Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Interlink just rang me to say they have my delivery ( I'm not at home but will collect from Depo tonight)

Yet on my order status it has estimated delivery date at the 17th :D

So Happy days all round.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

What emails did you get from them when you ordered?
    I got an Order Acknowledgement with an Internet Receipt.
    Then i got a Booking Reference with all the details

however... when i try to check the status, it cannot find the order. Time to ring them i think

only order yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

however... when i try to check the status, it cannot find the order. Time to ring them i think

only order yesterday afternoon.
    Kaiser2000 said yesterday that he was talking to a rep who said orders would take 24 hours to appear in the EMEA Order area.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon so i'll wait til the end of the day before ringing anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

ah grand so - i'll give em a chance :-)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I had ordered mine on Friday, got no word back after initial confirmation email. I contacted MBNA last night, they told me that a transaction for 188 was denied due to an incorrect CVV code.. Called Dell this morning and spent half an hour talking to 10 different people, all I learned was that they'd cancelled my order without bothering to tell me. No-one seemed to be able to put it back on the system. I got very, very angry and frustrated, and hung up. Emailed my dell account manager at work, two minute phone conversation, and we have an order. NEVER again do I try to order anything from dell as a civilian, their customer care is atrocious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

basquille wrote: »
    Kaiser2000 said yesterday that he was talking to a rep who said orders would take 24 hours to appear in the EMEA Order area.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon so i'll wait til the end of the day before ringing anyways!

Hmm, I ordered mine yesterday at around 10am and still no sign of it up there. Might ring the cc company and see if its going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

Mine arrived today...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Mine arrived today too :D

I put my parents address as my shipping address because there is always somebody there to take the delivery.

I won't be out there for a few days but I can't wait to get it up and running this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ordered friday evening. Arrived today. Can't fault that.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

Rang dell today
    My oder for 2 - placed last thursday has been cancelled
    They couldn't tell me why - just could say it was cancelled!

How when i go back on the site it can't fnd the offer...

Good bye cheap servers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Quackles wrote: »
    I had ordered mine on Friday, got no word back after initial confirmation email. I contacted MBNA last night, they told me that a transaction for 188 was denied due to an incorrect CVV code.. Called Dell this morning and spent half an hour talking to 10 different people, all I learned was that they'd cancelled my order without bothering to tell me. No-one seemed to be able to put it back on the system. I got very, very angry and frustrated, and hung up. Emailed my dell account manager at work, two minute phone conversation, and we have an order. NEVER again do I try to order anything from dell as a civilian, their customer care is atrocious!

They did exactly the same to me years ago. They said the card was refused and they didn't bother to even contact me, I was left waiting weeks thinking my PC was on the way. I was very surprised and disappointed with their behaviour and attitude. Interestingly, that was with an MBNA card as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Ordered mine Friday night, received today. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Just received I'm a happy camper ... now to burn ubuntu and away I go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How odd!

My credit card has not been charged for the server, which is perfectly understandable as judging by all the "disappearing orders" I doubt i'm gonna get it. And hasn't appeared in my EMEA Order area so it's a no-go i'd imagine.

But even more strangely, the payment for the Vostro for they reserved late last week has been refunded back onto my card. Will they only take this on shipment (as it has been delayed)?

It's all very confusing!

This thread isn't giving me much re-assurance in Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

geecee wrote: »
    Rang dell today
    My oder for 2 - placed last thursday has been cancelled
    They couldn't tell me why - just could say it was cancelled!

How when i go back on the site it can't fnd the offer...

Good bye cheap servers!

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ieepp1&kc=123&oc=SC44402&x=9&y=6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ehh, my order was cancelled visa delined and its under some-one else's name!!!

Just rang the bank, looks like dell didnt even try to put the order through my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Did those who've received the machine at this stage get order conformation/delivery notification etc, or did it just turn up?

I have to say, speaking as someone who oversees the IT purchasing for the company I work for, that DELL really do seem to be slipping lately - orders delayed, poor response times to emails/phone calls etc. I'm not sure what's going on as they were much better only a few months back.

I've mailed the EPP rep earlier to confirm the orders are underway but no reply as yet. I think I'll drop a mail to my account manager as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Dell decided to send me an order acknowledgement but where charging me 376 euros for just one server so rang them and nice lady said they would change it to two and resend it to me.

Now what am I going to do with two servers!

Has anyone managed to put a graphics card into one of these yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Dell decided to send me an order acknowledgement but where charging me 376 euros for just one server so rang them and nice lady said they would change it to two and resend it to me.

Now what am I going to do with two servers!

Has anyone managed to put a graphics card into one of these yet?

Nope we're gonna wait to see how you get on! .. (you sound under pressure :D to do it quickly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Received mine today, very happy. Play time later!
    Very impressed, ordered friday evening and delivered Tuesday morning - thats damn impressive in my book :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Did those who've received the machine at this stage get order conformation/delivery notification etc, or did it just turn up?

Got order confirmation on Saturday and delivered today - which I expected when I saw it was with Interlink (when I looked online yesterday). All in all was a great buying experience. Hopefully the server will bring me many hours of nerdy pleasure too!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just rang the rep again..

My own one should be delivered tomorrow, the 3 for the office are in production, and the extra 1 I ordered for a colleague is processing too.

All going well then I'll have all 5 by Friday :D

Ubuntu Desktop 7.10 installed and up and running in minutes ...

recognised everything on it so far :)

Next step = more memory and a graphics card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

forbairt wrote: »
    That link wasn't working for me Kaizersoze ... ?

Works fo me. Weird.:confused:

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Works fo me. Weird.:confused:

Erm .. its working now ... before it was throwing up an /Application error message for me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

the 305w PSU gonna be able to support more ram and a new graphics card?

Are dell server PSUs like their desktop PSUs insofar as they can't be upgraded easily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

the 305w PSU gonna be able to support more ram and a new graphics card?

Are dell server PSUs like their desktop PSUs insofar as they can't be upgraded easily?

300W Dell PSU = almost 400-450W Generic Power Supply....

You can go all they way up to a 8800gt on that psu (if its the same one as in the desktops ie vostro,inspiron,e520 etc)

Ram is fine and there psu's are upgradeable

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_video&thread.id=167576&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

Longfield wrote: »
    Received mine today, very happy. Play time later!
    Very impressed, ordered friday evening and delivered Tuesday morning - thats damn impressive in my book :)

How big is it,same size as desktop?

Is it noisy?

Any problems putting in an os,windows or linux?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Lord Deco wrote: »
    How big is it,same size as desktop?

Is it noisy?

Any problems putting in an os,windows or linux?

Thanks

Ubuntu 7.10 installed in about 20 minutes its desktopish size ... its pretty quiet as well :) but then these is just the onboard graphics. It does seem to weigh quite a bit but then the heatsink is a brick :)

Haven't tried windows might try putting XP onto it to test if it works :) though I think you need to create a bootable xp sp2 cd via the slipstream method ...

Don't have vista so I won't be testing any flavour of that.

Advertisement