Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dazzy wrote: »
    I ordered two of these on Thursday and received the "Dell Order Acknowledgement" email straight after. Since placing the order I had been trying to get a status from the Dell site but kept getting the "unfortunately your order has not been found" message. I mailed DELL customer service today and the response was "your order was cancelled due to an internal error" and to order again. I just ordered again at the same price. Might be worth emailing customer service if your in the same boat.

Same here...

I just rang to order 3 more for work, and had the girl check my own personal one (that I placed Thursday). She says it was cancelled (by me?) even though I had received a order confirmation email.

She was able to place it again though, so it may be worth checking with them if you haven't gotten any updates guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm beginning to see why these machines are so cheap... its all a ploy to test some sort of new ordering system :D before it goes live world wide :D

I ordered with a business name ... for the EPP .. and a personal CC so I don't think thats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bollox.. that could be the problem then. Is the credit card you ordered with a company one? Does it have company details registered with the card?
    No, it's a personal card. First time i've ordered through EPP so that might be the problem.

It should appear in the order status area very soon after you order, right? That's normally the way it is, or should i wait 24 hours for it to appear.

basquille wrote: »
    It should appear in the order status area very soon after you order, right? That's normally the way it is, or should i wait 24 hours for it to appear.

It took nearly 24 hours for me to get the payment confirmation email and for me to be able to log into the site to see my order

forbairt wrote: »
    It took nearly 24 hours for me to get the payment confirmation email and for me to be able to log into the site to see my order
    Whoops.. probably shouldn't have e-mailed them asking about it so! :o

But in truth.. I also e-mailed them to ask them about a Vostro which has been in pre-production since Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Well, according to the Dell EMEA status link, mine is out for delivery with Interlink. I too provided my company address in error on the EPP site so in theory my credit card should have been turned down. I emailed customer care and they have since told me to contact them to re-order.

I will laugh if it turns up on my doorstep this evening by the time I get home or tomorrow. Looks like the order was processed before my credit card was verified :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I ordered mine on Friday evening and I got a confirmation on Saturday morning. It says on the website that it should arrvie on or before the 17th (abit long!) and it says to check with interlink for details, but like some others here, I have no tracking number.

Actually now that I am looking at my order they have given me a C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID instead of the C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1 that I ordered. This wouldn't be too bad if I got the Xeon upgrade..........but I didn't :(

By the way, when I talked to the rep she told me it should take no more than 24 hours for the order to be put up on the system and confirmation to be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Raekwon wrote: »
    Actually now that I am looking at my order they have given me a C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID instead of the C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1 that I ordered. This wouldn't be too bad if I got the Xeon upgrade..........but I didn't :(

Where are you seeing that?, I'm looking at my packing slip online and it does say "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives " as well as higher up "SAS 5/iR Controller Card for SATA and SAS HDs " which I assume means the controller should be in it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    By the way, when I talked to the rep she told me it should take no more than 24 hours for the order to be put up on the system and confirmation to be sent.
    Cheers Kaiser. Much appreciated for letting us know.
    Longfield wrote:
    Where are you seeing that?, I'm looking at my packing slip online and it does say "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives " as well as higher up "SAS 5/iR Controller Card for SATA and SAS HDs " which I assume means the controller should be in it.
    Mine has "C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID" too.

EDIT: The EPP link gives the "C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID" whereas the link the original post for it (€149 excl VAT) has "C5 SAS/SATA cabled, RAID 1, Add-in SAS5iR Cntrl, 2 Hard Drives" so that's why obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, will believe it when I see it so, might be like those vanishing Xeons others were seeing earlier.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Longfield wrote: »

It was on the packing slip.

It says that a 'C2 - Motherboard SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller, no RAID' has been shipped to me but I ordered a 'C5 - Ad-in SAS/SATA cabled, 2 Hard Drives connected to ad-in SAS controller, RAID1' and the original order acknowledgement has confirmed that I actually ordered that latter of the two.

Damn!

Uh oh.. any truth to this that Dell won't honour business orders through EPP? Just realised when i sent them an e-mail regarding the status of the server and laptop - I mentioned delivery to "my business address", I meant "work address"!

Bollocks - cancellation ahoy? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Uh oh.. any truth to this that Dell won't honour business orders through EPP? Just realised when i sent them an e-mail regarding the status of the server and laptop - I mentioned delivery to "my business address", I meant "work address"!

Bollocks - cancellation ahoy? :(

I've ordered off of epp lots of times .. with different work / business / personal addresses .. business credit cards / personal credit cards ... and never been questioned once.. all you have to do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Mine says that it's with Interlink, but detailed information will follow soon.

I ordered a second one when I didn't recieve a confirmation for my original order, so hopefully they'll just ignore the second order

Well when I spoke to DELL earlier (and discovered my original order had been cancelled for some reason), she had no problem placing it again for me, and even changed the delivery address to the office for me (which I couldn't do online) - charged to my personal CC

I ordered a 2nd online this morning for one of the guys I work with but haven't received a confirmation yet. She told me to give it till the morning and let her know if I don't get anything back about it.

I also ordered 3 more for work this afternoon, using the company address and CC, and again, no issues with this.

All that said though, we are already registered for their EPP offers (I buy a lot of Optiplexes and laptops for the company from them), but regardless of this, I think if anyone is having problems or concerns the best thing is to just ring them and you'll get a lot further in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I ordered using epp and a company name (non epp qualifying) with a personal CC and home delivery address. That order is now being prepared for shipment. The second order, at the full(er) price I cancelled by email last night. When I checked this morning it was shown as being "in production" however I am now getting the "cannot advise status, please contact Customer service" message so I presume it has been cancelled OK.

Has anyone actually received a machine yet? Figure I won't get mine until Weds or Thursday (assuming I do get it....)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Christ, that was quick.

My boss ordered one on Thursday afternoon and it just arrived this morning.

I ordered a laptop a week ago and that's still in 'Phase 2: Pre-Production' with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday! :(

looks like someone got theres.i think basquilles boss is registered for epp

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    looks like someone got theres.i think basquilles boss is registered for epp
    No, he didn't order through the EPP link actually.

But yeah, it arrived this morning. We didn't even open it yet though.. still in it's box.

Hoping i get mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I do believe the EEP code on Pg. 1 is no longer valid. It's coming up at 233 all in. Which is pretty damn good. How easy is it to upgrade the interal Hard Drives? And how many spaces are there for extra drives? I'd be looking to max out the storage..

• Advertisement

Gambra wrote: »
    I do believe the EEP code on Pg. 1 is no longer valid. It's coming up at 233 all in. Which is pretty damn good. How easy is it to upgrade the interal Hard Drives? And how many spaces are there for extra drives? I'd be looking to max out the storage..

I just checked now and its still showing at €188 for me

RE: the hard drives. Very easy to change (have a look at the review I linked to a few pages back for pictures) but there's only space for 2 of them - although the motherboard will support 4 SATA devices.

You might get another 2 into the 3.5" floppy bay and spare 5.25" slot (with adapter) but I'm not sure on this. Anyone?

The Vostro i ordered is now showing pre-production as of 11/12/2007.

No chance of me getting it before Christmas at this point..! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Just got this from Dell after querying the two servers I ordered on Friday.
    Shame on Dell and now they are sending me to the UK sales team.

Dear Santa Claus,

Thank you for contacting Dell online customer care.

According to our records your Dell order [order number IE0666-6666-6666] has been cancelled due to technical error in our system.

If you would like to reinstate your order please go to www.dell.co.uk and place the order again or call our Sales team on 0870 907 4000.

Regards,
    Rubeena
    UKI Customer Support Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

According to our records your Dell order [order number IE0666-6666-6666] has been cancelled due to technical error in our system.

With an order number like that, maybe just as well (possible satanic implications :D )

Forgot to Mention name and Order number were changed to protect my identity! Bit of a Bummer was looking forward to playing around with it over the xmas, lucky I held off on ordering graphic cards.

Dell just e-mailed me to say my laptop (ordered December 4th) with an estimated delivery date of December 12th has a new estimated delivery date of December 31st.

That's gonna make a great Christmas present - pissed off! :(

An Xmas miracle might happen and you could get it before xmas!

Any ideas what I do about my dell order? Don't want to be ringing across the pond, probably end up in a call centre in India anyway.

It'd want to be quite a miracle.. getting it delivered to my work address which is closing on December 21st!

Thinking of cancelling it to be honest!

Any ideas what I do about my dell order? Don't want to be ringing across the pond, probably end up in a call centre in India anyway.

Ring the number on the EPP site and you'll probably get through to the centre in Cherrywood, Shankhill.

• Advertisement

My Personal CC has been charged for the EPP machine having given a business name ... I'm breathing easier :)

Advertisement