Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I just noticed this offer on the Dell Small Business server site: Buy your first server with Dell and receive a FREE gift!: http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/enterprise?c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&l=en&s=bsd

I think you have to fill out this form and get a callback from a Dell rep. I'd want €500 at least, in advance, to listen to that one of them! But I guess that's what speakerphones are for. I wonder what the gift is? Is the booby prize a copy of Vista? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

Oracle wrote: »
    Right on the money there Longfield, I agree it's a nice little server for home or small business use. It has a gigabit ethernet embedded NIC as well, so if you upgrade your switch to gigabit, you've a low cost server dishing out data at 1000 Mbit/sec. :D

Is it faster than wifi/file sharing on home pc?

Not that im going to be upgrading to gigabit...

Dont you get something like 10mbit/sec when file sharing on home pc,through public....3 others in my house with pc's set up to file share,plus an xbox360...

Would I see any difference in speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mine has shipped, received packing slip and system tag, should be here Monday or Tuesday - that was quick :).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Mine has shipped, received packing slip and system tag, should be here Monday or Tuesday - that was quick :).
    When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I just noticed this offer on the Dell Small Business server site: Buy your first server with Dell and receive a FREE gift!: http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/enterprise?c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&l=en&s=bsd

I think you have to fill out this form and get a callback from a Dell rep. I'd want €500 at least, in advance, to listen to that one of them! But I guess that's what speakerphones are for. I wonder what the gift is? Is the booby prize a copy of Vista? :D

Are you going to chance it? Let us know if its worth the aggro please buddy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    When did you order?

Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Ordered Thursday evening myself and still haven't received an order confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

I ordered on thursday evening and got an internet receipt at around 5:30PM

just recieved an order confirmation :

PE SC440 Pentium Dual-Core E2160, 1.8GHz/1MB 800FSB 2 106.37 212.74 S
    Money OFF - Unbelievable Offer - Save up to 73% 2 S
    English Documentation, UK Power Cord 2 S
    PE SC440 Server Tower Chassis (L6) 2 S
    1GB Single Rank 667MHz ECC Memory (2x512MB) 2 S
    No Floppy Drive 2 S
    80GB SATA (7,200rpm) 3.5inch Hard Drive 2 S
    80GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.2K rpm, Additional HD 2 S
    16x DVD Rom 1st 2 S
    No Monitor Required 2 S
    No Mouse Required 2 S
    No Keyboard Required 2 S
    No Operating System 2 S
    Open Manage CD with Drivers 2 S
    No Warranty Upgrade 2 S
    You have chosen not to take the Dell PowerEdge installation service 2 S
    Base Warranty 2 S
    1Y NBD (Next Business Day) On-site 2 S
    C2 Motherboard SATA cabled, No RAID, 2 Hard Drives (using onboard SATA Cntrl) 2 S
    PowerEdge Order - Ireland 2 S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Lord Deco wrote: »
    Is it faster than wifi/file sharing on home pc?

Not that im going to be upgrading to gigabit...

Dont you get something like 10mbit/sec when file sharing on home pc,through public....3 others in my house with pc's set up to file share,plus an xbox360...

Would I see any difference in speed?

Hi Lord Deco, gigabit ethernet is faster than wifi, and faster than the standard ethernet used for networking and file sharing in most homes & many offices:

Standard WiFi (54g) - 54 Mbit/sec (High Speed/Turbo Mode 125 Mbit/sec)
    Standard Ethernet - 100 Mbit/sec
    Gigabit Ethernet - 1000 Mbit/sec

As you can see sharing data over WiFi will slow the maximum speed to 54 Mbit/sec at best. So if your use WiFi to share files and use your Xbox having a gigabit ethernet wired network won't give you much performance boost. The best performance improvement would only be achieved if you used a wired network and upgraded your switch to gigabit.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

I ordered 2 of these last thursday
    Still never received any order conformation from Dell
    Just an internet Receipt number....

When i look this number up -they say they have no record of my order and that i should wait up to 72 hours...

The 72 hours is well past by now...
    Anybody else experiencing the same problmems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Did anyone do this and if so what was the prize ? a 32mb usb key ? :D

geecee wrote: »
    I ordered 2 of these last thursday
    Still never received any order conformation from Dell
    Just an internet Receipt number....

When i look this number up -they say they have no record of my order and that i should wait up to 72 hours...

The 72 hours is well past by now...
    Anybody else experiencing the same problmems

Is it 72hours working time do they work sunday ... in which case give them a little bit of time today ? The offer was extended till the 14th so there's still time

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ, that was quick.

My boss ordered one on Thursday afternoon and it just arrived this morning.

I ordered a laptop a week ago and that's still in 'Phase 2: Pre-Production' with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

basquille wrote: »
    Christ, that was quick.

My boss ordered one on Thursday afternoon and it just arrived this morning.

I ordered a laptop a week ago and that's still in 'Phase 2: Pre-Production' with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday! :(

wow, must be already waiting in delivery trucks :D , ordered one this morning :)

status on mine tells me its out for delivery but there's no link to check with the courier

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

just off the phone from dell.Rang them as could find my order when i logged in online.He says that the order didnt process and to order it again.He asked if I wanted to order with him but i said id do it online .I probably wouldnt have got the epp discount ordering it on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I ordered two of these on Thursday and received the "Dell Order Acknowledgement" email straight after. Since placing the order I had been trying to get a status from the Dell site but kept getting the "unfortunately your order has not been found" message. I mailed DELL customer service today and the response was "your order was cancelled due to an internal error" and to order again. I just ordered again at the same price. Might be worth emailing customer service if your in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

i think this might not work with the epp.has anyone recieved confirmation that theres have been sent and when on thursday did you order.maybe they coped on after a few ordered through epp early thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    i think this might not work with the epp.has anyone recieved confirmation that theres have been sent and when on thursday did you order.maybe they coped on after a few ordered through epp early thursday.

I don't think it's just an EPP problem. The same happened to the pc's I ordered Thursday. I emailed the Dell rep and she resubmitted the order today.

It looks like their ordering system borked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

I ordered my two (@ €188 each) on Friday afternoon, got the confirmation email Saturday afternoon, and they shipped Sunday. Hopefully I'll have them by tomorrow.

• Advertisement

floydmoon1 wrote: »

Used the EPP ... shipped on the 8th so thats saturday ... awaiting delivery today .. it says on the website arrival on the 14th or before and says to check with interlink for details only I've no tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squonk_ie

Dell must be shipping these at random. I ordered mine on Thursday via the EPP but it has just gone into production today. I got my confirmation email on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ordered on Friday night and looks like its already on the way to me - "Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly." , I can also look up my service tag online. Very impressed, thats really fast.

As luck would have it my main pc died today, not sure if its mbd , cpu etc yet, very glad that this is arriving and also very lucky that I backed up my main pc yesterday!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

For those of you whose orders went through, did you purchase using EPP and the other delivery discount (ie. 188e total) and did you purchase with a business name?

I just purchased one myself there via EPP and with a business name - fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

For those of you whose orders went through, did you purchase using EPP and the other delivery discount (ie. 188e total) and did you purchase with a business name?

Yes EPP, €188 total, and I used a business name.

I placed my order about 10 minutes ago and tried checking the order status using the IR number and my e-mail address and it's not found.

Is this normal? Will it take a while to register there?

Did you enter a legit company name?

Did you enter a legit company name?
    Yep!

• Advertisement

Bollox.. that could be the problem then. Is the credit card you ordered with a company one? Does it have company details registered with the card?

Advertisement