Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    some people seem to be getting confirmation order quicker than others.its been over 24 hours now and still know confirmation order.logged into dell but theres no sign of my order.it says to wait more than 72 hours b4 contacting them.what would happen if they are all sold and they dont have my order for some reason.i have an order no. would i have a case if they messed up the order

I dont think so, the offer would have terms and conditions around it. If it was ordered on the EPP site then definitely no as those orders werent covered in the original offer .

Also from what im aware anything on the site is an invitation to treat only, its not a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

do you work for dell darkener.i run a small business myself so they cant say im not eligibale.anyway will wait in hope.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

All ill say is EPP and small sales are two different sections. If you ordered on the EPP site they could say you are not eligible for numerous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well hopefully I'll get mine as we (the company I work for) already have access to DELL's EPP offers - which I'll tell them if there's any messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

According to the dell site mine is already dispatched.....yippeee....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I just recieved my order confirmation, didn't get the Xeon upgrade though. I was getting a bit worried as I ordered it on Thursday night.

recieved my order cobfirmation.didnt get the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly.
    :)

I guess I'll know more on monday :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

got order confirmation, no xeon upgrade...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got my order confirmation yesterday (no Xeon upgrade either :() but when I click the link to check the status, I get:

We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement

this is what mine says.
    Unfortunately your order has not been found.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we have been unable to identify your order based on the information you have provided. There are a number of potential reasons why your order has not been located.

Either the IR number or email address used was incorrect.

The order has not yet transferred to our order status system.

If you placed your order online within the past 48 hours, please wait and try again in 24 hours time. This will allow time for the order to load into our online status system.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

i'm getting the same as yourself Floyd.. worried about this..

well it says to wait up to 72 hours b4 contacting them.will email them tomorrow night and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

same here. but it was only ordered last night so will see on monday. I did not get the xeon upgrade either... ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    this is what mine says.
    Unfortunately your order has not been found.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we have been unable to identify your order based on the information you have provided. There are a number of potential reasons why your order has not been located.

Either the IR number or email address used was incorrect.

The order has not yet transferred to our order status system.

If you placed your order online within the past 48 hours, please wait and try again in 24 hours time. This will allow time for the order to load into our online status system.

That's a routine message, I've gotten the same before and received my order as normal. You'll probably get your order, if Dell weren't willing to sell the system at the stated price they'd pull the e-value code and related web page.

They probably have a crap load of them taking up space and just want rid. They are a rubbish spec, the only thing that makes them special is the price!
    I have the latest Ubuntu downloaded so might throw that on and play with it.

Saruman wrote: »
    They probably have a crap load of them taking up space and just want rid. They are a rubbish spec, the only thing that makes them special is the price!
    I have the latest Ubuntu downloaded so might throw that on and play with it.

Excellent Saruman, if you're planning on using the Ubuntu Server Edition I'd love to know how you get on. I haven't tried it.

Update: For the more adventurous/technical :D , there's step-by-step tutorials on how to set up a web, small business, mail server etc... using Linux at How to Forge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Extended till 14.12.2007 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got my order confirmation too, cant track online but judging by past experience thats normal.
    Once they go into production they seem to ship fast, hopefully an update on Monday as I doubt there much going on now in the plant in Limerick.

Didnt get the Xeon but did get the sas controller which I'm well chuffed with :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Microsoft Windows Small Business Server R2 2003, Premium Edition with 5 Client Licenses - add €921.62
    Microsoft Ka-ching !

20 Additional CALs for Windows 2003 Small Business Server (Std or Prem) add € 1,795.98
    Microsoft Ka-ching ! Ka-ching!!

That's €2717.60 extra please. :eek:
    Thank you, and have a nice day! :D

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote: »
    Excellent Saruman, if you're planning on using the Ubuntu Server Edition I'd love to know how you get on. I haven't tried it.

Update: For the more adventurous/technical :D , there's step-by-step tutorials on how to set up a web, small business, mail server etc... using Linux at How to Forge.

No just going got home user as i have no need of a server edition myself. I install/support servers (windows) but have no use for one at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Extended till 14.12.2007 :)

Aye I saw that and increased to a max of 3 per customer.

1000 units me arse. Like Saruman said, they probably have the place full of them.

I'd say their status system is borked aswell. 3 Vostros I ordered Thursday have changed to:
    We have located your Order but we cannot advise a status, please contact Dell Customer Service.

The latest desktop Ubuntu is great so no probs there. If I got this I think I'd try the Ubuntu server edition because knowing Ubuntu I'd say it would be a cinch to install.

Anyway, I see you can upgrade to 3yr. Next Business Day Premier Enterprise Support for €67.52- for those who need it, that sounds like a bargain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

would you have to use this as a server? i need a new pc mainly for video editing and playing a few games would this work? ive upgraded the cpu and ram to 4gb would this help me in what i want?

Please....this is not a server :D
    Its entry level, no where near as powerful as my PC.
    Install XP on it and you will be grand. Stick in a better graphics card and you could even play some games on it :D
    How much did all your upgrades work out at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

Install XP on it and you will be grand. Stick in a better graphics card and you could even play some games on it :D

Does it come with all the drivers,tools etc,to use it as a normal for pc,internet,dvds,itunes etc or do you have to get them yourself?

Friend of mine is looking for a laptop or desktop for general use,I have a copy of xp I can give him,is there much work after that,if any with regard to downloading drivers,dll's etc?

Any idea what the psu is like?

A 300 watt dc power supply in the vostros/inspirons can take a HD3850/7950gt,is this the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It is a server, it serves.
    Servers generally dont come with fancy graphics cards..they just..well serve...

This will be an excellent fileserve for a small network, you've got nice data redundancy with raid one on the sata drives, the memory is upscalable to 4gb pretty cheaply (from Crucial..Dell are pretty dear to upgrade the memory).

Its a nice little small business server (or home server for people like us!).

I've an MSDN subscription so will be sticking 2003 Server and maybe 2007 too (if the mood takes me) on it and playing about with virtual machines once my memory from Crucial arrives. I'll also back up all my photos, movies and mp3's to it.
    Its a bloomin bargain server!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

You know what i mean longfield.... Its entry level, barely more than a PC, no raid 5, no redundant power supply etc.
    My point was, it will do as a PC or media centre just as well as its deignated "sever" status.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

:D I got nervous this morning that my epp order wouldn't get processed so I set up another account on another email and ordered one at the full price just in case!

I'd hardly finished placing the order when I got an order confirmation that my epp order was now in pre-production with an expected delivery date of 17th. Dec.!

Guess I'll be cancelling the second order on Monday...:o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote: »
    It is a server, it serves.
    Servers generally dont come with fancy graphics cards..they just..well serve...

This will be an excellent fileserve for a small network, you've got nice data redundancy with raid one on the sata drives, the memory is upscalable to 4gb pretty cheaply (from Crucial..Dell are pretty dear to upgrade the memory).

Its a nice little small business server (or home server for people like us!).

I've an MSDN subscription so will be sticking 2003 Server and maybe 2007 too (if the mood takes me) on it and playing about with virtual machines once my memory from Crucial arrives. I'll also back up all my photos, movies and mp3's to it.
    Its a bloomin bargain server!!

Right on the money there Longfield, I agree it's a nice little server for home or small business use. It has a gigabit ethernet embedded NIC as well, so if you upgrade your switch to gigabit, you've a low cost server dishing out data at 1000 Mbit/sec. :D

Advertisement