sinn igcathu
    b an bhean og(hope it doesnt) or clare

poetry
    a bimse buan and nil aon ni(coz of o searcaigh n da news) or gealt

b jack or faoiseamh a

b part
    one of oiche nollaig na mban(30 years since his death this year0 ir da other 3 which havent come up mathair da meidir aris or mellissa always 1 fella 1 women got grinds off da fella hu writes fiuntas 2

english pp1 text b diary wasnt der last yr hopefully b der

pp2 othello 2 of theme character(iago) or setting plus imagery and appeal

them and issue and litery genre(c c came up 4 last 2 yrs)

poetry(normally 1 man 1 women 1 old 1 new)
    1.mahon or larkin
    2.boland
    3.donne(of course next year)
    4.rich
    dese r my 1 cud b different no frost id say nd dnt tink montague
    accounting
    getin grinds off fella wit 4 no1 students n past 5 yrs
    says q2. depreciation
    3.suspense
    4cashflow/incomplete records(2003) one
    5. ratios
    6. published
    7 club
    8.cvp
    9. budgets materials one
    dunno bout others sorry best of luck 2 all nd any otha tips wud b immense n geog chem r french plz
    I love you. But what does CVP mean for A/Cing Q8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bohs1890

eddiej wrote: »
    Ag Sci,

Whats to worry Ques 2 soil sci only 60 pages all in
    Ques 7 Genetics what 20 pages all in
    Doe Ques 1 and half of paper over
    Then Ques 4 couple of exp and your laughin

Must be easiest paper out there

+ 20% in the bag from the oral... but wdc with 60 pgs all-in ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

I've heard Nà Lig Sinn I gCathù for Irish too...decent story, but I hope it's a nice question. Always found that one kinda hard to write about.

Poetry in Irish is no bother really though, I mean, they give you the damn thing on the paper. Reading through it'll remind you what you've got to say about it! I'd love if Bìmse Buan came up though...

Anyone else doing Scothscèalta? Beirt Bhean Misniùl & Anam an Easpag are the only two that haven't come up yet. I figure studying them and three others would have you fairly well covered...

Fingers crossed for Iago in English, ditto for Boland/Donne in Poetry. And Literary Genre would make me very happy indeed.

I've heard a lot for Photosynthesis & the Female Reproductive System in Bio.

Global Warming (and/or Desertification/Deforestation) has come up for Interdependence in Geo the last two years...Such a nice question that, hope it reappears.

In History people seem to think the EEC & Fisheries is due...I figure learning everything about Hitler probs has you safe enough for Europe. I mean...they can't exactly ignore the Nazis...

what do ye tink about the culture and identity q??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What do you think about Accounting (Higher Level) Q1....Manufacturing? Sole Trader?

Club Accounts better come up as a 100 marker.....if not I'm doomed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

Is this year not one of those years that they can put up any one of them...

sole trade, manufacturing or company....

and as for geography..... I think if you know regions like the Basques, Belgium, Kashmir.... You should be able to work
    around the culture and identity question.....

:)

does anyone think this is a good bet for eng,plath,rich,boland, theme and issue 4 comparative and knowing iago really well,othello is grand jus worried about my poets!a woman has to come up tho dont they????

also irish honours poetry???any suggestions im thinkin an mhathair and da mb'fheidir aris dar gcumann???

any tips are welcomed!

got-it! wrote: »
    does anyone think this is a good bet for eng,plath,rich,boland, theme and issue 4 comparative and knowing iago really well,othello is grand jus worried about my poets!a woman has to come up tho dont they????

also irish honours poetry???any suggestions im thinkin an mhathair and da mb'fheidir aris dar gcumann???

any tips are welcomed!
    Well all ive gone over for the othello question is character questions, im gonna learn both iago and othello like. Its definitly gonna be one of them like becuase your guranteed a character question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jaymacgray

I might be a bit late posting this but anyway. I think for History they're going to ask about the effects of WWII on Britain and then possibly Ireland. I got this info from my teacher who helps set Q's for the exam apparently..Also I'm thinking ( kinda wishful thinking though ) that Church state relations in Fascist Italy and/ or Nazi Germany might come up.
    For the document I think Vietnam will come up considering they have to make the paper a bit easier this year they might aswell throw in the hardest document question because the other two are a bit easy.

Also has anyone got any tips on how you're studying Home-Ec for the last week and what you're studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RebeccaConway

Honours Irish:
    Fiche Blian ag Fás
    Clare sa Spéir
    Gealt?
    Bimse Buan are Buairt Gach Ló
    Oiche Nollaig Na mBan
    Dán Do Mhelissa
    An Mhathair
    Maigdileana
    Da mb'fheidir aris dar gcumann

Stair na Gaeilge:
    Caitlín Maude
    Máiréad Ní Ghráda
    Cathal Ó Searcaigh
    Áine Ní Ghlinn
    Brian Merriman
    Peig Sayers

An Triail:
    Life in the 60's

Honours English:
    Boland
    Rich
    Mahon
    Larkin

Comparative:
    Theme/Issue
    Literary Genre

Othello:
    Iago

Honours Art History:
    Irish Section:
    Passage Graves
    Illuminated Manuscripts

European Section:
    Gothic/Romanesque (Sculpture/Architecture)
    Early Renaissance

Appreciation of Art:
    Gallery/Museum
    Exhibition
    Maybe Film

Honours Business: (Business On-Line book)
    Q1:
    People in Business (ch. 1-3)

Q2:
    Domestic Environment (ch. 19-23)

Q3:
    International Environment (ch. 24-26)

Q4:
    Management and Enterprise (unit 2, 3)

Q5:
    Management and Business in Action (unit 3, 4, 5)

Q6:
    Management and Business in Action (above)

Q7:
    Business in Action (unit 5)

ABQ:
    probably marketing mix

Honours Home-Ec:
    Lipids
    HACCP

Anyone got anything else???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RebeccaConway

jaymacgray wrote: »
    Also has anyone got any tips on how you're studying Home-Ec for the last week and what you're studying?

Im just going through summary sheets of each chapter nd basically learnin off...pretty tough for nutrition but the rest os grand! What elective you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

declan_lgs wrote: »
    I love you. But what does CVP mean for A/Cing Q8?

It's Marginal Costing

Advertisement